Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I would think that BLS would be straight up better since you don't get stats out of using a second one and could use something like Doryani's Catalyst or Lycosidae offhand.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Solarflare posted:

Has anyone messed around with a skeletons/dark pact build on the beta? That seems really interesting to me but IDK if skeletons are good yet with the buffs.

The new active gems aren't in beta.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

lamentable dustman posted:

Mark released an updated description

http://i.imgur.com/0m6ScbS.jpg

With 9k life it is like 4k raw DPS

Mark later posted saying the he thought a bugfix was in that isn't and now they're trying to throw together a panic redesign. Good chance it's getting pulled tomorrow since it really needs some more time in the oven.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Budgie posted:

Time for a zero movespeed build?

It is always better to have more movespeed because your charge time is how long it takes to walk 60 units in a straight line. Just charge again if you want more hits on one guy.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm probably missing something obvious but is there any reason NOT to go for poison with physical builds that don't go for ele conversion now? Or Bleed I guess if that's any good, can't imagine it being better than poison though.

There never was a reason not to go for poison on non-conversion phys builds.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I hope mathil didn't gently caress up frost blades ranger for me

There are so many variations on that theme that it's basically streamerproof. Touch of Anguish routinely gets shouted down as a bad item, Ewar's Mirage is a Shaper viable leveling item, etc. If you can't get a good claw try a sword, if you can't get a sword try an axe, mace, dagger, or even a staff. If you can't scale phys grab icebite and added cold. There are no rules here.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 4, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Poedb put this up as the new dark pact:
pre:
Uses your Life if no Skeletons in range
is_area_damage
+4 Radius if using your Life
(0–95)% more Damage with Hits and Ailments if using your Life
Chains +2 Times
Deals (20–201) to (30–301) Chaos Damage
6% of hit Skeleton's Life dealt as Area of Effect Chaos Damage
Looks like the life based damage might not be a spell and you do a bit less selfcast damage.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

I would be curious to see how a dark pact vaal pact berserker works out. Sacrifice your life to leech it back? Sounds like a plan.

It's really good but also really scary til your selfcast bonus starts kicking in and you start abusing your well over 100% damage effectiveness with added chaos and apep's rage. The aoe is big enough that you can get away with leaving conc effect on all the time while leveling, which you'll need if you want any hope of beating your crippling addiction to red koolaid before level 62.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

animatorZed posted:

Thanks, there are a lot of mod mechanics I'm not familiar with, apparently.

Those affixes just came out. They nerfed es bases, buffed armor/evasion ones, and added small life + flat defense hybrid rolls

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

Is ES not good anymore? I'm playing with a friend who has never played before and he's been going for a CI build, but I keep reading about a "forced Life meta" in 3.0. I'm only leveling alongside him so I don't have any experience with end-game 3.0

We're in act 7 and he's struggling a lot (not actually CI yet just stacking ES) while I'm facetanking everything as Life.

You can no longer insta leech es and Ghost Reaver now nerfs your recharge to the point that you might as well not bother leeching es. And ES gear is weaker: a perfect 986 regalia is now 689.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Awesome! posted:

who is paying 70c for a belly that cant even roll 6s

Someone willing to force it with vorici for 300 jeweler's

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

10bux posted:

I've noticed quite a few goons wanting to play one of the Pathfinder/Raider Elemental Wander builds, so I just wanted to make a quick post to hopefully help you buy the best wand. Let me say first off, even though the wands aren't 10ex+ like the old phys wand builds, wanders are still expensive as gently caress too make. Keep that in mind if you wanna make one.

Anyway, in my opinion, your wand MUST have ALL of of the following four criteria:

1. Imbued Wand Base
2. Lightning Damage
3. Attack Speed
4. Crit Chance

Now I guarantee if you search for a wand with all four of the above plus something like... 180+ elemental dps, you are looking at wands costing many exalts. The good news is Master crafting wands is very good, specifically Increased Attack Speed and Increased Critical Strike Chance. This allows us many unique options for buying a wand.

