Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Hi, I love this game but I've had the same problem for each league going back to breach. I can't stick with a build, I always hit a wall around 70-80 where I need to upgrade my gear, then I see another build that looks fun and switch to that, selling my middling uniques/rares to get currency for that and by the time the league ends I have 5 or so unfinished builds and I'm always poor.

This league I'm forcing myself to stick to two builds tops. A league starter to farm some currency and then a main build. My absolute favorite thing in this game is shattering packs of dudes using herald of ice so can anyone recommend a good build to do that? I was thinking BV elementalist. I've played wanders almost every league so probably staying away from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Goa Tse-tung posted:

mathil's champion also shatters whole screens and easily can do every boss, too

Is it this one? https://youtu.be/VMXnNE5fWFE

Also I notice sometimes in a mathil stream that he can see the tier roles on an item. Is that a button I can press like in Diablo where you hold down control to see the possible stat roles?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
When people say they're going to farm Uber Lab what exactly are you farming? Like do you do full key runs and then just bank on whatever you get out of the chests? What about lab enchants? Do you just enchant a popular unique helmet until you get something you can sell?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Im playing the triple herald BV guy and it's everything I've ever wanted out of poe. Crunchy ice explosions and the innocence herald effect are really pretty together. The only thing I'm wondering though is if BV ever starts feeling a little smoother to use? I have both duration clusters on the tree that I can reasonably get but it still feels like BV falls off pretty fast. Is that just something you get used to?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
For a Poet's Pen Arc/Lighting Warp I see most builds have a frenzy and a barrage linked but when do you use each one and does it matter? Is barrage for single target or something?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How far can you scale a wander? I love kinetic blast and I have a feeling it might get gutted soon. I'd like to see how far I can take one, just wondering what the ceiling is on one?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Awesome! posted:

how much money do you have?

2 ex but I really enjoy grinding in this game so I don't mind grinding out more currency as I play. More just wondering.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Man, why do people hate Demigodking so much

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I didn't play during Abyss league so I'm not sure the answer to this but I found a pair of those Tomb boots with two abyssal sockets on them. Are they the type of unique that can fit into any build or is it pretty specific? I'm running a PP Arc/LW build and I don't see them on anyone else with that build. Should I just sell them and get a Choir of the Storm?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Stuff like this, especially the crafting part is so helpful. Thanks. Not that I'll ever get a master to 8 in a league before burning out, but it's cool to learn about that stuff

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
2 exalts from my cruel lab run. Yay flashback

I ran a triple herald BV elementalist as a league starter for this league and even with both duration clusters and a spell efficacy (does this do anything even) it just felt clunky to me. I did love how you could dash into packs and blow them up but BV mechanics just annoyed me

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Duck and Cover posted:

If you want to discuss why my opinions are wrong that's fine, if you want to continue having a slap fight and resorting to personal attacks you win congratulations. Not everyone you disagree with is trolling.

Movement speed/quicksilvers aren't always the bulk of movement though. Like I'll be happy if I'm wrong but I get the feeling you'll be able to out pace it.

You're a fuckin dweeb dude

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
KB nerf is significant or nah?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How important is Soul Mantle to a totem build? I want to use my totem mtx is all

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Could i get a guild invite: Lilpoetwitchy

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
What's a good poet's pen build that will also shatter everything? What's all around the best build that will shatter everything? I just want to shatter everything.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Lechtansi posted:

Frost blades is going to give you 100% of your daily recommended shatters. It's not a very good skill for T15+, but otherwise its fine.

Oh I should say, I hate the way frost blades feels, along with tornado shot. Thanks for the recommendation though.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hitlin posted:

So I'm kind of a newbie and have been following enkis arc elementalist (non crit) guide up to level 65. It's effective but missing something.
I've been looking at poets pen LW arc witch and it looks like fun but can't decide between elementalist or occultist. What are the main differences and whats a good choice atm?

Either way I guess I still have to farm currency on my current arc ele and then reroll a new character right?

I played an elementalist LW/Arc last league and an occultist this league. So far I think the occultist has scaled a lot better but you definitely want currency going into it. I didn't have a shavs when I started and it sucked. Having 4 pens, a shavs, and a warlord curse ring to start seems like it would be the smoothest way to start.

For the elementalist I just started when I had 4 pens and was fine, every upgrade just felt like a power increase rather than something I needed to not be instantly one shot.

