Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

well why not posted:

It's all so weird that the basically only gay recurring character is in a subservient job beneath an older man he pines for. It's definitely not meshing well with current culture. Note: I haven't watched the show in like a decade so maybe they've updated him a bit.

For a while I thought they did a great job of the joke not being that he's gay, but that he's madly in love with a reprehensible and withered husk of a man, but to modern tastes it does start to feel kinda uncomfortable. They made a big songa nd dance a few years ago about how he was finally coming out of the closet, so it's probably moved on a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Bamabalacha posted:

Edward James Olmos going all Method Acting on that ship model was amazing :allears:

I think this is the best summation of BSG. Yeah, the plot was wonky and vanished up its arse in theological bullshit (and I liked most of that bullshit!) but oh man did the actors commit. Roslin, Starbuck, Tigh, some of the best character acting in sci-fi (that's a low bar) and I would watch those incompetent idiots bumble their way through disasters any day.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Foxhound posted:

You wanna see gory PSAs? CHeck out this canadian one.

:nms: face scalding gore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSU4g2wL9Oc

I absolutely love PSAs, and always end up diving right down the rabbit hole whenever this conversation comes up.

Except for these ones. There is no way im clicking that link. I saw them once like ten years ago, and now I'm staying the hell away.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

african american bears, thanks.

It was such a great success with Africanised honey bees. Are we now going to see bears releasing pheromones when threatened and causing every bear in a 5 mile radius to swarm?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

I don't think he was saying it was less offensive, I think the argument was that the offense has a harder time getting traction, because yeah we have been incredibly terrible about race relations in this country and the only reason we're not far worse off is because of other policies that incidentally take the worst edges off racism; the NHS treats everyone so it's harder to create a situation of BME people having vastly inferior healthcare; only a very small proportion of our coppers carry guns as a matter of course, which makes it harder to execute black men in the streets.

It is not remotely difficult to find people here who yearn for the Empire, and who think getting upset about blackface or Gollywog dolls is absolute twaddle. Which I guess makes a kind of sense; If you think the Empire that starved millions of Bengalis within living memory and brutally exploited Africa, for two examples, was a good thing, then yeah you've probably made your peace with 'mere' racist imagery and symbolism.

Still better than the Dutch though.

I always struggle to explain to my mum why golliwogs are racist, because waving one's arms and shouting "just look at it" isn't a very compelling argument.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

Ah, I see someone's never attended my seduction techniques seminar

Jokes on you, I only make love with the lights off (socks on, missionary only)

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Similarly bizarre ad/show combo from The Walking Dead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRXNce4unN8

There was a great advert line up after the Charles Ingram documentary.

Years ago there was an ex-Army Major who cheated his way to a win in the UK version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire? - he had an accomplice in the audience giving him the answers through carefully timed coughs. Great big scandal, loads of investigations, it was a huge media event.

There was a hugely anticiapted documentary on the whole thing a few months later. The first advert, in the first commercial break, was of course for cough syrup. Featuring a large waiting room of people who all, one by one, start coughing loudly.

It was wonderful :allears:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

bitterandtwisted posted:

The Ballad of Chasey Lain radio edit was pretty bad

Holy poo poo, this is the song!

I was watching Top of the Pops aged 10 when this first came out. They were doing the charts countdown, and a few seconds into the intro of this they had the host walk in front of the recording with a "nope, no, not doing this".

I have spent the past seventeen years wondering why. I would lie awake at night chewing over what could possibly have been so dreadful that they couldn't play it.

And now I know.

Bit of a letdown tbh.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The stunning thing about that scene from Fresh Prince is that at one point you can tell James Avery, who acted for half his life, and won an emmy for writing for PBS, is super close to busting into tears himself. You can *HEAR* people suppressing tears.