Outlined below is my recommendation for buying a wand, which will cost whatever you pay for the wand, plus 2-4 exalted. Remember exalts are trading for 45:1c currently, so 180 chaos. Anyone who's played a wander will tell you this is cheap as gently caress for a wand that's almost impossible to replace for less then 20ex or something. If you cannot afford the 2-4 price, then use Piscator's Unique.

HOW TO BUY A GOOD ELEMENTAL WAND:

Step 1: Search poe.trade/poeapp for an Imbued Wand with 180+ Elemental DPS

Step 2: Look only at the wands with High Lightning Damage (T1/T2) and High Fire or Cold Damage (T1-T3). Then use one of the methods outlined below:

Wand One: First, look to see if there's any with 10%+++ Increased Attack Speed and an open suffix; or 20-25%+++ increased Critical Strike Chance with an open suffix. If there is, and its less then 2-4ex with the elemental damage above, this is a good deal and a good wand, I'd buy it. Take note that the third prefix and suffix really don't matter as long as you have the four criteria. however, WED, Multi, a 3rd Ele dmg, Increased Lightning Damage, etc are all nice bonuses and can actually make the wand worth a lot more then 4ex and still be a good deal. Good loving luck finding this wand before everyone else does though. If there are none, go on to Wand Two.

Wand Two: Now look for a wand with the necessary elemental DPS and ZERO suffixes. If there's one for 1-2ex or less, go ahead and buy it, it's a good deal (again, third prefix isn't a huge deal). Then with Elreon 8, you pay 2ex for "can have multiple crafted mods," and craft crit chance attack speed. If there aren't any wands like this, move onto Wand Three.

Wand Three: This is usually going to be your best bet in my opinion. Look for a wand with the necessary elemental damage that also has a third prefix that's either OPEN; or, 3rd elemental dmg, 20%+ Elemental Damage with attacks, Increased Lightning Damage %, or something like +2 lightning gems or spell damage is decent as well, but not as desirable. Once you find one that has the right prefixes, then look at the suffixes. The only thing that matters is that it has 1-3 open suffixes, basically (2 SUFFIX MAXIMUM). Try to find one that meets those prefix/suffix requirements for 1-20chaos, but I'd definitely pay up to an exalt for T1/T1. Then, take your wand to Haku level 8 and craft "prefixes cannot be changed." Once you have done that, use an orb of scouring so that all you have left is the elemental damage prefixes. Then take it to elreon 8 and craft "can have multiple crafted mods." Then back to Tora so that you can craft attack speed, crit chance, and possibly Elemental Damage with Weapons if you got an open prefix.

If there's no goons with high enough masters on, feel free to search the forums for a crafting service. I've never had a problem in prior leagues and I almost always use the free ones, but tell the guy im going to tip him in the end.

Here's a wand I just purchased for 10chaos, and will be using step 4:

I just purchased that for 10chaos, then I'll do the Haku 8 mod "prefixes cannot be changed," scour it, then elreon 8 for "can have multiple crafted mods," then craft Increased Elemental Damage with Weapons, Increased Critical Strike Chance, Increased Attack Speed. You might have to divine a couple times to get the rolls you want but those are currently cheap.

Total cost = 10 chaos + 2 exalt + 1 scour + 2 exalt + 4 alchemy + 2 chaos. 4ex 12chaos 1 scour 4alch.

You spent 200 chaos on a weapon that's worse than Piscator's Vigil for most use cases.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It's solid but good doons and repentences are somewhat pricey and don't do a whole lot til you get your astramentis and other strength gear. That and he goes way out of his way for jewels and cast speed (life + relevant damage jewels cost a fortune, you'll be lucky to get life and 1 damage for under 15c).

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 15, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

What does the smoke cloud on Stibnite flasks do?

