Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DLC Inc posted:

gently caress why wasn't Marble Madness part of the NES Online game collection? huge oversight

Snake Rattle n Roll > Marble Madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ChaseSP posted:

Chocobos are giant cockatiels and you can't change my mind.

Back in the SNES days when I didn't have any way to know better I was certain that chocobo was pronounced like chuck-[C]OB-[b]ow (like bow and arrow)

and I still think it sounds better than CHOKE-a-bow

Thanks for reading

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

all the fights boiled down to leghold trap/envenom/shackle foe

I basically never used any of that.

You have solid points on the game's systems being a bit unpolished (the path actions definitely were not equally good or useful, for instance)
but this sort of thing is you intentionally limiting your game mechanics and then complaining about limited game mechanics.

My biggest regret is getting a 100x XP dance on a boss fight and subsequently being so overleveled that I beat Chapter 4 bosses in 2 rounds.
Game was good but not excellent, and I am hoping the eventual sequel gets those small things right.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Like it's not really limiting game mechanics by using those a lot, they all just felt required for my play style :shrug:

That's fine, but I'm just saying if your playstyle choices were repetitive and boring, maybe the fault wasn't with the game. There were a lot of ways to beat bosses. Just break them fast with attacks so they don't get to hit you at all, or get a lot of autohealing and overhealing, for example.

I agree that the game might just not be for you, and that is seriously OK.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

The hunter lady is by far the worst overall character in the game.

Nah

Everyone is going to have their favorites. I'd easily put the scholar at the bottom, for instance.

Also, Locke Therion was always in my party despite not being my main. He became the sorcerer supreme, 6x casting to break poo poo then refilling his own MP gauge with a powerful attack

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

Because I like H'aanit's sprite more

I used her as a scholar in the endgame for this reason

I also had Warmaster Olberic though for dishing out 70k damage attacks

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Licarn posted:

H'aanit is fine. I started with her and she was good for the whole game. Monsters start being bad eventually, but by then you should have Arrowstorm, and eventually her divine skill, anyway.

Monsters even stay good if what you are using her for is doing multiple attacks to break defense rather than relying on her for maximum damage output

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah, but later you have better more consistantly break options and monsters become terrible and grindy.

Shes fine at the start but objectively falls off while other characters improve or ar least stay static.

I guess.

I had two always in party members and she was one of my other regulars, and did just fine. Good weapon selection, but I mainly used her secondary job abilities if she wasn't cutting people down with an axe.

There's more to picking a party than min/maxing. I liked her banter. I do hope Nonopath figures out how do balance the classes better, though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ultimate Chicken Horse is turning out to be a good intro game for non game players

All my friends like it even the people who usually pass on video games

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Gamecube controllers felt horrible to hold

Indeed this is why they are still producing them three console generations later :rolleye:

I get people have different preferences but I have to imagine you have claw hands or something if you don't like the Gamecube controller. I mean, it's not the best for every genre, but it's not uncomfortable

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

The shoulder/trigger buttons on a GC controller are rear end.

Indeed, it feels great to squeeze rear end

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

Worst controller: n64
Best: GC
Honorable mention: Switch Pro (no analog triggers)

n64 controller was not even close to the worst, general design-wise or comfort wise.

Granted the stick tech was garbage long-term, but it was also the first modern analog stick so it gets a bit of a pass. The addition of a true trigger and the options to use one controller multiple ways have been greatly refined but are descended from that beast.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Look at these kids who are too young to remember the Dreamcast controller. Trash.

I got an NES to when it was new you doofus. Also, the N64 came out three years before the dreamcast so what the gently caress are you talking about

pixaal posted:

Nintendo felt that most games would use the D-pad which is why the natural grip is on the D-pad. It's also why the Analog stick isn't that great.

I always found the middle grip to feel more natural, but that's probably because all the launch games DID use analog, so.... source?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Robotron 64 with two controllers made me feel like a god in 1999

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

Does this thread love anime titties and hate weapon degradation while posting spoiler tagged Hollow Knight questions?

Controversial, more controversial, and...yes

So.. probably but some people will hate it.
Checks out

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Vita Means Life

Vita is blood

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah C button controls for perfect dark were great

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Bowsette is one of those ideas that humanity cannot stop. Like how radio was pretty much invented by two different people at around the same time.

Like Deep Impact and Armageddon

or The Prestige and The Illusionist

or
or

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
YOOKA LAYLEE PHYSICAL DISCOUNT CODE

If anyone still cares, you can pre-order the Yooka Laylee Switch physical edition here:

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-13-yooka-laylee-preorder

and use code SAVESOMECOINS for 10% off

Today and Tomorrow only

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm not going to buy the physical copy but is this game even good?

It's fine. It is what it is, which is definitely not for everybody.

If you'd consider playing Banjo Kazooie, DK64, or Conker's BFD in 2018, it's more of that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I would gladly pay 20 dollars a month for Nintendo Online if it included health insurance

Wow, same.

Get on it, Reggie

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Cheeto posted:

Finally a Dr. Mario sequel

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mega64 posted:

So did Mario, Luigi, and Wario all go to the same medical school?

Is Wario's doctorate even real?

Luigi actually has a PhD in Etruscan Art, so I wouldn't trust him with your medical problems.

Wario has an online degree from Rump University
boof!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So where's the hype for Mega Man 11? That should be good, right?

I really wanted to like it but it looks and feels like the NSMB of Mega Man so I'm not exactly hyped.

It's probably fine

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Closing threads always dumb and bad unless they've reached forum-killing length and need to be restarted. If people are being shits modes will probate them

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

Joke's on you, I was only pretending to be an rear end in a top hat

edit
vv yeah, that's fair vv

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 30, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bowsette smell the eggs

just as a joke haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Korn posted:

Don't talk about star wars on here.

The only Star wars game is a microtransaction piece of poo poo now and it isn't in switch regardless

Let me tell you about my Jabbette fanart blog

• Locked thread