No joke, Fresh Prince would go in the opposite version of this thread. It's the first bit of media that taught me about the struggle Black America goes through even now despite having achieved civil rights, and it's one of the few shows that has multiple good "A Very Special Episode", although I thought the drug episode was kind of cliche. But the DWB episode is loving choice and has some great lines (it might be the best Very Special Episode ever), the episode where Will gets shot is good, the one where Carlton stands up for himself after being branded an Uncle Tom by fraternity brothers is good, just top notch social stuff from a goddamn sitcom.

There was a great quote about it in I think the subtle movie moments thread.

"Fresh Prince is severely underrated.

I know it's one of the most successful and well regarded sitcoms of all time. It's still underrated."

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

And now that makes me wonder if a wrestler has ever used or cited previously broadcast footage.

Wrestling is basically the performance art version of comic books and soap operas, endless, catnip to a certain demographic who likes getting long-term invested, and quickly becomes completely ridiculous to the uninitiated.

I never really understood wrestling and kayfabe until a couple of years ago, when they had Stephen Amell from Arrow get into an argument with Stardust, then leap into the ring and start punching him. I had the dumbest grin the whole time.

Also, there's a wrestler called Stardust, The Prince of Dark Matter. I knew wrestling fans were nerds, but that's just ridiculous.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

I think the issue with replicated food is that it's always going to taste exactly the same, unless they have some kind of randomisation going on. I don't think people living on a space station or starship usually feel the need to complain until they have regular enough access to home-grown food.

Food comes up a lot in DS9, one of Jake's favourite lunches combines human, Bajoran and Klingon cuisine. And Sisko's dad gives Cajun-Ferengi fusion a shot, and the Ferengi at least love it.

I like to imagine that all federation ships have a thriving black market in custom codes for food replicators.

It's part of why seemingly every starfleet officer is amazing at high level biochemistry, neurology and custom programming - you need to be sufficiently interdisciplinary to be able to design your own hamburger that doesn't taste like poo poo.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

They lied.

It was pretty much when I stopped watching that show, too, when I figured out not only did the Cylons not have a plan, the writers had their heads up their arses.

They didn't know who/what Head Six was when they started. Just kept dropping crazier and crazier hints whilst they made it up on the spot. Same with the Daniel subplot, which they introduced because the writers can't do basic loving arithmetic.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Technocrat posted:

For beds in Reading, the place to be heading is Reading bedding

That's one of those slogans that I can't decide if it stuck because I heard it in my formative childhood years, or because they're still using it twenty years later.

To not be misleading, that's advice I'll be heeding.

Also august and ares both change pronunciation with a capital. It was a round on Only Connect, which will age fantastically well, because pretentious wankery never goes out of style.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

^^^^^^^ Charlie Chalk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agtC8X5DXIQ
Not Aardman, but the character design is kind of in that direction.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Wrong Trousers is my favourite. I like the train chase.

Feathers McGraw is properly chilling at times, and one of my favourite dumb visual gags.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's basically live performance comic books. Complete with recycling storylines because the audience should have aged out of it, retcons, regular reboots and legacy shenanigans that wouldn't fly today.

I never really "got" wrestling until I started thinking about it like that. It suddenly clicked when they had Stephen Amell on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCueHKL7UM

Watching that, I know its scripted. I know its dumb as hell. But oh man is it fun.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Gomez wasn't a psychopath. The point of the Addams family was that they were your typical sitcom family but really loving weird. They were actually very nice people but absurdly odd. He was rich because for whatever reason he was completely incapable of failing. They had macabre and unusual tastes but never wanted to actually hurt anybody. They just failed to understand normal society.

A lot of the humor was about that misunderstanding. They freaked people right the hell out but anybody that bothered to get past appearances actually grew to like them.

Smh if Gomez and Morticia aren't your relationship goals.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

True Blood's intro got really loving stale after like 7 years. Which is a shame, because it was pretty drat great the first few seasons.

