Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

as if I wanted to serve in the military anyways lol

where is the big uproar of people thinking people would just call out being tran to dodge draft? seems a billion times more likely than the bathroom skit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Trans is the new disruption in the military world

It's HOT!!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
transgender thread is somewhere between good and bad

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

gary oldmans diary posted:

transgender thread is somewhere between good and bad

Ofc, it's transitioning

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Makes sense to me.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Come to the Lol thread, we bask in the reflected orange glow of our great Hero.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
yeah this is definitely what ... we need... to be focusing on... actual problems affecting all 9.3 people in the entire US military ... or you know... anything else... dot dot dot

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
what the heck.. gotta read the tweets upsidedown!!!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
can someone edit the image so the tweets are in the right order please

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

lol just lol if you dont have dyslexia

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Secretary of Defense Mattis is currently on holiday, btw. That's gotta be a fun phone call to take on vacation. "Hey, uh, we gotta discharge a few thousand people, the President did a tweet"

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Secretary of Defense Mattis is currently on holiday, btw. That's gotta be a fun phone call to take on vacation. "Hey, uh, we gotta discharge a few dozen people, the President did a tweet"

ftfy

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i think they should go a step further and ban circumcised soldiers too

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

no, it's thousands

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
RAND places it at 4k total - 2.5k active, 1.5k reserve.

Is there some underlying reason, or is it just plain old fashioned bigotry?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

about 14,000 lol tonetta nice bullshit post game recognize game

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
Another Trump thread, just what gbs needs. Hooray

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Between this and military types floating the bringing the draft back around:

Finally, the crypto-commie-liberal conspiracy to make everybody gay trans is coming to fruition. I for one would like to thank everybody for their hard work, and I hope that 2017 continues to be so successful.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

IPCRESS posted:

It might be to limit coverage of some poo poo he's gonna do later today, like maybe he's gonna fire Sessions and wanted the news to have two things to talk about so they couldn't focus on Sessions.

On the other hand, Trump's swiss cheese brain is hosed so who knows.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

IPCRESS posted:

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/890202683721863168

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

IPCRESS posted:

Stated reason is the cost of gender reassignment health care costs. These actual costs are estimated to be less than half a percent of the health care costs for the military. I would say this is the same argument that is trotted out when people try to cut funding to Planned Parenthood. Don't want tax dollars going to something I find gross/against my moral code.

It's garbage. We will look back on this time in the same way we are starting to look at Jim Crow.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't know the military spent that much on willy doctors. Sounds like a 3am drunk tweet imo. :shrug:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i think Donald Trump should not let Goombas serve in the army

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

15 thousand

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
this is a distraction, OP. keep your eyes peeled tho u little sadist

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

something big is happening. check the hotsheets.

*loads up /pol/*

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

This makes sense

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
The Democrats were already split with Sanders & Clinton, Trump is playing 4D chess by driving more wedges into the DNC

e: But we all know who's really at work here...

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm all for this, get those trans out of the military and into schools and hospitals and boy scout troops so our children can see they are just like the rest of us. Trump is allowing trans people to become integrated into society and normalizing them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I'm all for this, get those trans out of the military and into schools and hospitals and boy scout troops so our children can see they are just like the rest of us. Trump is allowing trans people to become integrated into society and normalizing them.
This is extremely inaccurate.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
you get banned for the military for a ton of medical reasons: autism, adhd, etc. being trans seems like it would interfere more then alot of them. dont really have an issue with this.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

SickZip posted:

you get banned for the military for a ton of medical reasons: autism, adhd, etc. being trans seems like it would interfere more then alot of them. dont really have an issue with this.

my buddy enlisted in the navy and was kicked out of boot camp after an eye exam. turns out this cones in his eyes are too hosed up to serve even though he can see fine without corrective lenses.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

SickZip posted:

weird how it didnt start affecting their capability before today

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

your hero is dumb in he head

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

SickZip posted:

Being trans isn't a medical issue and doesn't impede a person's ability to serve in the military in any way, just like being Chinese, a woman, or having blonde hair has no bearing on aptitude.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

the democrats have been playing The White Man's Burden card on trans activism but the problem with that is that most people don't give a poo poo. its something the democrats are absolutely going to waste their time and political capital on fighting and like 9 out of 10 people truly and honestly do not give a single gently caress. please do not take this post as an attempt to say that most people hate trans people, but people do not care about them enough to be willing to go to bat politically for it and it is not an issue that will push people to go out and vote over it. it and all other identity politics is an auxillary time waster the democrats used to avoid talking about real issues

as for the military the military was never going to let trans people into the military anyways. like not only would most trans people probably not want to go into the military but their medical standards likely would exclude anyone having to go through hormone therapy, aka literally every trans person. but of course it is an issue of bigotry, not just organizational goals that don't align with a minority population's lifestyle requirements

since this is a Big Deal and trump is personally going out of his way to attack trans people instead of this being a clearly beneficial political maneuver, tune in to Late Night with John Oliver to get the hottest scoops on what opinion you're supposed to have on this matter - spoilers, it's 'really mad'

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Being trans isn't a medical issue and doesn't impede a person's ability to serve in the military in any way, just like being Chinese, a woman, or having blonde hair has no bearing on aptitude.

what about medical complications from hormones

also i have a question

what happened to drag queens
when did a man wearing womens clothing become an issue of gender and not an issue of personal strangenss
drag queens dont have medical complications from hormones
military drag queens are ok

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

what about medical complications from hormones

also i have a question

what happened to drag queens
when did a man wearing womens clothing become an issue of gender and not an issue of personal strangenss
drag queens dont have medical complications from hormones
military drag queens are ok

they got thrown under the bus by identity politics because they aren't nearly as hot button an issue as gay marriage or women with dicks taking a piss. hell i wouldn't be surprised if the democrat hivemind has actually turned on drag queens and thinks they are problematic appropriations of femininity and endemic of straight white privilege

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
1. It costs the military an inordinate amount of money per soldier for TG vs non even on average. Comparing this to equipment costs or services is not equivalent.
2.The TG op results in the soldier being put on a long term medical profile, and the op has severe side effects that impair performance and readiness, often spanning the entire length of a soldier's contract and beyond.
3. The military is a fighting force for projecting global power and defense, not a social justice experiment.
4. Service is (currently) voluntary and a privilege, not a right.
5. Standards of combat fitness, are discriminatory, at all levels of service. These standards should be exclusionary as possible, depending on need, to result in the most effective, mission ready soldiers possible. This in and of itself saves lives, completes objectives and projects force lethality to our would - be enemies.

bet your liberal-marxist indoctrination never taught you that huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Excuse me if my ignorance is showing, but how is a trans person undergoing the gender confirmation process not a medical issue? At the very least, the storage and administering of hormones seems to be thematically similar to a diabetic with their insulin, which is a condition which for the most part precludes people from serving.

• Locked thread