Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It bugs me that the upcoming games aren't ordered by release date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Thanks, fixed. Also put the games in chronological order(with guesses for the ones that don't yet have dates). Also a couple I need to add that were or will be Nintendo published or using Nintendo IP, I'll add later.

good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

why doesn't splatoon have an option to invert the motion controls

So you'll learn to use regular controls like a normal person

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

limaCAT posted:

Zero Suit Peach

Is that a thing?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

This is more a question for Google, and an answer for adtrw.

That's cute. They should have costume switching in some game at some point

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spellman posted:

Nah, they'll kill off third pillars but not seconds. The 3DS will have a successor because the Switch's successor could flop

they aren't going to have two competing handheld lines going at the same time. 3DS sales will decline and Nintendo will stop making games for it and then there's just going to be the Switch

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Facetious posted:

They don't have two competing handhelds though. They have one handheld and one console with a battery backup.

the great thing about the Switch is that it's either a handheld or a console depending on what point I'm trying to make.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

irlZaphod posted:

What is Nico Nico?

a streaming service

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frankston posted:

What does it say?

the Nintendo Switch is getting a Nico Nico app

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
c'mon people, use context clues

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like neon better but I got gray because that was all they had so now I have to act like it's no big deal

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mandatory lesbian posted:

pauline started to dress real snazzy in the last 40 years

she's a mayor now, she's not gonna be wearing that club dress to meetings with the head of sanitation.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the Switch is surprisingly small for a console, and surprisingly big for a handheld

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Switch automatically turns on the TV and sets it to the right input when I turn the Switch on.

this is the future

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
guys, I am very excited for Splatoon 2

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna wait for reviews on the Rabbids game

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nephzinho posted:

It is going to be short, broken, and really fun.

That's what I'm afraid of. That Nobunaga x Pokemon game should've been my poo poo, but it was so short and easy, it sucked. I'll buy Rabbids if people say it has a lot of content and is at least somewhat challenging.

Like in so many aspects of my life, I want it long and hard.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mega64 posted:

How about Splatoon XCOM

I wonder how they would do ink mechanics in a strategy game

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Facetious posted:

85% of Canadians live within 70 miles of the American border, and thus have a population density equivalent to the Northeastern United States.

They're just too expensive here, because we haven't forgotten how our currencies used to be at parity only four years ago. Nobody up here except tools and fanboys feels they're worth $399 MSRP, plus tax.

The tools and fanboys are right

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I regret paying full price for Cave Story

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Golden Goat posted:

But Cave Story is good and worth money.

I only regret it because I already played it, and 30 bucks is a bit much for how small of a game it is. It is a good game worth some amount of money tho

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can watch your bread brown over time in a toaster oven, that's added value.

Also, unrelated:

There you have it, all Pearl fans are bronies.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Xenoblade at all related to Xenosaga? I liked that one.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

Fuckin foight me this Friday if you don't believe Pearl is Best Squid

I'll fuckin munt ya

Pearl might be bet squid, but Marina is best octopus

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anidav posted:

Nintendo doesn't want that one neckbeard with 4 switchs to play salmon run with himself and unlock all the dope loot from the comfort of his own toilet.

No, Jimmy Gamer must wipe the crumbs off his router, connect online and unfortunately play with other humans to unlock loot.

That doesn't make any sense

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anidav posted:

What you've never seen a hardcore Gamer control 4 squids at once in order to avoid playing with c c casuals?!

no

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't really see the inconvenience of having to be tethered to another device because the device in question is one I'm already tethered to all day, every day.

I don't care at all about voice chat, I wouldn't use voice chat in Splatoon even if Nintendo made it easy. But don't pretend that Nintendo's voice chat setup for the Switch isn't completely stupid and a pain in the rear end compared to how all other video game systems do it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

StabMasterArson posted:

so being real is this going to be another Wii U with like 1 or 2 games worth a poo poo per year. its already gathering its first inch of dust

Why do people keep saying this? Are you just not paying attention? There's going to be one big first party title every month for the rest of the year

The Switch is probably going to have one of the best first year libraries for a console ever.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

StabMasterArson posted:

how many if these arent ports and actually look interesting

Whether or not something looks interesting is a personal matter. As for the other thing, I think Pokken and Zelda came out on that Wii tablet controller thing, but nobody owned that, literally not a single person, so I don't think they count as ports.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Splatoon 2 comes with a reversible cover.

Once again, buying physical is the superior choice

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

JonTron hasn't been in that group for like three or four years man.

so it's post-JonTron?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

abraham linksys posted:

the complete impossibility of easily playing with friends in a pubic match and the lack of splitscreen make me baffled that Splatoon 2 is getting unanimous positive reviews. If a Call of Duty came out with this online featureset it would get loving savaged

The difference is that Splatoon 2 is a good game

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

abraham linksys posted:

ok, try overwatch, or halo, or titanfall, or literally any other shooter released in the last decade

The difference is that Splatoon 2 is a good game

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

This just in, all shooters except Splatoon are apparently bad.

hell yeah

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

I like that you complained about people having blinders for a game company and then mentioned a Blizzard game.

Overwatch got a stronger waifu game, I'll give it that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How do people already have 100% video walkthroughs for Splatoon 2 on Youtube?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/892278997534429184
Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 coming to the Switch late 2017.

I am all in for that, the Revelations games are my favorite Resident Evils. I just hope they get a physical release

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh, I should've clicked the link

quote:

At retail across North America you will find these two games as a combo pack dubbed Resident Evil Revelations Collection, which includes one cartridge with Revelations as well as a digital download voucher for Revelations 2 for $39.99

that seems like an odd choice

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

all of it, eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hace posted:

Yeah but in THEORY someone could

Could they? You'd have to buy a used one from some shady second-hand electronics dealer

• Locked thread