Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

remember
Nov 23, 2006

TheRat posted:

If you're a noob you should absolutely get into the guild. If you want an invite I just need your current character name

Could I get an invite to the guild? Current character name is Rememberbow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I need reinvite, got purged. Character name is Tykero

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T Bowl posted:

I am sure this has been asked before but since I am new, I am level 27 now after not having too much time to play this weekend but going at a decent pace.

Question is will I always look drab-as-gently caress and ugly even at a high level unless I spent $30-40 on some skins?

There are non-MTX related items that look good and that you can put a good look together, but you'll most likely not be wearing them as a set so you'd still need to spend money on skin transfer.

Support packs are cool and some of them have decent armor sets. For my own personal taste I've found the cheapest/second cheapest armor sets to be the best looking of almost every pack I've seen.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

technically the first few hours of a league are a race, too, and groups do exponentially well with this

just watch a vod of waggle and helman's crew doing it live, they have that poo poo down to a science

They're not really grouping in the traditional sense either. Its individuals running different quests separately and TPing each other in for objectives.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
How do people find mapping groups? I seem to remember finding some rotations in 820 in the past, but things may have moved on.

(In a full league I mean. I think Flashback is a little dead now?)

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

So I assume if I want to play quad freezing pulse totems and KB wander next league, the totems is a better starter and then I can gather currency for a good wand and all the other stuff needed for the wander?

Pending notes, I know, just in general.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Totems are insanely easy to start. You pick a spell and go.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

You can totally just start as a wander too, it's expensive to make it really good (i.e., endgame boss killing) but it's been pretty popular for SSF races lately too. Play some kind of ranger, get a pissssscator's early on if you can, toss a few ok abyss jewels on and you'll be mapping ok.

It's just not nearly as smooth to start as a wander on a fresh league compared to totems, you kinda want at least a storm prison and a thief's torment to make KB/barrage feel nice leveling in my experience, compared to just leveling as bows and then switching to wands later on when you have some jewels/a usable wand.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!
Level as sunder until blood aqueduct then switch to KB once you find a usable imbued wand. It's totally doable SSF.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You can wand as occultist too its fun

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
What makes a rare Wand usable for leveling? Flat elemental damage and attack speed?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
21/24 Challenges done, and the last 3 will be easy enough to get done by Monday afternoon. Never really felt the urge to grind out for 36 on this one. Melee skellies are a lot stronger than I thought they would be even with all the poo poo going on in flashback.

Attorney at Funk posted:

What makes a rare Wand usable for leveling? Flat elemental damage and attack speed?

Crit chance as well.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

T Bowl posted:

I know there's the guild on here that was mentioned but since I am a noob I guess just stay away right? I haven't found a single person randomly who wants to team up.

I am one of the only people who'll actually team up in guild chat, because I get off to the entire screen filled with framerate crushing explosions. Even I wouldn't team up in the story because it is to hard to coordinate, but once you hit maps you can often invite guildmates to come run maps with you so you both get the bonus. You'll save a lot of currency if you alc/vaal a few of your maps, run those with a teammate (all maps that drop can only be picked up by you), then let him return the favor with some of his own maps in his own hideout. Overall you both get all the map bonuses and your currency goes twice as far for both of you.

If you can't get goons to come along there's some global chat channel (480 or something) where 6 people would each bring a Poorjoy's Asylum map and all run them back to back, but my build at the time didn't have enough clearspeed to keep up with them, lol

turboraton posted:

So I tried Hall of Grandmasters for my very first time. Got chumped, thats my PoE: China Edition story.

I tried on my first time and killed everyone with Volatile Dead except I died to Gubben like 4 times in a row, I asked around and people said use Scorching Ray on him even if you have like no links on it. I wasn't sure if I was being trolled but I popped in a Scorching Ray and held it down on Gubben and he did no damage to me and I did no damage to him for like 5 seconds then he instantly died out of nowhere and I got the clear. I guess he's some kind of max-block cast-on-block gimmick with no real life pool?

Edit: Found a reddit thread about mull_gubben: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5luqjo/how_do_i_kill_this_cwdt_char_in_the_hall_of/

and his gear/tree are really interesting, I wonder if anything like that would ever be viable for PvE: http://i.imgur.com/zIRJ1GR.jpg

Edit 2: It's also hillarious that there's Grandmasters you have to fight with names like "MasterOfBlowjob", I'm treating that as canon in the PoE storyline.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 22, 2018

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Vasudus posted:

Totems are insanely easy to start. You pick a spell and go.

Yeah I just hit 75 with my quad FP on flashback ssf to try it out, I'm trying to decide if I liked it enough to start incursion with it or not

Mr. Despair posted:

You can totally just start as a wander too, it's expensive to make it really good (i.e., endgame boss killing) but it's been pretty popular for SSF races lately too. Play some kind of ranger, get a pissssscator's early on if you can, toss a few ok abyss jewels on and you'll be mapping ok.

