Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Set up a team room. Waiting 5 minutes or until I have 3 partners.

E:SW-1600-3796-9312

Lol @ disconnecting to enter the home menu. I'll keep it open a little longer and check in once in a while if I can't get any bites

Not a Children fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

What team are you in?

Ice cream

e: taking too long to get 4. Will attempt again in a half hour

Not a Children fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 15, 2017

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Kirios posted:

THIS GAME loving OWNS

we are friggin' crushing face in this squad

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

The guide.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I hope the .52gal is an early unlock and as good as ever

.96 gal supremacy

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Most of Ninty's big releases have been midnight east coast.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I managed to get through long enough to start downloading -- it's a slow download though, and I can't get back into the eshop.

They're likely slammed.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Salmon run is extremely good and I can't wait to play the higher difficulties

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My only complaint with Splatoon 2 is it doesn't go to Off The Hook to announce the new stages as they rotate, it just goes "MAPS HAVE CHANGED".

haha jeez dude just restart the game if you want it that badly

Being able to skip the tedious text is pretty much the best thing they've done next to salmon run

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Letting my little sister borrow my Switch for the day so she can play while I'm stuck at work, then gotta pick up my amiibos on the way home and settle in for a splatty weekend.

She's probably more excited about the game than anyone, but doesn't have a Switch yet. Gonna see if I can help my parents buy her one for her birthday in August so we can play online together. Video games are one of the few things me and my 10 year old sister can bond over, and between this and the Minecraft cross-play stuff the Switch is looking like a good system for that.

Amazon still has neons in stock (less than 20 left at MSRP)

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I've decided to socialize this weekend instead of playing Splatoon 2

Hopefully I can alienate all of my friends so I don't have that option soon

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

Someone needs to test but it feels like they nerfed it a decent amount. For special abilities you pretty much just want to go for things with more slots that Look Fresh. Worry about optimizing poo poo later.

Ink resist is now available on things other than shoes, so I think you need to stack it for full effect. Probably not worth it.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

The first few weeks of ranked are always a cluster, as good players are still working their way up to the higher ranks

Just enjoy getting better, friend

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

inferis posted:

i gotta get a wifi hotspot so i can splat on the beach this summer

PSA: Splatoon 2 uses about 150MB per hour

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Stealth swimming is pretty vital for close/mid range weapons. Nothing like making your opponent guess which way to turn.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

So annoyed that I won't be able to participate in the easy salmon run coming up

More annoyed that I will have to deal with people who ride that to profreshional being filtered out after a more standard loadout comes.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

The splashdown during super jump is some sick tech. Absolutely shreds in tower control

This is my favorite thing to do. Baiting people with the jump indicator is so friggin' satisfying

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Everyone keeps saying rollers are the newbie weapon but I've never been able to wrap my head around them and I always do poorly and place at the bottom even on turf war

The real trick is that rollers (and nearly every short range gun) are stealth weapons. If you aren't painting the back lines, you should be hidden until you get an opportunity to blindside someone.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

The Gorp posted:

People keep saying this and I constantly am baffled.
This is the set that should let most people get top ranked.

They're fine except for the paintbrush, which doesn't have the ink reservoir to back up its strengths.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

grand theft grotto posted:

You're right that the carbon roller isn't really meant for a fight. What it's meant for is getting the jump on people so there won't be a fight. Focus on your position and practice getting the flick just right in training mode and have fun jumping out a people and splatting them before they know what's happening.

edit: beaten to this

Every roller (paintbrushes included) is this way. The only difference is what ink spread do you want when you roll, and how fast you wanna get carpal tunnel

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

while they tweaked how salmon run pay grades work between e3 and launch, I have to wonder how bad profeshional game journalists are at splatoon

they lasted 25 seconds

To be fair, if you're not ready for the night events they will absolutely wreck you

Hell, even if you are ready, sometimes

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

The thing I have learned to fear most in this game are people who have mastered the Dualies. Really hard to hit because they can just dodge roll out of the way several times and can gun down anyone in firefights in a matter of seconds.

They can dodge twice before they have to take a breather. Keep a bead on 'em, try to outrange them, and above all, don't panic.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Skatepark Did Nothing Wrong

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

The goal in zones is to stay alive as much as possible so stop playing death match in it

suction bombs to fend off the hordes and ink armor to foil their flanks for days

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Had my first Mothership today after reaching Overachiever, it's a really fun event! Does it always happen at high tide?

Still haven't seen the gusher event yet. I hate the .96 Gal in Salmon Run.

I don't understand

The .96 gal is ridiculously good

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

The Reef is awful about it.

It's worse when your team is trying to rush the rainmaker up the middle.