Daredevil has my favourite of the Netflix Marvel intros: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFYFh8w4758

It's massively heavy handed with all the imagery, but the dribbling wax effect is fantastic. And I find it funny how the producers complained about how nearly every submit concept had some lame-rear end bat/sonar effect going on.

The Farscape intro is another I watch every time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CtM6Mhkb08
Just for the sheer weirdness of the music, Crichton's erratic mental health, and the gradually shifting tone as the show goes on.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

catlord posted:

What I saw was pretty great. In that weirdly edgy but still kid friendly way. They had an episode with not-Cenobites which was pretty horrifying.

The Pied Piper episode gave me nightmares for ages. Something about the way he tugged his cheeks to transform his face.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Someone told me I was a Raj, I assume that's the Indian guy, I have no clue if that's an insult or a complement.

So, it's the new Everybody Loves Raymond. I remember in 2003, that show was syndicated about as hard as BBT because my dad loved it, and now I can't even remember the last time I flipped passed an episode

He's a creepy passive aggressive sex pest, just like the rest of them.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

That's not a lot of character development for a show with over 130 episodes. Also House MD did all that before with the exception of Clyde.

It's also an American crime procedural, which means all the mysteries are solved by someone stepping in from offscreen with some completely new information that suddenly fixes everything.

The characters are really fun, but it's impossible for me to care about the weekly plots.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

WebDog posted:

That show has aged so bad when it comes to using tech as the core of the mysteries.

Several plots involves convoluted situations arising from typos on autocorrect text messages, one has a bug on a fax that induces a suicide. CD roms that tell the future, amazing clear recordings on a 90s PC mic and "hidden" messages from turning the text white in word.

The first episode has Caroline Quentin's character, a journalist, show how to hack someones answering machine by guessing the default pin. A method used by the Sun to hack celebs phones.

It's kinda worth watching for the utter batshit nonsense the show has to get into to keep fresh. One recent episode did a pisstake on Sherlock's style of deducing.

Was there a reason the locked-room mystery in the bunker needed to be arranged to look like a suicide? Because it felt like the murderer just wanted to be a dick to police.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

C'mon the Raoul Julia version is king

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZ5I8l32CI

The Raoul Julia version of anything is king.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Stranger things Season 2 read like a pretty good fanfic but still a fanfic of season 1
Like it had some good moments like Eleven and the cop's relationship and the Upside Down and more of bat kid (its been a while I forgot names) but it just felt like a retread and the Christmas lights alphabet was way creepier, more effective, and cheaper than the house wide child drawings map which felt overdone
New kid bully guy was awful though

The two best bits of S2 were a)Mike getting got by the mind flayer, and b) the Duffer brother's winding up Lucas' actor about the kiss

"Uhh, yeah, that was actually my first kiss, and it was kinda weird doing it in a room with like 20 people watching"
"Dude it's TV, a lot more people were watching"
:allears:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

I thought Rachel wanted a break because Ross was doing stuff like sending massive floral displays and barbershop quartets around to her workplace because he was being too clingy.

It's almost like everyone on Friends is a massively terrible human being who should gently caress off and die while we enjoy the unstable but fundamentally decent cast of New Girl.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Sloth Life posted:

From a Brit pov all your TV houses are goddamn insane. Sookie stackhouse is a barmaid with a detached house on like an acre plot.

Not that different from Yorkshire or non-city scotland surely? You can see the big houses in all those british shows set in....oh

fruit BOO!ts posted:

I enjoy the classic Winston and Cece mess arounds

Also this! It's so great just to see friends on tv that literally just friends, with no weird sexual tension or childhood drama. How often did Rachel and Chandler hang out, or Ross and Phoebe?

Strom Cuzewon has a new favorite as of 17:24 on Oct 16, 2018

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

lemonadesweetheart posted:

You'll be happy to know that he went into puppetry instead then.

Bears in Space is really loving weird, and at times feels like they're being quirky just for the sake of it, but it's still hilarious from top to bottom.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Sir Lemming posted:

The one thing that did age poorly was Schmidt appeasing his conscience by not voting for Trump, but instead pushing "Paul Ryan 2020!" Either the actor or the writer pointed out in an interview how they would go back and change that if they could.

