Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
While we're waiting for the servers to stop making GBS threads the bed, someone help me decide if I should keep going with Sunder or do an RF Scorching Ray build... Seeing ZiggyD's build in path of building, it gets to almost 600k dps on 8stage pretty easily, whereas equivalently geared sunder gladiator probably around 80k. Is the clear speed going to be massively different? SR definitely seems like it will be better against the massive HP map bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Can I get a re-invite if the guild isn't full? Have been away a few weeks and got purged. Character name is

InternalCombust

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

zxqv8 posted:

...people who will play for 36 hours straight...might die due to poor judgement from lack of sleep.

Or deep vein thrombosis

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Wezlar posted:

low life phys crit bladeflurry with headhunter

Why all the effort to go lowlife and talk of coruscating elixir on a blade flurry build? Unless I'm missing something this seems extremely bad?

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

another three auras (you are obv using skyforths) means tons of extra elemental dps, but yeah no need for elixir when you have a 6L shavs

Is all that really worth it for non penetrating elemental damage on a phys crit build that can't instant leech?

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

they never will, because they need to sell that MTX the regular way, too

They should sell chaos orb mtx. Like a consumable mtx that randomly reforges an mtx into any other.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Vasudus posted:

It is exceptionally difficult to find a solid 300+ pdps claw that has crit on it. I keep expanding my budget and still haven't found anything that catches my eye, now at 9ex. At this rate I'm going to kill red elder/shaper/uber atziri with two wasp nests.

One thing you could try is looking for claws with good %phys rolls that don't have a mastercraft yet, or flat phys and hybrid % without the %phys roll. There won't be a lot, but you might get lucky with one someone doesn't realise is actually much higher potential. Or one with min rolls of a high tier that can be divined. It will take some hunting but I got a 320 pdps claw that could take a crit mastercraft early last week for 2.5ex, and was able to divine it to 352 pdps and 7.7% crit chance. It could go to 373 but that would take far too much luck.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

It must be cool, being Gruest, and knowing you ahve the only spear on all of Wraeclast.

They could make a unique spear that counts as a thrusting sword (since new passives or just adding spear to existing passives would be required). And it only drops from Gruest.

Edit: rough sketch

Gruest's Skewer, Vile Staff
+4-6 to weapon range
~450-550 pdps
+5% block chance
Socketed melee gems are supported by level 1 Knockback
Counts as a staff and a sword

Artificial Idiocy fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 22, 2018

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
You'll eventually net positive and start accumulating high tier maps, if you're alching them and using a zana mod like bloodlines on t14+.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

Almost certainly, summoners are usually starved for sockets and a 4 link srs isn't that good.

This gives me an idea for a unique -

Jewelled Gauntlets, Crusader Gloves

Always has 8 sockets in two groups of 4 links.
(No other stats)

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
I'm going to be away on holiday for the first 5 days of league. Would be nice not to get purged if possible! Account is ethan0l.

While I don't get to go hard opening weekend, at least levelling uniques will be cheap when I do get to start.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
When space opens up can I get a re-invite? Didn't get to start playing this weekend because I was away on holiday. in game name ArtificialIdiocy

Thanks.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Voidforge chat:

The question at this point is to crit or not to crit. Voidforge is a 5% crit 2h sword, so the best i can cook up right now is roughly 26% crit (~40% with a diamond) with 319% multi, using an ICS gem. That's kinda poop, and makes me wonder if I should not even bother and go RT. At which point going Jugg is less appealing.

Is it worth comparing this with EO over RT or building crit? You get roughly the same damage as your 40%/319% since you won't have 100% diamond uptime plus you get an extra link over ICS. And you don't need to invest in crit nodes either, so it probably ends up even stronger depending how far out of the way EO is for you.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Can I get re-invited? ArtificialArcTotems

I keep having to travel on launch weekend, terrible.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Posted a few pages back and might have gotten missed or maybe guild is just still full, but a re-invite on ArtificialArcTotems would be much appreciated!