It's just not nearly as smooth to start as a wander on a fresh league compared to totems, you kinda want at least a storm prison and a thief's torment to make KB/barrage feel nice leveling in my experience, compared to just leveling as bows and then switching to wands later on when you have some jewels/a usable wand.

Hmm. Interesting. On the other hand, having lots of currency will presumably make this way easier if I start with a totemer

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/999046464411131905

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Niiiice

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

The future of 2001 is here.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I can finally buy a tenkeyless keyboard

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Chinese money already paying off.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For incursion I'm thinking of starting either a ngamahu cyclone chieftain or some type of blade vortex.

For ngamahu last time I tried it was a raider back in breach league, new chieftain seems absurdly good with it and is straight forward to gear up and doesn't really need much investment.

Blade vortex has so many choices like ascendancy and whether you go high life/low life/energy shield/RF bow that I'm crippled with indecision.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

thanks tencent :vince:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

All hail our new Chinese overlords

edit: seriously I was balancing a Zippo on my space bar for Attack In Place because I couldn't get the Num Lock or AHK to work.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 23, 2018

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

All hail our new Chinese overlords

edit: seriously I was balancing a Zippo on my space bar for Attack In Place because I couldn't get the Num Lock or AHK to work.

Hacks

J
Jun 10, 2001

No popsicle sticks or zippos allowed

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its legit. 1 zippo per server action

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

I'm pretty happy with how I closed Bestiary out.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Prel posted:

I'm pretty happy with how I closed Bestiary out.

nobody faults you for going big or going home, imo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Needs light radius

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Also, Vaal'ing Headhunters is no longer cool. You know what is cool? Super corrupting Headhunters.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

Your item will be destroyed.

wasnt this an outcome they originally wanted for regular vaal orbs?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I don't really love that outcome because you can't show off a destroyed item like you can a bricked one.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm glad they are giving vaal orbs more worthwhile outcomes. Like so many items had like 0 good outcomes!

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

MMF Freeway posted:

I don't really love that outcome because you can't show off a destroyed item like you can a bricked one.

Yeah I'd prefer it to remove all mods and sockets, or something like that.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
That new Cold Snap looks loving delicious.

Edit: https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/999106423089856512

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Keru posted:

That new Cold Snap looks loving delicious.

Edit: https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/999106423089856512

That looks really really good. Still going to go lightning warp though.

quote:

A Hope on 3.3: Contains a way to consistently generate white sockets like the Bestiary League craft
Good.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

consistently is probably not the best word choice there

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"The "Winter's Bounty" jewel will change the frenzy charge cooldown override and inherent frenzy charge generation effect on Cold Snap to both refer to Power Charges instead."

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

New cold snap will be nuts in a cwdt setup. Chilled ground effect and frenzy charge generation.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

lamentable dustman posted:

New cold snap will be nuts in a cwdt setup. Chilled ground effect and frenzy charge generation.

I'm thinking maybe I throw that in a cwc link for a scorching ray trickster starter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Corruption Chamber: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147954

In the Incursion League, Alva Valai will thrust you into various rooms of the Temple of Atzoatl during its construction, so that you can learn more about its location, steer its development and reap the rewards when she locates the ruins of the temple in the present day.

Yesterday, we teased an item with two corrupted implicits. You may be wondering how it's possible to achieve this result on your item! The answer lies in the Temple of Atzoatl, among the many secrets it contains.

The Corruption Chamber in its fully-upgraded Tier III form contains the Corruption Altar which allows you to effectively "super-corrupt" an item. Just like with Vaal Orbs, using the Altar has some potentially very powerful rewards, but it may destroy your item completely.

If your Incursion takes you to the Corruption Chamber, you will have the opportunity to swap this room or upgrade it based on which architect you choose to kill. This is a decision you'll need to weigh carefully as all tiers of the Corruption Room apply a penalty to your maximum resistances in the final temple. If you have one of the first two tiers of the Corruption Chamber in your final room you'll suffer the downside and have no Corruption Altar to make it worthwhile...

As you assess the risk, ponder the four possible outcomes from crafting your item at the Corruption Altar:
  • Your item will be transformed to an Elder or Shaper rare with random socket numbers, colours mods, and links.
  • All of your item's sockets will be changed to white.
  • Two corrupted implicit mods will be added to the item.
  • Your item will be destroyed.

Each outcome has an equal chance. Items that are already corrupted cannot be used at the Altar.

There are many room variants you'll encounter in your Incursions that follow a similar pattern, where the rewards will only unlock in their fully upgraded form. As you discover the secrets of the temple, you'll be able to discern which rooms you automatically want to swap out and which ones are wisest to keep. Getting access to a room early or late in your set of 11 Incursions may also be a factor in your decisions to upgrade or swap rooms. For example, if you enter the Corruption Room for the first time in your 10th Incursion, you will likely want to swap it for another as you won't be able to upgrade it in time for your journey into the final Temple.

There are, however, many rooms that are rewarding at every level and offer even more rewards as they're unlocked! We'll showcase more of these in the news over the coming week!

--------

I love vaal orbing poo poo; it's like this league is built for me. :swoon: