Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Let's talk about Horror movies we like and make fun of the bad ones we watch anyway.

I'll start:

I recently watched all 9 hellraiser movies and I think they are by far the worst series of horror movies that made it past 5. Hellraiser 5-9 are truly horrible and a pain to get through.

Hellraiser 5: 17 seconds of pinhead in the movie. A cop is in purgatory. The end

Hellraiser 6: 12 seconds of pinhead in the movie. A cop is in purgatory. The end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Hellraiser 7: a cop is in purgatory. Absolutely no pinhead in this movie.

Hellraiser 8: no pinhead... it's set in an MMORPG

Hellraiser 9: a 62 minute found footage hellraiser movie.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I've watched over 100 horror movies this year already

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Friday 13th 1: good slasher flick. Pamela is a slay queen (YAAAaSS lol)

Friday 2: bag Head retard Jason

Friday 3: he finds the mask. Killing the fat kid obsessed with chocolate is an all time classic

Friday 4: tommy Jarvis is a kid. I think this has crispin glover saying "Hey ted... where the hell is corkscrew!"

Friday 5: it isn't Jason but a paramedic in the mask who moves and acts and kills just like Jason. Tommy is back. An autistic retard is brutally slaughtered at autism camp

Friday 6: my personal favorite. Tommy is a badass and causes Jason to become immortal. Jason has a utility belt. It's really good

Friday 7: Tina! Tina! Tina!!!!

Friday 8: Jason punches a black guys head off a skyscraper and then gets melted by toxic New York sewage and reverts back into a child and then glows briefly, before disappearing like Star Trek.

Friday 9: Jason is only in this for 10 minutes. A good opening followed by the most boring godawful Friday movie. There is a mystical "vorhees dagger" that someone sends Jason to hell. This is only introduced in the last 5 minutes

Jason X: better than any movie Hollywood has made in the last 20 years

Jason remake: godawful. No good kills. Not even worth watching for completionist sake

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Hellraiser 4: pinhead flies an xwing. Adam Scott plays an emo vampire across time. Pinhead blows up a space ship

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Hellraiser 3: pinhead is a horney statue. He demands pussy. He turns into an ice cube in a drink and flies out and stabs someone as ice. There is a cenobite who shoots cds

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Hellraiser 2: Hellraiser 1, seriously it's Hellraiser 1 with uh worse story and there's some good body horror.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Hellraiser: uncle frank loves sex and pain equally and comes back as a corpse who demands blood. It's still pretty drat good and the effects still look good today. I'd say it's a must see if you haven't seen it

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

its amazing to watch jason 1 and then jason x with none of the other movies in between

lol that would be crazy, you wouldn't know who Jason was

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Wasn't one of the Hellraiser films released to one theatre where the cast and crew bought all the tickets for all the showings so that the studio could keep the rights

5-9 were straight to video

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Nightmare on Elm Street 1: Fantastic, a near perfect horror movie. Freddy says "Bitch" a lot and is a total loving freak. 10/10 also:

A scene was cut in which Freddy Krueger calls protagonist Nancy Thompson "a friend of the family". [26] The scene was cut amidst a great deal of protest on the part of Craven and the producers, however the studio refused to let the movie go to screen with the slur intact. [27][28][30] It was uncommon in the 1980s for white characters to be referred to by these terms. [citation needed]

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Anyone see Waxworks from 1988? It's got the guy from Gremlins in it and is a wacky Lil horror comedy but the 2nd one is pretty bad.

I want to see them

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Hellraiser 10 should have the cube be a fidget spinner

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Zartosht posted:

The later Hellraisers aren't that bad, there's always at least some interesting weird things. Like in the past segment of part 4 when they summon the demon by skinning this chick alive and having it fill up the empty skin, all rendered with sick practical effects.

Also part 9 does not take place in an MMO, but does have Lance Henrikson sardonically quipping while murdering teenagers.

Part 8 is the MMO one and yes it does. Part 9 is found footage. You should be banned for saying 5-9 aren't that bad. gently caress you!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I disagree, the straight-to-video Hellraisers are that bad. 5 and 6 both desperately tried to be clever thrillers and ended up feeling like cheap Jacob's Ladder wannabes, 7 was a plodding slog (or a slogging plod?) 8 was fan film level garbage and 9... well, Hellraiser 9 is just plain the worst movie I think I've ever seen.

I'll agree about the practical effects in 4 being good, at least.

yeah the pinhead in a space ship stuff was absolutely incredible compared to 5-9

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

http://theringmastersrealm.blogspot.com/2016/01/hellraiser-revelations-2011.html

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Nightmare on elm street is the most consistently incredible horror series

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Watch 8 and 9 if you saw the first 7 lol. They are pure torture.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

just ordered this

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

My sister tortured me when we were kids by exclusively watching the shittiest horror movies ever, like the Jason sequels

Every Jason movie is good except 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Do you remember that old 80s movie about the uh, living oil slick? that eats the teenagers stuck on a diving dock in a pond. My sister put that on like every week for a whole summer lmfao

Lol no but now I want to see this

• Locked thread