Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

LordNat posted:

Then so it shalt be!

im so sorry

i made a berserker build for oro's flicker in path of building

its got high evade and dodge chance for the small hits and becomes immortal* when something hits it for 15% life.

https://pastebin.com/8HxHKjkM

*you are going to die to volatile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
No changes to reflect? I guess casters are still hosed without Vaal Pact if they aren't an Elementalist or use Sybil's. The Pantheon stuff isn't gonna do anything. Reflect was still noticeable even on my Vaal Pact CI Inquisitor on Legacy with Incandescent Heart and Atziri's Promise.

Also Infernal Blow is pretty ridiculous now. You can easily get an effective 100% monster life dealt as fire damage as a Slayer because of the culling (an universal 25% more multiplier for hits) and the new Damage on Full Life gem, plus free melee splash. I don't know if I would want to play a name lock skill though.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

George posted:

The Slayer changes are really sad, looking at it again. They didn't really nerf it much, they just made sure that the only build that ever took something other than the usual nodes was punished for it.

The changes aren't bad. Those less used nodes are the best nodes in the game for builds that rely on stun or Melee Splash. The problem is that the builds that do that suck, not that Slayer isn't a good enough band-aid for them.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Eminai posted:

I'm curious what your threshold for a build that doesn't suck is.

it should be good at clearing maps quickly or killing bosses. and if you can't play your specific flicker strike build because of the slayer changes the problem is not with slayer

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
People don't group up because doing so actually makes the game harder unless it's with a fully dedicated support. It's terrible game design.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Count Uvula posted:

Somehow I feel like a +8 helmet will be more expensive than the Kaom's Signs.

i feel sorry for the person who is going to be baited into spending more than an exalt on a self cast discharge/elemental hit helmet

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

please knock Mom! posted:

Yeah that skill is only good with actual prolif

Wait

expensive build for elite ladder pushers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ2MNzDmiTo&t=150s

the build you recommend to absolute beginners:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF5q6vfvEF0&t=9s

the game has changed a bit

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Am I reading the gem wrong or does Charged Dash effectively deal 400% base damage in its entire area if you hold it at max distance?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Fenris13 posted:

The more attack speed modifies everything charged dash does, the entire attack period is 60% faster. It is just that each stage takes one attack period to reach, and each attack pulse takes two.

this is breaking my brain

Edit: Not unprecedented though. Cyclone tooltip is stupid too.

Mercrom fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 31, 2018

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
they did it because self-casting can also mean auto-casting

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

If that overrides the block cap it's broken. Even reaching the cap normally isn't as good as 50% damage reduction from every hit.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

If you mean double strike do it as a gladiator. Blood explosions make the clear very fast

Are the explosions actually useful for anything but clearing corpses? The damage is hard to scale and a base damage of 10% of monster health is very little unless the area of effect is large enough for significant overlap. And unlike Herald of Ice it can't chain.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Gladiator changes look good if you want movement speed with your max block. :effort:

It looks like the melee changes are contained mostly in the mechanics and skill gems. Unless trickster gets a much needed nerf it looks like I'm gonna go hybrid trickster cyclone with QotF.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
It's incredibly easy to one-shot packs in this game. I bet most of the supposed clear speed improvement is imagined because people like to see monsters pop.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Papercut posted:

These ascendancy changes have me seriously reconsidering my plan to go trickster. Slayer and zerker both look juicy.

It depends on the tree and skill changes for me. It's not very hard to make a hybrid Cyclone trickster with 10k hp, 45k evasion, 50% spell dodge +184% move speed and over 300k shaper dps.

I will probably play Berserker or Slayer if the new fortify nodes are good and if they add crit nodes in the bottom left of the tree. The new axe, mace or staff exclusive support gems might be game changers too.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Being able to do damage (and leech) while avoiding damage is kind of the thing that makes cyclone good. Now that you can cancel it into an instant movement skill it's even better. Though animation canceling is supposed to make every melee skill be able to do that.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I've waited a long time for cyclone to be channeled. I've also waited a long time for a Grim Dawn-like targeting system. I hope any of the name lock melee skills will be worth using over cyclone but I kinda doubt it.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

They really went all out for pure phys builds and its pretty cool. There are too many good support gems now

I think it's pretty dumb. The extreme scaling for physical damage means that elemental conversion melee skills can't compare. The massive flat physical damage is gonna be the return of the dual wield meta because of the 32% more scaling. I'm just going to play a non-crit champion cycloner because I don't see a reason to get more damage.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

euphronius posted:

Just had an entire league pushing elemental conversion.

