Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So doing some experimenting buying up bodyparts on the black market, seems like you can find some deals that pay for themselves with the right modifiers and occasional jackpot gamble like valuable gem.

But it's really hard trying to get someone to reply to buying them.

Especially eyeballs.

any decent eyes sell within 30 seconds of going up for trade. by the time you have messaged someone to ask about his eye, so too have 65 other people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

is there anything fun you can do with a melee chaos damage build right now? I can't even find any builds running it so I am assuming it is just trash and my dreams of poison cleaving my way through mobs are never going to come true

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this gave me like +20 average fps, it's ridiculous. i always thought it was my laptop that was poo poo but it was the 20,000 sound effects exploding at once

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Papercut posted:

Does it turn off all sound effects though? Some of the boss audio queues are pretty useful

the only option I set to false in the config was sound_effects_volume2, I still have all dialogue and all my item filter noises enabled because there are separate variables for those. haven't actually taken on any bosses who speak yet but I'll report back if there's any issues

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i've been looking at some new build ideas, I think I've got it settled to I'm either going to make a Shattering Steel Slayer or an Ice Crash Slayer. so yes folks, my next character is going to be: Bad. anyone have any experience taking either of those skills into maps and seeing how they fare? it sounds like I might be able to get some good clear speed going in either case, wit questionable boss slaying ability

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

frajaq posted:

why not just go Full Bad and try out Lancing Steel instead

i'd like my bad to be sort of fun, and none of the Lancing Steel builds I've seen look at all fun to play or at all satisfying to murder baddies with

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I have been working on a cold conversion Shattering Steel Slayer and it's pretty fun/cool/frustrating/stupid all at once, looking for some input from anyone who could offer it as to where to go next with the skill tree/gear, or maybe I'm doing some things hideously wrong and need to fix 'em asap. here's my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/48RXm48d

I run Awakened Fork while mapping because the clear speed is insane, then swap in Impale for bosses/metamorphs. I've been juggling 8 or 9 gems through the entire game trying to figure out what works best since PoB's DPS number is not very helpful to me. looking at it now, I realized I never got my final lab so uhhh that's at least one obvious fix I can make going forward!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Just looking at PoB's numbers, Slower Projectiles or Awakened Cold Damage would be much better than Impale. Since you're doing 100% cold damage, there's no Impale stacks for you to build up, so the gem is only giving you the 14% more damage mod. Slower Projectiles at level 20 is 29%, Awakened Cold at level 5 is 24%. 29 is obviously greater than 24, but you may not like the slower projectile speed.

To round out your tree, I'm guessing your going to do Assassination -> Trickery -> Blood Siphon, which I'd continue with. After that, I'd probably head down to the Primeval Force wheel.

If you can afford it, see about a double damage Circle of Fear ring. I say "if" because I just looked and that's 8ex minimum.

hey thanks for this post! I tried out slower projectiles (yuck) and ended up picking up the Awakened Added Cold after, then toyed around with PoB numbers, dropped Maim and also picked up Awakened versions of Elemental Damage w/ Attacks + Vicious Projectiles to go with the Awakened Fork/Cold Penetration just to fully maximize what I'm working with here. combining that with actually finishing out my Ascendancy, things are feeling pretty slick now and taking down metamorphs isn't such a chore. now to work on min-maxing that gear...

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 21, 2020

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Zenithe posted:

Necro gonna get nerfed properly this time.

-every PoE player, December 2013 to present

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i wonder if one of you is using default PoB and one of you is using the forked PoB

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Getting to 90 is not all that bad.

Getting to 95 is a haul, as most sources of xp drop out pretty dramatically.

Getting to 100 is an incredibly, incredibly long journey. Mostly because you'll earn maybe 3-4% of a level an hour, and if you die then that's a shitload of time lost. Since at that point almost everything returns horrible xp, you're much more likely to get bored and roll something else.

i feel like getting to 92 is a good balance between fun and easy leveling, and miserable despair-filled grinding.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

anyone ever run a Smite build? I'm mostly done with Metamorph and looking towards next league so I've been tinkering with some ideas for a league starter. in continuing with a long tradition of bad builds and bad choices, I would be running a Scion ascending under Elementalist and Inquisitor which would give me a lot of resistance penetration, super cool heralds, the extra golem, and beefy shocks. I would be able to convert 100% of my damage to lightning very easily since Smite has 50% and phys to lightning you can get in act 2 and will take you the rest of the way, then late game there will be a larger variety of ways to get there. I'll still be messing around with the tree and skill gems for a while, might even level up a metamorpher real quick just to see if this is miserable, but here's the dumbass PoB I came up with for running this:

https://pastebin.com/xxFvPPsV

it might be ludicrous and horrible but I think this could pull off at least making it to the end game and then drowning miserably in a pool of its own blood.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Zana's a bad guy in poe2. Calling it right now.

