Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

TheRat posted:

Think Ive gotten everyone who asked for a guild invite, but if I missed you (or you didnt post yet), there's still plenty of room (and there probably wont be in two days so get in now)

Could I get one for Diddlerina please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
So I have money to spend coinciding with deciding to get back into this. For tabs, is there a suggested purchase order? I'm guessing the currency one is the boss, but what do I get after that?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Would a Necro make a decent starter for the new league?`I'm waffling between that and a totem build, and I've done totems so many times, but never a summoner. Also, does a summoner bring their summons when they teleport places? Asking in regards to the arena style fights with beasts for the new league.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Have to get to bed, but SRS with Summon Phantasm on Kill is hilarious.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Anyone voting no is evil and racist against necros with too high a kill speed. Racist.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
So I'm reaching the point where I want to do more crafting than just "apply vaal orb to item". Is there a decent guide somewhere for item crafting? The last time I played actively was just before Forsaken Masters released.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Attorney at Funk posted:

Thaumaturgical Nets catch dead beasts, don't they?

You can craft them into necronets.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
So many uniques and rares are priced absurdly low, because people look at whatever is the lowest costing equivalent and go "Well, mine has much shittier rolls/sockets/mods" and throw it out for cheaper, then it snowballs downhill from there.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Not vaaled, garbage.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
So my Necro is approaching the point where I've got her fully geared up and I'm starting to contemplate a second character. What is the buffest melee duder around? I want the most resilient build I can find after durdling around as a somewhat squishy necro.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

lurksion posted:

How are you squishy as a necro? Running flesh offering instead of bone (+block conversion) or something? Necros are one of the easiest classes to become tanky since there's not that many minion nodes to get, and minimal pathing is needed so boatloads of life / MOM mana is available.

I'm running maximum damage with Charity Aegis and Offering. I still have 6k between life and ES, but if anything scary starts wailing on me I fold pretty quickly. With proper positioning, I never die, but I want something with a bit more oomph, that deals physical, so I can get a different gearing experience.

Are there any decent strength archer builds these days?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Awesome! posted:

do Vaal it

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Currency management on console seems like it'd be a special kind of hell.

So what's a cool and good ranged starter build with high clear speed these days? All my previous starts have been totems/summoners or tanky melee and I want to do something new this time.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

TheRat posted:

Nothing makes my heart melt quicker than the spelling out of a character name

Could Mellisane get an invite please? Gotta get my ducks in order before this is the new poo poo happens.

Edit: Frozen orbbbbbbb

Cynic Jester fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 13, 2018

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Scholar and a gentlerodent

Also, frozen orbbbbbb

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Arrhythmia posted:

Ah, so begins the poe version of the five gbs irc channels that all hate each other.

Friction is a design goal after all.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

No Safe Word posted:

Okay, what's everyone's fresh joke character name reference templates:

- bee trail
- PoE: Immortal (Syndicate)
- Pepe Silvia
- something to do with Hillock running things
- conspiracy/QAnon

I've typically had boring character names but ... well now I'm bored of that

GuntherHillock

"No. I wanted orange. It gave me lemon."

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Friday: Come home drunk, play PoE until I pass out
Saturday: Laugh at drunk build, try to salvage it, go out again, come back drunk, play PoE until I pass out
Sunday: Laugh at drunk build, try to salvage it. Probably fail.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

gonadic io posted:

She's been core for a few leagues, and doesn't really count as a master. I doubt she'll change at all, just keep hanging around in your hideout being all "no idea what happened to the other guys".

"I foresee a betrayal in the future."

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Awesome! posted:

to run a syndicate, you need a tool...

Would you kindly

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Hnnngh, conversion mastercrafts.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Aerox posted:

In terms of leveling starter characters in new leagues or in self found, what's more important in terms of progressing -- 4/5 links or rare stats?

I find I seem like I hit a problem even in leveling builds where I either find my 4Ls early and then get locked into pretty crappy gear because I can't get anything else good to drop and don't want to drop all my gem links, or have decent rare rolls but immediately blow all my fusings trying to get 4Ls and a 5L on my chest.

