Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How do the bonuses in Salmon Run work? I got this green thing that had a speed bonus 4x. What do I do with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So do all Salmon Run players get these same bonuses/points/whatever, regardless of performance?

I guess I don't really understand the point of this mode other than to have fun. It looks like I can unlock some new gear but that will take forever

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Internet Kraken posted:

But unlocking the bonuses isn't that hard. It looks bad at the start but as you reach higher ranks you get way more points. So if you're actually good at it you can unlock stuff pretty quickly. I played for aboutt an hour and a half this morning and almost filled out my entire rewards card.

Okay, that's what I was looking for. It just seemed like it was a LOOOONG grind to get some near gear.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What is a freshness bonus?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is there some sort of guide to how to unlock all the Amiibo costumes? What I am reading online is not what I am getting when scanning

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nephzinho posted:

I think you have to be level 10 to unlock all costumes? maybe less.

Yeah, I can't find definitive answers.

All I've heard is that it is based off games played, and you have to go back and rescan the amiibo. So you are better off scanning earlier to unlock everything.

It's very confusing and the game doesn't make it clear. Like if I didn't know any better I would have just thought I got the one armor piece and that's it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Maybe I am alone here, but I disabled motion controls and had a lot of success last night.

I was using the Tentatek Splattershot, and pretty much not messing with the Y axis and just turning left and right. I felt like my problem was that I was aiming towards the ground so often and struggling to readjust to hit enemies. By not moving the Y axis I was already at the right height to hit other players.

I went from getting 700p to getting 1,800-2,000p per match.

I think it helps that the special for that gun also lets you spray a ton of ink, so I wasn't even trying to hit people with it. Run out of ink, activate the special, ink some turf, and fall back down with a full tank of ink.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I am late to figuring this out.... but you seriously can't get into a group of 2/3/4 or however many people and just play Turf Wars with voice chat with 4 randoms online? Like I want to play with a friend online, but if it's just me and them, all we can do is go online and play a match against each other 1 on 1 and therefore not even be able to talk to each other becaue we are on different teams?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Coming back from behind to win in Tower Control overtime is one of the greatest moments in gaming ever. Just saying.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why did they get rid of Squid Jump in the waiting room...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I thought we were supposed to be able to change our weapons between matches in Splatoon 2? What happened to that?

And why did they get rid of Squid Jump?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

In Training posted:

I decided to try and actually use the aerospray to do some cool down matches and had to switch off immediately because it felt like cheating

they should change these weapons...but I'll succumb to the dark side all day Saturday to defend mayonnaise

That felt like cheating? I can easily get 2200-2400p with the Aerospray. But I'm also getting 2000p with some of the other guns.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is there some sort of unlockable for collecting al the stuff in octo canyon? My googling couldn't find anything

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is team battle the only way to play with friends or can they just select to join me in solo play?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So do you need a team of 4 for the team play?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Where did the one guy go to scrub your gear?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Definitely. Really not getting why people hate it.

People posted that they hated it 2 minutes into the splatfest

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Ended the night with an 83% win rate for Team Ketchup.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Try-Slosher is a beast and getting me kill counts in the teens consistently, making the game more fun but I am inking a lot less turf as a result. Aerosprayer MG is getting me slaughtered but I am getting 2400-2500p per game with it. So the games are less fun because of the deaths but I'm actually getting a lot more XP and winning matches.

Ugh.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Ledgem posted:

I need help with terf war. I've managed to get to b- and still climbing in the ranked modes and feel I understand how they work or at least how to improve. With terf war I'm always dead last and the only time we win is when the other team is filled with bad players or they have a leaver. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong; I ink everywhere I can but it's almost always just a flat loss by 10+. Grinding up to queen has had my switch battery get low twice now and I still have another 25 points to get.

In ranked I usually brush but that doesn't seem to be anywhere as useful in terf war so I tried the tri slosher everyone says is OP but I can barely hit anyone with it.

I do not like the tri-slosher in turf wars. It's very good at splatting others with out needing great aim and using minimal hits. I think the aerosprayer MG is great at just covering ground quickly.

Some levels are different than others. Like on the Towers I find that if I break through to the opponents side and ink their turf we have it won. It's too hard to take it back and too linear to catch up with someone that made a break

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How the hell do I ink 1761p (a new record) and still lose with 27% coverage?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just realized realized your team power plays into how many points you get for winning

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Also, took me exactly 4 hours to become King ranked

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Tales of Woe posted:

the left stick pitchshifter right stick lowpass filter is a pretty genius thing to have in waiting screens

I'd rather take Squid Jump over that any day

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Martytoof posted:

I wonder if you can get King ranked by losing every match.