And next league might give bows a support gem with the headhunter effect and give bosses 40% physical resistance to match elemental. I don't like that.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Yes. I would expect ruthless to work with multistrike like crits do with it only activating on the third multistrike use but with each of the three hits getting the multiplier.

That's how it works right now. If it works like that in 3.7 you could cancel after the first attack 2 times and start a third multistrike with the whole bonus. They made ruthless unable to with blade flurry and cyclone for similar reasons. It's possible they have balanced it by making you need to finish a whole multistrike sequence for it to count as an attack for ruthless.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
i used to hate talisman but i dont know how you can look back at it as a notably bad mechanic after synthesis

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
p2w is extremely terrible game design but the loot pickup and rare identifying is like the thing p2w games put in to annoy you and make you pay to avoid so it might actually be worse game design imo

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I used Storm Brand for single target in Metamorph and obviously it was broken because you could just run away while killing the bosses. I can't imagine the thought process behind allowing Archmage support to be used with brands. Was it even good for anything else?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I'm still not convinced the clear speed increases from on-death explosions aren't mostly placebo. Scaling the damage is hard and physical explosions should get almost nullified by armor. The old elementalist herald of ice chaining was something else though.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

So, the patch notes now say this.

I am 100% using war bringer with a screamy slammy berserker now. 10 rage per 5 power? poo poo. A unique enemy is 20 power. That means a scream from 0 instantly gives you 40 rage. If you have deep breaths, it is 48 rage. Sacrificing yourself down to 30/38 for a second warcry seems totally managable.

That's crazy. I guess I'm starting with mega-exerted bladestorms.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
It bothers me that the first thing that gets "fixed" due to whining is the profitability of undoubtedly most overpowered league mechanic ever made. I have set up 3 t1 harvesters per color and it's still just not fun having to go into the grove and bring bases and scourings and swap out storage tanks and horticrafting stations and reconnect the pylons. It's not complicated it's just tedious and all the comparisons to Factorio, a game about automating tedious tasks, are undeserved.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Champion is also probably the second best defensive ascendancy in the game now. If you have enough phys reduction/endurance charges and use Loreweave + Transcendance + Imbalanced Guard you should be able to tank anything.

I'm playing EQ Jugg with The Brass Dome and Transcendance and stand in ground effects all day with 5k life. Can recommend for a chill playstyle.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I think you’re doing it wrong tbh

pls teach me how to farm

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Yeah I should probably get around to building as many storage tanks as my computer can handle. But I have enough alchs for maps so I'm not gonna waste juice on map crafting.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I like this one. But I'm waiting for the patch to see if I should get 4-5 T1 harvesters per color.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Maybe I've missed something but think it's kind of offensive to call people complaining about a video game "toxic" with all sexual harassment going on in the gaming community.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
The new patch kinda ruined the bleed axe I was in the middle of crafting. Is there no way to cap bleed as jugg without using uniques or a weapon with bleed chance?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Thanks. I guess I will make some changes in my tree.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
If you have an elder weapon with 2 good prefixes it's better to benchcraft "cannot roll attack modifiers" and augment an attack modifier for a 50/50 chance to get the bleed mod because GGG put in separate layers of tags for affixes for some reason.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Dance Officer posted:

The path of mathh way has the same odds and costs, and you end up with a significantly better item.

I have no idea what harvests crafts go for since I don't trade them but the "cannot roll attack modifiers" bench craft is only 1 ex and augment an attack mod is common. Also 1/2 is better odds than 1/3. The method you are talking about seems outdated since they added the attack tag to the bleed and poison mod for harvest purposes (but not metamod purposes)

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
why make a strong character. why not just grind ledge all league

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
The "best" thing about Harvest league for me is that it finally made rare items so utterly worthless you don't lose anything by hiding even jewelled foils.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

yeah delirium feels like an experiment in if they could slow down the game
this is incomprehensible to me

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
tbh looking at all the spell effects and garish mtx im surprised the game doesnt have lens flares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
i dont think ggg considers killing stuff the main point of the game though. "loot explosions" and inventory tetris seem to be at least as important

i havent noticed any problems with bloom this league since i have it set to slight and because i have absolutely no expectations being able to see anything in combat anyway. this game has always had incompetent art direction