Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You can make a case for speeding up the rotation (which they did) but gating things at certain times and having a rotation was a good thing in Splatoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am just going to wear earbuds plugged into my phone with headphones plugged into my Switch, that should be fine right
:yeah: maybe

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

No, only if you want to talk to goons while you play.

I plan on spamming "booyah!"

I mostly want to talk to non goon friends I really have IRL that are real

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

JetpackHowwy posted:

Couldn't you use this with discord? I thought the dongle just took two audio streams to output as one.

yeah that's it!

along with some fresh looking headphones

:yeah:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Cheeto posted:

I've been thinking, maybe Callie is the better Squid Sister

:oh:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wow did you notice Callie and Marie were never in agreement about the splatfest theme? It's almost like they were just doing their job and not really giving their personal opinion!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If the amiibo is very ugly, I will split my 2 pack with a goon who wants ugly pearl.

It will probably be fresh as hell and I will keep them both.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fetus posted:

Amiibo are always ugly.

:wrong:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

Can't say I noticed anything while demoing or playing the test fire. Some people are just nerds

I'm a total nerd and this stuff is just ridiculous.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yes, but also

Roller: flick on ground vs flick while jumping changes the direction of the flick from horizontal to vertical.

For dualies: there is a buttan. use buttan.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yodzilla posted:

Everyone knows girls are incapable of wearing a mechanic's jumpsuit without they tits hangin' out.

Well actually Gadget Hackwrench wore hers properly and she totally didn't affect any young developing minds in disturbing ways.....

...none at all...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah this isn't a case of the system not being able to handle it or any technical issues like that, even the original Splatoon's local two-player mode (which was it's own weird thing) used the TV and the gamepad as separate screens rather than doing split-screen. That's got to be more taxing on the hardware than a split-screen mode would have been, I'm sure. It's absolutely a design thing, too much compromise to playability for it to be usable.

The switch dock really should have 2 HDMI outs so me and a friend could play Splatoon 2 on two side by side 60" plasma TVs without having to spend a fraction of the price of those TVs buying a second system and game like a god drat chump.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think I will occasionally make a new profile and use it to utterly obliterate n00bs for a couple hours and then delete it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wendell posted:

But that's a hella rude thing to do.

No it's not. They need to learn to get gud. They will be forged in the fires of being splatted repeatedly. They will learn ways to be splatted they did not know existed, and they will internalize this knowledge rise above their peers. Their rank and skill level will improve faster because of my tough love.

Or they won't and they'll just get owned and not learn from it at all idk

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah crafting the perfect set of gear seems like it will be much, much easier than in 1.

murch, murch easier.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wendell posted:

Yeah, you're rude. I don't like that.

I'm very not rude in life but on the splattlefield all is war.

I still don't seabag though because that's a low class move.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

If you're on different sides of the splatfest, are you really even friends?

I am on Team Dog in all splatfests forever.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

If a person is on team cat are they really even a person

I'm going to back off agreeing with the fascist avatar paraphrasing Eric Trump and just say that I am extremely a Dog Person.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Boonie Hat was for unfresh tryhards in Splat 1

Amiibo armor was also a sign of a stale goober

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am very excited about splatfest and Splatoon 2

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kirios posted:

Hopefully you're better at Splatoon than you are at Mario Kart!

Whoo sick burn

:glomp:

I still love you (I won a fair few but I probably played more Splatoon than every MarioKart combined and I have every one that wasn't on a portable)*

*this doesn't mean I'm better necessarily

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

And remember, STAY FAAAASH!

:catstare:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

I swear to god I'm not an avatar gimmick

edit: maybe I subconsciously made an "avatar" joke but I didn't realize it till after I posted :v:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be letting a few of my Switchless friends try out splatoon during this 'fest so I wouldn't be a good teammate this go-around, but during the real splatfests I am down

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

enojy posted:

The first testfire used about 150MB an hour. Seems alright to me, and I've only got about 3.5GB a month with rollover, 2GB without. Not something I'd do every day, though.

I'll add to that that I'm limited to about 5.5meg d/l speed and less than one meg up where I am right now and I'm having zero problem connecting and no lag - and that's an American crashing the EU splatfest

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pierson posted:

I see what you all were talking about earlier about sometimes not even needing to engage because I'm 100% sure I've won matches when I just checked our own backyard and filled in some gaps for a 2% win.

Leaving backspace gaps is a rookie mistake.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wish I could remap buttons or just remap my muscle memory because after 300 hours of BotW I'm pressing to bring up the map instead of to jump and it is just loving killing me.

Gotta get my splat memory back so I can suck at zelda again I guess

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Afro posted:

literall all of the buttons do something to the music while waiting for the match to start

*presses home button*

*is not disappointed*

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EVGA Longoria posted:

Don't believe the motion control propaganda, you'll do just fine with the stick alone, with a bonus of not getting carpal tunnel from waggling like an idiot to shoot someone

I mean do what you want but holy poo poo :laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just quadkilled a team while they were traveling an inkline together

Ink Line travel is not safe!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jarogue posted:

So how was everyone Splatfest? Couldn't make it because of work. Shame too since this is the first Splatfest I missed but at least my Ice Cream Team was able to win without me.

Really got me pumped to play for real and earn some ranks so the drat shopkeepers will know how fresh I am

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I find something genuinely cute about players who you can tell just found the roll button.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Christ

I think the biggest problem with playable octolings is that we might end up seeing mostly them and it won't feel like Splatoon any more. Might just be a fad, though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They're going to lock playable Octolings behind Octoling amiibo, believe it.

I am super OK with this as long as they print more than like ten of them

It's exactly what amiibo are good for - desirable cosmetic content for your home and game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceDrake posted:

One of the scrolls in Splat1 shows DJ Octavio in humanoid form, though. :eng101: It's kind of unclear what's going on with the non-Octoling Octarians, though IIRC the art book in Japan (of course) insinuates that they're deliberately-severed tentacles done so to create troops, since octopus arms grow back and are somewhat intelligent on their own because celaphopod nervous systems are actually Lovecraftian irl?

Horrifyingly awesome

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spacebump posted:

How are you supposed to use the Splatoon headset if you have the console docked? Just not use the game audio cord?

Why are you sitting more than two feet from your TV you McMansion owning Rich gently caress?

(use an extension cord I guess)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

splatoon 2 fake news

Callie did squid/11

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can't prove it, but Pearl is a plant by the inkluminati and Marina is there to distract scrutiny with her Octoling wiles.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Jetted Ink can't coat eel breams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ostentatious posted:

of what ive played of splatoon 2 its basically my swcond favorite game of the year behind pubg

See even with all the hype, Penis Under Big Gut just doesn't appeal to me.

Ok fine I'll actually try to look up whatever you're talking about.