Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Anyone figure out how to play Minecraft locally without split screen?

You mean locally as in one player per switch on several switches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Zelder posted:

Yes. It's tough but incredibly easy to beat if you need help (it gives you the ability to lower damage taken, knockback taken, not die instantly from spikes, etc) thanks to the mod buster mechanic

I just maxed out damage reduction, homing shots, and jump-dashing and coasted through every level with no problem.

One thing is that each boss is weak to a certain element, but it is not logical which element works on which boss. So just look up a cheat list or you'll get really frustrated.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Mister Facetious posted:

I could really go for maple pecan ice cream now.

WTF, its maple walnut you heathen

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Look, while this app is obviously a poor implementation, but a lot of the criticisms about it are just completely incorrect. You available don't need any dongle unless you have to have game and voice audio both through your headphones.

The use case Nintendo likely imagined was Person A sits on couch, plays game, puts in earbuds connected to phone. Hears game through television speaker and chat through earbuds. As long as you're not wearing noise cancelling headphones there's no issue. This is the same as the experience I had on 360 except my headset was plugged into the controller.

The whole combining audio sources really becomes an issue in handheld mode if you want your system quiet. That is undoubtedly a complicated setup.

But in most circumstances it's not really complicated or the least bit confusing. It's just less desirable than having the console itself handle it.

But if you need your system quiet, you're probably not going to be in voice chat, since your loud goony voice would be cracking ear drums all around you anyway. Right?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
The app is Perfect for the SWITCH

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

raditts posted:

C'mon dude this comparison is loving silly

I regularly haul out my Soundblaster; how else am I supposed to play Hellbender???

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why does she even exist? Dixie should have been in DK64 instead of this new Kong with the exact same powers.

Ah, Miyamoto corrects, but Dixie cannot shrink, we had to create a new character.

Miyamoto, with all due respect, this tiny Kong can't shrink either until she learns the move. Anyone could theoretically learn that move from Cranky Kong and don't even try to pretend either. And while I'm at it, me Miyamoto, revered creator of Donkey Kong, why is Chunky Kong not Kiddy Kong? People don't like Kiddy? Well they don't like Tingle either, people are wrong. And finally Mr Miyamoto, why are there beetles crawling out of your skin? That's not your skin? That's a trash bag? You're not Mr Miyamoto, you're a garbage can? This isn't a bullet train to Kyoto, this is my car? I'm going 105 miles per hour? Shut up Mr Miyamoto I'm trying to post

Same

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

raditts posted:

Has anyone tried these things? Do they make the joycons any more comfortable to use?
https://www.amazon.com/FastSnail-Jo...o%2Bswitch&th=1

I have these, yeah I bust them out for multiplayer. Definetely worth it. They feel good. The only downside is that it only works to press the inside half of the triggers (towards the center of the controller). Pushing along the outside edge doesn't work. But once you tell your dumb friends that, they get it.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Tatsuta Age posted:

Super Mario world when

Super Mario world then (25 years ago)

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Sakurazuka posted:

Overcucked heh

Don't dox me

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Pretty interesting how in the first few weeks of life, there were endless complaints and reports of new flaws in the Switch design almost daily.

Yet like a month after launch, and after the high sales figures were released, almost all of the complaints mysteriously vanished.

The bullshit / extreme rare: Dock scratching the screen, the JoyCon straps "breaking" the JoyCon when inserted backwards, the dock overheating the switch and bending it. The kickstand not working.

The Clumsy: bending the rail on the JoyCon after dropping the system

The real: Poor range on left JoyCon. Easy fix. Poor networking - seemed to be completely fixed after an update. Kickstand blocks charging port, but I haven't heard recent complaints about this.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

irlZaphod posted:

Vita has good games like...uhhhhh.... Persona 4...and....Persona 4...Dancing All Night

And sex boobs sexy boob boob all night

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

This is what Trump has wrought.

A conservative universe?

NO MORE!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Kaubocks posted:

Severed is coming to the Switch. You guys like Severed, right? I do.

Not sure how good it'll be to play on a Switch but the game is dope.

Severed is perfect for the switch.

At least in touch screen mode. Will it even be playable with joycons?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Star Doo
Soon!!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sure, and that's really all you need for ages health-wise. The full three rings of stamina is far more valuable than maxxed hearts considering you can just carry stacks of meat in your pants to heal with.

You can also carry stacks of stamina food just as easily.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Beastie posted:

BotW made me feel like a kid again for two weeks and for that it gets goty.

Seriously, I've played a lot of games this year and many of them are really good. But you can't match the power of a game that made you feel like a 10 year old .

Back when I wasn't so jaded and didn't have student loans. It completely took me out of my 9-5 life.

Absolutely this. If you let yourself be taken in to the world, it really takes you in. I forced myself to avoid all spoilers and hints except asking for help from friends, and the game was just exceptional. Possible GOAT

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

RZA Encryption posted:

I was surprised and delighted to find out that RBI Baseball 17 will be a physical release.

But won't it suck?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Bill Barber posted:

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball was the last good baseball game.

