Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nalin posted:

According to this there is exclusive gear you can only buy from the smartphone app.

They touched on this on the tumblr earlier

quote:

It looks like the gear available in the SplatNet Gear Shop can have a different main ability attached than those purchased at the Galleria in Inkopolis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You need to level up first

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Frankston posted:

Ok, thanks. So it's worth buying whatever is available at the time?

I don't know if I'd go around buying out entire inventories early on but you should absolutely pick up whatever you think looks fresh and experiment with different main abilities.

As you level up stores will begin to stock more expensive gear that has more ability slots. You can always drop some super sea snails to get more slots on a lower-tier piece of gear, though.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I can't wait to be reunited with my true love, the slosher

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I actually really liked the nozzlenoses, are they back?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ohhhhhh really?

The Bloop posted:

I don't know. I'm honestly asking. I feel confident I read that here but some goon might have been being an idiot.

I was that idiot goon. According to the official Tumblr, the ability doubler main is only available on the splatfest tee.

Also stealth jumps are still visible to nearby enemy squidkids, according to the ability descriptions in the Splatfest testfire.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 21, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
As the matchmaking system gets more data you should see more balanced matches. It's still loving Friday, there's a lot of Splatoon 1 people out there who haven't played a single match yet.

Splatoon 1 was extremely good for people who didn't take it seriously and there's no reason I've seen Splatoon 2 won't be.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
A few updates from the official Tumblr:

The current frequency of salmon runs is higher than it normally will be

quote:

We’ve received word that for the first three days after the launch of Splatoon 2 on Friday, July 21st, a MASSIVE number of Salmonids will be migrating toward Inkopolis. This means that the frequency of Grizzco’s part-time job offers will be increased.

The Stingray special weapon is gonna get an update improving mobility and allowing users to enter squid form

quote:

In the Splatfest World Premiere demo, using the Sting Ray severely limited your mobility, but its mobility is being improved through an update to the game. With the new-and-improved Sting Ray, players will be able to suspend their attack by entering squid form, allowing them to reposition themselves before resuming their assault. This enables players to retreat at a moment’s notice, or find a better vantage point.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Americans: it's real
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/888498175379554306

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dick Boat posted:

Team Mustard

:confused:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hate the single player level where you have to ride on the big zamboni so much

It's a pain in the rear end getting it where you want it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Manky posted:

It's also in the app :)

I wish it had the full schedule, so far I've only seen that panel when the run is actually active.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

jetpackhewy posted:

Are times normally like this? I just woke up and it'll be closed by the time I get back from work. :(

We don't know. They gave us more frequent runs for the three days after launch. Monday was the first day of a normal run density.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

well why not posted:

how do the tickets work? If I eat one and then log off, is the effect carried over?

i like the game but there's a lot of mechanics which are not explained very well

Tickets last 20 rounds, you're safe. You'll see the bonus counter in the same HUD element that keeps track of your money and snails.

There is a lot that this game doesn't tell you.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Pretty sure you gotta play some turf war before the app will recognize you

Get fresh, my friend

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

jetpackhewy posted:

I understand the Switch app is not all that great, it may have sync issues, but it says that I only cleared up to Sector 2 of singleplayer when I have actually beaten all levels and collected all scrolls and sardinium. This is opposed to my multiplayer stats which appear to be properly synced.
It's a rather insignificant thing, but is anyone else having this issue?

It took a while to realize I had beaten Octo Valley but it eventually updated. Multiplayer matches still
pop up about as quickly as they end, I can start browsing stats even before Judd and Lil' Judd finish their animations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, ink armor is definitely something you try to pop a second before engaging someone. If they're already on top of you you're probably too late.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TFRazorsaw posted:

Look

I am very committed to aesthetic.

Yeah the Hero Shot Replica is literally the vanilla Splattershot loadout but also it looks fresh as hell.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Speaking of aesthetic I hope they do a Japanese-rear end oil-paper Brella at some point

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zelder posted:

But don't do anything they stresses you out, videogames should be fun

:yeah:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

bowmore posted:

where do I go to break down gear into ability chunks?

