Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Super Mario Odyssey comes out October 27th, not 29th - typo in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

bandaid.friend posted:

This is mostly pointless but I didn't see it mentioned - you get like one sixth of the nintendo points for buying a cartridge game versus the digital version

e: I prefer the cartridge if I can get it from a local that's not EB Games. gently caress EB Games
Do Nintendo Points(tm) even do anything at this exact moment in time?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HyperPuma posted:

im not sure it was ever confirmed that new units had any sort of hardware fix in the same way that the ones people sent in got

but maybe there was a more subtle change to the manufacturing process that fixes it?
Someone posted an article where they disassembled the joycon before and after and the fix was literally a block of [e:conductive] foam inside the thing, let me find it...

Aha, it's this one on CNet with pictures before and after.

Super trivial for them to just fix it going forward without the end users ever noticing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Consummate Professional posted:

Boy I hope stardew valley comes out soon to end this extremely enlightening topic
It's time for the final round of...

WHEEL
OF (SWITCH)
FORTUNE!

PHRASE
S T _ R _ E _
_ _ L L E _
_ _ E _ ?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is Shakedown Hawaii... good? It looked like a Hotline Miami ripoff aesthetically but the gameplay looks like two or three other things combined in an interesting way so now I'm curious.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zelder posted:

does new donk city have a standing army? What kind of economy are we looking at here
Pauline's new donk makes my army stand

...banana.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rexroom posted:

Is the Switch the new Vita yet?
*ahem*

"anime titty when"

Really though I guess it probably is just because there's no competition?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Every week I'm like "maybe Stardew this week". And every week, no Stardew. With my luck, it'll drop on the same day Odyssey does.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They will announce Stardew more than a week in advance, so there's no need to think that.
but my torment will not end until it is announced

and then it will probably continue until it is out

so really what I'm saying is they can cause me pain twice :shepicide:

(but not really because Mario X Rabbids comes out late August so I'll have another game for my dead gay console)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I should not find this fact nearly as interesting as I do.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Almost a month away from the Switch finally getting a good game!
Stardew is dropping on the same day as Mario X Rabbids?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't think it's better than the good classic Harvest Moons like 64 and Friends of Mineral Town but it easily blows away the last decade of that series.
Yeah, to avoid the meme for a second, I don't think it'll beat out the old Harvest Moons and obviously I'd prefer Rune Factory 5 somehow magically starts existing, but Stardew is going to be good enough that I will be happy to buy it and play it and have a good time :shobon:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Real answer: Switch Excite Truck
:hellyeah:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Housh posted:

Yeah. I started to compulsively ask about it in the previous thread when I was going through a hard time in life. Then found out the team did announce a port which made me excited but me I begin periodically asking the thread when since they didn't give a date.
Worse. They announced it and it was listed as "coming summer 2017" and then they removed that line and since have only said "coming 2017".

Literally Stardew when. I'd rather have a date for late in the year than uncertainty!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Friends, I have joined the dark side. I bought a screen protector. Literally the first screen protector for anything I have ever purchased. I didn't know the Switch screen was plastic!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Huh, this amiFilm protector the thread recommended is actually gorgeous.

First one went on just fine, so I have one left over and all the install mats. If anybody wants it for the cost of shipping, PM me - I've got a million spare bubble mailers so it's no big deal at all.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Real hurthling! posted:

So was dqh, which runs smoother on vita than switch (with obviously lower qual textures etc of course but still)
excuse me sir in future please mention when things are [JP ONLY] before dashing my hopes :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DLC Inc posted:

I have hope August will be the Big Month and all the great Nindies will finally arrive.

Have the Etrian Odyssey people said anything about the series migrating to Switch?
Nope. Took them long enough to announce EO5 coming stateside (August 2016 Japan release, announced for NA June 2017) that I haven't interpreted their silence to mean anything particular, though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Improbable Lobster posted:

what kind of turbo:spergin: uses ESDF lol
someone who never had many options as a child and needs as many as possible right next to their reach so they can have all the options and all the power

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TFRazorsaw posted:

How is USF2 as a port anyway? Is it decent at least?
I remember someone here said they cut the background animations down to almost nothing or some equally ridiculous-sounding thing that indicated there were probably performance issues under the hood. But that's all I know and it's not a helpful answer.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

treiz01 posted:

I just realized yesterday I have one of the models effected by this. What's the easy fix?
Call Nintendo and have them fix it. They just put a tiny block of foam inside it but it's super trivial for them to fix.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zelder posted:

Enter the gungeon is still aiming for a 2017 switch release, which is good, because that's probably my favorite rogue like out right now
Wait, are you serious? I never got around to buying it on PC but I've been meaning to for ages and I didn't buy Isaac because I played it to death on PC. That handles both my "roguelite on Switch" and "play this game" needs nicely, how the hell did I miss hearing about them Switch porting it until now?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

katkillad2 posted:

I bought Gungeon on PS4 and PC, got probably around 200 hours total in it. It's not for everyone, but if it's for you then it's 70+ hours of entertainment.
Apparently I have 556 hours lifetime in Isaac between Flash and Rebirth. I suspect i will enjoy it and if not I won't feel bad about giving the devs my money even if it doesn't pan out :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tender Bender posted:

