Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Boosh! posted:

Anyone playing Cave Story? Where did all the life capsules go? I'm stuck on 3hp
Midway though and I'm basically getting one-shot by anything.

Hard mode removes all but 1 life capsule, and said life capsule is obtained near the end of the game. (Unless they changed that for the Switch version.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

how many were in the first one?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Anidav posted:

Nintendo doesn't want that one neckbeard with 4 switchs to play salmon run with himself and unlock all the dope loot from the comfort of his own toilet.

No, Jimmy Gamer must wipe the crumbs off his router, connect online and unfortunately play with other humans to unlock loot.

I have absolutely no idea what this post is trying to say.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Why did they even change Tiny Kong to be taller than Dixie?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

the complete impossibility of easily playing with friends in a pubic match and the lack of splitscreen make me baffled that Splatoon 2 is getting unanimous positive reviews. If a Call of Duty came out with this online featureset it would get loving savaged

currently three of us are trying to join on a fourth player's lobby, which means waiting for 3 people in their game to leave while we stare at a screen that says "waiting for a player slot to open up." If at any point any of us want to change our gear, we'll have to leave the lobby and rejoin, which could mean sitting through another round. This is literally indefensibly bad game design and I wish people would stop pretending it's some fun quirk of Nintendo

I guess people got used to Nintendo being really terrible with online features or something.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Imagined posted:

So, Splatoon 2, there a way for me to skip Peal and Marina's longass seemingly-unskippable announcements every time I leave the game and come back? Besides just mashing the A button and cursing?

Nope. At least the announcements don't pop up when the maps change in the middle of your play session like they did in Splatoon 1.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

There's been some cases of it, but the last stories about it took place about 3 months ago. Might be something to be on the lookout for.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

I'm not convinced any Switches were actually warped and it wasn't just someone OCD using a level and finding that the plastic back of his Switch wasn't perfectly flat and inspiring other people to freak out and do the same.

Or they just ended up bending it, since it is possible with enough force. Though the console is pretty durable otherwise, so who knows. (Though you'll want a screen protector for it, since the screen is plastic, not glass.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The other thing is that the dock has a similar problem as to what the OG 3DS has. There are plastic components in there that will rub up against the Switch's screen, eventually causing scratches.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I mean you can also use the AC adapter instead of the dock to charge it. Just plug it in directly instead of to the dock.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

jivjov posted:

Does the switch not have that? Major releases on Wii U and 3DS have preloads.

It sadly does not. The great Splatoon 2 jam could have been prevented if it did.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

didnt peach have a DS game where she saved mario? they should do another one of those, but make it Wario World: Peach Edition.

what im saying is, i want peach to be yelling wario phrases

She did, but she used her emotions to do it. Yes, I'm serious and there were some very unfortunate implications.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

Which Kirby? Spinoffs like Epic Yarn and the clay one often come out early.

It's definitely a mainline title.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I gotta say, I never realized how much a lack of a proper D-pad can make things awkward. Playing 2D platformers with the direction buttons feels so off to me, that I pretty much resorted to using the analog stick. Shame that the pro controller's D-pad apparently sucks. I was thinking about getting that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Chemical Zone boss is a fuckin' thing. Holy poo poo, Sonic Mania is awesome as gently caress.

Somehow, I ended up dying to it when I won the fight, so be warned about that bug.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

does Mario Maker not already have a mode that uses sprites?

3 of them. Though they most likely meant an entirely new artstyle.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

They never said invoking the old school sprites. Just a new 2D artstyle.

Honestly, I'd be all for a new look for the 2D series. The same artstyle was used for the NSMB for several games in a row, while SMB, SMB3, and SMW all looked different from each other. And the artstyle for NSMB looks so plastic and lifeless.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Fun Times! posted:

I like this theme better than the last. Hopefully the teams are more even.

It should be. Comparing ketchup to mayo is not really something that common outside of Japan. Ketchup vs mustard would have been a much more appropriate theme.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Fhate posted:

Anybody having issues with Splatoon 2 lately? I've been playing it with zero issues until yesterday. Yesterday it started disconnecting from literally every match after about 10 seconds. I gave up and quit playing, then tried again today (tried turning the switch all the way off then back on), and it persists. Literally every game starts saying the connection is unstable about 10 seconds in then DC's me.