She faded into the background after Zooey Deschanel had her baby. The show actually went out on a pretty high note, last 2 seasons were good.

The final season was twee as gently caress, but I loved every minute of it. It was basically a victory lap after 6 years of seeing these gently caress ups finally sorting their lives out.

And Schmidt's ending was perfect in every way.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

There was an episode with Angelica thinking vanishing cream would turn her invisible but all I could focus on was some Cones of Dunshire boardgame the parents were playing as a B plot. I guess that part has aged fairly well now that there are a zillion overproduced boardgames for adults floating around.

Oh gently caress me, I've had "players may only move counter-clockwise if the lead player is behind the counter-clockwise line" rattling around my skull for twenty years now.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Captain Monkey posted:

What ever happened to the guy who got stuck in a bird morph?

Magic space-god gives Tobias the ability to morph again, but his "default" form remains as a hawk. And he's tortured by the fact that he can only be human for two hours at a time, and that if he ever wanted to be permanently a human he'd lose his morphing abilities forever.

I remember him complaining about how everyone thinks of him as a man in a hawks body, and considers himself properly a hawk. "Do you know what I had for breakfast this morning? Roadkill. Literal roadkill"

Animorphs loving owned.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

I finished watching through The Good Life this morning. It's got an interesting ending philosophically speaking, because in the finale there is a rash of burglaries on the Avenue, and early on Tom and Barbara joke that they haven't anything worth stealing, because over the years they've sold it all for necessary items to make their self-sufficiency work. They end up with a few farm problems cropping up that week though, the goats not giving much milk and a leak from the property next door has damaged some of their soil (although Tom has a plan to move the pig sty to the damaged soil to free up the farming space that it is currently built on, with a concrete floor to cover the oil-soaked earth, they just need some cash to actually do it).

Of course, their house does get hit at the end, and because they have nothing to steal the thieves trash their living room in anger, and of course they are shocked and horrified. However the series ends on a positive note, the thieves get caught trying to rob a different place and Barbara just comes out with "I know why the goat isn't giving any milk lately..." (because she's realised she needs to be mated again before she'll produce, and they just got a new contact who literally bought a farm himself on retirement, after being inspired by hte Goods)

The point being, the house doesn't matter to them, it really is just stuff, the important stuff in the gardens got left alone so they are actually fine.

It's not an ending to their story, because it isn't going to end, it's more of a distillation of their story instead, the truest essence of why their self-sufficient lifestyle was so worth it - because even when things like this happen, it doesn't hurt them much, because it's only unimportant stuff. If it was Margo and Jerry's house that was trashed they would have gone to pieces, but because Tom and Barbara moved their attention elsewhere, they were able to deal with it after only a few minutes of thought, and figure out how to fix the problems that could. be fixed. I also liked Margo gradually relaxing since finally getting to laugh (finally getting the joke for the first time in her life) in the Windbreak War, just little moments of her own ironic observations here and there, marked with a small grin, culminating in her actually joining the others in vaulting the fence rather than walking round it during the giddy conga line.

Do you know what has aged really well?

Felicity Kendal. Young Felicity Kendal is cute as a button, old Felicity kendal is smart and sophisticated. It's like how David Bowie morphed from avant garde weirdo to suave grey fox.

Whereas old Keith Richards just looks like a wrinkly young Keith Richards.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

I liked the subplot between both the Raul Julia movies with the woman who married Cousin It. :3: It was cute seeing someone dive headfirst into becoming an Addams who was previously unknown to them. It showed how easy it is to be welcomed by them. She was new, but was treated as if she'd always been there.

I've been inspired to rewatch them, and she's absolutely wonderful. Her lawyer first-husband was so close to to being accepted - he seems to enjoy Gomez's chicanery, and Gomez even seems to respect him when he manages to land a blow in the final showdown. But he was too blinded by greed to see the real treasure all along.