imo - in poe2, it is us who are the bad guy.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I chisel up and alt-roll my blights to easy good mods, and then I regal them, and you can't stop me. it owns to get 2 extra orb of scourings from the map completion loot

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

wodin posted:

You check the exalt to chaos ratio on Poe.ninja and give them the appropriate amount of fractional chaos. Don't try to use exalt shards, people get mad.

screw that. use your exalt shards and make them mad, people shouldn't list things for fractions of an exalt if they don't wish to receive fractions of an exalt in return

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

wtb your thing for 2.4ex. offer 2ex, one ex shard, a saint's treasure and a hoarder

2.4ex is fixed price, get your 2.3833333 ex the *gently caress* out of here

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

That's all I have, how about I throw in two vaals, three alchs and a chance?

now that's a good honest trade i can get behind, fella

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

announcing things on the 25th, estimating a March 13th league start. just announce the dang date so we can put in our paid days off, fellas, jeez

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

holy flame totems was able to get me all the way through to sirus without any difficulty or any real investment this league, and I doubt it or any other similar kinds of totem builds are gonna see the nerf stick going into the next league, so I'm sure some sort of spell totem build would be great for a new starter.

I test leveled my dumbass Smitin' Scion (Inquisitor/something, probably Pathfinder) build to see how it goes from a clean start and I'll probably be rolling into the new content with that. because of how good the Smite/Ancestral Call interaction is, it doesn't look like I'll need much in the way of gear or links until maps. when it inevitably fails to do anything fun and I give up before accruing any real currency, my second dude will probably be Molten Strike on a Juggernaut.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the only line in that manifesto i care about is your Ledge slander. farming Ledge endlessly is a time honored tradition, some of the best gaming experiences 2013 PoE had to offer!!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

poemdexter posted:

I'm going to be upset next season when I try to do a non summoner build and then get mad that the game is actually somewhat difficult.

the game is way more interesting and compelling when you have to work harder to achieve things! this is why my absolute loving garbage level 92 Shattering Steel cold conversion Slayer who took 10 minutes to kill t15 metamorphs was the most fun and best character I made, and not actually the burning compost pile it would appear to be

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

It would be cool if I could dump my 200 alchemy orbs into something useful

you can dump them on to 200 white maps!

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Tell nuke mice I said hi

rip papyrus. long live papyrus

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Awesome! posted:

imagine dying 5 times to some boss and needing to reallocate 120 points every time lol

this is the proper way to nerf summoner builds. every time you die, you have to reallocate all of your + to strength nodes, and re-summon all your zombies, and boom, it's fine

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

cutthroat races are so much dang fun. there's nothing quite like popping out of a waypoint to find 5 pantless templars ready to glacial hammer your rear end to death

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i'm done early on the friday, and have saturday through monday off. can't wait to spend 4 days in pure delirium

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

if you play SSF and get high on the leaderboards, you can brag to everyone about how good and cool you are. also you'll stop feeling like it's a waste of time to pick up essences! but besides that, nah, not really

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ZiggyD put out his video on the new league and has a little more info in it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Dz0qvuM0g

mirrors will mostly be near the start of a zone so that you can get the whole shebang darknessed up before you run it, you can actually retreat and the fog will recede and the zone will return to normal. really interested in getting a pair of those Algor Mortis gloves and making a stupid rear end build with them.

zoux posted:

DO you bust open essence monsters

bust em all open. kill every dang mob. slaughter all the baddies, imo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

For some reason there seemed to be a flair up of people playing cremation with sire of shards at some point during the league. Chieftains mainly, I think the point was to get tanky though because the damage didn't look great

because of the way Cremation's projectile scaling works, using a Sire of Shards takes you from shooting 42 projectiles over 8 seconds to 84 over 8 seconds. all the projectiles can hit the same enemy so it's a big rear end boost but yeah, still doesn't look great

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I was pretty set on that Smite Ascendant starter but after some time dinking around in PoB, I think Lightning Strike is going to be a way better choice in the end. if there's anyone who wants to eye up this build I would appreciate it, here's the PoB link:

https://pastebin.com/tSiz6Kjh

I'll be going Elementalist/Inquisitor, converting all my physical to lightning and whapping things down with a big fat two hander (allocated for swords because I assume that's where it'll end up), partying with Fire & Ice golems, and miserably starved for sockets every single step of the way I assume. picking up an Essence Worm and moving Wrath over so I can fit in another Herald would probably do me well, and it'd be nice to pick up any of the +1 golem jewels so I could bring the Chaos fella into the party too, but it looks like I should be able to roll into maps and get my farm on pretty easily even without that.

can't wait for the skill tree to drastically change and ruin all of this planning :toot:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

they turned poets pen into a support gem....!?