There needs to be more arcade style baseball games available.

MLB the show is legit an amazing franchise for baseball fans. It's near perfect.

The new Super Mega Baseball is a great arcadey game that is actually available on non-sony systems. Although I don't know if SMB2 is coming out for Switch. Hopefully they will port it.

Old baseball games generally sucked rear end and are propped up due to nostalgia.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Fly with me posted:

Guys, Stardew Valley isn't coming until the week after Thanksgiving.
Sorry.

No

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
I submit to you that the princess is the real monster, as she constantly teases Mario without putting out, and furthermore

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Holy poo poo $30 for RBI baseball? Aren't they $10 on mobile?

Edit- released for $20 on consoles, is available for $5 on mobile.

Drunk Tomato fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 31, 2017

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Phantasium posted:

Nope, $5.

Welcome to what they've been doing with console RBI Baseball since they reintroduced them in 2014.

I bought the first one from hype, probably played ten minutes and shut it off forever.

Seriously these games are horrible cash-in attempts from MLB and not worth your time or money.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Evil Fluffy posted:

I might have to impulse buy this if it's in the $10-20 range.

$60

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Evil Fluffy posted:

Welp so much for that.

Sorry, I'm not saying that's confirmed how much it will cost. I'm just being a little pessimistic...

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Kaubocks posted:

i can't wait for the reveal of a switch port of the arcade Theatrhythm and a brand new Kid Icarus Uprising

then like 30 seconds of odyssey to round out the rest of the direct

Nah it's gonna be Overwatch, as Has Been Foretold In Legends

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

zimbomonkey posted:

Am I the only person whose most anticipated title is nba 2k18? I don't even normally play nba games but a full featured portable sports game sounds kind of unreal.

My probably most played game ever is MLB The Show on Vita, and that's almost as full featured as the console version. And yeah, it's a game changer.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
The thing about realistic sports games is that if you want to play them realisitcally, you have to be prepared to lose a bunch. I think gamers aren't really used to that so it can seem pretty frustrating. Even in racing games, you're probably winning a majority of a time.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

japtor posted:

I think for me a good chunk of frustration might have to do all the teammates that are out of your direct control. With Madden they predictably follow the plays you pick so I guess that's why I'm fine with it...and soccer and hockey might as well be chaos to me so the sim games aren't that much different for me :v:. Meanwhile I play and understand basketball and trying to run something resembling an actual offense just doesn't translate to video game format for me.

Baseball superiority! There's usually only one person moving on each team at a time. No need to rely on teammates, everyone just holds down their own fort.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Breaking news regarding Waluigi and some potentially uncut content:

http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/nintendo-confirms-waluigi-uncircumcised-reason/ posted:

Kyoto, Japan —

Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima divulged in an interview with Game Informer magazine yesterday that recurring character Waluigi is uncircumcised. The remarks were unrelated to the downloadable content for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild he had been asked about.

“Waluigi still has his foreskin,” said Kimishima. “You won’t ever see it but it’s there. We do not know why he remains uncircumcised, however. It might be a religious thing, it might not. But, yes, Nintendo players can expect some exciting downloadable content for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.”

Waluigi first appeared in the 2000 Nintendo 64 title Mario Tennis as an evil version of Luigi. Though at no point do you see any character’s genitals, Kimishima insisted that underneath Waluigi’s purple overalls you would find an uncircumcised penis.

Not everyone at Nintendo is confirming this new information.  “This was never brought up during Waluigi’s concept stage,” said Fumihide Aoki, Waluigi’s creator. “None of the characters really have any kind of back story… and if they did I don’t think their private parts would be something that we would ever bring up.”

Kimishima eventually revealed that with the new downloadable content for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, players can experience over twenty hours of gameplay including new challenges, new enemies and new treasures like the Korok Mask.

“Also, remember Shy Guys?” he added. “None of them have any gag reflexes. So you could really go to town if you wanted.”

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Golden Goat posted:

Explain these gams to me

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't give a gently caress about Minecraft anymore but that Dragon Quest Builder's game might be fun. If I can play some form of coop with my brother I might check that out.

It is good, but there's no multiplayer. I heard that DQB2 WILL have multi, though, and that was announced for Switch months ago. Kinda surprising that they're porting the first one too, but... Meh. It's still fun.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

TFRazorsaw posted:

I guess the Switch really was Doomed after all.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Oh hey, just saw Lovers in a Dangerous Space-time was announced. Great coop game!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
How big is new Vegas, the best game?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Junkie Disease posted:

Golf Story Thursday

:vince:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Wow just looked at Gamefly for the first time. $16 per month for one game seems kind of like a bad deal, unless you're only renting a single brand new single player game at a time, rushing through it, and returning it for the next one. Like I think you'd have to go through multiple games a month to make it worth it.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Super Mega Baseball Two When

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
I guess for people like me who have like ten minutes of free time a day, Gamefly doesn't really work out so well, since it takes me months to finish most games. Oh well, back to playing Mario Kart forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Who would guess that by this point, the Switch would have 4 golf games on it

• Locked thread