Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
battle royale loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Beans posted:

Is there any leveling or stats in the PUBG mode?

I'm hoping the rewards for winging are only cosmetic, but it is f2p.

It's very bare bones at the moment. You can't even pick your character model.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm streaming! Come watch for 15 minutes while you log in.

https://www.twitch.tv/agoat

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

I mean there's like 10 items in the game so it's not very hard to know whats good

He's talking about picking up what he actually wants in a pile of items.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
In PUBG I'd tell people to people in order to get better, you're going to have to play overly aggressive for a while. The same applies here. Go for kills instead of first place, you'll learn how to play to a point where you can properly form a game plan.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Snak posted:

That sounds pretty reasonable. I'm just having trouble trading AR shots at ranges where my crosshairs covers the target.

I also wish that melee wasn't so completely useless. It would help the "didn't find a gun for 5 minutes" problem if getting the drop on soneone meant you could beat them.

Don't go full auto. Tap at range. Also try landing on roofs with guns on them.

Edit: I stream in the evenings if you'd like to stop in and watch. I can explain what I do.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

TJChap2840 posted:

Tapping at range doesn't work well on the "M16". They really need to fix that weapon. The burst fire (looks kind of like an AK) AR does a lot of work though.

I can usually hit a shot or two per burst, and apparently each shot does the same damage as a semi-auto? It's odd and very expensive to shoot.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
The game really just needs a bit more mobility. Less hip fire spread and movement penalties when shooting would add a lot.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

TJChap2840 posted:

Not trying to imply that the map is too small but he map is too small for vehicles.

I agree with less hip fire spread but I don't mind the movement while shooting.

I mistyped. I want less restrictions on movement but I also played Halo for a decade so lol

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

AndrewP posted:

what's gunplay bloom? like spread?

Yeah, exactly that. It should be called "reticle bloom" but it refers to the spread of the bullets.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
It needs a buff in accuracy but could stand to do less damage.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Just had an awesome match where we got to final zone in a building we helped shape up.

Ended up as a 4v1. We absolutely dominated.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
What would you guys consider to be the "minimum" needed to win a game of Fortnite?

In PUBG I consider the game over if I got to final circles without level 2 gear and a kitted out AR. This game requires less loot but more resources overall. It's neat.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Should we have a separate thread for Battle Royale?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

BadLlama posted:

I assume the answer is no, but can you play split screen co-op on the console in this?

You can not.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I really want to like this game but I HAAAATE dealing with building.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

teagone posted:

Same, I couldn't stop laughing.

Building is the name of the game. BUILD OR DIE.

But really, the easiest structure to build once you're taking fire is just putting up a ramp and wall in front of it. If you're initiating a fight, build up ramps to get better a vantage point and cover. Simple. Being able to do that puts you ahead of a lot other players tbh. Also bind keys for each building structure.

I didn't realize I could bind keys like that. Is there a guide for fighting against buildings?

humpthewind posted:

If you're content ending somewhere in the 10-40 range every game, you can get away with minimal building in this game. I can consistently get in that range only building ramps for convenience.

I'll never be happy on any game :(

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
purple crossbow owns

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

LuciferMorningstar posted:

This is what pushed me to file for a refund. They had a good foundation and had they just trimmed off some of the dumb grinding bullshit and finished story mode, they could have pushed it out the door and pivoted to BR. Instead they're doing... whatever this is...

H1Z1 did the same thing. I'd have been mad if I didn't make double my purchase price back over some random $10 crates.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
20 man teams is the best mode

Change my mind

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

50 vs 50 is even more insane of both teams drop opposit of each other.

I didn't get to try that. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I thought it is supposed to have cross all platform progression but no cross platform play outside mobile platforms. Even with PC and consoles you just have PS4-PC cross play in gimped party mode only.

Eh?

If only Sony didn't suck rear end and played nice with other consoles.

• Locked thread