Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Don't get jelly that you're not a psychic powerhouse like me. It's not all dandelions and not dying, you know.

When did you first learn of your doom?

Well, my psychic awakening didn't exactly come like anybody existed. Sure, mom had tested psi-pos, but other than being really annoying at card games, it never meant much, at least until I had my school-wide poltergeisting. Once they pinned down I was responsible, out I went as a “danger”, so, you know, good education there. Worse yet, I got sick. Psi… sick. Pun. So, AEGIS picked me up under psi-breakers, at least they would find somebody who could help me with my issues.

The Santiago Foundation.

Where did you get your sanctuary?

It turns out the Santiago Foundation helps people like me as part of their charitable tax-writeoff... er, I mean. Because corporations are the best and mean well for everybody! I mean, I’m grateful, the costs aren’t something my parents could ever afford, like the suit, which allows me to go out. My immune system is really weak, and the medicines only do so much. There’s the Clean Room, where I can… be myself for a bit. The suit channels my psionic feedback. They say they’re experimenting with that kind of thing all the time, and with it, I can do what I can to save other people’s lives. I know they try and softball it, but I know I’ve only got so much time left. I wasn’t exactly expecting on getting backed when I asked about being a superhero.

Well. “A positive representation of the Psychic-American community.”, as the Foundation would put it. But they were all for it. Publicizes their good works, you know? Wasn't exactly going to fight them on it. A least I don't have to wear a logo or anything.

But when I asked for the truckbusting fists on my suit, I wasn’t expecting to get them. … maybe I should have asked for a forever kitten while I was at it? (I'd probably catch some kitty pox from it now, though...)

Why do you oppose your nemesis?

White says that the suit is just holding me back. Yeah, I’ll get right out, Mr. White, let’s go on a happy life of crime oh whoops, I just died of like a thousand illnesses, do I still get my share of the money we just stole from the puppy orphanage? Foundation kind of alerted me to him trying to rob one of their facilities and I was able to catch up to him on his way out, but he’s like a psychic kung-fu master and I got to be the big tough dork he lays out to prove his skill. Keeps talking about my potential, gross.

Fine. You know, I can deal with getting owned. But trying to break my suit, to try and pull it off. I kind of went berserk, then. He parted ways after that. “Parted ways” is nice person talk for saying he tucked his buns and ran, of course. But I owe the Foundation a thing or two, and more than that… if I can beat somebody like him in psychic warfare, maybe I have more control over them than I think. Maybe there's hope.

Pfffftahahahaha nah. Maybe. Seems legit?

Who, outside the of the team, is crucial to defeating your nemesis?

Won Eun-jae is my psychic trainer from AEGIS. Apparently she works in psychic crimes, but she's the one who's helped me really get a handle on my powers. She's got a really good mind castle, which I'm sure doesn't mean she's hiding anything, but for now, I need her help. I don't want her help, but... ugh. I get tried of breaking things with my thought. When I bring up White, there's... a reaction, so I'm pretty much she knows him, but won't tell me anything.

I'll get it sooner or later. I just need to put up with esper training until I'm ready to brain-barf.

Why does the team matter to you?

Maybe if I have some others at my side, maybe… they can pick up the slack for me. Yeah, totally lazy, you’re thinking, but maybe they can help me keep it together a little longer if I don’t have to push so hard. Plus, a big psychic glowy weirdo like me just has friends lining up at the door, right? Sure. I'm gonna be Homecoming Queen. Once they let me back in a school, anyway. Tutors, ugh.

How are you getting dragged (on a journey) to hell?

When I heard about another group of heroes running into White, I tracked Kon down. I mean, I'd run into him in the hero scene a few times, but I didn't know him. When he talked to me, he said I really need to talk to Raiken about the Foundation, but won't say what about. Problem is, Raiken's in hell.

Really? Hell? One, doesn't exist. Mind, I believe that she's been taken somewhere, sure, and probably real dangerous. So... I have to help. But something feels bad about this, like... like I shouldn't ask. My ESP's pretty much bottom-barrel and I still feel like I'm making a real bad mistake. But I can't ignore it. With great power comes terrible guilt, you know?

I mean, I'm super-excited to help somebody out in need! Whee! We'll be on an adventure!

pre:
Psion X, the Psychic and Sarcastic Doomed

Look: white girl, steely eyes, medical clothing, containment suit

Danger +2	Freak +1	Savior +1	Superior -1	Mundane +0

Abilities:superhuman strength and speed: "My suit channels my excess power to keep me alive... into power. It lets me venture 
into the outside world, but... sometimes it feels more like a weapon than anything else."
❑ memory manipulation: "My teep is kind of supercharged and goes right past surface thoughts. I can only do deep dives...
don't worry, I only use it for justice. Usually with informed consent. Or justice."
❑ telekinesis: "Oh, the best for last. Except for the strain. It's not too bad unless I push myself, though. Floating is
relaxing, though."

Nemesis

At the end of every session, answer the question: Did you make progress on defeating White? If the answer is yes, mark 
potential. If the answer is no, mark your doom track.

Doom

You’re doomed. What brings your doom closer?

❑ facing danger aloneoverexerting yourself

Whenever you bring your doom closer, mark one box on your doom track.

Doom Track:		❑	❑	❑	❑	❑

Doomsigns

These are abilities that come to you with your approaching doom. Once you have taken all five doomsigns above the line,
you must take “Your doom arrives” the next time your doom track fills.

❑ Bolstered: Mark your doom track to use an Adult Move one time.

Sanctuary

You have a place where you can rest, recover, and reflect upon your powers. Choose and underline three features of your
sanctuary: a containment system, a meditation space, healing equipment.

Choose and underline two downsides of your sanctuary: difficult to access, easily damaged or tampered with.

When you call upon the resources of your sanctuary to solve a problem, say what you want to do. The GM will give you one
to four conditions you must fulfill to complete your solution:

❑ First, you must _______________________.You’ll need help from ___________________.You and your team will risk danger from ______.The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited.You’ll need to mark one box on your doom track.You’ll have to obtain ___________________.

Team Moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, give them Influence over you and spend 1 Team from the pool to
clear one box on your doom track.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence over you and ask if they honestly think
there’s hope for you. If they say yes, mark potential or clear one box of your doom track. If they say no, mark a
condition or mark your doom track

Moment of Truth

The prickly tingling fear of your doom, always in your head—it holds you back most of the time. But right here,
right now? It gives you the confidence to do anything. After all, what’s the worst that could happen? Is it worse
than your doom? Do impossible things. Do anything. But mark a doomsign after you’re finished.
Some assumptions and liberties are taken. Up for changing anything if there's an issue, but I figured the more established ties, the more better.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread