Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Bill Barber posted:

The PS4 port's controller support is bad and I doubt they'll change it now. The game was designed around kb/mouse. I mean it's still a great game on the surface but it's meant to be played on a PC.

I played about 70 hours of it on PC with a 360 controller and it was totally fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-multiplayer-news/

Stardew Multiplayer isn't expected until 2018, so I guess that means they're not waiting on that to be finished for the Switch release.

(when???)

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

GreenNight posted:

Anyone play this? On the eShop as of today.

http://www.kingdomthegame.com/

$15.

Didn't know about this, but it has great reviews on Steam.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Golf Story will be out at 9AM EST!

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Anyone else find it weird that Wario and Mario are never in the same game outside of party stuff

Super Mario Land 2!

Edit: Drat!

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Holy hell titan quest switch would be awesome, I played the hell out of that after I got tired of Diablo II and was waiting for Diablo III to come out.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think I might like it a lot more than Stardew, which is too obtuse and too slow.

Harvest Moon hasn’t been the ‘true’ harvest moon since around 2013 due to some licensing/publishing changes. I wouldn’t support the junk Natsume churns out.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Bad Parenting posted:

What exclusives are coming out for the switch this year? I have Bayonetta 1+2 pre-ordered

Probably a bunch more to be announced for this year.

I’m placing my bets on a late Feb direct to at least address the my Nintendo rewards for switch and possibly some online services / game news.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

FPzero posted:

I bought D3 on launch for PC, played it a bit, felt disappointed and didn't return. Years later everyone says that it's so much better these days after they revamped a lot of stuff and that in some ways the console versions are better than the PC one. I'd give D3 a shot on Switch if it runs ok and see what I've missed out on for years.

Same, I got out before they fixed the drop rates and removed the auction house. Very disappointed coming from Diablo 2 where I spent way too much time doing loot runs. I would buy poo poo out of it on Switch.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

^^^
(With the cartridge inserted you go to the game options from the home screen and select redeem points.)

I had a free Gamefly trial for two months, while I was renting Switch games I redeemed each one for the gold points before I returned them.

I was rewarded handsomely with about 0.18 for my troubles!

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Are there any good strategy games on the Switch yet? Anything between Civ and Tactics Ogre on the strategy game scale.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

The real truth is that all Sonic games are bad. Even the good ones.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

A UK retailer just leaked that Deathwatch is coming to Switch!

Is this the Warhammer game? Google seems to tell me this is a mobile port.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

oh sorry, i didn't mean to post the cropped version

Christ I got excited that Fallout was announced for the Switch. Who the hell asked for pinball!

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Andrast posted:

I'd rather have pinball than fallout 4

Fallout 4 isn't great but any Fallout I can play laying down in bed is a good fallout.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Andrast posted:

And a ton of 3DSes didn't even get banned. Mine certainly never did.

Mine got banned but it is also relatively simple to get yourself unbanned. 3DS security is fuuucked.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

is there anything besides SNES/GBA/Genesis games that would even run well on a Switch after it goes through this bizarre hardware hack? I can't imagine how things like the godawful N64 emulator or even beyond would work out on it. Literally all my virtual console wishes boil down to snes/gba poo poo like the WiiU had, and hey maybe some poo poo like Ogre Battle 64.

It’s effectively an Nvidia Shield, so it can run a lot. They have footage of Dolphin running Wind Waker on it.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/ducktastic/status/991300477957664768

With the incoming closure of Miitomo, there's going to be a standalone web-based Mii editor later this month.

And this lines up with the announcement that they will have online service-related news in early May.

IT'S HAPPENING.GIF

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I would probably enjoy Switch Minecraft if it didn't have such a small world size. I haven't actually played it but it sound so small.

Good news, the Bedrock Edition comes out on the Switch June 21st.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Lock thread until next direct

So what, 3 days from now?

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Galaxy Brain: Bring Arma 2 and the wasteland/dayz mod to Switch.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

I need a Civ game on Switch! I don't want to buy a newer ipad just to play on the go :(

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

A quick google search shows that the game has a bunch of bugs causing random crashing so you're probably boned and should either get a refund or put it down for a while and hope they patch it.

Yeah there’s good a reason he got that advice. Or wait for a Story of Seasons game.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

You guys were asking for more Wii U ports. So now this, uh, thing, is coming to the eshop later this month

Isn’t this the game that was initially pulled from Steam after one of the devs threatened to kill Gaben?