Don't worry about any of them that you don't complete naturally. If you get a quest from someone that sounds interesting feel free to do it (stuff from named characters that aren't just "collect quest 2" or whatever tend to have cute dialogue and sometimes interesting outcomes) but otherwise ignore them.
You won't get there for ages but once you get to the cute mascot people tree village there's a really good sidequest chain. Everything else feel free to skip even if it's from a named character, honestly, it was all unmemorable.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SeANMcBAY posted:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 just got announced for PS4 and Switch.
The first looked pretty fun, I'll buy it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Moonlighter posted on their Kickstarter again talking about console releases and I asked them if they were thinking about Switch and they said "It is not announced officially but we are seriously considering it :)"

So if that looks like something you'd be interested in, semi-good news for the indefinite future!

e: yeah I should probably like link to a trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3MmavVxFCY

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 10, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DLC Inc posted:

basically every digital indie release date for Switch is a giant glowing question mark. Stardew when, Hollow Knight when, Wargroove/Golf Story/Mother 3 when.
In fairness, we do know Stardew is at least running on Switch from those tweets posted a page or two back. So soonish. Ish. Maybe.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, also, if you make it to the top without the coat he will show up and be like "here have a warm coat" so that's another option if you want to cram food down your maw repeatedly

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mister Facetious posted:

Wait for Dragon Quest Builders 1/2. It has actual objectives and looks cute.
Have they said anything about Switch getting DQB1? I know they mentioned 2. And same question for DQ Heroes.

(Getting FFXV PC confirmed has made me hungry for due dates.)

(e: but I deliberately did not ask about the dew of stars.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

IllegallySober posted:

I loving love that this game allows you to solve problems in a bunch of different ways.

Also, I just realized after I beat the fourth shrine and got the backstory- that was basically just an extended tutorial I'd been playing for like ten hours?!? This game is loving HUGE!
Yep. Game is ENORMOUS.

And literally anything you can think of is at least 50% to work. Like, I felt like a total moron when I swam through an icy river that hurt me and then saw a floating log just go by next to me as soon as I was done.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

lelandjs posted:

Did you try Cryosis? I used to to very slowly cross a pond only to realize after the fact that there was a boat not ten feet from where I started my crossing.
I did, but there was a little cave overhead bit that I didn't think I would have clearance to get under. (turns out I would have - there's a shrine in there, I bet people will know exactly the one I mean when I say that - and it was clearly designed to get to in several different ways)

Game rules. The only thing I've tried that didn't work was throwing a metal weapon at an enemy when I was about to get struck by lightning for wielding it. And I can't confirm that I didn't time that wrong.

e: also why did I think Mario x Rabbids dropped today

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Feenix posted:

Weird. All this time I thought Pokken was some rip off Pokemon clone fighting game. I tried the demo. I guess it's REAL pokemon. (my kid should dig that...) and so far (only played the Tutorial...) It's... not bad?!
Yeah, it's an actual Pokemon game.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

creationist believer posted:

Can't wait for GDQ to feature a 100% BotW run that lasts the entire week
WR for 100% No Amiibo is 33:41:11, apparently... although that may not be true anymore since those times are 2 months old, but the only other run recently I know was over 60 hours.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Bloop posted:

I haven't seen the numbers, but I hope the second one did well too.

I want Bravely Switch to exist. Like, a lot
I have a vague impression that it did at least as well as the first one? But I don't know why because the only official thing I ever saw was the panel where some of the translator dorks (including the guy who wrote the boat scene :shobon:) talked at PAX East.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Folt The Bolt posted:

Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie boss themes... how I've missed you. :allears:
This is really good, did Kirkhope actually do the music because it sure sounds like him

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Reminder that Dimentio's end game was killing Luigi to posses his body and destroy reality itself
Smithy wanted to wipe out all life on Mario's world (just like he had done on his own homeworld) and replace it with sentient weapons :black101:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Fetus posted:

The war ended a long time ago. Humans and hedgehogs have made peace. You need to move on.
Is Mario even human? The residents of New Donk City are ~66% taller than him and differently proportioned. Are we sure he could breed true?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Supernorn posted:

This is the game that I've been working on in total secrecy up till now. So far people seem really excited about it, so i'm pumped!

yup, hopefully we won't have to wait too long to hear back from Nintendo.
wait...

so the answer to "Stargoon when?" would be "all along"?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

lelandjs posted:

Wait, Konami is actually doing things with the series besides slapping it on Pachinko machines? Holy poo poo.
They've just... had... this MGS2 HD port lying around. For like, half a decade or more.

So obviously it's going to the Nvidia Shield and not, you know, Steam.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Real hurthling! posted:

Note: xv2 is just xv1 with a better hub zone and a small amount of new missions.

Like 80% of the game is repackaged xv1 content.
I didn't play XV1 (but was excited for it) so that's actually perfect for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

s.i.r.e. posted:

I just looked it up and wow, that's hosed, they have a different color scheme for each one of their shells. Really dumb. On the other hand, I know a lot of Goons gently caress heavy with the transparent purple Nintendo hardware and the company added some new colors:

oh my god it's literally the game boy color I always wanted as a child (as opposed to the one I had which was still :krad:)

• Locked thread