Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Im going rf zerker like a bunch of people unless it's getting nerfed a ton. Rf totems do a poo poo ton of damage and make the leveling trivial once you hit 42 or whatever for soul mantel (a 3 link will kill everything in an instant till like tier 5 maps) but never liked the totem start up time. Made things feel a little janky.

Any leaks on how Dark Pact will scale? I saw it will scale with life and is AoE so I'm wondering if there is anyway to make it work with RF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

There were 9 aura builds, plus vaal auras as well which counted but I think that was only for dedicated support. There was also a few 7 or 8 aura SRS builds.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Vasudus posted:

Fair, but how many supports would really help it? It's Chaos, Area, Duration. So that's what, Void Manipulation (green), Inc/Conc (blue) and maybe less duration (red) if that even works. You might not even need all those sockets.

Less duration and rapid would not work for the same reason it doesn't work with RF. It is a DOT but has no duration unless you add a spell totem (which I don't think will work either as the 'spell' isn't cast but is always on). GGG already confirmed generosity wouldn't work. Pretty sure the only supports that work are Inc AOE, conc effect and void manip. Nerffed to hell decay will do better DPS.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Mark released an updated description

http://i.imgur.com/0m6ScbS.jpg

With 9k life it is like 4k raw DPS

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

redneck nazgul posted:

Approximately how much health does a level 20 spell totem get?

Dark Pact Totem Occultist sounds fun.

I don't think the numbers have ever been released but its estimated to be around 5000 before 3.0. Not sure with the nerfed totem life.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

fyi, if you have a steam poe account you can message support and get them to activate it for standalone client

that said i prefer steam client except I'm remote for work on a linux labtop and standalone seems to work better with wine

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I hope Harbinger dudes gets better in the late game because it is mostly just annoying right now during leveling. Just chasing the guy around and wait for him to spawn monsters to pick up 1/20th of a chaos

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Pastry Mistakes posted:

So one of the things that pushed me away from PoE when I first started playing it way back when is the fact that it seems a bit merciless in class progression. God forbid you gently caress up with your passive skills because you're really not going to get a chance to undo everything.

I think I hit that point with my brand new level 50 marauder who drat near instantly dies on the beach in act 6.

So gently caress. Honestly this is the one thing where D3 beats this game. PoE kicks its rear end in the lore department, the customization of classes, the maps, crafting, loving everything. But the whole shtick of "well you wouldn't respect your character if you could just respec hurr duurrr" is absolutely asinine.

If you die instantly in Act6 go back to Act5 and farm the temple till you get some points to get more life. If you hosed up your build go back do the respec points quests or drop some chaos on regrets.

Your issue is probably a gear issue more then anything though. After act5 you get cursed for less resistance and act6 beach drops a ton of scorching ray totems that will destroy you if not at least 50% fire resist.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

kaaj posted:

So few pages back I've been wondering about running SSF HC Righteous Fire berserker, and was told that that's a bad idea. I of course laughed and did it either way - and even though so far levelling is ok (as Sunder), I reached level 30 so as soon as I'll get the warcry life regen passive from normal lab, I'm going to see how this works.

One thing though is that I don't have a Ruby Flask yet - and not sure if there's a vendor recipe for getting one? I know that there may be a quest reward with this, but if it already happened (I'm in act 3), I must have taken the usual Quicksilver flask if given a chance.

The act 2 bear side quest has utility flasks now along with the old belts. Had QS for sure, may have a ruby

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Also what's a good tank build. I'm on a crappy labtop right now and when a breech or something happenes my fps goes to half a fps. Can't really react to the damage so I'm thinking of a max block build which I've never done before. Any suggestions on a build.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

NecroMonster posted:

mostly an auction system would increase ggg's overhead and require development resources

The trade API is public and more people are running private sniper bots now. Can't imagine that's good for the overhead. They use around a gig of data an hour.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Vasudus posted:

Traps work with Dark Pact :thunk:

I believe it would use the trap hp if no skellies around which is like none.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

frajaq posted:

if I wanted to do something similar to this guy, I would need to be in a map with the Nemesis modifier before using the orbs, correct?

Has to be the Zana mod, standard rolled nemesis affix won't work for whatever reason

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Here is a question, what rituals does everyone go through before they attempt to 6 link their first item in a league?

I've tried all kinds of poo poo but have never hit a 6 link

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Kild posted:

Unless you're farming uber lab (with that build why?) just spec out of VP between phases. Its what I did on HC.

I just joined global 820 and had a chill dude carry me for just the offering. It owned.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

the answer to "should i get a bisco?" is always yes unless you are doing endgame bosses, bisco helps with that because you are forced to gear around having no stats in your neck and all the money from the bisco lets you slot in a full dps neck

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Yea, only time leapslam felt good to me was when i started doing the num lock trick which has its own annoying problems

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Xequecal posted:

Can anyone figure out what's wrong with this RF build I'm trying to theorycraft? I have 14% regen and it still shows my regen as negative even with Rise of the Phoenix. According to the wiki that should be way more than enough.

https://pastebin.com/tqUzF83n

Forgot to include purity of fire

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

dis astranagant posted:

I mistyped. Meant to say +2 bow, which is porcupine card set and +2 essence. making it +3 takes a few exalts to craft can't roll attack affixes and then slam for +1 generic. Still isn't very expensive. Doing it on a staff costs more because dark mage is higher and you have to craft -attack and -caster affixes before you slam.

Am I missing something, I don't see how you can get +2 for ED on a bow, none of the weapon essences really benefit it besides delirium for decay. Only the +1 generic rolls on bows.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

StashAugustine posted:

That's my misunderstanding, didnt realize you couldn't get +chaos on bows.

