Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Great, now we gotta get someone to draw tits on a car

Speaking of the Vita, it does have Drive Girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Croccers posted:

How do I lick the eshop? What does it taste like?

Stick your tongue in the empty cartridge slot.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Rolo posted:

Rumor is the already-announced games have their own spots already.

Is the direct today? Is it tomorrow?

Rumor on ResetEra is the direct will be on the 11th.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Fake?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Ermagerd, Nerterndo Swertch!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I just found out there's a Checkers 10 minutes from me. If the Switch had streetpass functionality I'd totally take it with me.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

lol Disgaea has what I’m assuming are the ps4 trophies including the trophy popup from the ps4.

What? You mean as you're playing on the Switch, PS4 trophies are popping?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I knew what it was and I still clicked.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Tae posted:

I'm laughing super hard that a goddamn nintendo DS port is 60 bucks but dark souls is 40

I was not going to be surprised at all if the PS4/Xbox versions were $40 while the Switch version was $50 or $60. That 32GB cart price.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

frantically googling "best nintendo switch games to play while hiding from ballistic missiles"

So much for enjoying Switch with friends on a rooftop.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Meldonox posted:

Shelter in place, this is not a drill. By the way, bring your Switch.

When I was a kid I was staying at a friends house and my mom called to say that a tornado was in the area. I asked her if she could bring my N64 into the basement with them.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Enjoy not playing Dark Souls on the shitter idiot

I'll be enjoying Dark Souls while pooping thanks to remote play.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Another big get for the Switch

Those gets aren't big enough. Where's Switch Senran Kagura?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I need my gets in english.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Feenix posted:

It ran (runs) like poo poo on PS4 Pro... I can only imagine Switch... buyer beware.

From what I hear the Switch version is the worst. Virtually unplayable in undocked mode.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Samurai Sanders posted:

That was the first thing I thought of of course but just pushing that sometimes makes the Knight Rider thing on the controller go back and forth for a while and then it stops and the Switch never turns on.

It may not be a pro controller thing, but a system issue. I don't have a pro controller, but I experience the same thing when trying to wake the system up using the joy cons in the joy con grip. Just like you said, I'll press the home button and the lights on the grip will flash around and then stop and nothing had happened. I'll have to press the home button or random buttons again to get it to wake up.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wait, so will Dark Souls Switch have a Funky Mode or not

Oh man, it would be so sweet to just surf across Blighttown.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Supercar Gautier posted:

A funny thing about Bayonetta on Switch is that the game now loads too fast to do any combo practice. Which is a tradeoff I'll happily take, but it'd be nice to have an option somewhere to play with the combo list as long as you want.

Bayonetta has a practice mode that you can enter during the loading screen. I've never entered it myself, but reading online people say to press back during the loading screen.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Didn't the creators of Torchlight 2 say they would never bring the game to consoles? Man, I'd really love a portable version of that game.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Policenaut posted:

So I thought this was kind of interesting. Fans datamined Xenoblade 2 and discovered that the Rare Blade drop rates, for some characters, are worse than some major Gacha games.

IMO it almost feels like Nintendo was angling to do a legitimate Gacha for the game (because good lord have you seen how much Fire Emblem Heroes makes?) but I dunno maybe they backed out at the last minute after the various Gacha/Lootbox controversies late last year? A 0.1% likelihood of pulling a specific character in a single player RPG? Get outta here with that, Monolith Soft.

After only getting a rare blade from 1 out of 5 legendary cores (luck around 410), I pretty much lost all interest in going for a post-game collect-athon.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Kurtofan posted:

how's xenoblade 2 in portable mode. I heard bad things.

Lower resolution and colors aren't as vivid. Nothing that makes it unplayable though.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Macaluso posted:

Is there not a Kirby demo in America? :confused:

After the Yakuza 6 debacle, America is no longer getting any more demos.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sunning posted:

Expect Dragon Quest XI.

For only the 3DS.

Still gonna get it. A Switch release would be a nice surprise though.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Sorry if this has been answered already, but has the d-pad issue I've read about been fixed in any of the newer Pro controllers? I know the XC2 controller has the fix, but are people buying newer regular Pro controllers and finding them fixed as well? Just curious since I have my first controller coming in the mail and wanted to know if I need to do anything to test it once it comes in or anything.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Macaroni Surprise posted:

So just got my brand new switch and uh wow these eshop games are expensive. I'm getting stardew valley. What else would probably be worth my money?

Golf Story

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Policenaut posted:

Enough of that Sonic Mania poo poo, we got that real poo poo right here.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/974760424271855617

Now this is the real Sonic news! Never played Transformed, but I loved All-Stars Racing on the PS3. I just recently got back into Mario Kart (playing both 8 on Switch and 7 on 3DS) and am itching for more awesome karting games!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Elderbean posted:

The Pro controller is super comfy.

Seriously! I got mine last week and while I normally play in handheld mode, I've been playing a whole lot more docked just so I can use the pro controller.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Internet Kraken posted:

Kirby feels kind of evil sometimes

On the latest Bombcast, Ben mentions a fan theory about how Kirby is really the bad guy. With Whispy Woods in particular, the tree is just sitting there minding it's own business and Kirby comes along, sucks up it's apples and spits em back at the tree causing it to cry. And he does this over and over again through multiple games. Reminds me of the Youtube video that does a convincing job describing how the main character in the original The Karate Kid is actually the antagonist, and kind of an rear end in a top hat.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Isn't the Whispy Woods a spy sent to kill Kirby whenever any poo poo goes down?

If so then Whispy Woods is a very conspicuous spy.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol i hope that new cobra kai movie makes this idea canon.

Watch the trailer, if you look at it the right way it kinda does.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Is the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Season Pass worth getting at this point, or should I wait until the rest of it releases to see if it's worth the $30 price tag? I really enjoyed my 90 hours spent with the main game, and would love to have more, but if only a couple extra piddly side quests and cosmetic items have been released then I can wait.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Rolo posted:

Who is Goku?

A anime.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So has someone literally hosed a Nintendo Switch yet?

https://youtu.be/I3ZOFhxx7Mk

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Is the game only releasing physically through this edition, or will there also be a standard physical release?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Aren't x-ray machines these days safe when it comes to radiation emission? I would assume it's like the baggage scanners they use at airports, right?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

bowmore posted:

I want Mario Maker DX for Switch

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Infinitum posted:

Waiting to see what gets announced at E3 with regards to classic NES/SNES/N64/Gamecube/Wii games.

If not I think a lot of folks gonna be homebrewing

I'd be legit surprised to see anything announced beyond NES games coming to their online service, for now at least.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

SeANMcBAY posted:

They mentioned SNES games so those will come too eventually.

Eventually they will, but I'm not expecting to see any announced at E3 or during the initial release of their online service. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

All that matters is what the dashboard icon will look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think Zero played pretty well if you got used to its controls. It took a decent amount of time to get a grip on it but it felt like you were controlling some futuristic RC plane once you got it down and I thought that was cool.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/996157150408855553?s=21
It’s that time of the year again.

Oh poo poo, Sin and Punishment! The Wii game was so drat good, can't wait to see what they'll be bringing to the Switch.

• Locked thread