Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Blade is still the best comic book movie ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

That’s really hanging a lantern on it as far as having a German Scot be friends with a Scottish Spaniard. What were they thinking? Have Lambert be like an ancient Visigoth or something.

Technically, Ramirez was Egyptian

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Wow. A white Egyptian is arguably more offensive than making a Scot pretend to learn about haggis from a German.

He was apparently an ancient Egyptian who managed to pick up a Spanish name, a Japanese sword, and a Scottish accent over the course of his immortal life. Until the sequel, where they retconned it so he and the other immortals were time traveling aliens or something?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

More like oldwrongful

The Orville is the best Star Trek.

A show about Seth MacFarlane being smarmy about alien cumshots is a bold choice for the best anything.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Don Gato posted:

Typical transporter-bro arrogance, yes they don't kill you as much but I've never seen anyone come out of a shuttlecraft decades younger than when they started or split into a good half and an evil half.

Voyager has an incident where a shuttle turns you into a salamander, so it's kind of a wash.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I liked when Worf showed up in Saint's Row 2 and tried to kill me with a monster truck.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The only good Bond flicks are Goldeneye and the one where Christopher Walken drops a dude out of a blimp.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

This forum is the only place I've ever seen people talk positively about the Orville. Everywhere else it's just "that show where Rob Lowe being a date rapist saves the world".

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Quark's presence makes everything sleazy. No Trek can compare to DS9 in terms of sexcapades.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

South Park did an episode rebuking the Alt Right and then the next week went straight back to espousing Alt Right views. It's a show by bigots for bigots, but somehow manages to occasionally trick people into thinking it has anything worthwhile to say.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The CW Flash seems like exactly the kind of lighthearted cheese I would really be into, but the first few episodes leaned really hard on how much he wanted to gently caress his step-sister and I was like "Y'know, there's plenty of other silly superhero shows out there."

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

B99 is kinda the perfect sequel to Parks and Rec, in retrospect. A bunch of talented comedians come together to make light, cloying entertainment that turns to ash in your mouth.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Marvel heroes exist in America, so an old man wearing a flag as a shirt is a god among men but an immigrant teacher is loathsome scum.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Your gifs do not include the important fact that the guy's rear end is just as lovingly featured as the woman's. Also the American Gundam is a football player with boxing gloves that rides a surfboard.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Gundam Wing has a really bad ratio of entertaining stuff vs dull repetitive stuff, but its soundtrack still shreds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWz2BWGxqMI

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Grease is still better than Grease 2.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Seems like it'd be a lot easier to just write a different coked-out detective named like Larry or something.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Humerus posted:

The only Sherlock adaptation worth watching is The Great Mouse Detective, actually.

:hmmyes:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

He also had a part in the live action Guyver movie.

I remember the VHS box making it look like he was the titular Guyver, but his character in the movie is some side detective who turns into a bug and dies.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

marshmallow creep posted:

I rented a movie once where Mark Hamill has to go back in time and ends up meeting his mother who gives birth to him during the climax but for some reason baby-him is not breathing until the end of the movie when adult Mark saves the day and then he dies and disappears and baby Mark starts breathing because apparently only one version of you can be alive at the same time and the universe knew Mark had saved the day as an adult so it was okay for him to die and become a baby.

fartknocker posted:

Time Runner. I saw it once on cable when I was like 9 and it’s forever burned into my brain.

This sounds like the greatest movie ever made and I must watch it immediately.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9uFxdAzcr0

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Johnny Bravo out here tryin to get laid at 1 years old? drat

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

What's the Canadian prison etiquette for if someone calls you late to dinner?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

as someone who's not seen any star trek, is ds9 worth watching and also a good starting point?

Yeah. The pilot has some TNG stuff and Sisko's backstory ties into a major event from that show but you should still be fine.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Conversely, if you don't think at all while watching True Lies, it kicks rear end. Generally, this is the way you should watch action movies.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

rodbeard posted:

True Lies sucked and the stunt coordinator molested the child actress playing the daughter nobody even remembers being in the movie.

