Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this character select thing for between rounds is hilarious. f champs' bio is gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol the guy that max ko'd is a really cool dude from next level in nyc that i've played b4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What are they playing dbz on? Xbox is the promotional platform but i see guys plugging in sticks and i cant imagine they're just all KI guys

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

raocow posted:

I know she's not very popular, but I love it when Jack-O just gets going and the screen is just filled with tiny minions

Jacko slayer is very pro jacko too. Slayer cant easily escape on her in the corner and if any minions are behind him he basically cant dandy step or risk getting hit out of it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol at this faust who plays with a bag on his head

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cmon bears. beat dogura i believe

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

goo bears! good win

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

attackmole posted:

congrats bears

gettin that dogura monkey off your back and get top 8 in the same match.

he still needs to win one more

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bear > raven

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ggs baers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is rion at this evo? i didnt see him all day

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

attackmole posted:

Nah don't think so.

gently caress hes so much fun when hes playing that flawless ky

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

They're called Meitenkun but I don't fuckin know he has pillows and poo poo

hes just a sleepy dude

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kof final is a nailbiter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When is xrd top8?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Eh

No

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

heres the guilty top 8 upload in case you missed it and you think injustice is super boring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtbC8YkPBuI

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is there a gif of him popping off?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

found the fchamp stick drama upload

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw1DVBypNb4

edit:beaten

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

smash bros would be better if it was like a doubles thing. 1v1 no items final destination is almost as boring as nrs games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gologle posted:

Terry Bogard's face is the essence of salt right now.

some one should ask if hes ok

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

melty gets rebooted between matches

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

darealkooky thank you for making me laugh talking about american resets in the twitch chat. feels good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Go1 red melon melty gf. Starting now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

how many players are left in mahvel right now? just tuning in after the GO1 beatdown in mb

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doorknob Slobber posted:

why are people yelling at each other on the stage what is happening

no coaching allowed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this smash match is unwatchable

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the fox runs back and forth
the puff just hops on and off the edge

for like 4.5 minutes straight

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SFV has different rules and new characters every 2 months so its going to have more shake up than a game that a few thousand people failed out of college to get good at and hasn't changed since

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dragongem posted:

Wait why does smash hate EVO

Perceived disrespect

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is smash 4 designed more around no items 1v1 or recognize competitive play at all?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dias posted:

It has a competitive online mode and while it's still designed as a party game Nintendo actually bothered doing balancing based on no items 1v1 and poo poo. It's just that it's not Melee and unlike Capcom games there's cash in the old-rear end game still.

Thats cool. Good on nintendo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ventana posted:

I can't tell if you're talking about playerbase or viewerbase with this, but in either case this solution doesn't feel right. Like, I'd agree with this if we were talking about what *we* would like to see as Melee viewers, but afaik Melee viewership in general isn't like rapidly declining. And I don't think the playerbase is at all related to this either. If you were going to get into Melee or not, I don't actually think Stock/Timer issues are the barriers that would be in the way (like, say, Technology issues or general High Skill gap would be).

We can already see this in the FGC too, with something like the MVC2 360/PS3 port being weird so some mvc2 players didn't want to play on it.

Chris g nearly had a stroke when he heard marvel3 is on ps4 with different input delay

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ArbitraryC posted:

It's weird how people always complain about the melee community being bad but the only time i see the game brought up it's just long whining screeds about how people who found a party game with some really interesting mechanics decided to come together and agree on some rules that let them play 1v1's in a competitive fashion.

Melee is a fun and great game both competitively and as a party game, my friends and I naturally played with no items and limited stages when we got into it because it's such an obvious and natural transition if you've ever actually spent a significant amount of time playing the game. We still sometimes dicked around with max pokeballs 2v2's or w/e too, the game has built in options so you can use them.

Boring ugly injustice is better than melee sorry.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

We Know Catheters posted:

I've never seen Blazblue before and the characters are indistinguishable from other games.

There are a lotta guys in karate outfits in other games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I hope somebody gets a good archive of the Disney broadcast, I wanna see what their commentary is like

i'm watching it. the pair is not really selling the hype well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the arena has like 300 people in it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Twitch viewership has dropped from 107k for tekken to like 79k for this lol

a few people probably turned on the tv if they have one maybe

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this smash is 40,000 times more watchable than the other, worse smash

Adbot