Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I haven’t played since Ambush league. GGG has been busy these past 4 years :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
It’s not really mid-league, though, is it? We’re 10 days in

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Traxis posted:

I basically copied Octavian's Occultist build, and it is awesome. If you can't afford a solstice vigil you will have to drop frostbite and use a witchfire brew (or drop the extra curse cluster on the tree) but otherwise it is cheap and easy to gear.

Oh wow that is a funky 3D effect on the Passives tree on mobile

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I need to make a new build. Unless you just don't do the league mechanic it's too unpredictable and rippy if you don't have excellent defenses. I can clear and do stuff fine but gently caress me I just get obliterated by Tora or even worse That Which Fled. Perandus is an absolute fucker too if you have a "phys to ele damage" map mod or two. Just wrecks.

I roll around with strong life regen, leech and 1% life gain on kill w/ Fortify and 5 end charges but it's not enough. I have no room for chaos res outside Atziri flask too which matters a lot with these dudes and incursions.

Maybe keep slamming your face against it until you can get those guys removed from the syndicate?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I’ve been doing really nicely following https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1925500 for a bloodseeker BF slayer to level 87 so far, but I feel like maybe the build is leaving some things on the table in terms of gearing? Already swapped of the ancestral protector for a dread banner and BMed the WB, and I plan to try a Writhing Jar tonight. Anyone else have suggestions on what I can add while I’m saving for a 6L BotB?

CommunityEdition fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 17, 2018

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Welp, 6-linked my BotB in ~50 orbs. Then had essence worm and kaom’s heart drop at the same time.

A decent night.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
How can I tell when I’m ready for Syndicate Mastermind/Breachstone/Pale Court/Uber Atziri/anything else where failure is really expensive?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Mordecai posted:

Seems right. I could swear it didn't appear when Vorici was kicking my rear end, but maybe it did and he just instagibbed it. The syndicate fights are sometimes a visual mess on the level of Warframe.

Much like Warframe, the solution is to constantly use movement skills, on the basis that you’re probably dodging something

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

500 good dogs posted:

So let's say I'm running red maps now with a pure right click AOE build that's feeling pretty good, but uh, I never picked up a movement skill. I probably want one, right? Do I need to pick one that somehow synergizes with my build, or can I just pick the one that feels laziest to me? Reason I ask is because Zana prompted me with thr unique map that has the unconnected bridges or whatever so I kinda need one at some point. I don't have much mana to spend outside of combat (I'm leech + mana on kill), any tips?

Blood Magic for the mana issues. Keep in mind you can use more than one movement skill, if the synergistic one doesn’t cross ledges/gaps

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Same except they made the final one appropriately awesome. Not a big fan of apparition effects in general

You say “awesome,” I say “this should have been an endgame boss instead of a cosmetic I can’t afford”

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

RED TEXT BIG GUN posted:

Wait can you actually get up to 48% quality on a rare or was that hyperbole? The beastiary craft is 30% is that not max?

Now add a veiled quality craft

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Is it me or is this a really dirty build they pushed out?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
At what point is delirium supposed to show back up on maps? Haven’t seen a single mirror since finishing act 10

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Did all the folks who paid ggg for ilvl 100 divination card crafting bases have a reason to go all the way to 100, or did the just peek into the future and decide to mildly annoy me for wanting to plant craft on my Imperial Legacy base?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Here’s an idea: bring back race leagues, but with a ssf harvest seed draft. If the olds say good gear is coming in too fast, then let’s make them compete for just how fast they can push Uber elder or delve 600 with no drops at all. Again and again and again. That’s the sort of thing that’ll keep streamers fat and happy, right?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Vasudus posted:

No it's a garbage fight, garbage boss, and garbage loot. I've had my third spawn ready to go for easily a hundred maps. The only thing she drops of value are the flower pods.

The flower pods are niiiiice though. Big beefy radius of effect and way more charges than you’d expect. Even if you don’t use them yourself, they flip for a nice chunk of change

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Is there an ideal way to re-enter a Sirus fight after a death? Kind of annoying getting Die beamed from off screen before I even make it back to the ring

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Ak Gara posted:

...The gently caress did a CAT do to get banished?

You’ve never owned a cat, have you?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Sure would be nice to have the Harvest infused map mod crafts for that.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I’m guessing it’s a given that this league, or at least its new stuff, are going core?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
So this is what it takes to tempt the lazy summoner folks into melee range?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

whypick1 posted:

"This league" = Heist or Harvest? Harvest is "none of it for now, will figure out what to bring back in the near future".

The coming league. If anything I’m wondering if a league drop reshuffling is coming in the near future, because I can’t see how heist being the only source for alt quality gems AND alternate uniques AND a new batch of item bases AND whatever else they’ve got in enchants can hold up once heists are no longer the season focus. Like how cluster jewels ended up with max sockets once Delirium ended, but without such a straightforward fix.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Can they roll that part out a bit faster then? 6-linking is my least favorite part of any given season.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Desecrate: something something 2% Forgotten corpse.

What’s a forgotten corpse?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Does the math work out any better if you lump in a bunch of curses with Vixen’s Entrapment and immediately start firing off Hexblasts? Depending on cast speed and finger strength the curses lower in the stack should have reached full doom by the time you get to them, and meanwhile there’s been at least some outgoing dps

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Path of Exile: Heist - Ocean’s +(8-13)

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Oh my god

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Son of a bitch, the fish level is reel

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Estel posted:

Edit:Someone said something about a Shattering Steel build, i'm trying one now and it's fun while leveling up. What would be a good build for Shattering Steel?

So far, grab the Impaler node, use a big old 2h phys axe, and use Call of Steel to erase anything vaguely near a pack that you attacked anywhere near. Maybe not the best bosser, but pretty efficient for most mechanics of most leagues, and particularly funny against metamorph.

E: be sure to grab one of the Lord of Steel jewel variants off the market, they’re cheap and they’re the only way I’ve found yet to boost Call of Steel itself.

CommunityEdition fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Sep 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

So help me if they don't put Corpsewalker boots in the game like they were supposed to, I'm going to drag an Avian Retch spectre around so it pukes corpses at my feet.

Speaking of spectres, a goon was saying in global that there's some way to raise harvest's Primal Crushclaw this league using an item but they didn't know specifics. Anyone know if that's really possible?

Is that what the alternate quality Desecrate’s “2% chance something something Forgotten corpse” does?