(The real treasure is family)

One minor quibble with the film is how a good third of the jokes are a variation of "but what if [terrible thing]?" "ohh that'd be lovely". Morticia even does it twice to open two scenes in a row.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Whatev posted:

Also I am guessing the Orville doesn't suffer from lady characters and hetero romances written entirely by socially maladjusted nerd men.

There's an Orville episode where the Doctor starts dating a robot, and it absolutely owns. You have all the high-brow "can a machine life-form feel love?" star trek poo poo, interspersed with the crew giving terrible dating advice and gossiping all the time like they're 12 year olds. The Doctor is also an older woman and a single-mom, and it's kind of rare to see any woman over the age of 25 be permitted to have a sex drive, so that's pretty cool. There's also a running joke with the young, super-strong security officer Alara having a string of terrible dates, because everyone on the ship is a massive weirdo.

I'm working my way through DS9, and it has moments of weird Star Trek chasteness, with everybody quick to swear their undying non-sexual love, but it's generally really good with its relationship stuff. The O'Briens are deeply in love, and clearly still very horny for each other, despite years of marriage. Bashir is a massive horndog, but he's portrayed as a hopeless romantic rather a skeezy PUA. And, as of S4, his only on-screen relationship has been with Leeta, the waitress at Quarks, and she's the one who pursues him. Kira and Dax have a really close friendship, with lots of banter about dates, and I like that Quark, the hideous orange alien, actually gets three separate episodes focusing on his romances.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I wouldn't call it bargain bin Star Trek, because all the good Star Trek has always been bargain bin. Star Trek these days has gone all in on the grimdark trend, and the Orville sticks to the positive outlook of old Star Trek.

The other advantage of The Orville is that the characters act more like real people than Star Trek did. They act like people who work together, they're not stoic and stuck to the job, they gossip and play pranks on each other, and watch Seinfeld on the bridge when nothing's happening.

And how!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G39W5lFZDn0

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This is a strange thing about star trek series beyond the 60s one: everyone is strangely bloodless except for times when they’re arguing philosophical abstraction about duty and rights and poo poo. None of the characters ever experience lust or desire or mutual attraction. It’s like they’re written by schoolchildren or something.

Another weird thing about DS9 - early on they try and play Sisko as a lot more relaxed and sarcastic than the previous Captains, but when he's surrounded by constant stiff-upper-lip Starfleet officers he often ends up coming off as just a massive rear end in a top hat.

They get the balance right later on - he's ready to allow a bit of latitude, but if you push it beyond that he'll absolutely put his foot down. Like when Bashir rudely interrupts a private call with Dukat with some insane ramblings, and Sisko reassures him "Oh no need to apologise, that's the best thing to happen to me all day. Don't ever do it again"

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Watching this now and yeah-- it's a good show but the way the only explicitly mentally ill character gets treated feels goddamn archetypal.

I thought they handled it really well at the beginning - he's dealing with some stuff, but it's not defining his role or relationships with anybody. He's trying to be the cool uncle, trying to reconnect with his sister etc. It's only later on that it becomes his entire character.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

It felt fairly accurate-- getting institutionalized and getting extremely stressed by loved ones who (in this case correctly) treat you as someone who really doesn't grasp the severity of the situation made his descent into blubbering and episodes fairly plausible and the actor rose to the occasion for all the hard lifts. The very first scene we meet the character he throws a ton of children's phones into a woodchipper for bullying a classmate on social media, calling them "sociopaths" and not caring that it'll get him fired and a warrant out for his arrest, establishing that he has rage/control issues and a warped... borderline juvenile sense of how community dynamics actually work in the real world, and serious trouble coping with it. As one of the dreaded autistics with comorbidities it rang very accurate to experiences I've had and seen in others. It did feel a bit hurtful that he was incapable of wising up right up to the very end, but honestly some people really are that stupid.