There's a little sea urchin dude sitting on a bench on the right side of the multiplayer tower. Talk to him if you're fresh enough.

There's a little marker over his location if you open the menu.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Fungah! posted:

this. ps thsi game loving rules and its all i can think about at work, on the train, in public, etc

im thinkin about those squid

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I really just need to go ahead and get all the abilities tattooed on my forearm so I have a handy reference when I'm browsing gear on the phone app

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

spit on my clit posted:

I dunno what I expected the Hero Dualies to be, but at least i can look cooler in turf war

It's just the vanilla Dualies loadout, right?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Ink armor recharges your ink?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is there a better way to share good Splatoon 2 posts? I've just been taking screenshots.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The vertical flick has pretty crazy range

Don't try to roll fools with the carbon roller

The horizontal flick is the way to murder anyone who knows you're there, rolling is best if you're being a proper ninja.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You can join on a friend who's playing turf war but you're not guranteed to be on the same side. Use discord or something if you wanna chat.

The online lobby thing that integrates with the phone app kind of blows and can only be used for custom matches and salmon runs.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The N-Zapper is the best newbie weapon imho. Fantastic ink coverage, good ink efficiency, great sub and special, no gimmicks.

The Splattershot Jr is friggin fantastic though.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 28, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lakbay posted:

Once you hit B ranks the Aerosprays become N-Zappers (at least that's how it was last night)

Eventually people gotta figure out that the Aerospray kind of blows in ranked

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm a squid now, I'm a kid now

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Had my first Mothership today after reaching Overachiever, it's a really fun event! Does it always happen at high tide?

Still haven't seen the gusher event yet. I hate the .96 Gal in Salmon Run.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

pokeyman posted:

What specials were op in 1? A well-aimed close range inkzooka was a ohko I guess, but they were rarely well-aimed. Kraken is easy enough to get away from, falls through grates, can be pushed around, and if the eliter's head is glowing with a ready kraken you could just... not jump right on top of them?

Kraken, bubbler, and inkzooka are "gently caress you" panic buttons with little counterplay. Like, it doesn't matter how advantageous your position is, as long as that Eliter's got glowing hair, you're gonna be ducking and dodging an invincible squid until it burns out. It's not great design.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Atoramos posted:

nope, that was a bug that they patched (and reverted all clothes)

I don't know how people are still confused about this, most everything Annie sells has a nonstandard main ability, you could check this at any time!

The issue was with mains showing up on clothing types that they shouldn't. Ninja Squid should only appear on chests, but it was popping up on footwear and headgear. Stealth Jump is exclusive to footwear, but it was appearing on headgear and chests. It's important because the developers clearly want you to have to make a choice on these abilities: you can only ever take Drop Roller OR Stealth Jump, they're both exclusive to footwear.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

rogue wave posted:

Wait, is this literally the splatnet app, or is there a different one too? You are blowing my mind. Also, SR is confirmed back in the US as well. It's live until 7 am tomorrow.

The Nintendo Switch Online app literally is Splatnet 2

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The next hot meme to hit Splatoon's plaza posts is Crash Bandicoot you heard it here first

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Oh god Mr. Grizz why'd you promote me to Profreshional how did this happen I'm not terrifically good at this game

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rexroom posted:

Tomorrow. Comes with curling bomb and splashdown.

What's the trade-off of the Sploosh-o-matic relative to other Splatoon 2 weapons? A shorter range, higher damage Aerospray? As much as I used the Splash-o-matic in Splatoon 1 I never really touched the Sploosh

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
When that happens I try to take a quick break and swap weapons to reset my headspace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Astro7x posted:

Is there some sort of unlockable for collecting al the stuff in octo canyon? My googling couldn't find anything

Collecting all the sunken scrolls gets you all the sunken scrolls. I hope you like lore!

Anchovium or whatever is just an upgrade material. You might want it all if you are gonna go through and unlock all the hero replica weapons for battling, might as well make it easier and upgrade all the weapons so you can blaze through the levels a bit faster. If you're just interested in getting the story and maybe the Hero Shot Replica then you shouldn't spend too much time hunting them down.