The proper answer is it depends on build, but the practical one is neither. Every class can level with 3 links. Sure, 4-5 is better and awesome max rolled mods is great, but far more important than all of that is making sure you're using skills suitable for levelling.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

zxqv8 posted:

Soulwrest (a unique staff) makes for a fun extra variety of summoner. Pair it with permanent minions or rely on the phantasms it makes with any corpse consuming skill.

It's quite strong, though I don't know that it has the potential to scale quite as drastically as other builds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZRRFs-cWdA

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Clocks posted:

Thanks for the guild invite! I'll be logging in before league starts so that I hopefully don't get kicked out again, haha.

Oh, I'm totally fine with tried&true since I haven't tried most of them. I don't know what gc means but is arc totem hiero any good? Like I said I want something that doesn't struggle with red maps once geared because all the other stuff I've done was really strong. I struggled with self-cast arc witch but that was also my first character and I had a much poorer understanding of gearing.

Arc totem hiero is one of the tried and true builds.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Meme Emulator posted:

I just want to level up a bunch of stuff using mechanics I havent interacted with, which is why I was acting for non-meta builds. I know how to Arc my way through everything but I havent used any builds that use Frenzy charges, or that summon minions, etc. I just wanna dip my fingers into everything, Ill only end up playing 1 or 2 of those chars past act 4 most likely.

The issue with doing this is that a lot of builds just don't play anything like their endgame selves during act 1-10.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
I just want to log in to my now persistent hideout instead of spawning in town for no obvious reason beyond adding another loadscreen.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
It takes less than a second before I click the waypoint and zoom to my hideout. Plus all the really cool and good MTX are gem replacements, so you don't get to see them in town anyway. Maybe if they allowed minions in town so I would be unable to press the waypoint I'd spend more time admiring peoples getup.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Otacon posted:

Note to self: Don't be a packrat this league. Don't be a packrat this league. Don't be a packrat this league!!!

And this is why I will never play standard.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

MMF Freeway posted:

So heiro + the new totem support can put down four totems at a time?

Naw, everything specifies "Drops two totems" not drops extra. Travesty.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Derped
Dunked
Dead

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So they removed one extra totem from heiro but gave the the passive tree another totem. I dont know how effective the extra totem per cast will be when heiro already summons totems super quick

Very useful. Makes clearing much faster because you click less.

The real travesty is that you can't stack multiple sources of extra totem per cast.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Jeep posted:

is BV (elementalist, i guess) a good league starter? I was thinking about doing another arc totem hiero, but I kinda wanna try something new and bv seems neat and also semi-lazy like totems

Yes.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Mayveena posted:

Hi, I'm trying to use a build except it sends me to a pastebin and says to click import/export build. Where do I click that?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951

Download path of building.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

frajaq posted:

I kinda get what happens when the Syndicate members become Trusted with each-other but what's the benefit of Rivarly exactly?

They pop in and help you against their rival. Rivalry options also tend to come with powerful benefits.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I'd just like to formally say :rip: to whoever vaaled that 6 link with 'sockets cannot be modified' and got +2 to mine/trap gems with 3R3G colours or whatever it was, that was pretty funny.

I bought it for levelling my jugg, so i figured I'd throw it into the confluence and see what happens.

Suffering. Suffering never changes.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
So I'm about to level a fresh Jugg up. What's the levelling gear of today? I've got a goldrim and a skin of the loyal, but what else?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Salt Fish posted:

Can I get 5 choas for this?

Important note: If a weapon says "Adds x elemental damage" it only adds that when you hit something with the weapon, using a normal attack or skill. It will not add that damage to a spell. Had it said "Adds x elemental damage to spells" you might have had something, but people generally want at least 2, preferably more, damage modifiers on their weapon.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
You should also push up to 14s/15s. My arc trapper is at 89, with so-so gear(except a self-made loreweave) as I've stopped buying poo poo for it in favor of a jugg I'm rolling up. Sure, it's arc and all, but everything I've heard puts BV chieftan pretty high up on the viability list, so I can't see them being a problem, except maybe having some more restrictions in the mods you can run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Hnnngh, feel the burn from that friction.