Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Mister Mind posted:

Meanwhile, 400 years in the future on Star Trek, everyone uses PADDs for all their documents. One document, one PADD.

Good to know in the future we'll have upgraded to the technological level of the Flintstones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

RC and Moon Pie posted:

As long as everyone understands that Friends aka US Acres is what holds up.

I thought about rewatching an episode a few weeks back and was shocked how bad the Garfield portions were.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I liked weekend update, but some of their character bits in the later seasons just drag on for way too long. Except Stefon, he's always great..

From the newer episodes I've seen, the latest anchor doesn't have his own voice. It always sounds like his lines were written specifically for Seth Meyers and he's just the one reading them off.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

SNL's writing is pretty hit and miss, but I'm always impressed at their ability to find talent. Mad TV was the same way, but with an even lower hit:miss ratio.

I wouldn't say it's so much a hit:miss ratio regarding talent so much as it is success.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

evobatman posted:

And Donald Trump thought Vince really got blown up in a limo.

To be fair to him, we all bought it,

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Speaking of 9/11 media, Reign Over Me using it to shill for a video game.

Counterpoint: Shadow of the Colossus owned.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Boy howdy every other joke in Scrubs seems to be about people being gay huh.

And all the other jokes seem to consist of:

"All women are irrational beings that men can never hope to understand." - One of the women on the show.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Seeing as how the show was just discussed, Chandler and Monica aged pretty well. It sucks the show was more known for the Ross/Rachel crap when most of the show's seasons seemed to revolve around those two's relationship progressing. I'm genuinely trying to think of anything remotely toxic about that relationship but nope, those two really worked great together. They helped each other to become a better person.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The only good episode of Everybody Loves Raymond is the one where the family takes a trip to Italy. Ray acts like a huge wet blanket as usual so everyone just decides to go sightseeing without him. He then goes out on his own and starts appreciating the local culture at his own pace. There's a sincerity to it that is just so unlike the rest of the show.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Richard Simmons is by all accounts a wonderful person who just wants everyone to exercise and be healthy.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I just found a youtube channel that endlessly streams episodes of GJ Joe, and aside from noticing how vile its jingoism is and how lazily it’s written, I notice they say “kill” and “die” in almost every episode.

My childhood memories are that every cartoon went way out of its way to avoid using “kill” and instead said ludicrous poo poo like “destroy.” Was that not actually the case in reality?

No, that was true, and still is to this day though not as much an extent. I imagine GI Joe was given more freedom to do what it wanted since it made the military look good to the kiddies. TMNT (the original Fred Wolf cartoons, the later shows were allowed to do much darker poo poo) and the Fox Kids Spider-Man cartoon in particular were infamous for this.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I was pretty down on the WW look at first (didn't help that early screenshots were really rough) then I saw a feature in Nintendo Power about how the cartoony art style made it so that Link could emote in-game and look at points of interest by himself. That was pretty groundbreaking stuff at the time, and I was instantly onboard with it.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Why did comic book artists always draw muscles so striated? They look like exposed muscle fiber, like there's no skin or subcutaneous tissue. Is that just shorthand for BRAWN

Rob Liefeld comics were en vogue at the time so a lot of comics companies aped his art style in an attempt to get some of his success. Unfortunately his art style was dogshit.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

why DID something like TWD pop off exactly? i figured zombies were passe long before it came out.

Zombie movies were played out, but zombie tv shows were still relatively untapped. Plus good marketing from amc.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

When I first heard they were making a King of the Hill reboot my first thought was "wait, how old is Stephen Root? Because if he dies half the entire cast, including extras, will die with him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

With snl it's at least interesting to learn which hosts have a knack for sketch comedy. Like yeah, everyone expects Bieber and Lohan to be awful, and it's no surprise that Steve Martin and the Monty Python guys turned out great. But then you get hosts like Seth Macfarlane, Justin Timberlake and Peyton Manning being surprise hits. While legendary comedians like Milton Berle, Bob Saget, and John C. Reilly were just awful.