It's just plain demoralizing when you lose to a guy calling himself PENCE#MAGA because of it

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

thanks for the dry heave bud

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

a hearty lol at Marina's phone being octo- instead of squid-shaped

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I don't think I've ever finished a game of profreshional

Pubbies aren't too terrible, keep at it and you'll get it

Sometimes you just get plain unlucky with the mission types though.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

If you're trying to actually do the whole min/max thing, you should be tailoring your weapon and equipment selection to the current maps. Nothing covers every situation. For example, if you're in a map with a lot of cover like Mackerel or the Gym, you probably won't need ninja squid unless you've got a really close-range weapon.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Mackerel is a perfectly fine map

Learn to use the cover and it's a grand 'ole time.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

No .96 Gal?

Let them keep it

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

My stance remains unchanged about charger s being 99% useless in rainmaker after a couple years of this game. Occasionally one actually can handle the chaos as is but the huge bulk of them try to do their camp thing and are mostly dead wait.

Also a lot of them never pick up the rainmaker, furthering their lameness.

Every single one last night lost their matches in my games. The folks with the jet squelchers had a good time hmmmm

I'm hoping the bamboozler might change this dynamic with it's super quick charge time, but I'm not counting on it

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

If you use anything with decent range/accuracy, tri-sloshers can be pretty gimped as long as you don't do the thing where you rush in to the objective. NZap, squelcher dualies, blaster, and regular squelcher come to mind.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Deltron 3030 posted:

A Tale of Rock Bottom:

I considered making a new account for this to remain anonymous, but I want other Inklings to know the real risks of this "game" we play. You can't hide from the Stingray. It will find you and there will be a reckoning like you never eelieved possible.

So I'm a pretty regular poker player, solid winner long-term, but came home lateish last night after a medium-sized loss of $500. A bit of bad luck, a bit of bad play, so goes poker sometimes but it hurts worse right after, of course.

I get home and think "Hey I'll play some Splatoon 2, that'll take my mind off of poker. Oh hell yes, Rainmaker is the Ranked Battle for the next hour!"

I win my first few games and get my ranking meter filled almost completely to the end, definitely one win away from moving from A to A+ with only one crack.

"Ok let's finish this!" laughed Deltron 3030.

Lose a couple battles. *crack*

"Heh... Just gotta win one I still got this!" *crack*

"Ok... Put on your freshest gear and loving finish this," rasped Deltron 3030.

*SHATTER*

"Oh God... What have I done? Wait, Salmon Run is still open. I'm at 0/99 as a Profreshional. I'll probably just loving blow it, I'm terrible with this weapon rotation and it's what I deserve."

*second wave Wiped, demoted to Over-achiever*

The rest of the night is pretty hazy, but I woke up to a scene of mayhem with Long John Silver's calamari boxes everywhere, trails of cocktail sauce running to and from the bathroom, ink-soaked paint brushes littering the floor like a carpet of syringes.

Judd, give me the strength to recharge my ink and Booyah to those I have Ouched against in these decadent times. Help me to see the light at the end of the tower.

Psyonically, bionically forget how you feel

and try again tomorrow

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

That dualies buff sounds pretty huge. Puts them on par with nzap?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

throw to first drat IT posted:

Sometimes I play Turf War because Salmon Run isn't available. I think Profreshional should be made a little bit easier and new rank added above it. As it stands now, I feel like the difficulty jump is a bit too high, which results in some people raising to Profresh, being clearly over their head and dropping fast back to whatever it was.
I wish Nintendo would release usage stats at some point like Blizzard/Riot has done couple times.

Also, Inklings are really filthy.

What does the local youth have to say about this?

Ok, thank you.

I love everything about this

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

JackDarko posted:

What is a roller's job in Turf War & Ranked? The ink consumption on rolling is so high that you can't do it for very long. Are you meant to horizontal flick and create the line where conflict will occur? I'm regularly obtaining about 500pts in Turf, which I know is bad. If I get any higher than that my team usually loses.

In turf, you can lay down ink more evenly, more quickly than pretty much any other weapon. You should be painting the backfield at the beginning and focusing on areas where there's not much shooting otherwise. If you do need to fight, you should be stealthing it out and one-shotting people with your flick from the side/behind. The vertical flick can do in a pinch against short ranged weapons, but anyone worth their salt will just use your windup to flank and kill you.

In ranked, you should be adjusting your role based on what's going on. Successful splat zone push? Paint the zone and cover the flanking routes, you can do it fastest. Tower control, shark the enemy team from the sides if you can, or one-shot people on the platform as it passes by. Rainmaker, paint a path for your guy to get into enemy territory after a successful push, or paint over the route to your team so the enemy is forced to stop and repaint.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

:great:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Dugong posted:

Lost my first two rounds of Salmon run wave 1. I don't want to derank but I want to actually try the brella :cry:

Don't stress deranking. Seriously. It's easy to climb back up.