Blinds anyone caught in it, halving their accuracy. Makes them much easier to evade and much less likely to crit.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

KoldPT posted:

I keep getting one shot by uber lab izaro. I have almost 7k health (ancestral warchief berserker). What am I doing wrong, other than "getting hit"?

Do I just need to get good?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KoldPT/characters

It's the level 82 berserker.

Get a basalt flask and keep your fortify up. If you're just trying to finish be sure to kill all the essences and don't let the conduits stay up, they massively increase his damage. Also don't get hit by the leap slam, windup slash, or the goddess' mortars.

Most of Uber Izaro's big windup moves do 4-5k phys damage without any help. Conduits are 30% extra elemental damage on top of that, each. Essences 60%. Conduits also give him 30% chance to inflict the relevant ailment, which can mean the next hits deal 50% more damage in the case of shock.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 15, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Araganzar posted:

I decided to take the first decent thread in Games today with a game I hadn't played yet and give it a shot. So congrats, OP.

Problem is I guess I picked the worst possible time to try to get in a goon guild and I have no idea what I am doing in this game other than it's very diablolic.

I did about 3 minutes of research (googled "poe berserker starter build ") and found this build that claims to be "budget and starter friendly". I definitely want to be a muscle wizard because why wouldn't you do this if you could?

Here is where I'm at. The guide said to spend some chaos on life twigs and gold rims which was like what so I ignored that and put sunder and life gain on a rat bat and that's basically my entire plan. I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything uncharacteristically stupid before I invest too much more into this guy. Not sure how to kill bosses efficiently either.

Your profile is private. They default to that due to some old scandal.

Dark Pact is very good and strong.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

So I finally reached the postgame for the first time ever. Am I supposed to immediately kick out one of my masters to fit in Zana? Unfortunately my highest level Master is still only at 6 so I can only fit 4 people in.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated with how often this game disconnects me on area transition though. Maybe I should take a break until they fix their servers.

Yep, Zana's more important than those other jerks.

Disconnects during loads are a fact of life but maybe try a different server.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Raged posted:

There is a super secret way to get into the goon guild. Maybe if you morons read the op you will figure it out.

That normally works but at this point it looks like we're out of people to kick short of kicking them the moment they log off.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Goons, tell me about your Dark Pact Berserker builds. From what I've seen there's a little bit of variance in the tree (BM/MoM) but a lot of different variance in gear.

I currently have a Doons and a 6L chest (holy chainmail) that I got for mega cheap, but otherwise am a blank slate. My duder is 35 and just got VP by going south under Scion, and now I'm getting BM in about 12 levels.

My current plan, based off a level 95 HC guy that I'm copying, is to go full on Iron Will in my 6L. I will end up with somewhere around 11k life when it's all done with.

Should I change this up and go with a Pledge + MoM? Kaoms is absolutely loving stupid expensive so forget that for the time being. Maybe dual Apeps?

I basically want to dunk on endgame content with this build.

Dual Apep's is better the lower your level and the worse your gear. Eventually a good sceptre and shield or staff will work about as good and give you better movement skills and life. They were absolutely amazing when I only had 3k life and are still worth about a link with 5700 life and pretty lovely sceptre/board.

I don't really like Pledge for Dark Pact. While spell echo is a great dps link, most of the time you one shot packs and it just makes you pay more life. Probably have to deal with it if you're going MoM, though.

5l Carcass Jacks aren't super expensive, so use that if you want a unique chest. It's not 100% necessary but the area and damage are nice and it's easy to color.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 15, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Gear, gear and gear.

Also simply leveling from 60 to 90 is almost as as much life as putting on a Kaom's instead of a rare chest.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Awesome! posted:

why do people call dirge a cold ngamahu when it doesnt poo poo out ice bombs as you spin

Because those are the words Mathil used to hype the stupid thing. It's nothing of the sort and the single target is pretty disappointing if you think of it that way.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pierson posted:

I've decided rather than neurotically save every single type of currency/essense/whatever in the off-chance it will be more useful later I'm just gonna use everything whenever I want and be happy with cool items early on.