Well, poo poo

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Frank Grimes's son showed up in a later episode. But it was in like season 20 or something, so you're better off for not having seen it.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Alaois posted:

ra salvatore was getting divorced when he wrote the drizzt books so he made the drow society a man hating matriarchy that worships spiders and does freaky bondage

lmao that explains a lot. Even as a 12-year-old who thought Star Wars novels were the height of literature, I thought there was a weird vibe going on in the Drizzt origin story books.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Arivia posted:

Salvatore was the one who dropped a moon on Chewbacca too

...cuz of the divorce? That's weird.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Mass Effect did the same old "women can be gay because it's hot but all men are straight don't be rediculous" bullshit as all other media at the time and consuming all that poo poo as a teen led to a lot of self-loathing in my twenties.

But I guess it wasn't actively transphobic so let's enshrine it as a progressive bastion.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Aces High posted:

they did finally wise up to this for 3 by giving Male Shep non-hetero options. Kinda too bad it took them 3 games and ~6 years for that to be a thing but hey at least it finally happened. Despite the Asari being designed as female I always liked them being modelled as monogendered, but much like that episode of Star Trek where Riker gets with a member of a similar race, god forbid we cast/design that individual as androgynous

There was like one ambient conversation that implied Asari look different to each of the other races that could've been interesting, but it's Mass Effect so they never do anything with that and instead focus on them being sexy blue ladies that sometimes become sex vampires.

It annoys me that people are correctly slamming CDPR for doing lovely stuff with LGBTQ issues and then immediately start praising Bioware like they didn't do the exact same poo poo. It's bad in both cases.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Genuinely stunned to click that link and realize that Cracked is still in active operation.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The director originally wanted to call the movie Race Wars (apparently the real name of the actual racing event that the movie is inspired by?) and the producers had to explain to him why that was a bad idea.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Before Tumblr went SFW I had a Tumblr for just NSFW pics with acoustic guitars in the background

God I miss that

Oh gently caress you're gonna make me strum

That's uh...not usually what they mean by "a guitar solo".

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Blood Nightmaster posted:

This just reminded me of the first time I saw Blade Runner: The Final Cut, last year I think? The whole "love scene" between Harrison Ford and Sean Young has this sexy sax piece playing that really doesn't seem to fit what's actually going on between them and the whole thing just kinda skeeved me out a little. Like I get that they're both probably robots just trying to navigate human emotions, which makes sense in the context of the film, but the whole "stopping a woman from leaving your apartment and telling her how she should be feeling/what she should do while she's clearly in distress" scenario isn't great

I always thought that, despite the music, that scene is supposed to be uncomfortable. The movie kind of plays around with the idea that Batty isn't as villainous as he appears and in the same way argues that Deckard isn't as heroic as he's set-up to be. In the end, maybe Batty was the real hero, a tragic one, and Deckard is a cruel extension of an evil system.

But then I guess the sequel says that Deckard and Rachel were a glorious love story and so very important that now everything in the universe revolves around them loving.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Bonzo Madrid sounds like the name of a mid-90's pro wrestler who only shows up when they need an extra dude to fill out a Royal Rumble.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Why are there all these fathead American authors but it always seems to be the British ones that show the most of their rear end?

America has probably the largest film and TV industry in the world, so we have a lot more space to spread out our sex criminals.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

You can blame his editor for this. Araki's on record stating he wanted to make Anne (the girl from part 3) a mainstay but he was told "don't do it, that won't fly in Shonen Jump, a magazine for boys". I THINK he wanted to make Giorno a girl but that got shot down too (could be one of those apocryphal Araki Said™ things, I haven't found an actual source for it).

Eventually he just said gently caress it and made Jolyne (female main character) and Annasui (genderfluid).

Lisa Lisa in part 2 was also supposed to have a big fight scene instead of turning into a damsel in distress outta nowhere, but it was 1986 or whatever and his editor told him boys won't buy books with girls doing things.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Destroy All Monsters is Godzilla and his buds doing a Jackass sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Baudolino posted:

Just set your movie in a military hospital when the war in question is going on.
You get the horror without the spectacle.

M.A.S.H.