Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh yeah, Dibiase fits that pretty nicely too. Sure he could work hard for it, and he's got the talent... but why not just take the easy road and pay somebody else to do the dirty work instead!

That's one of the cornerstones of the Million Dollar Man's character, really. He's a rich douchebag heel... who is actually talented. So when it comes time for the face to finally get his hands on the heel and get justice, he still has a fight on his hands. It made all of his matches suspenseful, and the guy's got charisma for days in that role so he did a great job of making the audience want to see him lose anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Randaconda posted:

Man, I love the Honky Tonk Man

Rewatching that match, I gotta give Honky credit. He was selling his rear end off.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I think Dusty vs a very, very young (and less roided up)Luger from 1987 does a great job of showing off just how over Dusty was. WWE today would kill for these pops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Y_pQb0EjM

I hope his upcoming work is enough to sway you a bit Rarity.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Shiki Dan posted:

I have a feeling you're eventually going to change your position on Bossman.

As a crossover, here's the WWF debut of Zeus, as well as possibly Bossman's best singles match ever and definitely one of Hogan's best--their steel cage match on May 27th, 1989 SNME (THREE AND 3/4 STARS by Meltzer)

(match starts around 30:00 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4o7Tc3QZvU

I saw Bossman and Perfect do a singles match in a house show in Des Moines in like 1988, and it was great. Perfect ragdoll sold everything, and they did a spot where Bossman threw him at the corner so hard that he slid under the turnbuckles and racked himself on the ringpost. It was pretty drat good.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Nov 14, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Randaconda posted:

I wonder if Jake and Scott Hall are still clean.

God bless DDP, seems to be one of the few really decent guys in wrasslin'. :unsmith:

They're still hanging out with DDP, so that suggests good things! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

The Widowmaker was very good wrestler Barry Windham in very much "Phoning it in and don't give a gently caress" mode, so...it's probably best you missed the Widowmaker

For further fun, note that Windham is Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas' uncle, on their mom's side.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Also, since I can't remember where it was in the timeline so I'll throw it behind tags are we at the point where he took that superlex off the cage against Hogan on SNME because that was ridiculous by today's standards, much less back then.

:siren: https://media.giphy.com/media/TePUCSnhcUKf6/giphy.gif :siren: