Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Fruits of the sea posted:

Edit: All the flickering broke the servers apparently, keep getting booted to the log-in screen

same, but with this CWDT build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
That's why I like my Ancestral Warchief dude with Bloodgrip amulet, traps and lab in general aren't an issue.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Mo_Steel posted:

My 77 Gladiator can block all day but man he feels like he deals no damage next to my 77 Dark Pact Totem godslayer.

I did the basic template for the max block gladiator during the flashback event, and it was fine to a point, but yeah the DPS got really bad (I couldn't even take down regular Elder's shield). I had to switch out to this version and it was much better.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Lightning Warp w/ Less Duration, Faster Casting and Swift Affliction.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The only minion build I've done that I liked was a Baron centered witch build, getting 1000str was kind of annoying, but zombies and skeleton AI is pretty okay. I tried a Golemancer this league and the AI for golems is really bad.

I'm going to try out a HoAgony build next league, and probably be done with minion stuff after that.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

What's a good channelling and cast while channelling build?

Obviously not winter orb :P

Incinerate w/ Volatile Dead Chieftain

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I've been doing the Gladiator version as my starter, works real good.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I had a couple deaths at The Trio and Atziri, but pretty smooth otherwise.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Console apparently has a "trading board" in game that's sort of like an auction house. Don't know if you do a list price, but someone offers <currency> and you can accept or deny, then it's automated if accepted.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I got to and killed Shaper for the first time tonight :toot:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Dance Officer posted:

I'm somehow feeling drawn to a trapper this league. Fire traps + malachai's awakening + shroud of the lightless could be pretty sick.

As others pointed out this is already a build, I tried it out and it was really good, but having to balance a Wise Oak is obnoxious so I didn't get the most out of it.

build link

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

please knock Mom! posted:

Bleedbow is struggling with single target, really need that assailum

Yeah I benched mine at maps until I can get the helmet and jewel, which is going to take a while. Started a bb/bf chieftain.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Got my carrion golem necro to 90 today and tried to kill Phoenix.....didn’t happen, golems were doing next to no damage. Don’t know if I should try respeccing to elementalist or try double cold iron points, or just try another build.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KingShiro/characters?characterName=Shiro_CGN

No animate guardian setup right now.

e: nevermind, I remembered what went wrong.

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 4, 2021

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

pork never goes bad posted:

Your gear is not great - I'm on mobile before work so I can't dig in too much, but there's a few things that stick out at first glance. Firstly, you're on a 5 link. Unless you're ssf, you can afford a corrupted 6L in your colors with a good life roll. Secondly, your flasks are really bad. This won't necessarily solve the damage issue but it will help you survive. And third, that belt is not terrible with good jewels, but your current jewels are not great. Probably look into a Stygian Vise, or at least better abyss jewels. A level 21/0 carrion golem is also like 8c (quality adds minion life, so might not be what you need, but the extra level is a lot of damage). Your clusters are also cheap to upgrade - you can get larges with Rotten Claws and either Feasting Fiends or Call to the Slaughter for about ten chaos (vicious bite shoots the price up, but it's what you're looking for), and mediums with Replenishing Presence and Precise Commander (it's not amazing, but the second line does also buff pride) for 30c. Your ideal cluster jewels are very expensive but you can get tier 2 options for much less. Finally, it looks like you have two empty jewel sockets. Life and minion damage jewels are in the 10c range, with some having stats or resists at this price.

Are you following a guide or just puzzling your way through?

Following a guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88ASU4EIEfc

I have some of the pieces to go to LL (5L Shavs, Prism Guardian and Jinxed Juju) but I don't have enough faster ES recharge to make it feel good. All the medium clusters I find with the non-curse aura base are expensive (190c-2ex)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
This league somehow runs worse than Delirium, and that one was pretty bad.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Game knew it was annoying me and gave me another exalt.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Vincent Valentine posted:

This is from many pages ago but I wanted to pop in and say this poo poo is absolutely bananas. I was one-shotting 3/4ths of the screen with the budget build long before I got a Farrul's Fur, and getting Farrul's gave me the frenzy charges needed to push it beyond the full size of the screen. And you're right, I only die when I see an absolutely massive pack of garbage, salivate wildly, flame dash right into the dead center of it and then die because I didn't wait the one more second needed for Farrul's to cycle.

I burned out awhile ago at ~14 challenges, but I came back a few days and started playing this and now I can't stop.

I did have one question about it, though: In the PoBs for this build it has "Enemy was hit by Lightning damage." checked, but NOT cold or fire. Checking Fire lowers the damage tremendously, due to losing Elemental Equilibrium. But Discharge says it does fire, Ice and lightning damage based on charges. I thought it might be basing the hit on the highest damage type dealt, but it's neither the highest nor the lowest, so I'm not sure what the deal is. How exactly does it calculate this?

Too bad this league has run like absolute poo poo the last couple weeks for me, I got enough currency for a Farrul's and that looks like fun.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Same, but mine is fairly old (6600k). It’s even kinda high gpu wise even though I have a 2060.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Game still runs bad, guess a CPU upgrade is in my future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I got a chaos, regret, alchemy, and fusing in act 2!