Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

MerrMan posted:

Anyone got any tips for Ngamahu's Flame cyclone (meatballs)?

Tips? if you want to play that in the coming league the axe is going to be expensive, and the neck is going to be VERY expensive. Breaches are rare as hell compared to the previous leagues, and unless the patch notes mention serious changes from how it was on beta, everything from them will be quite expensive.

Raider would be my top choice, move speed is king for Cyclone, but Berserker would be a close second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Right, I always forget the axe wasn't actually a Breach drop, it went up a ton in price after Breach League but that was likely just popularity. And sure the neck isn't required but it's a massive dps upgrade. I would say with the buff to Cyclone AoE in 3.0 that the build should actually end up feeling a lot better, I kinda hated it in Legacy with the massive AoE nerfs. Even with Headhunter giving a massive speed boost Cyclone felt really lovely compared to how it used to be.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Scourge should be a lot cheaper also because it was mostly only used in poison builds and the double dipping there is gone now.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Mozi posted:

Sorry for the basic questions, but I'm starting from scratch (played a long time ago) and a Vaal orb dropped for my lvl 16 guy. Am I correct in thinking I can parlay this into buying most of the equipment I need? Which of the trading sites/features would be best for swapping it for Exalts, and is poeex.info more or less accurate WRT currency prices?

That site is completely out of date, it shows Prophecy as the current league.

Use poe.ninja to track currency prices, or just the currency section on poe.trade. But as the person up there said, Vaal Orbs are not worth very much.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Because those are the words Mathil used to hype the stupid thing. It's nothing of the sort and the single target is pretty disappointing if you think of it that way.

Yea, Dirge is great if you think Ngamahu needed more dps for the stuff that dies instantly and less dps on bosses where dps actually matters. At least it's cheaper I guess.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

beejay posted:

Speaking of Cyclone what's the proper way to use it? Press the button a bunch rapidly, or just when your guy stops cycloning, or hold it down? Sometimes my guy cyclones forever off one button press and sometimes he just does it for a second. It is weird and I am sure I'm missing some trick.

Hold it down, keep your mouse somewhat close to your character. Shorter cyclones use more mana but give you more control. Longer ones can send you slowly spinning off to your death.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You can't cancel a Cyclone once you start it, where in D3 you can, this is what makes it more dangerous to do long Cylcones.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Debeon's Dirge is not a cold version of Ngamahu, it is just a good generic ele cyclone weapon. You are getting a high dps weapon and losing ALL of the single target DPS that the Ngamahu orbs provide. I would never bother with that build when you can just do Ngamahu and path up to Avatar of Fire instead of buying Xoph's. Even a 5link Cyclone kills all trash in a T16 map instantly when going past it, extra trash clear dps is pointless.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Valle posted:

And that still all happened in 2.6, not now in 3.0

It is exclusive to Anarchy League. In 2.6 that was not an issue due to Leaguestones from the Legacy League, but now it is much harder to acquire.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

NofrikinfuN posted:

Isn't this problem compounded by the fact that most elemental damage comes from spells, rendering blocking useless without specific passives? My gladiatior could dive into a pack of physical damage enemies and come out unharmed, but absolutely withered under fire from stuff like the goat shamans.

That's a big reason people play Gladiators, the node that adds 100% of your block as spell block.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I skip bosses when leveling characters in lower tier maps if I don't have great single target, not like I care about sustaining my t7 maps or whatever.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Get a stibnite flask with curse immunity, makes map mod curses a complete non issue.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Viewbotting is to push your channel higher up on the twitch page for that game, which results in more actual viewers. Twitch has gotten good at not paying out ad revenue for viewbots but it can be very hard to actually detect them, it's a constant battle. Most of them get banned because they accidentally reveal it, like Blasting cap did.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
CWDT was just a support consumed by the ring in the preview. By default it can consume any 4 supports, all level 20. It is just a 5link ring that has a lot of setup time and can't change.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The orbs are not melee attacks so CoMK doesn't work. But you could just use CoMK on Cyclone and that would work fine. Cyclone does most of your killing on normal packs, the orbs kill rares/bosses.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Just only play Pathfinder and bind all flasks to a single button besides a life flask if you have one.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yes... but if you're Pathfinder you don't need control over your flasks cause they are always up.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
There's often posts on reddit that show how every set looks on every class. You can also just post if you want to see a specific MTX combo and there's usually someone with it that will screenshot it for you.

But yes, an in game preview that actually showed it on your character would be smart.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Zombies get kinda worthless at higher tier maps unless you're running The Baron.

Also don't forget you need sockets for Desecrate, Flesh Offering, Convocation, a movement skill(with supports).

I think something like Specs + Golems + one of SRS/AW/Mages is the way to go. Flame Golems are very very good clearspeed once you have all the golem jewels. Golems are your clear, Spectres are your single target, and whatever else to fill in cast time.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
GC isn't great self cast so maybe they are making changes to make that more viable? Who knows, maybe GC mines will just be a ton better.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
We know some stuff but the full patch notes for all of the balance changes won't be until next week.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

I'm not even sure if mtx carries over.