Splatoon 2 runs on a peer to peer connection. If you're having problems constantly, something's wrong with your internet.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I've ran into netcode issues quite a few times, but it definitely wasn't as bad as that guy was saying.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I was loving Breath of the Wild, then I got to a motion control shrine.

How many of these monstrosities are in the game, because holy poo poo that was miserable.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Motion Control Shrines posted:

Upside-down

:psyboom: Holy poo poo.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

it looks the same as the last 3 kirby games which have all been incredible

Indeed. I wonder if it can top Robobot, which was the best of the lot. If it can, :swoon: Even if it can't, the series is in good hands, and I'm expecting to have a really good time with it anyway.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Consider this: It's bringing back the power combining mechanic from Kirby 64

:flashfap:

Bongo Bill posted:

It appears to have the animal friends mechanic from Kirby's Dream Land 3.

If you're talking about Nago, that's just a cameo for Cleaning Kirby's dash attack.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do they cheese the game? I'll just give the code away then.

Unless the weapons level up, they're not that much more powerful than what you can get at the beginning of the game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Cripes, I can't believe I'm considering this. Is it like Paper Mario type funny?

No way. It's an amusing game, but it's level of humor is nowhere near Paper Mario's. And it's sense of humor is different from it.

The real reason to get it is because it's a great strategy game. If that doesn't sound appealing, then I don't suggest making the purchase.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The movement mechanics are really good. You can cover so much ground with them, and it rewards you for moving your units to similar spots while also avoiding the issue of having your characters bunched up.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Weird that Undertale isn't on Switch. Did Sony pay for exclusivity?

I think it's because the PS4 supports Game Maker, which Undertale was made in. It would probably be trickier to port to other consoles.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

The Koopalings are honestly kind of lovely to Bowser Jr., at least in Paper Jam. I wonder how they get away with bullying the boss's son.

They are the closest things to friends he has. :smith:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

That really isn't dumb at all. It's not like it limits key generation for Nintendo severely since they have a bunch of other characters they can still use.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

sonic? on my nintendo? lol. i fought and lost people in the console wars of the 90's. we didn't win that just so we could play hedgehog games on our perfect systems. :colbert:

The war ended a long time ago. Humans and hedgehogs have made peace. You need to move on.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

can't wait for my new friends Yono the elephant and Travis Touchdown to be in the next Smash Bros

Rabbids will get in first. :unsmigghh:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Mario X-COM is a better game than Splatoon 2.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

njsykora posted:

Which isn't for a while yet and isn't this one.

And is only for Japan.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I see someone is putting that monkey's paw to use.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean what happened that is making everyone talk about Mario not being a plumber now

I thought the entire reason you use pipes for travel was because of plumbing.

The official Japanese profile on him said something along the lines of "All around sporty, whether it’s tennis or baseball, soccer or car racing, he [Mario] does everything cool. As a matter of fact, he also seems to have worked as a plumber a long time ago..." or something like that. No idea why people are freaking out over it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I guess the Switch really was Doomed after all.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:eyepop:

LethalGeek posted:

Big titles are the same boring poo poo I played a dozen times already gimme weird indy stuff and/or Splatoon cause it kinda was the indy title.

Honestly if BotW had been OoT 4.0 I'd have chucked it in the trash hard enough to put a hole in my floor.

Splatoon 2 is the same game as Splatoon 1.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

KingSlime posted:

What benefit is there to buying a season pass vs waiting til the content actually exists?

A small discount of some sort I take it? There's incentive for crowdfunding AAA studios or something, right?

It's basically the same thing as pre-ordering, only for DLC instead of the actual game.

Though in BOTW's case, the DLC packs can't be purchased seperately. It's all or nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Good grief, what isn't coming to the Switch at this point? Feels so surreal for a Nintendo console to get this many ports.

• Locked thread