Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

It's been a little while since the great name change megathread. Do you even remember your old name?

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
yeah it was even worse

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
yeah but that name owes your mom child support

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I only see forward. The past is so far behind, i don't consider it even happened. Any meaning can be ascribed to anything, perspective is everything.

When you ask me my past name, I can't help but shake my head. You have so much to learn in this world, kid.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The names I can remember having are

Oil Can Boyd
rhubarb creampie
Iggy Koopa
Celluloid Sam
Sid Delicious

There were probably others

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My name was Pope Mobil. I'll never forget it.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Names were big in the 00s. You all remember the phrase; "Him name was Bob Hopkins." In the 10's, name theorists named many name theories, but most only care to remember three, or if you're a pedant, two.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Names were big in the 00s. You all remember the phrase; "Him name was Bob Hopkins." In the 10's, name theorists named many name theories, but most only care to remember three, or if you're a pedant, two.

I thought him name was Hopkins green frog?

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

A handy mnemonic: pen names are what you call yourself. names are what others call you.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

There's another poster running around with the exact name I had on here when I registered and I do a double take every time I see it

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

You're right, i was thinking of Bob Hoskins because I loved the Super Mario Brothers Movie, and also of that, and that chuck palanhuik movie, i can never remember the name.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

A handy mnemonic: pen names are what you call yourself. names are what others call you.

My pen name is "god drat it. stupid. STUPID"

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

You're right, i was thinking of Bob Hoskins because I loved the Super Mario Brothers Movie, and also of that, and that chuck palanhuik movie, i can never remember the name.

It's called Guts and actually its an anime

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Cubone posted:

My pen name is "god drat it. stupid. STUPID"

Mine is also depressing it's you piece of stupid fat poo poo

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Lowtax

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

lol yeah Guts was great. "RIP AND TEAR!"

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I'm watching anime right now

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

HAT FETISH posted:

There's another poster running around with the exact name I had on here when I registered and I do a double take every time I see it

I've had this experience. I used to co-mod an embarassing-to-moderate wiki alongside someone with the handle "futacream". Very jarring.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

unpleasantly turgid posted:

I've had this experience. I used to co-mod an embarassing-to-moderate wiki alongside someone with the handle "futacream". Very jarring.

This isn't surprising in the least but I still wanna know what the wiki was for

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

maybe they spelled fulcrum badly

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Sid Vicious posted:

I'm watching anime right now

Every time I see you, I think of Goku Pants.
I guess this is fitting.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Beefcurtains
Dirk Squarejaw
We are the Funyuns*
Retard Tranny
Exceptional Transperson**

*made the mistake of letting FAU rename me
**I posted outside GBS and was given a new PC name

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

apropos of nothing i hope applewhite is having a nice vacation from the internet

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
my name has always been endield, since i first saw it scratched on the ancient cave walls i was exploring (im an archeologust)

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

Sid Vicious posted:

This isn't surprising in the least but I still wanna know what the wiki was for

This simply won't do. It's nice to see you again, though, Sid.

What anime are you watching?

maybe they spelled fulcrum badly

...this was the missing piece all along.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Mammal Sauce posted:

Yeah, that was a mistake. The people he gave the good names to probably changed them or were lurkers and never posted much.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Jigoku Shoujo

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “friend of the family balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of fyad humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

just pretend i crossposted the dendygate redtext images from the race war thread

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

It's been a little while since the great name change megathread. Do you even remember your old name?

I've only posted 300 times in 13 years. Nope.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Funny story about my old name is it was based on the first online name I had, which I made in my early teens so it was super immature. I happened to be paired up with a girl I had a crush on. We talked on the phone about the assignment and she told me her AIM name so I could chat with her. When she saw my AIM name she made fun of me and asked me if I chose that to compensate for something.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

some guy on the bus posted:

Yeah, that was a mistake. The people he gave the good names to probably changed them or were lurkers and never posted much.

FAU named me, too.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Mammal Sauce posted:

Beefcurtains
Dirk Squarejaw
We are the Funyuns*
Retard Tranny
Exceptional Transperson**

**I posted outside GBS and was given a new PC name
you're the poster I was alluding to in my post btw. tell Bill Williams i said hi

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

Is this poo poo gonna follow me around now?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
idiots

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It has always been soy I avoid name change bullshit like the plague.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Globo-Corp
Globo-Hitler III
Light-Bearer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005