Ok, that makes more sense.

Because I'm planning on doing ED for the first time ever in the upcoming race league I did some PoBing and crafted a +1 bow with lvl 7 essence of woe and added Leo lvl3 (lol) DoT mod for good measure along with a soul strike quiver and it still does a poo poo ton less damage then a couple cheap uniques. Used a cheap as hell heartbreaker and more expensive Rathpith Globe and the bow does a good 30% less damage. More importantly you don't lose shield charge.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I use space for movement skill and use the num lock trick for force attack

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Buffing glacial cascade with threshold jewels is an odd choice unless it's getting large numbers nerf

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Ultima66 posted:

Here's some:

How fast does the Effigy put up curses (instant or cast time per curse)?
Can you use the curses as Blasphemy yourself?
What's the mana cost of the Effigy?
Is there a cooldown on the Effigy?
Why are the curses supported by Blasphemy at all if Effigy has all the functionality already?

I read it as effigy acts like a totem and all the curses have the blasphemy+curses so cast time would be normal totem start up speed.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

theshim posted:

it's a cunning plan to make more players actually level Leo

They lowered Leo dot mod to something dumb like 5%

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

quote:

Summoned Skeletons now have a 50% more added damage multiplier, up from 30% less added damage.

Weren't skelly mages already really good? That seems pretty broken.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Phobophilia posted:

These "more added multipliers" are only relevant for flat added damage, from things like anger/wrath.

So it's not that much of a buff in reality.

OK that makes more sense. Still a pretty good chunk on hatred with aura effect

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Cinara posted:

Hatred isn't added damage.

Meant anger, it's to late to be theory crafting

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Anyone want to look at my ice crash build and let me know if I'm missing anything? Getting 500k+ shaper dps with no jewels in. Seems pretty cheap overall except for probably 40c in flasks (the steel rings can be any ring with a phys roll) . Still working out some sockets.

https://pastebin.com/UaxPuYHa

I have trees for Zerker and Slayer. Zerker does more damage obviously but the utility in Slayer I think is more important. I'm not sold on getting the new VP, it isn't that much more leech regen then normal leech and regen.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Sab669 posted:

I was looking for cool Elementalist Witch builds to play and came across this Clayshaper / Primordial 'Golemancer' build. Has anyone here tried it? How is it?

Are the Primordial jewels typically expensive?

Really good but expensive for a league starter. Required jewels to get it started is like 200c.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Could i get a guild invite: vinnytk

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

TheRat posted:

"the specified character does not exist"

poo poo, thought it was account name

character name is LamentableFireDuder

e: thanks!

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 8, 2017

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Svensken posted:

I am unreasonably pissed that they didnt make Ancestral Call support work on single target but increase the damage decrease.

All I wanted was to run Molten Strike - Multistrike - Ancestral Call and drown the bosses in balls.

Could use a gem swap or better yet a worm flask or two

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

just got dced from login server after being in queue for an hour and half, back of the line :rip:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

frajaq posted:

I'm using VP and Damage on Full Life following some build I saw and sometimes my HP just won't top off even leaching inside packs of mobs or using my health flasks, usually by very tiny amounts like pictured.

Am I missing something or is it bugged out? Usually I wouldn't notice/care much about that but for once I AM using a Damage on Full Life support

I'm a slayer with VP and it still seems active even with blood rage active but I'll double check later.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

George posted:

I'm doing MoM Trickster ED/Contagion and it's fun as gently caress. I came into a jeweller's touch and now I have to choose a chest armor but I'm seeing so many options. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if flat added chaos to spells affects my damage? Doesn't seem like it would.

I don't think there is a great unique chest for ED/Contagion to use it on. Shavs if you want to drop MoM and go LL or Cospri's for another curse but that would waste the poison and no life. Belly is always good too. Maybe better to sell it and put it toward a cheap 6 link chest or try to find a +3 staff.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

frajaq posted:

I'm using VP and Damage on Full Life following some build I saw and sometimes my HP just won't top off even leaching inside packs of mobs or using my health flasks, usually by very tiny amounts like pictured.

Am I missing something or is it bugged out? Usually I wouldn't notice/care much about that but for once I AM using a Damage on Full Life support

Just verified, with BR running i'm at 5246/5252 life but Damage on Full Life still works while leeching with Endless Hunger

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

MMF Freeway posted:

Shopping for ghastly jewels for spectres. Is there any way to tell how effective stacking flat damage is compared to percentage?

I had to create custom jewels in PoB to check. Generally I found percent based from normal jewels to be better for my build.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Insurrectionist posted:

Is there any TL:DR on how the Elder poo poo works?

I noticed some of my yellow maps getting taken over by Elder and his cronies while I was chaining T16s yesterday and took the time to try one but other than the general poo poo that shows up in every Elder-influenced map (extra mobs and tentacle portals) nothing happened, not in the map and not on the Atlas. So I just shrugged and went back to doing regular T16s.

From playing around with it I think you need to remove all the cronies from the atlas and then you go for the elder influenced map and he will show up then.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

The Locator posted:

Question about Abyssal jewels. If it says "Adds X lightning damage to wand attacks", does that only apply to the base wand standard attack (which I never use), or does is apply to attack spell gems that are set in that wand?

It applies to the standard attack and any wand skill that has the attack keyword (kinetic blast, barrage, power siphon)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Xolve posted:

Mostly because stun immunity is gone from the traditional Headsman/Brutal Fervor set up.

With moving the bleed immunity node it killed golden rule flicker. That build with wifu sword was fun.

Maybe it'll still be viable as scion

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 26, 2018