I'd say they both scale similar but occultist seems like it can scale a lot farther and I really enjoy ES builds. Elementalist is prettier though and the new frenzy animation is ugly imo

Edit: Sorry I missed the part where you said you were newer. I would definitely just go with the Elementalist. It's super strong, very fun and pretty straightforward. I just followed the Teleports Behind You guide on the forums. Cheers

BobbyK fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 11, 2018

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

What obvious thing am I missing here

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I have a shaper ring thats ilevel 75. If im trying to just craft curses enemies with assassins mark I should just transmute it and spam alterations on it until I hit it right? That would work?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Once I get the elder to spawn on the atlas, is it better to run all the elder maps before killing the guardians for the chance at elder loot? Or should I just kill the guardians/elder right away?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Every league I see a build mathil tries that looks really fun and so I try to do it and every league I fail at it. He's got so much more institutional knowledge than I have.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

George posted:

Mathil's Consecrated Path Elementalist was super memey and had one hand tied behind its back. I made a Pathfinder version and it's one of the tankiest characters I've ever played. I'm sure a Champion could work but I don't have a guide to recommend and you might have to modify it yourself.

Hopefully Voidforges are affordable again.

Can I take a look at your character? I'd like to make a concecratec path build for my last league dude

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I bet blade vortex is pretty fun on a console

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I want to do glacial cascade as a starter character next league. Out of the three, mines, traps, or totems what would you guys suggest?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone have a vorci 8 that could help me out? I need to 4 socket some corrupted gloves and I will never get him past 7 because I cant open the chest or leave a guard alive.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
What advantages do mines have over traps and torems? Trying to figure out why there's so many gc mine builds and not gc traps/totems

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Karneios posted:

I personally play SSF because I loving hate/fear trading so much but if I'm not in SSF I still feel bad using up currency items (I have bad enough social anxiety/phobia that most of the time even just using the copy paste off poe.trade was enough to trigger it)

They're just bots that put stuff in the trade window when you do and give you a pre-programmed "t4t" when you're done.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
You can have my mind of the council, let me know your character name

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Disabling izaro's traps is worth looking for darkshrines if youre like me and are prone to panicking during the final fight

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Duck and Cover had a pretty funny meltdown in another thread because someone said Hillary sucked. Well that's my story

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I have the toxic rain mtx so I want to use that as a league starter. Anyone have any experience? I'm choosing between toxic rain/herald of agony, toxic rain/caustic arrow and a LL/CI toxic rain witch build that I saw.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Does the betrayal system start making sense after awhile because right now I kind of hate it.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Infinity Gaia posted:

I finally understand it, so I can explain it in the simplest possible terms:

Essentially, you're crafting your ideal safehouse raid with the system while grinding up the points to actually GO on said raid. You see how every character attached to one of the safehouses has a little descriptive text, like "moving silver coins stash" or whatever? You'll get that as a reward at the end of the raid. Essentially you can have some number of dudes (I think you can have at most 4? Possibly only 3, going off the safehouse design) attached to an activity like, say, transportation. You'll be trying to move the guys with the reward you want onto the safehouse you're doing, but it's pretty random. The higher their rank, the tougher they are to fight and the more info they give. Might affect safehouse rewards/drop rates but I'm not sure, just guessing. Friendships lead to multiple dudes spawning together, making the encounters tougher but giving you more bang for your buck. Rivalries I haven't figured out, I think they lead to the Rival showing up when you're fighting to beat up his enemy, making encounters easier?

That's the gist of it. It looks more complicated than it actually is.

Really, due to the way the system works all you have to do is decide whether the Right choice is worth more to you than the Left choice, depending on your goals. It's not that interactive.

Thanks for taking the time to type this out. It makes a little more sense now. Everytime that stupid screen comes up with all the lines my eyes glaze over and something kills me so this helps.

And then I'm assuming those mini dungeons that spawn with the 5 timed things are just there to increase information gain right?

BobbyK fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 10, 2018

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Oh god i really dont like GC mines but I have to break the cycle of constantly rerolling as soon as I finish Act 10 this league. Do GC mines start feeling better once you get into maps or anything? Feels like everything is clunky compared to traps

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'd like to try a low life build once I get my hands on a shavs. Anyone got any good recommendations? I was thinking the Cold Snap/Vortex combo but I'm open to anything.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Just price your items reasonably correctly it's truly not that hard

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'm leveling a molten strike HOWA jugg and just wondering for those of you who have before, does it make more sense to level with blade furry/some other skill until things come online with the threshold jewel, helm enchant, etc?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I made a CoC Cospri's build and it's genuinely the most fun build I've ever played in PoE. Was on kind of a budget so could just afford a 5 link loreweave, cospris and now saving up for a pandemonios amulet but I think from now on I'll do this build at least once each league. Farming is so fun now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Can someone point me to the syndicate farming guide for Ossurary/Bridge?

e: Thanks man

BobbyK fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 8, 2019