Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taking the week off so he can ruin next week's Joe/Reigns match and make Summerslam a 4-way

Won't be the only 4-way that night once Kurt's with Dixie, Steph, and HHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

lol you don't think Roman's winning that clean?

Joe's definitely not winning that match, so either it's Reigns or a gently caress finish (Braun)

And I don't know what you have Braun do at Summerslam at this point if it doesn't involve Brock

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thing I just realized about the main event result: this frees up Bray to finally get Finn/the Demon King

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finn said in an interview that he tells people who don't follow wrestling that he's an "entertainer" but tries to avoid the topic of his career altogether out of shame. And when other obviously large wrestlers got spotted in NXT he'd lie and say he wasn't a wrestler and just did office work

I think I like Finn now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd say that means he's not coming back but he's 39, he's not going to be in the business much longer in general realistically

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

more indy guys should go to the Fed young to realize that the place they always dreamed of going is not as nice as they thought it was and decide to stay with the Indies and Japan to lead to WWE's eventual destruction :unsmigghh:

This is absolutely happening with Lio and Ricochet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dean/Miz advertised for the Australia tour

In September

Codependent Poster posted:

Ambrose and the Miz have been feuding almost nonstop since November.

http://profightdb.com/wrestler_search/dean-ambrose-3069.html?opp=412

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if Dean and Miz or Kofi and Dolph have had more matches

Not even close. Kofi/Dolph had 27 televised singles matches total as of this point (per ProFightDB). I don't even think Orton/Cena has been run into the ground that much (ed: update it hasn't, only 22)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

What about Sheamus/Del Rio

http://profightdb.com/wrestler_search/sheamus-5000.html?opp=2883 14, it was just all mostly back to back to back (half of those were PPVs in one year)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

How badly will NXT/205 live be cut if the TV deal money is cut?

205 Live I legit expect to be canceled

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Efexeye posted:

edit: they are cutting all the stuff that has gotten me to watch wrestling for the last 30 years. where's the spectacle? i turned on lucha underground for ten minutes the other day and saw more character development, storylines and world building than I have in the past 10 years in the WWE

There's more character development in someone making 2 posts (one saying someone was good, and then another saying they changed their mind and said someone is bad) than there's been in the last 5 years of WWE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

ive never played a fire pro, how much can you cheat? if i cant be a piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat heel, theres no point. i wanna poke eyes and kick balls and use brass knucks and have arn anderson interfere

newLegacy once did a stream of Returns simulating an all-female tournament in an MMA ring, and one of the matches (Linda McMahon vs Dixie Carter) was 80% tit punches, low blows, eye pokes, and at one point Linda pulled out a scythe from somewhere and raked it across Dixie's face

You can absolutely cheat a bunch in Fire Pro games

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tfrq4kHBB8 Linda/Dixie starts around 33 minutes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Don't expect Battleground to sell out

Genuinely have lost count, this is either the 4th or 5th SD-only PPV in a row that hasn't sold out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Lol at respecting someone with such a shameful back

It's admirable to go into a locker room full with people who lift weights obsessively, who constantly are working to achieve the perfect form they know they'll never obtain, and just completely not give a gently caress about any of that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm impressed. Usually they bandwagon a fad or meme long after it faded from mainstream attention

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/885656861218938881?s=09

First kiss angle: Happening

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Honestly surprised it took this long

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats to 205 Live for outliving Talking Smack, definitely didn't see that one coming

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Feel very bad for Renee Young who was drafted away from Dean Ambrose to do it. Now seemingly she's just do "what are your thoughts" *extends arm* backstage interviews on Smackdown's TV show.

Likewise Wrestlers who don't get much screentime and have characters that are underdeveloped or have an IRL personality superior to what's scripted.

Realistically here, does Bryan have any incentive whatsoever now to stick around after his deal's up next year? By all accounts it seemed he really, really enjoyed doing this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm really happy I don't give this company money anymore.

Anyone who still has the Network post-this decision is telling WWE they support this decision and others WWE will make (and they will make more) like it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh my loving god they didn't tell Renee

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mikethemiz/status/886038610905923586

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

The point is to have it on my TV while being able to do other stuff on my laptop. :v:

MassRafTer posted:

Chromecast.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Timby posted:

Max Landis is a complete idiot who spent a month harassing Lexi Alexander on Twitter, after which she blocked him, and then he posted a pair of cringe-worthy videos basically begging her to go on a date with him or "please at least talk to me," and called her a bully because she called him out on white male privilege.

Max Landis can go gently caress himself.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmbUEYYMZG4

He hates women and also anybody who thinks his dad was better than him and he's coasting on the last name

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The WWE seems to be in this weird state of cutting costs drastically cutting costs yet expanding the roster and it seems very unsustainable

I'd be very surprised if they keep doing roster expansions/random tournaments after they get the new TV deal

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

Remember when Dean basically carried

no never

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I'm sure this has been complained about, but I just watched Table for 3 with Bischoff, Hayes, and Cornett. So you have those three guys at the table, and the only worthwhile material you can get out of them adds up to 19 minutes? Get the gently caress out of here. (Also, it should have been Heyman instead of Hayes.)

I know all the episodes are that long, and it applies to all of them. It should be an hour long show, and even then it would probably feel short.

Not worthwhile, just stuff they felt comfortable airing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Realistically here, does Bryan have any incentive whatsoever now to stick around after his deal's up next year?

Gonna ask this again because holy lol if, within a week, he gets to see both Talking Smack (a show he really really enjoyed doing) get cancelled abruptly and a guy in somehow even worse physical condition than him be cleared to wrestle before him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

If Dixie does show up tonight is that bigger or smaller than Bischoff in 02? Seems pretty comparable imo

It's easily much funnier than the Bischoff moment ever could have been

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

You might as well argue that the US Title is above the World Title

It has been since at least when Bray was champ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Klauser posted:

With how accessible all of the WWE performers are, and how much we know about their personal lives...not to mention when WWE uses their personal lives in storylines when it suits them and how much they go into them on all of these documentary specials/WWE 24s/reality shows they do...

I am finding it harder and harder to buy into any kind of kayfabe love story/marital issues thing they try to sell me on.

It's hard to watch Lana and Rusev profess their love for each other on Total Divas, then the next day believe she wants to bang Dolph or Enzo or whatever...

Last week they show that special with Kurt talking about getting his life back together and taking care of his kids, now what if he reveals he's been having some kind of affair or something...seems lame to me, and bizzare on so many levels.

I know if you zoom out far enough it's no different than any other story...like we know KO and Sami don't REALLY hate each other, but the love story stuff just feels different to me, not sure why.

I can't believe Kurt's been having an affair with Dixie, and Bayley's their child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/886994781011943425

• Locked thread