Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Flavahbeast posted:

after rolling the phrase "in-area combat league" around my head for a while I think he means it'll be a league like Breach or Legion where the league mechanic is mostly confined to maps

legion monolith that spawns syndicate members vs heist rogues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iverron
May 13, 2012

quote:

it's genuinely hard to scope out how long a Path of Exile expansion will take to develop. Some systems that appear easy to create end up taking several iterations to get right.

How much of that churn is creating / fixing the weird micromanagement features.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Dark Souls league confirmed. :darksouls:

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Flavahbeast posted:

after rolling the phrase "in-area combat league" around my head for a while I think he means it'll be a league like Breach or Legion where the league mechanic is mostly confined to maps

Right, that feels like "you fight a bunch of mobs in the map for whatever reason then you get some stuff"

Which is always a favorite, especially if Delirium is still around
(Checks exalt price. Laughs hysterically).

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Iverron posted:

How much of that churn is creating / fixing the weird micromanagement features.

None of it, duh.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Flavahbeast posted:

Yeah, that's definitely what he means. They've obviously noticed that people are getting a bit pissy after two vanilla map leagues in a row.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Also from that news article:

> I am personally handling the production of this expansion to make sure that no work creeps in that isn't in the planned scope.

So if this goes well, two possibilities:

a) You are a great producer with the ability to fend off nonsense, aided of course by the fact you are the big boss so there are fewer people who can tell you to "shut up and do it"

b) You were the one introducing the extra work

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
This is shitposting or scamming via trade algorithms yes?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

beautiful ramyeon has brought snow to wraeclast. bless him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9E5KXSKiYM

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah exalted orbs aren't even on ninja right now. There's some tomfoolery afoot.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Vasudus posted:

Yeah exalted orbs aren't even on ninja right now. There's some tomfoolery afoot.

Auto crash lol

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
People were just trolling listing exalts at 1c today.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I hear it's because the chance to duplicate currency stuff on trinkets and whatnot weren't actually working up until now

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Some Russian streamer got a sizable number of his followers to dump their exalts for super cheap to mess with the economy. At least that's what Reddit says.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
New dump tab strategy is to list everything for 1 exalt and just wait for it to sell.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
"Heist was by far the highest-content league in PoE's history."

Kind of insane that all that content is basically invisible because it's mostly white and blue monsters that disappear in the blink of an eye. There's the voice acting and dialogue stuff for the Heist rogues, the blueprints are pretty cool, but otherwise it's nothing that the player really interacts with.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Jinnigan posted:

"Heist was by far the highest-content league in PoE's history."

Kind of insane that all that content is basically invisible because it's mostly white and blue monsters that disappear in the blink of an eye. There's the voice acting and dialogue stuff for the Heist rogues, the blueprints are pretty cool, but otherwise it's nothing that the player really interacts with.

There's a massive amount of dialogue that barely anyone gives a poo poo about.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

There's a lot of new environments and maps too. Even if they reuse a lot of assets there's just lots more new art than in most other leagues.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Yeah it's the dialogue.
Wonderful as it is, they uh, should not have put as much in as they did.

pork never goes bad posted:

There's a lot of new environments and maps too. Even if they reuse a lot of assets there's just lots more new art than in most other leagues.

Oh wait that's true, isn't it? A lot of the heist stuff is brand new art.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The heist maps were bad and full of way too many bugs and doors and stop-and-go, even if the lockdown timer looting and escape were kinda fun.

But if they do anything to remove the Rogue's and their dialogue from the game forever I will never forgive them.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

But if they do anything to remove the Rogue's and their dialogue from the game forever I will never forgive them.

So would this be a bad time to point out how much of the dialog from Synthesis is still in the game?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah I did like 8 heists and quit the league. Really looking forward to have an actual map effecting league again.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

quote:

in-area combat

You can pay up now, if you want, Kuzar :mrgw:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Someone mentioned a heist exp strat. Is there anything to it beyond "run a shitload of heists"?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's mainly frustrating because a lot of heists problems are obvious to anyone who played it for any length of time and the whole thing would be greatly improved if you started in the treasure room and had 30 seconds to click open as many chests as possible for loot and then inventory tetris before the guards flood in and proceed through the escape as normal with door unlocking and trap disabling.

The entire first half of the heist doesn't need to exist as is, it's just pointless zero threat door opening and time wasting and the place isn't a big enough maze that knowing the path beforehand is any real help.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Suspicious posted:

Someone mentioned a heist exp strat. Is there anything to it beyond "run a shitload of heists"?

Literally the first result.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Cinara posted:

Is that an inexplicably less useful lmgtfy?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

silvergoose posted:

It's what happens when you right click on any highlighted text in Chrome.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Arrhythmia posted:

It's what happens when you right click on any highlighted text in Chrome.

No, I mean, was the post I quoted a lmgtfy link but even less useful.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

silvergoose posted:

lmgtfy is kinda lovely now if you have not used it recently, it ruins a lot of the point.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Would anyone feel like anything would be lost if rogue's didn't level or have gear?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Would anyone feel like anything would be lost if rogue's didn't level or have gear?

Not really.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Cinara posted:

It would have taken less time to just write a sentence explaining it instead of taking a screenshot, but good job on jumping on the opportunity to lord over me.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think they should wear normal gear, like mercs from Diablo 2. Also I should be able to hire them to come do maps with me.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Rutibex posted:

I think they should wear normal gear, like mercs from Diablo 2. Also I should be able to hire them to come do maps with me.

I may occasionally use huck again

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That is a prime example of overdesigning I see in every single thing GGG makes. Extra valves to let the player "customize" even though it doesn't actually improve the system at all. One big example of this is the insane number of different upgrades you can buy for Azurite in delves. Why the gently caress do we need to be able to upgrade dynamite radius, area, damage, or any of the other stats you're just expected to be sitting around at max with? Like yes I realize it creates filler nodes so delve isn't too much actual loot but the system is ridiculous.

Probably the ur-example of this is the original design of Bestiary recipes. The original iteration of bestiary had recipes that cared about the following:
1. The rarity of a monster (there were ones that required white or blues)
2. The specific bestiary mod on the monster
3. The genus of a monster
4. The species of a monster
5. The level of a monster

And these were tracked in various combinations. Like a recipe might require 2 blue monsters from the leaper family, a lvl 83+ Fenumal Carrion Queen, and a rare hellion with Tiger Prey. Why the gently caress does GGG do this?

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Suspicious posted:

Basically open reward rooms, get the heist target, run out, then run back to the curio room and out again x2. After that the XP basically stops. I feel like this is probably only something worth doing if you're limited on your number of level 83 contracts, otherwise you'd just want to run a bunch of contracts for the extra loot instead.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's mainly frustrating because a lot of heists problems are obvious to anyone who played it for any length of time and the whole thing would be greatly improved if you started in the treasure room and had 30 seconds to click open as many chests as possible for loot and then inventory tetris before the guards flood in and proceed through the escape as normal with door unlocking and trap disabling.

The entire first half of the heist doesn't need to exist as is, it's just pointless zero threat door opening and time wasting and the place isn't a big enough maze that knowing the path beforehand is any real help.

:emptyquote:

I've only done the first two unique contracts, but the part where you're fighting your way through waves of baddies and deciding what to loot along the way to the door? That should've basically been the Heist gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I was worried from the start when chris wilson was saying how large heist was gonna be and that everyone is gonna like it.