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Here's a new complaint: In the past couple weeks I bought Fe and Crash. Both are single-player games with no multiplayer component to my knowledge. Not even leaderboards. Yet both games make you agree to an EULA, and if you don't, you can't play the game. I think DOOM also has an EULA, but that game at least has a multiplayer component.

I'm sure this has been a PC thing forever, but it's annoying. If I'm paying retail price for a game then I should be able to use it in a non-online capacity without having to agree to anything.

I mean, I don't really have a problem blindly clicking through them like everyone else. But I don't like the idea of this becoming normal and pervasive. To the extent that Nintendo has any consumer friendly policies (no, they're not your friend) this is one thing I with they'd push back on.

This is a weird thing to get mad about in TYOOL 2018

Are you Richard Stallman

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Apparently during Kimishima’s last meeting as Nintendo president, he announced that more fall 2018 Switch games will be announced soon and what they showed at E3 wasn’t all they had for the year.

3D World port please.:pray:

If you look at their Direct history, they usually have one in the month or two after E3. I expect one by the end of July, probably one in August (or early Sept) to go over the online service.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

Here is a question...

I would like to plan an RPG game, but I don’t know enough about them to narrow it down. I’ve played all of two... of Paper Mario’s 1000 Year Door counts as one, and FF4 (which I think I got through 70 percent of before)...well and I guess Pokémon...

There are a bunch on Switch.
Is there a recommended one that is fun, but also somewhat easy?

A basic beginner I would enjoy, but my seven year old could also play and enjoy as well?

Octopath Traveller is coming out in less than a week. Styled similarly to old school Square RPGs. There’s a 3 hour demo on the eshop, that’s probably your best bet currently!

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

You got some peeling or air in the top right corner buddy.

That's definitely glare.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

gmq posted:

Why are you all touching your Switch's screen?

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

I've heard about Golf Story but it has middling reviews.

Also it sounds dumb that the characters say you are always bad at golf regardless of your performance.

Golf Story is great. Also that's intentional for comedic effect as opposed to something like Skyrim, where everyone talks to you like you're a dirt covered hobo despite trotting around in daedric armor, having just crushed all the guild questlines.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

What time is it? Time for some new Direct rumors!

https://reddit.app.link/VaYx3b3pwO

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Okay bit the bullet and ordered a refurbished Switch through Nintendo's website.

I want to get DKC:TF.

Is this legit?

The seller looks like they have over 100,000 reviews, so probably.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

I was supposed to get Octopath today but UPS hosed up the delivery and now it says estimated delivery between July 13-16!!!! wHaT tHe gently caress gUyS

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://smile.amazon.com/Samsung-Mi...es%2A=0&ie=UTF8

I hear this is the best microsd for the Switch. Correct? The sandisk is cheaper but people seem to like the Samsung more.

As long as the card is Class 10 it should not matter.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Worked for me

$20 for $10 yupyup

Just tried here and it said they were all claimed.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Yeah where the hell is legend of heroes on the Switch?

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

But that’s not the date format NOA uses. I’m thinking glitch.

Yeah I googled from my phone and it says “in 3 days” but the link leads to the March direct page. Booooo this man!

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

KingSlime posted:

Those of you who wrapped up octo or are still playing it, how's it holding up? The itch to snag it isn't going away, but I'm afraid I'll play for ten to fifteen hours before never touching it again.

I do like jrpgs though. Is the difficulty curve good and satisfying from beginning to end?

I'm at like 27 hours and I'm about to start everyone's 3rd chapter. It's good.

I really like that the chapters are pretty straightforward and aren't total slogs to get through. Same with the dungeons, there's enough loot to go through but it's not like you have to go totally out of your way and backtrack to get to it before continuing on.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I wonder when they’re gonna announce details or a direct for the upcoming switch to paid online. Or maybe they’re gonna quietly push it back again because we haven’t heard jack poo poo about it despite it supposedly starting up in a month

There's been a couple game dev's saying the same sort of 'info available soon' line with their games (Towerfall, Morphie's Law, Darksouls [lol]) so I would be very surprised if we did not have a Direct of some sort before the launch date.

At the very least they need would need to push out an update that would add in the ability to, I don't know, pay for and assign the online sub to your account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Battle Royale only exists because the developers of DayZ were morons who didn't know how to design a game that makes players not want to shoot each other right away, so modders designed a game around DayZ's failed mechanics.

I think Wasteland was around for a bit before DayZ, though later 3rd party DayZ mods incorporated pretty much all the other features that Wasteland had.

The other day I got real nostalgic for the tons of time I spend playing that with friends in 2012 and decided to fire up DayZ standalone to see how it had progressed.

:tif:

• Locked thread