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Kalman posted:

Totem builds can often benefit from a Soul Mantle/2x Kikazaru/Self-Flagellation combo eventually, but a 6L Soul Mantle (and at less than 6L it probably isn't worth it over a cheaper 6L given the need to control curses) is running 6.5 ex+ right now.

I mean, a 5link soul mantle is still better than a 6link random chest damage-wise due to the extra totem, and for mapping you can have 100% uptime on a diamond curse flask anyway.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Just bumping my re-invite request in case there's a list that I'm not on. IGN ArtificialArcTotems

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
I had my 6link soul mantle listed at 5.5ex and someone just dropped 6ex in the window and didn't ask for change. Your mileage may vary.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
I'm going to be out until next Tuesday on work travel then holiday, so feel free to bump me down the invite list.

But to anyone up for the hassle, right now you can buy Pride Before the Fall div cards and redeem then flip for profit regardless of roll, while trying for a + max res implicit for a big upside. I got two perfect fire damage rolls doing so and have netted 200c profit while attempting, with the chance of a big win on the implicit.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Fortunately you don't have to start over with no movespeed and slow clear, because you can use cheap levelling uniques to blow through the content at pace. It can actually be really fun to do the story content with overpowered DPS although I understand it can be a bit of a slog.

I wonder if instead of starting at maps on a reroll, maybe something like making waypoints league based like masters would be light touch enough to not break the game, but significantly reduce any frustration of rerolling?

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
I don't think it will affect HP regen in any way but what are you trying to use it for exactly?

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Does anyone know if the challenge counts on uber elder as well?

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Ak Gara posted:

The Wasp Nest almost feels like cheating.

According to PoB it would take a triple T2 phys roll + T2 attack speed roll to make me swap weapons!

I feel like there's something else going on here stats wise, because you don't need a >50 ex weapon to outclass a wasp nest. Are you a poison build and scaling the chaos element? Or have huge amounts of flat damage and a max attack speed wasp nest? All of the above?

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Start a crafting stream

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Velveteen posted:

So I found a elder sword with a decent base and decided to reroll it with a couple of perfect fossils and uh.

Theres two open prefix mods with T1 attack speed and crit chance. So crafter goons, what do you people usually do in this situation?

It's vendor trash sorry, and you shouldn't waste currency rolling weapons with item level below 83 because you don't even have a chance of getting a gg item.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Dr. Despair posted:

the order does matter, you'll want to go clockwise or counter clockwise after doing minotaur, and not jump to the opposite corner ( so do minotaur - chimera - hydra- phoenix and not minotaur -hydra - realize you hosed up and wasted a map)

You don't need to go clockwise or counterclockwise, you just need to do a t16 that's adjacent to one that already has elder influence. So the first map needs to be chimera or phoenix, but then you can do any of the remaining 2.

Edit: the first one after minotaur which must be first

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Yeah I got him to spawn. Unfortunately I don't have any characters that can currently do it, unless I pull the trigger on upgrading my jugg. Ist was kind enough to try a few sets but he sold all of his gear and couldn't frankenstein something together that could pull it off, so I still need someone to murder him for me.

Sorry I'm on holiday and not back until Thursday night but I would do it then, if you still haven't gotten it cleared.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

What makes Pathfinder tanky, specifically?

Pathfinders get permanent flask uptime and additional flask effect, so you can get your elemental max resists extremely high. Stacking them with purity auras lets you get to 95%-97% fairly easily, even 100% with the right setup. And since one of those flasks will be taste of hate, you also get 30% Phys mitigation on top of that. As well as potentially 120% movespeed from an alchemist's quicksilver of adrenaline.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Maybe a buff to spell echo would help out self-cast?

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Wouldn't firing 2 copies with no other changes be a 100% more modifier? I like the idea but it would need a damage penalty. I'd say 35% less ramping down to 25% less at level 20, making it in line with other more damage supports at 50% more.

And love the idea of a mirage archer for spells.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Yeah I usually leave rain of chaos in too, they're worth about an alt, stack, and I pick alts up so why not.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Wow the hybrid crit chance / elemental damage if crit recently mod on rings is great. 100%+ damage opals will be fairly easily achievable.

I want to see an 'implicit modifier magnitudes are doubled' craftable mod for incursion double corrupt madness...

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Don't bother trying to link anything yourself until maps. Just alch or essence a random white 4link you find and use it for your main skill until you get to endgame, barring finding a better 4link. You can use the rest of your gear to fill in life and Res and don't really need much else in the way of links for most builds until finishing them up.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Arzachel posted:

There's an amazing unique for every slot already and now jewelry gets some silly veiled mods, where the hell will I get my resists from :(

You can craft the veiled mods onto good resist jewellery; if anything this makes it easier to use more rares because you can get things like +1 curse on chest etc.

You can also shore up resists with a few resist mods across your jewels if necessary. I also prefer to use rare helmets for most builds where you don't need a build defining unique. Even losing the damage from, say, Starkonjas on a bow build, tends to be fine since a decent rare with 90+% Res gives you a lot more flexibility on other slots. Finding an opal ring with life and WED is a lot easier when you don't also need it to have resists.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

hopterque posted:

???

Why in the world would you not, once you get to maps you get tons of jewelers and a decent amount of fuses, its not like either are particularly rare or valuable.

Fuses are worth .3 - .5c, so if you have to spend 5 of them for a 4link on gear you'll soon grow out of, it's both a big waste and worse than just buying something for 1c that's better and already linked.

You also really don't need to be upgrading all your gear while in the campaign that often; spending another couple jewellers, fuses, and chromes every time you find something with 10 more hp is going to add up. Keep a mediocre 4 link for your main skill and just use what drops otherwise - and save your fuses for a big upgrade when you hit maps and need to cover resistances, plus have access to higher tier bases and rolls.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

myDad posted:

I think they said the ailment damage was based on the unmitigated damage

They did say that, so it's pure raw incoming damage. However mobs don't have a lot of armour so not a big difference, though mobs with endurance charges will see a benefit. I assume the actual 10% procs will be subject to Phys mitigation though, so this wording is just to make sure it doesn't get double dipped defences applying to it.

Edit: to another above comment, it does stack, so against tough enemies where you can consume all 5 charges it will be like a 50% more modifier.

Artificial Idiocy fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 19, 2018

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Like anything else in the game, once you play with it and get accustomed to it (and get better at learning what items and mods might be useful which happens simply by playing and checking out guides), it becomes second nature.

Not engaging with trading will limit what you can do in the game a great deal. When I first started POE I'd struggle to even end a league with a 6 link. In delve I have probably 200ex worth of currency and gear, much of which I crafted myself, and have bought and sold vast amounts of value. It takes a bit of time but is definitely worth engaging with.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
It also makes Lycosidae even better (for non champ builds obviously) since it's not taking a slot that could be a stat stick.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I think it needs to be uncapped, but with diminishing returns after 70 or whatever, and let shields, say, increase max res by 10 or so before the functional cap.

Or something; requiring 125 fire res in a fight while not allowing any bonuses for going over 75 seems like a poor way of doing it (I have been playing for like 3 weeks and my high level is ~72 so if this is dumb that's my excuse)

There are other reasons to be overcapped including elemental weakness mod on maps, monster curses, and a scattered few items that benefit from uncapped resistance. Having a t16 boss that demands more defence than other content doesn't seem terribly unfair to me, and it's easy enough to swap a ring or bring an extra flask to the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Vasudus posted:

You also end up having the projectiles fire in a line which may or may not be either a mechanical problem or preference problem depending on what skill you're using.

It's good at least that GGG is trying to get more diverse bow choices out there. Probably won't change much though.

Yeah I mean all these bow reworks moving them to around 300pdps definitely makes them viable options to get decent damage on the cheap, but on Reach specifically having to link the bow instead of a chest reduces its value for that purpose. Though I guess it makes a 4link bow a decent early clear skill option with single target on the chest.