Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Marina is instantly likeable from her drawing but Pearl grows on you from her attitude and the fan art. I like both of them to greater levels than Callie and Marie because I find their personalities more interesting.

(Callie was the better sister.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Coolspaz posted:

It's pretty obvious you know nothing about being fresh

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

grand theft grotto posted:

Even though the logistics of the official Splatoon 2 headset are silly I ordered one because the idea of having a Splatoon headset is awesome and I like the actual design.

Yeah plus if I don't like the sound quality I get the dongle out of it for mixing and can use my preferred headset instead, if that works.

The real question is where the gently caress are our splatoon 2 joycons?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I think the real question is do you have to rebuy the game to play in different regions?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

Man I don't think I'm going to make Ice Cream Queen and I entirely blame how long matchmaking is taking.

Yeah I just hit Champion and have been mostly winning, but I'm doing a pre made squad.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pearls popularity will rise as the gremlin fan art continues.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

So, the D.va effect then?

Yeah but D.Va is like if you mashed Pearl and Marina together, since she's gotten sexy fan art from the start, then got gremlin art later, and went from a D tier hero in popularity to S+

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

I took tons of pictures of Pearl but my PC corrupted the microsd somehow

EB Games has a whole lot of Splatoon garbage including the Pearl cap from the game cover https://ebgames.com.au/loot-231911-Splatoon-2---Inkling-Trucker-Hat-Loot

Thinkgeek also has the white tank she's wearing too if you want to maximize your trucker red neck squid look

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Smiles posted:

lmao i was just playing hero mode on splatoon 1 for old times sake and just to enjoy the scenery when marie chimes in

DDDD:

I'm so glad the switch has a screenshot button.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lemming posted:

If you didn't get those amiibos immediately you don't deserve them

I got them just as figures.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Get hosed people who didn't buy splatoon amiibo like, 2-3 months ago when they were all readily available and on mega discount.

I can't wait for the inevitable Pearl and Marina amiibo. I got the new girl and boy ones too although I didn't really want another squid so I got them separately instead of the three pack.

Also I'm probably going to get a personal amiibo card of my character's preferred look because holy poo poo why would I carry an amiibo around with me when a card makes it way easier.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Do tell us if the cans sound like poo poo.

I ended up just canceling mine since I can't imagine ever playing mobile and needing voice chat, but I may reconsider if they make a dongle that works for any headset.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Anyone with crippling ocd want to comment on splatoon painting

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Oh wow. Okay so for starters there was this guy named Pythagoras

I said ocd not autism

I generally wonder if people with tidying issues would hate this game for how messy it is

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

That's the prima guide lol

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

But they are best mixed together into fry sauce :smith:

(Mayo is more versatile, if this is the US splatfest I'm siding with the gremlin)

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Can't wait to draw Patrick and Spongepearl

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ketchup blends are way less versatile than mayo blends. The best blend ketchup has us with mayo.

Side with the gremlins or else.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

This is hard because mayo in tuna is amazing but ketchup goes with everything. Ahhhhhh.

No that's salsa, ketchup is gross with most things that aren't potatoes.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Splat balloons still pretty worthless

Yeah I used them for a bit and they were incredibly underwhelming. Then I moved to those triangle things and suddenly I learned what getting kills with grenades felt like.

Also I freaking love the Off the Hook time that plays before maps are announced with Marinas backing vocals and Pearls little squid phrase. Also that dj scratch every map announcement is so drat satisfying.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

people who are named "aiden" are basically a flag for "im really bad at video games"

Also literal children with parents that suck at naming, so probably stupid too

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 26, 2017

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

maybe these children should work on getting better at games

When I was 8 i couldn't beat the first dungeon in OoT or get the deku mask off in MM.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

mutantmanifesto posted:

83 pages in, so sorry. How are goons playing with each other? If at all?

Discord is pretty lively

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Zelder posted:

Naw, Nintendo doesn't want a coordinated team to steamroll turf war

It's fun to shoot your friends anyways, I had an 8 person discord game in pub servers not too long ago, everyone got to splat and chat

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

i absolutely don't mind just joining a general game lobby with friends and occasionally playing with or against them, that's one of the things i enjoyed most about team fortress 2 and one of the things i missed the most about overwatch. sometimes it's just fun to get into duels with your friends.

i just seriously wish there was a way to queue up for games together at all rather than having one person join a game and then hope your friend can join in on you before the round starts

Just bully pubbies until you take it over if you can't get the last spot.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Splatoon 2 Turf Wars Worst Players to have on your team

5. Aiden
4. Ayden
3. Aidyn
2. Aydyn
1. Yydyn

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Only Aidens choose ketchup.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

:same:

I'm so sick of having to claw my way up from C- being the top performing player every round and still losing :(

I'm up to B in turf and rainmaker. Its tower control that I'm stuck in.

I finally got out of C- on Rain maker despite doing the same, anyone know if it gets better so I can get B- to play with friends?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Why is it not mustard vs ketchup

Who is honestly going to vote for loving mayonaise?

I can 100% guarantee you mayo will win in Japan or at least be most popular. Some dude wrote a loving side story in his book series about mayo and the main characters love of it in Japan. It's huge there.

Also mayo is better lol you loving child. Way more uses for it.

Also i love how the colors for this are cum and blood

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

HMS Beagle posted:

I was leaning toward mayo but then someone posted about mayo on a steak and the idea was so physically repellent to me I might switch to ketchup. At least that works on meatloaf.

Ketchup on steak is worse than aioli on steak.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Outside of America nobody puts ketchup on poo poo except American food, it's mayo all the way down. Kind of a questionable choice for the first splatfest really

I think ketchup will win popularity on US but lose in EU and JP.

gently caress most Europeans dip fries in mayo or mix it with ketchup and mayo.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I think mayo can upset win in America because all the Aidens will pick ketchup so I look forwarding to splatting children.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

Now what makes you say that?

Don't be friends with children and manchildren.

I'm 7/6 mayo/ketchup on mine.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lol mayo is going to destroy ketchup because of the children.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

Does that even work though? Whenever I buy from Murch I forgot exactly what I wanted him to get and then later he says "well it's not exactly what you wanted but it's pretty close". Does that just refer to the random sub abilities?

It's the sub abilities not the main one.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

all the Japanese people use the Luna Blaster and by the time you even see them because they're playing the game 3 seconds ahead of you you're dead

Yeah it's pretty infuriating when you get 3 japanese pairs and get absolutely hosed and killed despite them not even aiming at where you are, but where you were. One time this happened one of the japanese players disconnected and we won but didn't deserve it at all. At least the tammates of them didn't derank.

I'd rather play against Europeans at that stage because at least its a closer speed time. I really wish this game had dedicated servers.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Yeah, all weapon types are good and anyone who says different doesn't know how to use them properly.

I imagine some are better than others but yeah in general that

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Tengames posted:

Honestly, what I find odd is the huge under-construction area right behind where you spawn in the plaza. Gonna be weird if they do nothing with it, and there's just this eternally unfinished area still in the plaza years from now.

Sounds like public works didn't get any better in the post apocalypse

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lakbay posted:

I think the only Amiibo I would ever buy is a Mr. Grizz one since that could look like a tacky souvenir I bought in a tourist trap shop in the Pacific Northwest

It's actually an Ainu native bear carving that was made during the early to mid 1900s that was made to sell to Japanese tourists that hawked at the crazy natives they tried to exterminate as a way to provide for themselves. They are technically sacrilegious because ainu religion disallowed making carvings of sacred animals but they were desperate for money and the tribe was known for its bear rituals. Now they are associated with Hokkaido tourism.

I have one ironically in my house from the 1950s before splatoon 2 came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

People unashamedly posting their own fursonas for kids to see in a Nintendo game is not a good thing.

It's basically the same as the weirdos parading out bdsm gear in public, don't push your sexual fetishes on children ty