Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
:frogsiren: House Party is back :frogsiren:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/611790/House_Party/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

i love you

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

HOW DID WE ALL MISS THIS??

http://store.steampowered.com/app/666020

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Kragger99 posted:

Are those the in-game portraits?
If so, I hope they got permission to re-use artwork from the Dragonlance Chronicles.

I KNEW I recognized that dude:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

That puzzle looks less like a DEEP INTRICATE LOGIC-REQUIRING TEST OF WITS and more like one of those puzzles who's answer is in the manual that the devs added in as a form of copy protection.
Betrayal at Krondor had the best riddle-chests which makes me wonder how many he plagiarized from here: https://notendur.hi.is/eybjorn/krondor/riddtest.html

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Raged posted:

Stupid question, but I am writing up my weekly pub trivia and was trying to figure out the total number of games available of steam. I went to https://steamspy.com/ and looked at the steam stats section. It there really over 2 million games on steam or am I looking at the wrong info?
Heads up that no one is going to know what Steam is and you'll look like a huge dork.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sivek posted:

Also someone tell me the best dungeon-crawlers on steam that have turn-based combat and aren't 15+ years old. I can't wrap my head around real-time combat in these types of games so no Grimrock or the like. I'm already well aware Grimoire is a thing that exists.

Might & Magic X is good. Dungeon Rats (isometric) is also supposed to be good but I haven't played it. Lords of Xulima is also decent.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

I'm just going to post this here to maximize exposure.

This is a bit of a stretch I'm sure, as I guess the person would have to be Canadian to trade for it.

I was wondering if someone would be willing to trade a copy of No Man's Sky (as it just went on sale on Steam) for some Humble Keys.

I have:
Offworld Trading Company
Poker Night at the Inventory
Poker Night 2
Sam & Max Season 1
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Galactic Civilizations 3
Kingdom New lands Royal Edition

Just a long shot.

Hit me up on steam if you don't have PM's
https://steamcommunity.com/id/zwethegreat

:lol:

Since you're offering worthless bundle games in exchange for a $24 game, you can simply have it for free.

No Man's Sky: 362RW-GH4M4-NEKBV

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

I give games away all the time in this thread, saw that a game was on sale, figured I'd see if anyone wanted any of the stuff I had for it. If no one wanted to go for it, it's no problem to me, I'll just give these away too.

Don't know why that's so offensive to you, but I don't really want to drop 24 bucks on No Man Sky yet. At least the other party would get something for their money.

Anyway, I won't poo poo the thread up anymore talking about this.
Actually yeah, you do give away a lot of stuff. My bad. Here's a copy of No Man's Sky to make up for it:

3AGV8-CC03Z-IGMAL

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

dmboogie posted:

Maybe they really didn't like Gat out of Hell :v:
It was exactly what I expected and for $5 (Gamestop pre-order deal I think), it was totally decent. $20 is a bit much though, yeah.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

So with Steam's new harsher region-restricting crap, if I paid someone from the UK $35 to grab me one of these keys (possibly a goon EHH WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE?!!):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Manhattan/dp/B01N2VOG00

Would I be SOL on activation?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 16, 2017

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

buglord posted:

why does wolfenstein TNO guy whisper creepily to himself all the time
Don't you remember all of the constant armchair philosophy and unnecessary introspective monologues while finding toys for a retarded man from the original Wolf3D?

It's a callback to that classic gameplay.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Telltale Games are on sale at GamersGate, including Tales of the Borderlands at a whooping 81% discount
Note that these are Telltale keys, not Steam.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

I've been procrastinating on making this for a long time but I don't think it was worth the effort:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

I was almost going to pull the trigger on Quake a few weeks back so I'm already happy. Tribes is (sadly) dead so I'm happy to have a new fast/non-CS:GO MP shooter to gently caress around with.

sauer kraut posted:

You get like 2 of the 11? heroes with that humble monthly pack, if I'm informed correctly. A ranger and some Polish guy.
I've been bamboozled!!

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 6, 2017

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Threep posted:

Also Talion was actually in the movies

That one is better left unexplained
Yeah he's actually the same person as Tom Bombadil.

QuarkJets posted:

honestly I would have been happier if shelob was just a big live action muppet and your character was also rendered as a muppet
Every game would be better with this.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Really happy this wasn't a trainwreck. People are referring to it as the real Gothic 3 so I'm pumped. Risen 1 gets a pass but everything else past G2 was dumbed-down dogshit.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

iRend posted:

Jackbox Party Pack 4 is happening. Come join in.

https://mixer.com/iRend

If you're reading this when posted you're probably Australian, like everyone else who's playing. Or perhaps Malaysian? Either way, come do it. It's a pile of laughs. And jacking off with other people multiplies the pleasure.

There's also a chat:
https://discord.gg/7e9s7f
Doesn't work it seems. Joined with the password given, left with an "AUDIENCE" banner up top and nothing.

EDIT: k now it's working. First time I've hopped in to this.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

I just beat Wolfenstein 2, I'll tidy up the side missions this weekend, but after that I'll be looking to start up a new FPS.

After perusing my library, here are the first person/shooter titles I have in my library that I've never attempted to play. Which should I load up next?

Dead Island (the original, not redux)
Metro 2033 & Last Light
RAGE
Vanishing of Ethan Carter (OG and Redux)

I get that the Metro games & RAGE are about the closest to the Wolf 2 in that list, but just going bang-bang shoot shoot isn't a huge priority. I really enjoyed the world building of Wolf 2 and don't mind putzing around inspecting corners and absorbing the environment, hence the Ethan Carter inclusion.

Any thoughts?

I recommend these and I recommend them to everyone and immediately: http://nolfrevival.tk/

NOLF1 is probably the best "modern" PC FPS ever made.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Why though? I don't mean this in a confrontational manner, it's just that I've tried getting into it two or three times and I just sort of lost interest. That was years ago though, so maybe it'll work this time?

But why?
For some reason they chose a spastic retard to play it in their showcase video.

The reasons I liked NOLF1
Level design is super tight and actually fun to run around in and explore (and that exploration is rewarded with fun little secret sets, conversations, dossiers adding to flavor, etc..)

Guns are fun to shoot and you have a large variety available

Gadgets are super unique and fun to experiment with

It's actually funny & well-written/voice acted

I guess it just feels super well-paced and honestly felt like the PC's equivalent to the N64's Goldeneye (but even better)

I wasn't as impressed with the sequel but NOLF1 is pure gold.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Mafia 1 is back: http://store.steampowered.com/app/40990/Mafia/

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Zereth posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just looking at your transaction history and adding everything up.
Yep. It also doesn't differentiate between Steambux vs actual cash (or marketplace profit).

95%+ of my total money spent was with free money I made on the marketplace.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Descent 1-3 are now back on Steam.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Quantum Break at half price - yay or nay?
Nay.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Humphreys posted:

Where are they on sale for $5?
Take a wild guess.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Knorth posted:

The ritual of the preparation gives weight to the act, rather than just being more mindless hack 'n slash. I've only played W1 though so I don't know how successful W3 is at it
It's way, way different. In W1, preparation was actually super important for fights and giving weight to the act is actually the best way to describe it, yeah. W2 lessened the importance, and W3 even moreso.

NOTE: Speaking from hardest difficulty on the entire trilogy for reference. On easy/normal difficulty, it never really mattered for any of them.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

bonds0097 posted:

This is pretty integral to the character. They're not invulnerable Batmen, they just prepare really well. In the books, Geralt is killed by a peasant with a pitchfork.

Also, you don't have to do all the question marks.

And a lot of the sidequests are some of the most well-written and engaging parts of the game.
Speaking of which: is there a map online somewhere with all of the Yellow Exclamation Points shown on it? I don't want to miss anything.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Don't side quest markers show up regardless of where you are? Some may just not be there yet because of story progress.
Nope; most of them are proximity-based so if you're cutting through the woods a lot, you can easily miss ones that take place on the road or wherever.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Trickyblackjack posted:

I came to the original Injustice a bit like you, where I had a lot of experience with character action games but pretty much none with fighters, and it was sort of a jarring experience that didn't mesh well with me.

In Bayonetta for example, in a punch-kick-punch combo you would wait for the initial punch to finish before hitting the kick button and so forth (at least that's what it felt like), which feels fluid and natural to me. But in Injustice (and I'm guessing the same goes for 2), you have to mash P-K-P before the initial punch even lands. There's probably a good reason for that, but it just put me completely off and I decided fighting games were not for me. (Though I wonder if it's the same sort of deal in Street Fighter or Tekken).

Anyways, I just wanted to throw a small warning to maybe try a demo before you buy to see if it's for you if they have one.

Edit: oh I see you bought it already. Well enjoy!
The Mortal Kombat style fighters (and Injustice) are effectively dial-a-combo. Like password key presses since the "combo" animation is already canned. Other fighters are usually more natural feeling.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Watch_Dogs 2 Gold edition is $34 on Amazon currently. Is this a Steam code or what?

https://www.amazon.com/Watch-Dogs-Content-Season-subscription-PlayStation/dp/B01GP20EMK?th=1

Uplay key. Safe bet with 95% of Ubisoft games. See DRM: Uplay underneath the price.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Morter posted:

Should I be worried that i suddenly got 3 cards for subnautica even though I haven't played it in years, according to my steam client?? :ohdear:

No??...

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

I hate how people dumped all over Street Fighter 3 at the outset in spite of it being pretty good. Mainly I recall a bunch of "Baww new cast, where's mah Chun Li" and "Baww I was tourney good at Street Fighter 2 and reject learning new mechanics"
This post is a trap and I almost fell into it.

DeathChicken posted:

Not intended as one, I just liked that game a bunch and the reasons people came up with back then to crap on it were pretty dumb.
I meant the Chun Li thing. SF3: 3S is great.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 25, 2018

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Leal posted:

What kind of hosed up forks do they use in Japan?

oh my god

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Weird question about the Dark Souls III Humble Monthly: If you redeem the base + Ashes DLC, then buy the Ring DLC from wherever's cheapest & activate it, does this specific store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/442010/DARK_SOULS_III__Season_Pass/ for the Season Pass show that you own it even though you effectively bought everything piecemeal?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Holy poo poo you guys, this Spec Ops discussion is like clockwork. Can we just pin an old thread since literally every angle or new hot take has been covered 50 billion times?

Speaking of Dark Souls III, how big's the player-base right now for anyone who's loaded it up after the monthly dropped? I still have DS2 SOFS to get through but I don't want to miss out on the DS3 MP aspect if there's currently a surge. Waiting until that Ring DLC gets a discount to snag before I load it up for the first time. When was that Steam Valentine's Day sale supposed to kick off? Can't find it on google at the moment.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

You can also harvest monster parts in God Eater.

more like ROD BEATER

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

He also has my favorite greatsword in the game so yes he definitely did (multiple times).

I remember having a super hard time with him too though. More than Mr. Caco if I remember right.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

For anyone who's thinking of re/playing DS1, I'd wait for the remastered edition coming out on May 25th.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Since I only buy anything that's 75% off or more (barring something super cheap base-price), I'm satisfied. Looks like we'll have to re-rank poo poo again but eh why bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

The Hidden & Dangerous series just hit Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5735/Hidden__Dangerous_Bundle/

Awesome games. Like a combination of Hitman & Rainbow Six.