It doesn't

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

lamentable dustman posted:

OK that makes more sense. Still a pretty good chunk on hatred with aura effect

Hatred isn't added damage.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I mean can you? Wouldn't the affixes get overwritten if you chaos or w/e?

From what we can tell the Shaper/Elder part is a base part of the item and not just random mods rolling on an item, so they should be fully craftable.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This seems good, but I'm unsure how to price it, if I leave it unpriced I get offers of 10-50c for it, the next closet item is 10 exalted with not as good stats.

The only 3 stats that really matter are the added fire/cold and the 8% pen. I don't see anyone using the added lightning as it's just a stat stick weapon, can't even craft on it. Should be pretty easy to search for other weapons with similar rolls to those 3, you do have good rolls within their range.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
What's your CPU? I went from random big drops to almost never going under 150 when I upgraded from a 4th gen i5 to a 8700k, with a 1080ti on both systems.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Going RT with that sword seems like one of the dumbest things you could do, giving up 9% base crit on a sword in crazy talk. Like there's just no point, crit barely even requires any investment for something with that much base.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Spectre/Golem/Skele Mage tri summoner - Beast of a character that steamrolled everything I tried, Shaper helms were a huge boost to summoners.
Slayer claw frostblades - Strong, fast, nothing too unique or new.
Lightpoacher EK - Absurd clearspeed but I hate characters that one dimensional that can't do bosses.
Windripper MF Raider - Abyss jewels turned Windripper up to 11 even with full MF gear on.
Oni-Goroshi Flicker - Super fun version of Flicker, pretty strong but still dies to random stuff like Flicker always does.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Keru posted:

Jesus christ, Trickster got buffed the gently caress up. There are a ton of easy 2-point picks too.

Edit: catching up on the ascendancy reveals, I'm guessing I'm going to play a Deadeye Blink/Mirror arrow build this league because holy poo poo is that 100% recovery speed node stupid good. That's before you add any Skill Duration bonuses on the skill tree as well. Some quick math comes out to ~6-7 copies up at once.

The lovely part about Deadeye Blink/Mirror builds is that none of the proj stuff works on the clones, so it's really just that one node and Gathering Winds.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Lechtansi posted:

Are there any remaining reveals? or is that all of them?

Necro, Saboteur, Jugg, Inquisitor, Gladiator, Scion are all still unrevealed.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The biggest thing that changed is you can't get super culling at level 30 now, and won't have cull and endless leech until you finish uber lab. It's mostly a nerf to the power curve of Slayer and not the total power.

Slayer Flicker took a weird hit though, you get splash with no damage reduction which is amazing but have to lose either super cull or leech and both are extremely important.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Xolve posted:

Mostly because stun immunity is gone from the traditional Headsman/Brutal Fervor set up.

Just play Cyclone and it doesn't even matter!

George posted:

Deadeye was a little disappointing, since I'm not super impressed by tailwind, and the Occultist changes don't seem too flashy either. Trickster, though... my God.

Tailwind is so legit, a 10-20% MORE modifier on all of your attack/cast/movespeed is so drat strong, and it's not even on kill so it will be up to some degree always.

Occultist is interesting but with curses still being garbage on bosses it's still in a weird spot. The ES bonuses are crazy good though, it should be a monster for a lot of ES based stuff. I still don't see myself playing one for almost any build, but I will wait to see what other people make out of it.

Trickster is such a weird nut to crack now, it has some absurdly OP nodes and some that might end up being nuts as people build around them. It feels like some sort of non-crit poison build is where it will shine the strongest, but GC conversion gets so much damage from that single added chaos node it is insane.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

lurksion posted:

Hmmm...arc deadeye?

"projectiles"

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Endless munitions works on cyclone area also.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
J U G G

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea holy poo poo, that's 3 amazing mods for LLRF. Immune to freeze could be something better but even just the fact that it's a useful mod on an aura that is already being used in the build is massive.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Proper dual wielding is so rare, you see very few builds that use two high dps weapons outside of builds that can use unique weapons. So much of the power of dual wielding comes from stat stick offhands, and Shaper/Elder items boosted that to a massive level. When you compare what people were using before like Death's Hand that gives Unholy Might, even just the % added chaos mod is better than that before you get into the gain X% phys as an element.

I have no clue why all of those mods were not exclusive with each other when something like adds X damage to spells is.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I thought Frostbolt had somewhat replaced Freezing Pulse in most situations, but for single target damage they are both going to feel somewhat terrible. Glacial Cascade Totems would do a lot better there but I am not sure how much of a change that would require.

Oh god just noticed the Brightbeak. You are giving up the biggest damage slot you have for that, get a dagger or sceptre with some spell mods on it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

euphronius posted:

Dual grelwood shenks is a thing

"outside of builds that can use unique weapons"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Pretty sure Rigwald's wolf form includes phasing. Plus he can teleport.

When he's a wolf, run.

Yea, Dark Forest Rigwald is a huge dick, easily harder than any T15 boss.