Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Considering how deeply it's ingrained in this era of WWF/E anyone else wanna see Rarity look at Heroes of Wrestling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I feel like, much like the AE Podcast did, there are points where it would actually be cool to diverge off and do non WWF/E stuff to get a lay of the land as it moves forward.

Like, Starrcade 1997 would be interesting, as would Bash at the Beach 2000 (again both done by AEPodcast), but poo poo like the very first RAW/Smackdown, Heroes of Wrestling, Beyond the Mat etc.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Marmaduke! posted:

I keep thinking the interviewer is Val Venis

Well Andre you remind me of myself. Ya know.......we're both BIG where it counts heh heh heh

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Jake, you and I have one thing in common

YA KNOW

we both wait for the right time....to unLEASH the thick python

heh heh heh

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Ya know, I kinda talked poo poo about this project going nowhere at the end of the first thread but I have to give total kudos to Rarity for legit giving this, pretty insane, project a drat good shot.

I'm legit shocked it's come as far as it has.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I don't know if it was discussed in Thread 1 but how knowledgeable are you of WWE and from what era? Attitude era on?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Maybe I'm listening to the wrong sources but I was always under the assumption that, while popular with kids, the Bushwackers were pretty much hated by a good portion of fans.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

I know the answer is 'lol WCW' but why would they want to gently caress with one of their biggest stars?

I recommend highly to check out Death of WCW.

As others said, Herd, for some odd reason, hated Flair. IIRC from the book I think it had to do with how much Flair was making, I think he was pretty highly paid and Herd was basically a Terminator focused on cutting costs. Plus Flair didn't respect a lot of his stupid as gently caress rules.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
My favorite Herd rule was not allowing family backstage.

There was literally no good reason why, Herd was just a miserable rear end who wanted OL SCHOOL WRASLING or some poo poo.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Herd's sole wrestling connection had been station manager where Wrestling at the Chase was broadcast in St. Louis. He didn't know much about the business.

Herd's only old-school approach was being a skinflint. He was the one who came up with the Ding Dongs, Hunchbacks, Big Josh, Norman and a whole load of horrible, horrible gimmicks.

Didn't he also ban all top rope moves? As I recall they all became instant DQ or something and his reason was "They'll have more impact!"

That sure was cool for the cruiserweights

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Who was it that had the idea to tie performance to bonuses? Like the better you worked a match the more you got paid. I remember it worked pretty great from an in ring perspective but the finances were hurting bad. I think that was who Herd replaced since he had such a hard on for cutting costs.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The story where Sid ran away screaming from the building after a woman touched him with a fake prop knife (after being literally told it was a prop knife) is my favorite wrestling story ever.

Sid is literally grown up Harold from Hey Arnold.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
If it's not thread hijacking Rarity, I'd like to add maybe the WCW or WWE game reviews of the games that come out around the time of the PPV's you are reviewing, similar to Gavok's look at the comics, there shouldn't be a huge amount IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Oh god yes please make this a thing! I love when you guys add extra content.

Sweet, the first one will arrive when you hit 1992 in the timeline.

Get ready for the WWF Game Boy action.