Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toOFtj66xoE

Daniel Bryan Time Traveller.

Though, in fairness, it might be Torgo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Stan Hansen's whole run in WWF is No Holds Barred. A lot of people think he's one of the best brawlers of all time... I don't think he's up there with Cactus, or Brody or Funk. Of course I've never loving seen the seminal masterpiece of cinema known as No Holes Barred, because why on Earth would I do that to myself?

Also, good job on this thread Rarity.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 28, 2017

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Wasn't most of Hansen's good work in Japan?

Yeah. I've seen some 70's tapes of Hansen in M'urica. There's a great early 70's match-up of him vs. Andre, where Big DRE da Giant hits a badass top-rope dropkick.

If you want to see the brutal insanity of Stan Hansen, look up that Japan match where he pulls out Vader's eye.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Venomous posted:

Didn't he have a run in the 70s and early 80s, including a fair few matches with Bruno? idk

Yeah. I'm not really sure of the details but I seen footage.

My favorite part of the Three Kingdoms was when Xaiyou Dun pulled the arrow out of his eye, said, this was a gift given to me by my ancestors, no enemy can have it, and then he ate his own eyeball, continuing to fight.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 30, 2017

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

I remember being seven, in a hotel in Lubbock Texas, and zoning the gently caress out when Zeus was fighting Hogan on SNME. When you're seven and you've got X-Pac heat for the top star of the company, that company is in trouble. That's exactly when i switched over and stopped caring about WWF as a kid.

Around the same time as the whole Hogan vs Zeus feud was going on, I remember watching Flair vs Funk and Flair, Muta, Sting, Luger and the Road Warriors and Steiners have a round robin tournament on the other wrestling show. I remember watching WCW until well.... Hogan showed up and turned everything to poo poo again.

So I ask this... Was I the only kid who hated Hulk Hogan?

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Dec 2, 2017

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Gong.

Randaconda posted:

Of course, I'm in the south, so that might have something to do with it.

Same. Flair country.

IIRC as a kid I thought Macho was the good guy in the Megapowers fued. Whenever a guy wins 100 percent of the time, he's no longer the good guy, he's the evil empire. oval office Hogan, Golden State, The Yankees.. Root for them and I'll question your character.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Hey Rarity.

Watch the Flair vs Steamboat trilogy from 1989. They're the best matches of the 80s. Some argue they're the best matches of all time.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

It was a pity that Savage was so inextricably linked to Hogan throughout his career. Like in WCW, using Savage in Ed Leslie's spot was ridiculous and added up as one of the reasons I quit watching wrestling around 94. That and cartoon hero Hogan ruining my program when I just wanted to see poo poo like Flair and Arn vs The Hollywood Blondes.

Macho should have been top face of WWF for awhile is all.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

TL posted:

Repo Man is one of those gimmicks that should not work in any way, but Barry Darsow committed himself to the role so much that it worked better than it had any right to. I’d almost wish he got more of a push, but then I remember how limited he was as a worker.

He was given... You dress like the Hamburgler, and burgle things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Luger's able to have good main event matches in late 80's WCW.

Luger's also able to be freakin hilarious as the heel best friend and tag partner of babyface Sting in the mid 90s.

He's lovely, but he's one of my boys. When I was a kid he got in my face during a match with Brian Pillman. He told me to sit down or my mama was next. I sat down.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jul 28, 2018