Spellslinger
Spellslinger is a new Skill-Support that supports linked spells. Activating the skill causes all of these spells to reserve mana, and when you perform a wand attack, all of the skills are triggered. They have a 0.5 second cooldown and gain cooldown recovery speed as the gem gains levels, so you don't need to push your attack speed too high to get the most out of the support.

Spellslinger also provides a unique effect to supported spells: Your wand's base damage is added to the damage of the spell. Base damage includes all local added and increased damage modifiers, making attack wands powerful when you're focussed on Spellslinging.

currently throwing all my other build ideas in the trash and focusing entirely on this

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Elentor posted:

True heroes will dual-wield poet's pen and have a spellslinger in the chest.

The most glorious of rerolls.

the true hero is your graphics card, slain in combat

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I have like 100 more t16s than I could ever possibly run on my own. by my last few weeks, in the league, I wouldn't even pick up t15s or below because why the heck bother. I think they can probably drop a big fat stack of nerfs on map drop rates and still come out okay

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

They just released the final skill info, I don't have a link.

here, have a link friends

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2782234

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Muk11wCkY

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

The mana gems look interesting but I have no idea how to get insane mana to use them.

not to say anything about the attainability of these items early in the league, but i got bored and looked through some builds on poe.ninja. people really slamming big mana pools on to the table are using Pledge of Hands, Atziri's Foible, Cloak of Defiance, Skyforth, or Healthy Mind jewels. feels like you will be able to do some dirty poo poo with Pledge of Hands + Archmage

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i test leveled my two handed lightning strike scion and jesus lord i want to die. this skill was so cool 7 years ago, where did the fun go?! guess I'm sticking with a Smite starter

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cinara posted:

Why Scion, just curious but I can't really think of a good reason to play any melee build as Scion over something else.

I guess I just really enjoy the extra level of customization you get out of going scion. I knew after I made my failure of a Shattering Steel Slayer (later a passable but uninspiring Frostblades Slayer) that I wanted to play around with another phys->ele conversion build this league. so I started mocking up some stuff in PoB focusing on Inquisitor, Elementalist, and Pathfinder mostly to see how they were turning out. Inquis/Ele builds were always a little poop because I was too far away from all the good melee nodes I need and the tree travel was rough; Pathfinder was fine but I'm almost definitely not gonna be dual wielding or using a shield so her starting area doesn't offer me a ton. so when I started looking at all these watered down Scion ascendancies, I saw that I could get a good amount of ele penetration through a buncha different combos, stay closer to the melee damage nodes, pick up some extra sockets than I can't as easily achieve from other classes, and still be able to grab a bunch of increased life from the tree. and I will definitely enjoy playing a build that isn't really "in use" in the same way, and it's something that I have to play with and figure out on my own. that trash rear end Shattering Steel dude was super fun because it required more effort and thought and experimentation than other builds I try, and I hope to get the same out of my weird lightning conversion Scion, whichever skill and ascendancies she may end up with

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I went through all of my old standard characters deleting them to make room for new stuff for Delirium, and boy there was some stupid rear end poo poo in there. nothing had been played since ~January 2014

a CoC Shadow who was running:
CwDT + Ice Spear/Power Charge on Crit/Lesser Multiple Projectiles
Spectral Throw + LMP to proc my crits, firing off massive volleys of Arc, Freezing Pulse, and Fireball

really wish the tree for this fella wasn't reset so I could take a look at the horror beneath. I can't imagine what the hell mapping with him would have done to my trash computer back then. chump didn't even have move speed on his boots! the worst part: I'm pretty sure this character was from a two week hardcore race.

an Elemental Hit Ballista Totem witch for some reason rolling with the old school Maligaro's Virtuosity + Rathpith's Globe. again, really wish I could see the old, surely ridiculous skill tree she had

5 separate Holy Flame totem builds (2 Scion, 2 Templar, 1 Marauder). apparently the hot build back in the day was to do HF Totem + Fire Pen + GMP + Faster Casting + Added Chaos Damage + Faster Projectiles. it sounds god awful. every single one of these characters was stacked to the teeth with rarity gear.

a Marauder running... uh... searing bond + ice nova traps??? this thing must have been absolute trash. I fished it out of the gutter and put it directly into the game. good lord.

so I guess I have always made brain damaged builds in this game

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the father kindly requested that he and the son no longer be in the thread title a few pages back. by the time we get patch notes, we can probably get a good title

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

some streamer i don't know called Manni is trying to go from level 1 to 100 today with a bunch of pre-planned out gear and pre-rolled maps and stuff. the target time is under 6 hours, just hit 1 hour 7 minutes and he's level 73

https://www.twitch.tv/manni2

I wish I had posted this 10 minutes ago, just before he walked into maps at like level 49 and he immediately gained 8 levels in a single map in an instant while his Headhunter-wearing friend slaughtered everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

new cluster jewel revealed for dual wielders:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1236402249712058368