Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

Back in the day I would have said Rugrats was the best nicktoon, but it's basically unwatchable now that I'm not 6.

I still remember Catdog looking pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Our president is basically the main character of the show. An egotistical, narcissistic moron hellbent on taking over the world. But can't get anything done right because he's just so dumb and bad at everything.

This sounds more like it'd fit Plankton than Zim, but I never really watched Invader Zim when it came on so I can't say that for certain.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Married With Children kinda cheated by portraying pretty much everyone as terrible people in every way they possibly could.

And in retrospect, 90s Nick prepared us well for adult life in portraying it as a Kafkaesque surreal nightmare where everyone with a modicum of power is out to gently caress you over for the pettiest perceived gain and expect you to smile while they do it.

Man, not only did they predict MRAs, they even predicted It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

oldpainless posted:

I'll never understand anyone liking rugrats

Same, but Rocket Power.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

What about shows that HAVE aged well?

Batman the animated series? :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

This fan-image gives context to the EEE Purgatory theory and makes a great deal of sense:

Hahahaha, maybe to you, you loving nerd, Jesus Christ.

Ah, sorry. I just find the 'oh poo poo, everyone was dead/ in a coma all along, theory to be the dumbest thing.

Anyone recently watch Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy lately? I'd imagine that one probably falls somewhere between Flapjack and Codename KND.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone else see that episode of Courage the Cowardly dog where hyper-realistic blood started shooting out of Courage's eyeballs and Muriel was a corpse and my television started leaking rivers of blood from the outlet and it killed my parents?

Anyway, we're all trapped in the matrix.

Being serious again, does Gargoyles still hold up? I never got into it, because by the time I got Disney XD-or whatever the second channel was called- to watch it, they were already on like, episode 87 or something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm extremely easy to please and enjoyed Community throughout its seasons without many problems so can we go back to Walker Texas Ranger and why that sucked? From what I saw, it's just Chuck Norris kicking people who have the hand-to-hand skills of a pinata.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hyrax Attack! posted:

-The big finale has Walker personally taking down the leader in a one-on-one showdown, kicking the guy through the control room window. Better yet is it's all caught on live TV so the onlookers at C.D.'s grill cheer him on. And Walker tops it all off by doing a speech on how America is built on all races and trying to push anyone down is totally un-American, getting a standing ovation from the grill onlookers.

Boy, that was a close one, too. Thankfully gay isn't a race so you can still fear gays and them being allowed to marry safely without being a hypocrite.

Aesop Poprock posted:

When I was a kid I found walker Texas ranger hilarious because while I'd never watch it the whole way through whenever I turned it on he was beating up fat businessmen in a parking garage or something similar. I'm not sure if they ever had him actually fight another martial artist

I doubt it, it wasn't the RDJ Sherlock Holmes movie. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Seth Macfarlane has serious issues with trans people. In Family Guy there's an episode where Quagmire's dad changes sex and Brian has sex with her without knowing it. When he realizes it he then spend the rest of the episode throwing up.

drat. I thought it was because he was related to Quagmire in any way.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Unless it's a superhero movie or Transformers, in which case grim recreations of 9/11 are par for the course.

Don't forget OOH-RAH AMERICUH gently caress YEAH patriotism like 13 Hours.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not a TV show but boy is AVGN calling himself the angriest gamer you ever heard quaint now. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SpacePig posted:

I'm sure that's part of it, but my guess is that it's probably more because Skylar was a woman.

Personally, I always put it down to Walter being the protagonist. If the show had been from Skyler's perspective I imagine that the reaction would've been the reverse as we see her trying to get ahold of her husband multiple times over and over throughout the day and getting more frazzled as he starts getting more and more closed off from her as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Walter Jr.: Dad where'd all this money come from?
Walter W: :shrug: Anonymous donators?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This one always stuck with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNL6t-Eu-IY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

My guess is that since Felicity is about a smart high school girl that gave up all her plans to be with a guy that she has a crush on, that today that wouldn't be an acceptable show in our society. But even the day Felicity started airing the critics were saying the premise was dumb as hell.

I dunno, this just sounds like My Crazy Ex Girlfriend to me.

edit: oh, so I'm not the first to notice that