That said is there anything I should 100% not use anywhere but the endgame?

Fusings are expensive right now so you're probably better off buying things linked than linking them yourself until endgame.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

Im just showing that you can get to an endgame capable build with some pretty valuable items even if you die a hundred times before because you're bad. I'm not great at this game and made a ton of mistakes, but if you keep playing you'll eventually get there, it's actually really hard to hit a complete brick wall.

I find that the biggest ender of characters is boredom and getting tired of holding the same button for hundreds of maps.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Can someone link me their Dark Pact Berzerker in PoB? I tried making one on my own and it came out super loving wonky.

https://pastebin.com/V7z3yKig Blight with jewels is a huge amount of increased damage taken that doesn't require hoping a wither totem survives long enough to do anything. Abyssal Cry is mostly a gimmick but it kills dudes and triggers onslaught. Lightning Warp is actually a pretty solid replacement for walking in this setup. With flasks, vaal grace, and the ridiculous berserker leech I'm pretty tanky. My old setup with wither totem and life + damage jewels is there for comparison.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Hey so what do I do with all these low level uniques I keep finding? Do I try to sell them or are they useful for other things (other than leveling alts)?
Dump them in gstash, save them for the 5 for 1 prophecy, vendor them.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

So you just pop off a Blight every so often for the 50% damage increase? Probably worth trying out over Wither Totem since that never survives anything. I am confused as to why your build is showing as Alira when it's not a crit build though.

Early game mana and resist issues since I leveled with dark pact. The blight debuff lasts just over 2 seconds with 2 jewels and an inc duration gem.

I'm really not a fan of spell echo (and thus pledge) on dark pact. It mostly just makes you spend twice as much life to kill trash.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 21, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Well, speaking of good drops, I just got this:

pre:
Rarity: Unique
Marohi Erqi

So the maul is a massive DPS boost, but I need to respec out of axes and into maces. Worth it I guess?

I'm also going to miss the +100 life on my axe. :(

Buy a Kaom's Primacy or Hezmana's Bloodlust for an alch. Or Debeon's Dirge if you're willing to respec into an elemental damage build. Or spend a few chaos on a Ngamahu's Flame.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 24, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dennis McClaren posted:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dreadarc

I've got maybe 5 or 6 Jewelers orbs. I have 3 sockets on this right now, but a 4th would be nice. Would I probably waste all of my orbs trying to get 1 more socket on this thing?

Don't socket things in weapons while leveling. You'll be swapping out to something else at fairly regular intervals and linking a bunch of leveling weapons gets expensive

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What should I do with a huge amount of magic jewels that are piling up? I already vendor 5 junk rares together to make a new one but there are just so many magic ones.

Same thing you do with rares or you could try alt spamming for good mods and regaling them.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Six hours later, I bought a 6L Lioneye's Vision for 375c.

Does that include coloring the loving thing? Whoever decided to put free pierce gem on a red chest is the king of all trolls.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

animatorZed posted:

Sometimes?

Incidentally, not sure how to price that. Damage doesn't seem great and its a mace.

Weylam would be proud to take it off your hands.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

mathil uses a stibnite to blind her to skip the hit entirely, but then again he's mathil

He's right, provided you can tank the occasional one that doesn't give a poo poo. A stibnite of reflexes and a Carcass Jack is enough to stop 2/3 of attacks in Uber Atziri with no other investment. Add in a jade flask and a starkonja's and you're ignoring 80% of all attacks, even in Shaper. It's kind of astounding how easy it is to spike evasion up to ridiculous effectiveness vs how much armor makes you work for it.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 30, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

awesmoe posted:

How often do ggg nerf things midleague? Do they tend to do big item/skill rebalances between leagues or am I going to blow all my carefully hand-fetched chaos orbs on a biscos and then wake up tomorrow to find it's worthless?

