Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Vaal'd my Kaom's Heart.

got +50% increased damage

Should I sell it for 40 ex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Papercut posted:

I've been wondering about that, should I not be destroying the elder portals quickly? You can milk them for drops?

Oh, yes milk them.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Trying to sell this

Only scammers seem interested.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Papercut posted:

God dang

Will you accept a life% kaom's, a much worse rolled damage% kaom's, and an uncorrupted poo poo roll kaom's for it? :D

I feel like the equip market has kinda died though, none of my big items have moved this week even when they're priced under everything else. The only thing I'm selling is 5c and 10c jewelry.

Hah. I am tired of playing my RF build and have moved on to a new shiny thing and was going to part out the gear. I had one guy agree to my starting price, he put in the ex then closed trade and reopened with chaos instead.

Oh ho ho, sure is a slick one.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Tenkaris posted:

IDK what it is about Journeyman's Sextants, I can put a small number in a tab and set a price on them and I get people asking for wayyyy more than I have in the tab?

I do other sextants and currency orbs without it really happening but I put ONE journeyman's in a public tab and it's suddenly

I thought doing it via public tabs was the best way to avoid this because people can see your available inventory??

Because people go to the currency site and see your ratio. The currency site sets your price to be the nearest whole currency amount.

You are selling one at 2.5 chaos and the site shows you are selling 2 for 5 chaos and puts up a slider for people to select whole amounts of currency to buy with. Those same people never look right below and see the Stock : 1.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

Any fun magma orb scion shenanigans for not a ton of money?

While not MO, this is a fun and cheap scion build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094148

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Is it just my computer or has the Steam client gone to absolute poo poo? I haven't played since like, Bestiary maybe? But I get INSANE lag every time I try to log in. Models don't load for a good while.

Plenty powerful PC, never had issues before... Is this a 3.4 thing?

I do not use the steam client and I do not have issues.

I am not saying it is the steam client, just offering that it is not a 3.4 thing.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Ugato posted:

I had this article recommended to me:

Forbes - Everyone Needs To Chill Out About 'Diablo Immortal'

It’s funny how everyone can kind of miss the point. People aren’t frothing mad because a mobile game exists exactly. It’s more that that is your big Blizzcon announcement.

What do people who spend hundreds/thousands of dollars to attend one specific companies 'con deserve?

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Awesome! posted:

you cant do maps on a character without killing kitava right?

Can't do maps until you complete the story line.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

vouching for traders in poe is a stupid idea to begin with

There is zero trust needed when trading. If you managed to get scammed when trading it is because you got comfortable and stopped checking stuff.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

Vouching is important for master crafters and mirror services.

I will concede this point.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

9 gig update what the gently caress

new art, lots of new art

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

do we get threads like blizzard does when the servers are down?

threats of lawsuits for failure to deliver goods

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Tai posted:

Anyone have a clue why my movement speed slowly goes down the longer I'm in an instance? If I afk in a map, I come back to find I walk at a snail speed and long instances like delves. Doesn't effect shield charge and popping a quicksilver flasks puts me at what I would run at. Starting a new instance puts me back at my normal speed.

No noticeable stuff like fps dropping etc.

report this, I have the same problem and people think I am crazy

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

you have all played enough, that is enough screen time

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-weapons/arakaalis-fang-fiend-dagger

This is what happens when someone makes a video for a low demand sort of rare item that makes it look fun and the demand shoots up.

Same thing with the cart scarabs, market went from 5 to 35c after a guy posted a video about map crafting gone crazy

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

New Patch Notes for the next patch coming tomorrow

quote:

