Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So what's the Alva fix if you failed your first incursion due to time and can't go back in, or do anything else with the dumb temple minigame now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

How long does maintenance typically last?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I sunk every orb of fusing I had + every jeweler's orb (to yeena for more fusings) + every aug (to yeena for more jorbs) into a Soul Mantle before looking up the chance to 6link a 20% quality item and now I'm just, sighing real heavy.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Add Diablo 3 level loot rates to SSF for one league and see how quickly the market corrects friction-bearing trade out of existence.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Is there an easier way to get the socket colors I want on a piece of gear? The wiki's "oh just toggle between crafting 2 and 3 sockets, then 3 and 4" method doesn't seem to work anymore, as it won't let me downgrade the socket count, so is it just back to the Chromatic mines with me?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It's probably ultimately cheaper to just buy a 6s death's oath of the colors I want, ultimately, I'd imagine (esp. since the drop one I have is just 4 atm).

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If I'm trying to trade one currency for another and someone posts in /trade at a rate that severely undercuts (to my disadvantage) half the postings on the official trade forum, I should just log out for awhile, right (example: trying to get ~140c for 1ex, and someone posts "WTB 1ex 120c")

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

frajaq posted:

its not insta kill but pretty fast, for me it would go faster if I switched Increased AoE -> Concentrated Effect but I'm lazy, also I'm using Trickster so I go pretty fast too

You're supposed to use together with https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Allelopathy and Wither spell totem too

Basically followed this guide and I'm having a lot of fun just zipping around barely having to press buttons
I'm doing the same thing and it absolutely owns.

Adaptations I've had to do because I'm poor after buying even a mediocre 6s Oath and (the real fuckin' killer) a Despair Impresence, that feel really good so far:
- Bubonic Trail with Life Leech Support, Culling Strike Support, Increased AoE
- Magnate belt for some cheap resistances (because you'll have 200 Str)
- Atziri's Mirror (the cheap one not the good one) with more cheap resistances

All are things you can get for pennies in trade, and that Death Walk makes one guy dying turn into an empty screen (and a persistently full health bar for you, even before you get a lot of regen).

e: Also this build weirdly misses out on the Charisma node subset to the lower right, which you can splash into once you get to maps because it gives you, in order: 20% aura radius (which is all your aoe except blight and abyssal cry); - mana reserved; - mana reserved and increased non-curse aura effect (hello, Death's Oath).

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 30, 2018

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

xiansi posted:

See now, this thing:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149006/page/1

was linked earlier in the thread, and I was tempted.

It's a very well written guide, explains everything, and had me at the 'free' 6-link on a cheap unique chest, with cheap supporting items...until I realised it's 5 off colours to make it work. But last time I checked you could get that ready coloured for ~200 chaos, so maybe worth a look - it certainly fits your "run through packs" style.
If you're willing to *~*start suboptimally*~* you can get a Death's Oath with 5 of your 6 desired colors for a fraction of the cost of a perfectly-colored one, and still be putting out solid damage (like, "oops I wasn't paying attention to his lifebar while dodging his poo poo and Eternal Lab Izaro is just dead now, cool")

Honestly the biggest shitter of that build is the Impresence: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/a3yY6RCe

Hovers around 60c, I managed to snipe one for 10 through dumb luck and being at the right place at the right time.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

euphronius posted:

Whenever I feel like I know something I browse my builds top listings on Poe ninja. Amazing. Especially now in league midlife.
This is how I discovered that the Advanced tech for Allelopathy on the Death's Oath Trickster is swapping out 2 of your support gems for Cast While Channeling and Essence Drain, and hoooly poo poo it's strong.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I said "no loving way" out loud when I realized: oh yeah, the other support gems you'd use for Blight are perfect for Essence Drain, too. And apply.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Add a Spell Aura Support gem that acts like Death's Oath: Deals passive damage in an area, and you take the damage as a refreshing non-stacking DoT when something dies. Death's Oath for everyone 2019

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Arrhythmia posted:

There's basically never going to be major system wide nerfs as long as 1) ggg's paycheck is a function of the manhours spent playing and 2) nerfs remain the fastest way to kill player retention.
Yeah if you want to see what knee-jerk "oh no people are playing our game too fast" nerfs and reworks do to a f2p diablo-like, hop in a time machine and look at what happened to Marvel Heroes and their active player numbers, right before dramatic mishandling of their licensing agreement killed the studio anyway.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm just telling myself that the 37000 people ahead of me in the queue will be doing the lord's work of making the builds I'll eventually follow anyway, so really, this is saving me time.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So anyone finding some melee skills that feel better then they expected or anything of the travel/guard skill variety stick out as amazing?

Frostblink has shoved flame dash in the dumpster where it belongs.
For better-than-expected melee skills, Lacerate in both stances absolutely whips. Either huge cone of murder or slightly smaller cone of ultra-murder. Good choices.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Today I learned if you Dash + Cyclone while an incursion is transitioning you out, you snap back into the temple room. You don't get any more progress, can't get stone of passage drops (unclear if you could use existing ones to open doors yet), and since you can't Portal out you have to disconnect and run back.

On the bright side, if you're quick enough Alva still has your loot pile. Looked like the temple didn't update with the rooms I opened though.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I think my Alva is broken.

I beat the Omnitect, got all the loot and peaced out. Now whenever I run into Alva again, they show me a new temple but say the text for once you've unlocked a temple, and the only option I have is "Open Temple" which does nothing. As does View Temple.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Is this the worst league to try Righteous Fire in? I've got a hand injury so I want a low-clicking build but I don't like summons. Send help

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ah, good to know, thanks all. Guess it's another game for me for awhile

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

theshim posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797474

Some more things they're working on. The addition of new reward stacks and better weighting is quite nice.

quote:

Additionally, we've reduced the likelihood of receiving Generic, Weapon, Armour and Trinket reward types.
Thank loving christ, I saw two unique deliriums in my first few days and have had nothing but Generic or Armour since

Also I found a low-click build! CWC Cyclone-Unearth-Cremation Necro. It's stupid as hell. I love it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Rutibex posted:

Shut your filthy mouth.

Give me all that juicy loot GGG, dont stop it coming!
Seconding this, even as someone still leveling through the story it now feels like a thing worth doing at all, as opposed to a grayscale moment of reflection where you think about past, better leagues.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Reminder there were quite a bit of streamers complaining about it (justifiably) a few days ago and thats probably what tipped the conversation internally
Hey, let's get them to complain about reflect and no-regen maps and get that unfun, reroll-trash poo poo out of the game while they're at it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Facebreaker Earthquake or Facebreaker <insert another slam skill>? I wanna ignore my weapon slot and just punch the ground to make people fall down and not get up.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

please knock Mom! posted:

I hope that some form of it stays during leveling because it’s a great way to show people the power of crafting.
Yeah this league whips rear end, it's the first time I can remember that I've not spent huge chunks of the main act structure just sighing and reminding myself that eventually I will be in maps and things will be better.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Doing maps with a Facebreaker Earthshatter Juggernaut. It's fine but feels very whatever, stuff dies a screen at a time and I'm made of poo poo and iron but eh.

Might just do Arcanist Brand Bladefall Assassin next. Feels like a league to get nutty with it for some reason.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Iverron posted:

I gave up on it anyway. I’m too old and bad at reacting to keep an eye on the little counters in my skill bar.

That + I really have never been much of a fan of indirect skills with cast times that need to be recast regularly like Blade Vortex, the stop and start shuffle grinds me down.

Tec Slam Chieftain + Infernal Cry + Call to Arms is about what I’m willing to deal with right now. Not optimal but feels better.
If you want a mellow cry-heavy-ish build, I've been doing Earthshatter + Infernal Cry + Seismic Cry and the rhythm is basically

Movement skill to group
ES
a cry
ES
a cry
pause to consider if the screen is clear yet; repeat if so. if not, repeat without movement skill

Fist of War basically means you're as good / better off to just give it some time to ensure empowered megaslams unless you're on a single target that won't die in one shot.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

drewmoney posted:

Anybody who knows about warcries feel like giving a look at "my" build? Pressing a button and watching poo poo explode is fun, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. Took a Ziz EQ Juggernaut build and modified it. I was using Call to Arms but as far as I can tell that's counterintuitive to running more than one warcry?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/drewmoney/characters?characterName=DrewMaurder

(Yes my gear sucks, I'm trying!)
Put Maim Support on your Flesh and Stone and move your Banner somewhere else, OR:
If you use Infernal Cry with Fortify Support, or Fortify Support on Leap Slam (you've got an unused 2 red link in your body right now), you free up your Earthshatter for Pulverise Support even on a 5L.

Otherwise have fun, ES-Cries-Jugg is good mellow times

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hell, I'd settle for them fixing the bug where a Bladefall Arcanist Brand won't attach to/activate on Kitava or the spider boss. Ideally before I get to the maps where those are bosses.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

dyzzy posted:

That sucks, drat. Just bladefall, or any arcanist brand?
I didn't think to try it with any others, but I would assume it's something stupid like, the game can't determine where to drop blades if the center of the aoe is on top of the off-the-play-area boss so it just doesn't bother. Since Bladefall itself works just fine (because it just treats it like you targeted the edge, and that is indeed how I had to beat those bosses), and other brands attach just fine. Edge case gaming ftw folks

On the bright side this stupid build is fun as hell, if I can stick with it through the rest of the Atlas as a proof of concept I might write it up since the entire build was "look on poe.ninja until one vaguely similar showed up, then replace their Necromancer with Assassin and redraw the passive tree as needed."

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Add some of the more popular beastcrafts (like the flask ones) to the regular bench or even make them a vendor sale-recipe (like, flask + blue skill gem gets you back flask Of Heat, etc.) and Einhar can gently caress off forever

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

My hottest take of the day: I think there are too many divination cards, especially given the volume of duds. Oh word? Some Scrolls of Wisdom? Thanks dude.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm torn about this league, because on the one hand being able to QoL craft your way into decent socketings on your first character's leveling gear and getting resist-capped fairly easily has made this the smoothest league to start since I've been playing the game. But on the other hand, the liminal mid-maps space where you could reeeeeally use a few key, incremental upgrades (like going from a 5L to 6L, etc.) feels worse than ever because trading is the most expensive it's ever felt between what feels like a shrinking seller base and the inability to really generate currency from this league mechanic, specifically, unless you have a Sell tab already. Also holy poo poo I hate setting up the stupid garden, I know I only have to do it once but it's not fun and it's not intuitive to me, someone with like an hour of lifetime Stardew Valley playtime.

Basically I'd love it if this made them re-examine the utility and accessibility of crafting while leveling, but also, that it makes them reluctant to do another eat your vegetables league like this again. I'll keep the ability to freely alch maps though.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

God drat it. No mention of doing anything about the Bladefall Arcanist Brand interaction with off-arena bosses (Kitava) that I could see, but hey, we were able to remove an interesting interaction people liked!

quote:

Fixed a bug where Fortify Support could apply to some triggered skills, such as Combust from Infernal Cry.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

This is cool but it made me realize why I'm bouncing off of this league: The most ridiculous things you can do with this league gimmick all amount to "now imagine how much I can get for trading this" and I hate engaging with trade. Give me another lootsplosion league.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So I really like the Heist gimmick, except I feel like the regular ones are way too easy, and the grand ones are way too overtuned on damage. Like a regular one (at least while leveling, mid-40s now) you can just walk through everything blindly, click whatever, facetank an army behind a door, who cares, for at-level heists. Take a grand heist 3-5 levels below you and get instantly blown up upon grabbing loot. Has happened twice now, not a fan given that this is operating under Lab rules instead of map rules in terms of lives/chances.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tenzarin posted:

I hope they make them not so hard hitting.
I think part of the problem with this is that specifically, your exit is a series of doors where every enemy is lined up to all focus fire on you the split second you're visible, so even if the enemies individually aren't that tough, getting like 20 of their chunky lightning blasts hucked at your head all at once feels extremely bad.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Yeah, for my complaints I still really like the concept, and it has the hallmark of a good league mechanic to me: I find myself thinking "I would kind of rather just do this over maps."

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Aerox posted:

So far my strategy that’s been working pretty well is to just ignore the large chests completely unless they’re currency and sometimes div cards. In most heists, that letting me open most/all of the smaller chests, or setting off the alarm on the last one or two of them. The rewards don’t seem that much better from the big chests so the only thing I feel like I’m losing is certainty on what’s in them.
Yeah same, if you're just trying to get more and better broadly (leveling, early maps, etc.) the only times I've felt like it wasn't a total waste to go for a single big chest instead of like 5 little ones in its place, is if they're uniques and I'm rolling the dice on getting something build-enabling.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I hope they increase the drop rate of rogue gear soon, given that I'm in the mid-70s and have gotten 4 pieces of rogue gear (3 of which were white/unmodded and required level 5 in a skill to even equip).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

TheRat posted:

You know you can craft the items, right?
You whaaaat