Because that's literally my only hope at this rate.

If it takes 5 mintues to play a game, 2 points per game, 184 XP to get to King... 7hrs 40 minutes to reach it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I know it's fun to pick a side and all, but at what point can we just randomly assign people to a team so we can actually play the team games more often? I felt like 20% of my games were against Mayo, and that makes sense seeing the popular vote.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Let's be real, these results were in the cointoss zone. There's no way a handful of Twitch streams gave you enough finely-tuned data to predict a 52/48 win.

Seriously.

The last 3 Splatfests on the Wii U had a 1% difference, and the solo games on the Splatoon 2 demo had a 1% difference.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Playing this online with friends has been kind of a disaster

Ok there are 4 of us, let's get in a room for team splatfest

Wait one can't join. Oh you picked mayonnaise. Ok I guess we can't play with you

Ok there are 3 of us

Wait I guess you can't join splatfest as a group of 3? Uhh ok

Try joining each other's games in progress? Wait this doesn't work what

Yes, this was a huge disappointment. I couldn't get a group of 4 together to try it, and I couldn't join my friend with solo play. I guess the don't want people getting the advantage doing voice chat outside of the app?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Oh I am not calling it any kind of calculable result, Im just amazed based off general hearsay that Ketchup didn't get completely loving annihilated.

Everyone I played with, watched, and spoke to (on both teams) reported back 'gently caress me mayo is unstoppable'

But in the thread we had people playing Ketchup vs Ketchup matches saying "the team I faced was horrible, Ketchup is going to lose" and "the Ketchup team I faced was really good, Ketchup is going to win"

Those two posters could have been playing against each other in the same match and came to their own conclusion

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why is Splatoon 2 in game withholding stats that they display in the App?

Just noticed that on the Splatfest the App shows how much ink each person put down, as well as how many time each person got splatted.

Why remove this stuff from the stat screen at the end?

I also see that under splats there is a number in parenthesis So it will say x9(1) or whatever. What does that second number mean, assists?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Internet Kraken posted:

You'd think it would be people you splat cause otherwise its useless.

I always considered that ability a risk/reward type deal for those that are really good at the scope or something

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah I recall it was stated the new Pikmin was almost done even before the Switch released. I'm expecting its being held back so Nintendo can keep doing this "one awesome game" a month thing which so far has been amazing

Probably was the good move releasing Arms when they did. I immediately bought it up because it was the first original game out for the Switch that seemed interesting. Now I'm like gently caress that game, gimme Splatoon 2

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just has my personal best game ever . 2705p with the bonus

All due to other team stupidity. I had free range of their entire side of the map and inked it all up in the first half of the game, and then by the time they realized and started covering it all back up, I took over all the turf that they did the first time around. Minimal Splats/Kills, but it felt like an empty map with free range

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Decided to fire up the Wii U to play the original splatoon and see what level I ranked up to at the end.

I made the mistake of talking to Sheldon and was greeted with like 30 unskipable messages about new weapons

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Loving this new map. Though it is kind of difficult to get to the enemy's spawn point. But once you are there you can cause some serious damage while holding the other team on their platform to distract them.

Well... at least until others learn how to stop me

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
what the gently caress... I plan to get a couple solid hours of this game in tonight after being constantly busy, and then server maintenance.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Shifty station is good.

And are the teams evenly matched this time? Have yet to play Flight vs Flight in 45 minutes.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

WHY BONER NOW posted:

God drat it, I find a team of high level players to carry me to king, but then I disconnect. :(

Doesn't it's change every round with new players?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The new Shifty Station is awful. The narrow corridors and raised platforms in the middle means that whoever gets there first can just consistently lock the other side out.

Narrow corridors? Are we playing the same map? That stage is wide open as it gets.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeaaah, no. Once the middle section raises up, along with the tall dividing walls, it's all narrow corridors with raised areas overlooking them for sniping fun. Even just taking one of the middle rises means you can hold an entire side the map yourself with a good ink-shooter (and oh look; they released a new Splattershot Pro that everyone's gonna be itching to try just in time...).

during the two hours that I played tonight, nobody ever held half the map by being up on a tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Doesn't it take 4 hours or so to get to King/Queen?