Improved Betrayal encounters by reducing damage dealt by most Syndicate members, improving skill signalling, reducing Syndicate member damage bonuses from some items, reducing skill off-screening, cleaning up residual objects to reduce clutter and reducing additional monster spawns in Fortification encounters.
Substantially increased the amount of Azurite dropped from Azurite Veins.
Increased the amount of Azurite dropped from Azurite Encounters by 20%.
Substantially increased Sulphite Capacity at all upgrade tiers.
Adjusted the cost of upgrades for Sulphite Capacity, Darkness Resistance, Light Radius, Flare Radius and Flare Capacity in situations where you are over-levelled relative to the expected Depth of having those upgrades.
Reduced the per-cell travel cost of Sulphite for early Delving. Delves are now 50% cheaper at Depth 1, tapering to normal cost at Depth 52.
If you have active safehouse portals open and attempt to change to an area that would cause the safehouse to become invalid, you are now warned before changing areas. If you do invalidate your safehouse by ignoring the warning and changing areas, the safehouse leaders are now removed (as they have escaped) rather than made invulnerable. The reason that safehouses are invalidated is to prevent abuse cases.
Maps which drop from the "Bargain" option in Betrayal Encounters will now drop at appropriate levels relative to the area that you are in.
Enabled the "You can apply an additional Curse" veiled and crafting modifier.
Enabled various new veiled and crafting modifiers for amulets.
The "Prefixes cannot be Changed" crafting modifier can now correctly be acquired by defeating Inya, the Unbearable Whispers from the Unbearable Whispers V prophecy.
Zana missions can no longer spawn in Zana missions.
Players that have clicked the plinth in the first Delve encounter should now have both two and three socket crafting recipes as originally intended.
The plinths which unlock the three-socket-colour, six-socket and six-link crafting modifiers now correctly spawn in Vaal Outpost, Abyssal City and Primeval Ruins respectively.
Veiled modifiers for "x% increased Attack and Cast Speed" can no longer generate on rings as they were not meant to be able to.
Added names to various modifiers that were missing them.
Updated the hideout loading screen art.
The Invisible Buff Effect microtransaction can now be applied to Dread Banner and War Banner.
Fixed a bug preventing players from unlocking the "Shaped" and "Elder" Zana mods.
Fixed a bug re-introduced in 3.5.0 where "Twinned" modifiers were able to apply to the Elder encounter.
Fixed a bug where an Elder Guardian portal could spawn in an unreachable location in the Acid Caverns Map.
Fixed a bug where using currency in the "Tiny's Trial" safehouse reward rooms would fail if you had that type of currency in your inventory.
Fixed a bug where triggered Earthquake monster skills (such as the one used by Brinecrack) were sometimes dealing far more damage than intended.
Fixed a bug where one of Janus Perandus' skills could not be seen if your character was on much higher ground than Janus Perandus.
Fixed a bug where the Soul of Lunaris pantheon could sometimes cause your movement speed to be reduced until you changed areas.
Fixed a bug where the number of Brands that could be applied to a monster was not on a per-player basis.
Fixed a bug where Lightning Trap's "Fire X Projectiles in a Nova" value displayed incorrectly on the skill gem.
Fixed a bug where monsters could spawn in unreachable locations in the Overgrown Hideout.
Fixed a bug where you could be placed in unwalkable terrain when entering Act 3 and Act 8 towns from a portal.
Fixed a visual issue introduced in 3.5.0 with the Subjugator Cloak and the Gothic Cloak.
Fixed a visual issue with a Full Ringmail when equipped on a Templar.
Fixed a visual issue where the Dragon Spear weapon skin was held incorrectly when applied to 2-handed axes and maces.
Fixed a client crash when hovering over Foothills Debris in Alva's Decoration list.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Rather than asking if things are worth X

You can use https://github.com/POE-TradeMacro/

Once installed, with autohotkey, you can use the new short cut, Crtl D, while hovering over the item and it will show a box of current matching items on the market OR a window will open that shows an estimate based on an algorithm.

Do not take the estimates as facts but it does help you learn which mods belong on which items.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade

has been a far bit better this season

Again, the macro is for new players who are looking to learn. You need to know what mods should be on what bases before you try selling.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Papercut posted:

Should I buy the automaton arc mtx?

yes, always yes

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

Does standard have the seasonal content but 1 season behind? For example does it have delve now?

Yes that is typically how it goes. Sometimes it is put off to be adjusted more.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

I was told to try to get 2ex out of this, thoughts?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

500 good dogs posted:

poe.trade also gets instant updates though

no it does not, it can, but if the traffic gets heavy it gets late updates and the official runs right off the game database

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

500 good dogs posted:

Weird, whenever I've looked myself up this league they've both been instant, or well, at the same time.

poetrade will get way behind at times, even by hours

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Vasudus posted:

If you're farming syndicate you do either Ossuary or Harbour Bridge.

The second version of Ossuary. I did a dumb and tried getting them to spawn in the first act of it.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Zenithe posted:

I had a couple of days before I move to a new job and have no time or internet for awhile, so instead of trying for endgame content I decided to have some fun with the new cast on ignite meme build, and it was cool and good. Watch these two videos if you haven't because they are hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyV0kIp5n4&t=144s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYRHRzhRelQ

Anyway:

Vs an Abyss

Facetanking whatever this boss is called

Deathless Kitava, not dodging abilities.

Delving was the closest I came to breaking the game.

10/10 would play dumb fun builds again.

I ran this too and found that the game REALLY likes to crash on a good density of mobs. I removed ball lightening and am tweaking the build to us incinerate instead of the main firestorm and replacing it with discharge since charges are infinite.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

First builds used to clear up to yellow maps before you rerolled, not kill uber elder deathless.

Power creep is real.

Any build can do this.

Most people with this build cannot do this.

Most people, the far majority of people, have never seen uber anything. Much less killed it deathless.

If you want a harder game then you can limit yourself to not using things you feel are overpowered.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Oh I see just hinder myself lol. Idk if that's how things should work. Good builds are the heroin dispenser in this skinner box, what you think I'm NOT going to keep pressing it? There has to be some kind of barrier lol

Oh well, I enjoy the heroine, it is nice for a change.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

the delve tab is nice, pretty awesome having a spot to pull fossils and resonators

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

what the hell is wrong with people, that dump tab made my feel ill

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Poe crafting is too complicated for its own good

Compare that to d2 median, a good game, where the crafting has:

-Shrines, essentially essences that you spam on good items that give a set affix plus randoms

-mystic orbs that you buy from a vendor to add more of a specific stat to an item up to 5 times. Lets you customize or shore up poor choices

-honorific items, where you start with no affixes and build an item from scratch with mystic orbs that have double effect

-a vaal equivalent except it cant brick stuff

Poe needs to learn from a diablo 2 mod lol

Shrines drop like candy, the rest is stuff you buy. Median was made for the common man to craft. Poe crafting is still an art for the elite.

Reading over your post history in this thread brings to light that POE just isn't a game made for you. Maybe you should move on and find better pastures for yourself rather than trying to force everyone else to accept your vision.

POE crafting is not hard, complicated sure, but it is not hard. Anyone can do it.

Hell some of the best items this league need some pretty common currency and there are guides galore on how to go about making sweet gear.

If you can not grasp the crafting system it is because you do not want to and that is your problem and not something the game should solve for you.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

yegods posted:

Right with you there, buddy. The wolf king was the only one of the standard red tier map bosses I couldn't beat. Finally after a while of collecting funds and upgrading my gears, and a couple well placed nodes, I was able to beat him, and then went on to be red elder. So keep upgrading and grinding a bit for another level or 2.

Run behind him during his cast and run away from him when he is a wolf.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

whypick1 posted:

*Run behind a pillar

I've always just treated it like a beam spell and ran behind and then kept moving, never once did I consider using pillar to make life easier.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

StoryTime posted:

I hope when the logs go online they go like, 'oh btw here are also the logs from the previous year or so'.

and it turns out it was rodent the entire time

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

TheRat posted:

Price fixing. You list an item for cheap to make other people do the same. Then you buy out items listed and re-sell it for a higher price at some later stage.

That is not price fixing, not at all.

That is people following a leader to the bottom of their own volition. One party does not have the ability to set prices from a seller's point nor a buyers point.

Instead there needs to be a community solution to these nonsense seller 'bait' prices, allow sellers to be voted out of being shown on the market lists on poe trade, you can block accounts. Also sellers of items that bring a good chunk need to research prices. If 10 people have it for 10 ex and one person has it for 8 ex they can most likely be ignored and even if it is a legitimate seller it is one item, it will sell and others will come around to buy.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

McFrugal posted:

That is what we call that behavior in the Path of Exile community, it doesn't matter if you disagree with the terminology. The price fixers list a bunch of the same items at the same price then snatch up items from anyone who takes the bait. You can think to yourself "well they're doing it voluntarily" but the thing is, the vast majority of people who take the bait don't know what's going on simply because they didn't scroll down far enough to get to the real prices. That's not an informed decision, and following a leader implies the leader is selling items at that price. They're not, they're listing items at that price, refusing to sell them, and buying them at that price whenever anyone thinks they're matching the real lowest price.
And what do you mean by "instead"? Instead of what?

Why is it not the fault of the seller to make informed choices? The information is there, instead they opt for the quick sale and complain at the same time about being taken advantage of. Their laziness was what was taken advantage of.

And the instead references how people expect GGG to do something about it when they have stated they simply will not, the community built poe trade, poe ninja (which does price trends at a glance for some items).

The community had to fix filters, granted GGG has been much more willing to work with requests for filters.

The community can come around to fixing this problem as well OR people can take ownership of their lack of knowledge of the trade values in the game and accept the losses. The item value in the game is an entire new layer to the game and the main reason many people who play SSF chose to do so. They force themselves out of the market because the market is pretty complicated and can't be followed by someone reading a guide. It is highly dynamic based on builds on streams and skill changes in leagues. GGG isn't going to be the one who fixes it.

Carrion Luggage fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 23, 2019

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

The information isn't there, it's in a third party website that you have to tab out of to access or download a trade helper. I of course am in favor of being hostile towards newbies while assholes abuse the trading system. The more newbies turned away the more "hardcore" the game is! Right? I think so.

Game has a learning curve. If you are fresh to the game and blindly found it then you are likely using tradechat, which is almost 100% awful.

I hardly see how having to access information, on the official site if you want to, is akin to being pro rear end in a top hat and anti newbie, except when you just want to make false equivalencies.

Those trade solutions were made by the community because GGG has said over and again, no matter how mad about it you are, they give no shits about how hard trading is. It isn't new, it has been this way since release. The solutions at hand were made by the people who hated how clunky it was to read dozes of trade threads and keep track of them, which was how it was originally. No public tabs, that was a nice change.

And having to learn how to trade effectively is hardly hardcore but it is another layer on top of the playing of the game. You play the game, you play the market, both have to be learned.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

Integrate the trade site functionality into the client

I'd love that and since they made an official trade browser I am not sure why they stopped there, but they did. I've just accepted that they don't care about trade, don't want us to use it and will continue to make crafting the way to get to the top.

Trading currency is still almost always required to craft those end game items and still suffers from the same setbacks as item trading but on a much easier learning curve. You can see trend data for those, sure it is at an offsite supplier but it is there to be used.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

Of course they care about trading, it's just a question of what makes them the most money directly/or indirectly. We got the system we have now as a compromise and they know they can't go back if they make any improvements to it. You know why? People would leave. They're hoping they can be just good enough.

Who said anything about hardcore? (Edit: oh I did oopsie doodles) The more you have systems that aren't properly explained ever, and are finicky and only really tangibly related to the core game play (killing things) the more your game is unfriendly to newbies. You throw stuff like the skill tree at the player without ever explaining it. Trading is just a thing you can do, oh and by the way better learn how to do it people are assholes trying to gently caress you. (you won't be told that though). The game can still be considered hardcore while actually telling its new players what is going on.

Edit: Oh wait I did say something about hardcore heh my bad!

The biggest change they need to discover the balance for is FUN vs. GIMMICK. The last couple of leagues just didn't have a fun factor in my playing but instead presented a grind factor that had a sorta, might be, could be rewarding system hidden under many layers of that learning curve, only to end up back at crafting the gear you want. Not all of us are like Rat and understand crafting so well we can see the steps to take in advance, because it is an intricate layer of the game that has another learning curve to it. Building, crafting, marketing all three are entirely confusing in their own way and have their own game to learn.

POE has never been explained by GGG, just put out there and the players find a way to explain it to other players.

I WANT better for the game but I simply do not see it coming no matter how hard we stomp our feet so we have to either find ways to put the changes in to the systems we can, trading via outside listing systems, or just stop playing. At least stop giving them money for things, but boycotts calls never do much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Vulpes posted:

Yes but are you running T16 maps in under 90 seconds? Because if you aren't, you're apparently failing at life.

This is the type of poo poo that hurts the game more than anything else. Life is high stress, why would I want my game to be.