Also it's kinda disconcerting to hear the same bird noises in game that I usually hear outside.

GGG almost never nerfs things midleague unless they can pass it off as a bugfix.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

McFrugal posted:

Starforge is a sword. Viper Strike can be used with swords. What makes Blade Flurry better at single target poison dps?

He has it backwards, you can use viper strike with starforge but not blade flurry. A shame because blade flurry is by far the best single target dps of any melee skill. Nothing else comes close because of the stupid amount of damage releasing on 6 charges does. Lacerate is your best single target dps with a 2h sword (177% weapon damage per second thanks to hitting twice per attack, double strike is a little more but who wants to be that close?), though viper strike might stand a chance if you don't have any other source of poison

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 31, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

McFrugal posted:

Well first off, I was talking about Viper Strike from a single target perspective. So viper strike is 1.46x base dps but it's 2x duration (or more from duration nodes!) for poison so that's 2.92x, with the free 60% chance to do so.

I wouldn't even bother with poison on Starforge. Bosses have chaos resistance and there are way too many good phys scaling gems now. You leech more without it, and do more damage unless you really go out of your way to scale poison.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

Tough to get exact numbers for poe. The steam numbers are about 50k. You could probably multiply that by some unknown factor, since not everybody uses the steam client, particularly in other countries. Maybe 200k if you are generous.

WoW's peak subscriber count was 12 million, so I don't think PoE will be overtaking that any time soon.

Some 8 million people have PoE in their steam libraries and it just missed 100k concurrent Steam users during the 3.0 launch. 12 million WoW subs were not online concurrently. Way back in 2015 GGG told Gamasutra that they had 11.5 million users worldwide.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 2, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Shakenbaker posted:

Managed to get a Breach unique drop and of course it isn't one that's got any real value. Would it even be worth building around a Xoph bow? I've never done an ignite build and I'm half-rear end thinking about it.

People have made decent builds with it but idk how well they work with the new ailment changes.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Not even sure how to price this; there are no others on poe.trade or even comparable rare amulets. And no one would probably search for it directly.

The cheapest comparable rare I could find http://poe.trade/search/akagiokagamahu is 300c and has crit multi but less resistance. others are 600+

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Xequecal posted:

Speaking of Dark Pact, how does it interact with CI? I assume you get no damage bonus from life you dont have, but does it instantly kill you or fail to cast? Failing that, do you still get the more area damage and radius boosts that apply "when using your life" applied to the base damage of the spell?

Dark Pact can't kill you and you can cast it with 1 life. For CI it won't do self damage and won't get any bonus from your 1 remaining life but still gets the selfcast radius and multiplier. You should probably use it with skeletons anyway, just for the damage bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Xequecal posted:

The idea is that because Dark Pact scales incredibly well with flat added damage, (almost 200% effectiveness on a 0.5 cast speed spell) you could do something like dual wield Apep's Rages on a mana Guardian. That will have the mana regen to support what would probably be 100% increased cast speed and 80% increased mana cost, and with those + added chaos you can just machinegun poo poo down with wither totem for bosses.

I do that anyway on a berserker with 6500 life wearing a bisco's. Mana's only an issue when I'm not leeching, which is why I switched out crave the slaughter, which only matters for single bosses on -recovery maps at my mediocre 5l damage, for war bringer. War Bringer gives me 20 seconds of rallying cry, basically full mana on cast after reservations, and an alternate source of healing in labs in cast traps get me down. Once I get a 6l going and stop using lazy mapping gems I shouldn't even really care about the missing leech on -recovery maps. CI would eat 1/3 of my dps.

Also blight jewels are much less annoying to use than wither totems.

If you're not running it off life, totem life, or skeleton life you should probably look into stacking added elemental damage but that will kill your all important reflect immunity.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 5, 2017