Oh yeah, dude was fantastic to watch. A friend of mine recently got sectioned, and the scene in the taxi where he's completely freewheeling and struggling to scrape his thoughts together felt very true to life.

There's not a bad performance in the whole show, but he really stood out.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

docbeard posted:

It's been a while since I've watched it but I recall the extended DVD cut of the BSG finale actually addressed the whole "giving up our technology entirely would be really dumb" thing a bit. My memory is that the various groups actually did take what supplies they had left with them, and they were just explicitly not looking to rebuild Colonial culture and rather just blend in with the indigenous people.

Of course if that's in a version that the majority of people never saw, that's a problem in itself.

Also, re the "angels? In my science fiction?!?" discussion, the original BSG had superior aliens angels too, to say nothing of the literal Space Devil turning up at one point. I was actually hoping that would happen in the revival too, though Dean Stockwell performing chunks of Paradise Lost was close enough.

I'd heard about the "ffs it was angels all along" ending long before I'd started watching BSG, and I honestly think it improved the expierence. It's clear from the episode where Caprica 6 starts to hallucinate Baltar that there's something supernatural going on.

Really, BSGs problem is that it half-assed the religious stuff. S1 ended with definitive proof of the historical accuracy of their Bible, and with half the fleet declaring the President to be some kind of prophet. Then they just kinda shrug it off, get back to incompetent space-politics and barely mention religion until the final season.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It might as well be, from what I gather, and that's probably the best way to depict a drug a show centres around; if it's too accurate you might get the authorities on your back about how the show is teaching people to make drugs, and if it's too inaccurate you're gonna get fans mocking you, so a fictional drug or variant on a drug that you can make up the rules for gives you the most creative license.

Weren't the questions that Walt grills Gale with real questions/criticisms that people had written in to the show about? I know he calls out how all the stereochemistry is a complete fantasy, which seems a fun way to acknowledge that's its just a show and you really should relax.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

Assuming you're talking about Lucifer A) That show is still going on and B) as the show goes on it becomes more and more obvious that this was a Person Of Interest situation i.e. "the network will only fund this if we make it a procedural." It's a pretty dumb show but it's entertaining and as it goes on it becomes more of a supernatural soap opera with the occasional murder case.

Person of Interesest was great because they were having so much fun with the procedural side of things.

For those who haven't seen it - it's a sort of proto-Westworld/AI trhiller meshed with a police procedural. There's a secret omniscient spying AI that regularly spits out social security numbers of uh...Persons of Interest, for our vigilante heros to go deal with.

The gimmick being:
a) All they get is the SSN
b) The Machine doesnt tell them if the PoI is a perperator or a victim

So part of each episode is them figuring out who the PoI is, and whether they need to be protected, or stopped from doing some unspeakable crime. And over the course of the show they run through pretty much every twist and trick on those two gimmicks you can think of. One person with multiple SSN. Two people with the same SSN (which is real? which is the fake? are they both fake?). Is this obviously bad person about to be the victim of an even worse person? Is this fine upstanding citizen actually planning an atrocity? Is this fine upstanding citizen who is actually planning an atrocity also about to be the victim of an even worse person? And what if that person also has a fake SSN that's been stolen by a different person who looks evil but is actually etc etc etc.

High point of the series is when they get two SSNs, for a husband and wife, and discover that each is secretly trying to murder the other to claim on the inheritence. The episode ends with a tense mexican standoff, before Our Heroes decide that the husband and wife can both go gently caress themselves and just leave them to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

They should have made the first one an unashamed musical.

Instead, we got a very ashamed musical. Misty Mountains Cold owns. What Bilbo Baggins Hates owns. Down, Down in Goblin Town...is loving awful, because its the same weird mix of grubby monsters, cartoonish action, and lazy filming as the rest of that mess.

More movies should be musicals tbh. Can't be any worse than the actual musicals we get.