Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

queeb posted:

pretty sure that's the only rewarding recipe

I made 2.5 exalts on one use of the 30% recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

queeb posted:

pretty sure that's the only rewarding recipe

I got a tabula from the unique body armor one!

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

For my second build I'm thinking GC totems look pretty fun. Viable for this patch and how is it cost intensive? Only have my 1 character at the moment.

Also dumb Diablo refugee question but is the Stash shared between characters in the same game mode?

GC is my league starter and I’ve spent <10 chaos on gear. Clear early red maps comfortably and safely. No map mods to watch out for. With concentrated effect you nuke bosses and with increased AoE it’s super efficient clear speed.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

freezing pulse totems is also a really good totem build. can get some decent DPS out of them and heiro placement speed is amazing.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bugamol posted:

GC is my league starter and I’ve spent <10 chaos on gear. Clear early red maps comfortably and safely. No map mods to watch out for. With concentrated effect you nuke bosses and with increased AoE it’s super efficient clear speed.

also what I'm doing, the great thing is you can scale up pretty heavy with money by going crit (and buying multi jewels) and using "phys as extra ele dps" weapons

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You lose all your monsters if you try to craft something and get killed? That's disgusting.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yes you do.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Justin_Brett posted:

You lose all your monsters if you try to craft something and get killed? That's disgusting.

No, just the monsters you put forward to craft. The other poo poo you have is still safe.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That's what I meant.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 8, 2018

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
And they all yell "Freeeeeeedommm!!!!!"

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

If you die while crafting everything in the menagerie gets loose and you have to help Einar round them up

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Another GC totem hierophant here. It's been great, I sailed to yellow maps without buying anything other than a 5-link body. Didn't even feel like I had to upgrade anything else. Right now I'm trying to decide if I really want to switch to a Soul Mantle. Hitting a warding flask every 5 seconds sounds annoying and I'd have to redo all my resistances to go dual Kikazaru.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

also what I'm doing, the great thing is you can scale up pretty heavy with money by going crit (and buying multi jewels) and using "phys as extra ele dps" weapons

Are these better for GC totems than Shimmeron+Void Battery?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
It's insane to me that we're almost a week in and there's 0 Atziri's Mirrors for sale.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hate it when beasts hide in the small cubby-holes around the arena

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Bugamol posted:

It's insane to me that we're almost a week in and there's 0 Atziri's Mirrors for sale.

Assuming you mean reflection, agreed, the rarity on that is way too high and part of the reason I dumped my totem character as early as I did.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Bugamol posted:

After they fixed it so they could show up on trade sites I saw one briefly listed for 30 ex, but none since.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Eminai posted:

Assuming you mean reflection, agreed, the rarity on that is way too high and part of the reason I dumped my totem character as early as I did.

Yeah I meant reflection. I figured it'd be rare, but not this rare. I'm assuming a fair amount of people have gotten the prophecy, but don't know it's worth since you can't easily search for it.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Bugamol posted:

Yeah I meant reflection. I figured it'd be rare, but not this rare. I'm assuming a fair amount of people have gotten the prophecy, but don't know it's worth since you can't easily search for it.

Probably not that many, it's probably as rare as Trash to Treasure, and there are only two of those up in BSC.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Another GC totem hierophant here. It's been great, I sailed to yellow maps without buying anything other than a 5-link body. Didn't even feel like I had to upgrade anything else. Right now I'm trying to decide if I really want to switch to a Soul Mantle. Hitting a warding flask every 5 seconds sounds annoying and I'd have to redo all my resistances to go dual Kikazaru.

Are these better for GC totems than Shimmeron+Void Battery?

well you get a movement skill, this might be a dealmaker for most, but I haven't and will not do that math

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I love the redditors who think that rolling a league back twelve hours is a proportionate response to, well, anything.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Bugamol posted:

Would you mind sharing your build or the build guide you're following? I'm new and need my hand held through the entire process.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I'm glad I'm at a level of emotional maturity that allows me to read poo poo like the general response to the dupe recipe, laugh and move on with my day. I play this game a LOT, I've spent a LOT of money on supporter packs and MTX, and not once have I ever felt the compulsion to throw poo poo, hyperbole and insults at the devs. GGG has done some dumb stuff but it doesn't personally affect me as it does with others apparently. Just reinforces my core belief that 90%+ of gamers are garbage human beings of the lowest common denominator.

J
Jun 10, 2001

The hysteria on reddit about this being the worst league ever, the game is now dead, they're installing diablo3, ggg is going to go out of business, and so on is absolutely hilarious.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I feel like the worst league ever would have to be something that wasn't fun but was also super intrusive. (Tempest?) If you don't like Bestiary then the next couple of months are gonna be lame but the most they'll do to interrupt your core gameplay experience is give you a slightly more interesting rare monster to fight once in a while.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I hated Tempest for exactly that reason.

Well that and Tempest league also resulted in Every Map Has Ground Effects, back when ground effects were even worse.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The necklace league was awful for me for some reason. It never worked for me .

In retrospect Abyss was solid. Those gems were spectacular .

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Having played only before cool leagues and then starting at legacy...tempest and talisman were the two worst.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
There's a common misconception in the community that our balance team doesn't play Path of Exile. They actually do play it, a whole lot. We have people with level 100 hardcore characters, multiple famous community members who have come to work for us and you may not even know it. The minimum requirement to join our QA team is 1000 hours of PoE experience, and we still turn people with that prerequisite away if they're not good enough at the game. Our design, balance and QA team are experts at Path of Exile.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nice reddit meme you have there friend

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The art and fluff in bestiary is cool . It's just so opaque.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my biggest issue with capturing is that now that most stuff isnt "new" i have no clue what i want to be capturing repeatedly. like i caught one saqawine retch but i cant remember what it was and gently caress if i have time to mouse over every goddamn thing i run into.

they really need to add a wishlist that i can turn on for a beast that makes its nameplate flash or something else noticeable

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Awesome! posted:

my biggest issue with capturing is that now that most stuff isnt "new" i have no clue what i want to be capturing repeatedly. like i caught one saqawine retch but i cant remember what it was and gently caress if i have time to mouse over every goddamn thing i run into.

they really need to add a wishlist that i can turn on for a beast that makes its nameplate flash or something else noticeable

I like this idea. Being able to tag certain recipes in your book so the animals that feed it are marked in-game somehow.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

lucifirius posted:

There's a common misconception in the community that our balance team doesn't play Path of Exile. They actually do play it, a whole lot. We have people with level 100 hardcore characters, multiple famous community members who have come to work for us and you may not even know it. The minimum requirement to join our QA team is 1000 hours of PoE experience, and we still turn people with that prerequisite away if they're not good enough at the game. Our design, balance and QA team are experts at Path of Exile.

hilarious and original

now post the "our microtransactions are purely cosmetic" for some real epic luls

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

word of advice when you are doing leveling beastcraft recipes on a 2nd character: check the beast levels!

i almost spawned a 70 something beast for my lvl 5 guy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Am I ready for Uber Labyrinth? 66.9k DPS according to PoB (that seems way too high, maybe I’m looking at the wrong number) and 5k health. 63% movement speed. And 32 energy shield!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

5k health is very much in 1 shot territory but its definitely doable if you dont mind possibly losing an offering or two.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can maybe bump it up by a few hundred, no problem. What’s a respectable amount?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i feel like you want 6k to feel safe in that fight.

dan is about to go for uber elder

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Awesome! posted:

dan is about to go for uber elder
he did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Kinda want to try hybrid with the ES on hit watcher's eye but I don't know if it would be fun enough for 3ex.