Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Costumes and prosthetics is cheaper than puppetry and cgi. Speaking of puppets, try Farscape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah clip shows were an excuse for the entire staff to take a week off. You still see them sometimes in Japanese animation since they work their animators to death.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bob's Burgers is good, and I don't remember anything problematic about it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

He has 9 and sits on the board of directors.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Toshimo posted:

A Million Ways to Die in the West is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

I could not get through that film, it was just full of non sequitur jokes that not only were anachronistic but also just broke the fourth wall constantly.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's because nobody has time for socialization because they're working themselves to death.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes, despite everybody else telling them how racist it is, they still did it last year.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes, he died of complications from diabetes if I recall.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

oldpainless posted:

There was an in universe explanation for this though. All the Chinese people were on the other side of the galaxy.

That sounds incredibly racist.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah but they wished all those people Vegeta killed back to life, also to be fair they were just beating the rush when Majin Buu killed the whole planet except for Mister Satan.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They still show Naruto and Dragonball (admittedly the latest one) on the current incarnation of the Toonami block, so you're right there.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Iron Crowned posted:

I think I saw two episodes of Dollhouse, can't remember poo poo about it

Considering the premise was slavery, except Scifi, you got off lucky.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Garry Shandling? I haven't thought about him in years either. Sad to hear he died.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Google claims it's episode 502 "Sappy Anniversary" but I never saw season 5 so I can't confirm that.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Torquemada posted:

‘Calories make you fat’ seems too hard for most people.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Guy sheds pounds on a diet of Little Debbies and Twinkies (and some dietary supplements, he didn't skip vitamins).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mr Interweb posted:

it's been a long time since i saw the early episodes of AD but i thought the entire purpose of him being a fish in the first place was some kind of punishment for being a captured nazi?

Nah, they just wanted East Germany to lose at skiing in the Olympics one year.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wasn't there a Rick that ate poo poo in the Council of Ricks?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Can I just say that's gross and I feel gross for reading it. That's as bad as that time traveler's wife book where he's an old man when he takes her virginity.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You know what you gotta do if you ever find yourself back in the 90's...

You gotta stop 9/11 man!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

As a recent homeowner myself I realize there's no way Al could have paid the property taxes on his house, let alone the mortgage, working retail. But that's Hollywood for you, always putting average schmoes in houses they couldn't possibly afford because the writers have no idea how real America lives.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah they couldn't let the kids age or get recast so at one point they were basically locked in to a storyline going forward.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's also a big difference between "leisurely strut around the con exhibit hall" and "do an action scene, in heels"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I've listened to an episode or two and at least at start it's very unstructured, just the guys talking about their experiences with the the episodes and how the show got started. If you like stream of consciousness podcasting you'll enjoy it but if you're looking for a more structured take than three dudes bouncing off of each other you might not enjoy it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Detective No. 27 posted:

Biden would have won him over because he's Ronald Reagan in all but name.

Yeah but he wouldn't feel good about it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It was so obvious too, they were basically begging you to torch that guy. The whole camera work of the cutscene where it kept cutting back to the target, then the Krogan, then the target again.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

No you see they're there just always off screen. Because Wheedon is a racist.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I AM GRANDO posted:

I’m shocked this wasn’t the scene of Sarah Connor’s gangster friends explaining 9/11 to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPzzYhuhOxo

That is the best scene in the history of cinema, the fact that it's just a VO with ominous music in the background while two gangsters make hand puppets of planes crashing into buildings.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Did Alan Moore ever sell his magic wizard cave?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh yeah I went and saw that movie in theaters, Alan Moore was in it and it was good.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

And starred as a spooky magician/lounge entertainer.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

How was the Animaniacs return by the way? We never got around to watching it on Hulu.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GrandpaPants posted:

It's Disney, they would 100% deepfake Tony Jay. Probably not that well, but they can do it and they've already shown a willingness to do it.

Considering they deepfaked Mark Hamil and they have his number I'm 100% positive they'll start using Deepfakes on dead actors with simulated voice boards.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jedit posted:

Is being replaced by an alien considered to be a hazard or a perk?

Depends on how much student loan debt you have.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm a asleep a lot during the day, do you think I could hack it as a PYF mod?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mooseontheloose posted:

Didn't Kelly Clarkson get out of her contract and do better once she didn't have to use American Idol producers?

Yeah, they had her on a seven record deal with Sony, an unenviable position since she didn't get royalties on any of those albums. Now that's she's out she's generally happier and can sign her own, better, deals.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mister Kingdom posted:

Why we never got a Rifftrax out of this, I'll never know.

Either they didn't feel it was a good fit for riffing, or the owning company either said no or asked for more than they could afford, like when they tried to do Twilight but got shutdown.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mister Kingdom posted:

They could have done a Just the Jokes version.

You'd think that but apparently the Just the Jokes versions sell poorly and are frequently pirated to the point they barely break even on those if they're lucky.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I AM GRANDO posted:

Support among Americans for concentration camps and ethnic cleansing is unfortunately pretty evergreen. There’s a sizable minority who will support a lot of bad things if they have the sense that such ideas are popular or that they’re protected from the consequences of voicing their beliefs.

Yeah it's not just Americans, pretty much any large group of people will do this.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

First caveman who domesticated wolves was pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Push El Burrito posted:

I didn't know that was a superpower.

It is in comic books. Also causes you to turn invisible on dating websites.