Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Amiibo are always ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I do think there's a bit of a valid concern in them just being Callie and Marie 2.0 in the localization, but :laffo: at that quote.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

OMG I love Kirby Squid.

Anyway, the most lol review I've seen is someone trying hard to make the case that Splatoon 2 is a port.

They're saying that not much has changed and that it's just more Splatoon, which seems to be a fairly valid point to make? :shrug:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I got in, but it crashed just as I was about to purchase it. :negative:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Finally got my purchase, and it's currently downloading! :dance:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

jokes posted:

Did splatoon 1 die early or did it stay alive for a long time? I never bought it, but Spla2n looks like a blast.

It had a good amount of support until Splatoon 2 came out.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

spla2n, is fun!

:yeah:

Salmon run is also super good.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

LeFishy posted:

Does Salmon Run give exp? I'm trying to decide how to spend my lunch break (assuming the online even works on the work network) and if SR gives exp then I'll definitely be doing that. Even if it doesn't I'll probably be doing that to be honest bur it's worth asking.

It doesn't seem like it, but I've only played a few rounds so far.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

pichupal posted:

I love Salmon Run.

But I suck at the Charger, but I keep getting it in the last wave. I've been saving my special to cover for my lack of Charging ability.

For example, getting stuck in the last wave with a Charger when two people disconnected. It sucks.

Yeah, I really don't like the Charger there. I feel like I can make more of an impact with the other weapons, but I'm not sure on what I can really do with the Charger. I guess snipe certain types of Boss Salmonids?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

That's what the Y button is for. Press it when in a comfortable neutral position. I'm not sure how well motion will work if you're laying down straight though.

It doesn't work if you're laying down for some reason.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, when you get saddled with the Charger, you're pretty much a support. In order to do much, you have to hope that the rest of your team can cover you while you can cover them and take out some of the peskier Boss Salmonids, like the Steelheads.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I don't know why some people in this thread complained when a reviewer called it basically a port of Splatoon 1. (Especially when said complainers hadn't played the game yet.) As of this moment not a lot has really changed from Splatoon 1. Not necessarily a bad thing, but come on, people. Though it'll probably change as more content is added.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 22, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm so fuckin bad at single player you guys. Especially the ones with the Octolings. Their accuracy is scary.

Best ink colour is orange, worst ink combo in games is darkish blue/pink because I'm just colourblind enough that I can't tell them apart at a glance

Consider Octolings practice for aiming in multiplayer.

The first stage they show up in is practically a multiplayer stage.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Astro7x posted:

So do all Salmon Run players get these same bonuses/points/whatever, regardless of performance?

I guess I don't really understand the point of this mode other than to have fun. It looks like I can unlock some new gear but that will take forever

You get some bonuses from it, but yes, the point is just to have fun. It's just an alternate game mode.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 23, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Gunder posted:

Some questions about gear:

Is there any difference between gear bonuses that are in primary bonus slots, and the ones in the smaller slots? Is a primary buff worth more?

Do bonuses stack? I have a hat which has +special meter gain in both slots, should I scrub one to get a different bonus? Assuming two identical bonuses on the same item don't stack, do they stack if they're on separate items?

Bonuses do stack, but if it's like Splatoon 1, there are diminishing returns on them. And eventually, getting more of those sub-bonuses won't do anything.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Deltron 3030 posted:

How is this still at 84 on Metacritic? The game is fresher than fresh air! I guess the first wave of reviewers is waiting a bit before revising to 100. Strange

Oh no, people don't think the game is perfect, what a tragedy. :geno:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

0.1% losses in Turf Wars are the most painful ones. :negative:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The final score card is just Kills/Special activations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Mahoning posted:

Guys is this good or no?

Aerospray is good in Turf Wars, but it's really not that great in ranked. Its killing power is really low, and killing is far more helpful in ranked. The N-Zap 85 pretty much outclasses it there.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The Octobrush is my new spirit animal in ranked.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 27, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

go and think about what you've done

The game itself makes that pun. :v:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 27, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, now that I got up to Overachiever in Salmon Run, Splattershot Pro and Jet Squelcher are pretty good. They're good at sniping Steelheads and such and just dealing with things from afar. Just hope that your close range fighters can help cover you if necessary.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The N-Zap also deals more damage and has a lower minimum hit to kill threshold.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

:yeah:

I just got the Tri-Slosher and it is very much my jam! I wanna try it out in ranked. In the last game they specifically buffed the damage sloshers do to the Rainmaker shield. If that buff still applies, seems like the Tri-Slosher would be decent there? I've been using the Splat Roller so far and doing... OK.

I have yet to try Splat Zones at all. I used to clown people an awful lot with a roller in Splat Zones.

Tri-Slosher is amazing in general and I've been getting a lot of results with it in ranked. The Ink Armor nerf definitely hurt it a bit since it's not exactly the greatest at building special. Though it's apparently a weapon that a disproportionate amount of pro players use, so it might see another nerf later.

Really the only thing that sucks about it is that its sub is the Burst Bombs. They have a bit more range, than the Slosher itself, and that's about it.

Fedule posted:

Okay so what is the deal with the Baller? It seems to be a total crapshoot on whether or not it kills people. Is it just really short range?

It just has a short range. You just want to be close as possible to your enemies as possible when it blows up.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 27, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

I've seen almost no Japanese players and the chargers are much much worse off in 2 than they were in 1, all this with a fresh matchmaking pool lead me to wonder if S is super competitive or if there are people who have managed to fail upwards that hard.

Seems like region lock is enforced for matchmaking, so it doesn't seem like you'll be running into any Japanese players unless they live in the US.

Also, you can squid while holding the Rainmaker. Please, squid to the goal. I even painted a path for you. :negative:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Also if you don't belong with said mouthbreathers, you'll be able to climb out of there eventually. And there are algorithms in place to skip you over a few ranks if it's obvious that you really don't belong there. The modes are different enough that I think that establishing separate ranks was a good move.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jul 28, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Got a source on this? From the games I have played I'm not really feeling it.

(Warning: Kotaku.) It was an issue that pro players brought up. But I might've misunderstood them and it was for league mode or something.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Splat Bombs are the triangles (Those are good) and Burst Bombs are the balloons (Which aren't as useful, but have their uses.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I think I'm going to skip out on this Salmon Run. That weapon set looks horrendous. :catstare:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I don't understand matchmaking sometimes. Yes, have one team consist of B-s and the other team consist entirely of B+s. That's a fair matchup. :psyduck:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I sure do love how it's impossible to push out because every player on the enemy team decided to activate their Tenta Missiles in succession. :geno:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Jarogue posted:

What sub does the dualie squelchers have I keep splatting them to fast to find out.

Point Sensor.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I realize that ranked isn't Turf Wars... but that doesn't mean you should completely ignore the enemy ink, especially if they've painted a path to our spawn! :argh:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

wow I already hate the dual squelchers

I haven't used them, but I am already tired of playing against them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

Just had a dude on the results screen with a score of 0p. I don't really know how this is possible considering I never saw anyone idling at spawn and I don't think we were down any players.

That means they disconnected.

Also if anyone doesn't know how Ink Armor works. there's a delay between it activating and then kicking in. Once you hear that little clicking sound, that means it's active. You can take 1 hit from anything before it goes away early (And there's a very short period after being hit once before it goes away entirely.) So use it preemptively. It won't save you if you're in a firefight unless the enemy has horrendous aim.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Why is it not mustard vs ketchup

Who is honestly going to vote for loving mayonaise?

I'm almost certain you can one=cycle steelheads with direct blaster shots. Killing steelheads with the splatling gun is trivial most of the time though. It has enough range that you can usually keep away from any salmonids near it whle blowing it up in one go. Never had issues with them when I had the splatling gun.

Yeah you can.

Also I take back what I said about the weapons. I played with a few friends, and this weapon set is really good, though each weapon is more specialized in what they can do.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jul 29, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Rank A Rainmaker is a complete bloodbath. So many dead squids everywhere. :gonk:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

I would say I vastly prefer the Pro Controller, as I find the small triggers on the joy-cons a bit awkward. But yeah absolutely not necessary

Switched from the Aerospray to the N-Zap and now I can actually kill people not too bad. Get 5+ kills a match every game in every Turf War game now, which was far from a cert before, and usually have the most kills on less good teams. Is this a good weapon to take into Ranked too, if I'm used to that class of weapon, or should I try for something with a bit more power and/or range?

Aerospray is really not that good in Ranked. N-Zap is pretty much a better version of it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, I was asking if N-Zap was good for Ranked, not Aerospray, I know that would be godawful lmao

Oh, yeah. I was trying to say N-Zap is good in ranked if you want to use something like the Aerospray there. Kills matter far more, and the N-Zap is good at snagging them while providing ink coverage. Ink Armor also has a lot more situations it can be useful in compared to the Curling Bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

"There haven't been many players for some time now, so the Rank Meter will not change."

The rank meter cracks anyway. :raise: