Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It puts commander of darkness into line with other team member damage boosts from items or ascendancy and there were a lot of things you didn't think would count as auras but did, I'm all for not making it feel mandatory to have a player be a glorified buffbot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Any of the buffed uniques making people go "Imma make a build around that specific item"?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'll probably try the berserker righteous fire since I wanted to go RF but couldn't decide on what ascendancy to go with it, SRS seems like it's going to be too popular.

I suspect that lightning builds with new skills will be found out to be actually amazing once you break certain thresholds with them.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What time is the patch and the league coming out?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Awesome! posted:

i cant decide if i want kraitlyn or points for rf zerking. im not sure i actually need the points and more shield charge speed is always good

Wouldn't you want 1% life regen for RF?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For a righteous fire build, I'm thinking of either going with Scion with this build https://pastebin.com/qnRi8cnC or Juggernaut with this build https://pastebin.com/pB7pHR5Y

With Scion, it would be pathfinder/trickster to keep life regen up and with juggs would be endurance charges.

I've been gone from the game for ages, anyone able to help me figure out the pro/cons of the different ascendancy?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Anyone come across anyone complaining that the improved map showing doors and quest items from further away is dumbing the game down for casuals?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Okay so end of act 5/act 6 spoilers if anyone cares

it looks like the empire that we killed was perhaps holding back something even more evil underneath it? that's... extremely Path of Exile tbh.

And the Beast was not a bad thing? Somehow I don't see malachai and family being good guys tbh

Only up to act 6 myself, but with the extra dialog about the beast with Sin he mentions he created the beast to subdue the Gods but didn't create it with any ambition so it would just sit there, he didn't count on men with ambition who would use it to subdue other men.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I gotta say, the new music is pretty good, is there anywhere online to find the brine king music to listen to?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just found a exalted orb and a voice started talking about how sweet exalted orbs are, is that new or is it from the last expansion because it sounded like the shaper's voice actor?

Or could the new loot filter cause voice lines like that to go off?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Katasi posted:

Based on GGG's previous design choices, I would guess that next time they update the atlas, they will add the new bosses to the top tier maps. They've said a number of times that their biggest thing is clever re-use of content, so it seems kind of inevitable. I heard a rumor that they're updating the atlas in 3.1, so that would be about 3 months from now.

I'm looking forward to tier 16+ Emperor Avarius fight.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How long does it usually take people to get into a "grass is greener" mindset and think about what other builds you could roll up next?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is there still a +1 charge choice quest somewhere I missed?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is there still a quest like merciless bandits that rewards +1 charge or +1 passive point? I have not seen one.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Pastry Mistakes posted:

So one of the things that pushed me away from PoE when I first started playing it way back when is the fact that it seems a bit merciless in class progression. God forbid you gently caress up with your passive skills because you're really not going to get a chance to undo everything.

I think I hit that point with my brand new level 50 marauder who drat near instantly dies on the beach in act 6.

So gently caress. Honestly this is the one thing where D3 beats this game. PoE kicks its rear end in the lore department, the customization of classes, the maps, crafting, loving everything. But the whole shtick of "well you wouldn't respect your character if you could just respec hurr duurrr" is absolutely asinine.

You get around 20 respec points from quests, how bad can you gently caress up your character that you can't fix it with that?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

McFrugal posted:

I will never understand why people path up to the big life ring just for the notable, while ignoring all the 4% life nodes that are much easier to get to or even directly adjacent to the existing path.

It's really boring to just pick 5% more life for 10 levels instead of working towards some crazy keystone effect.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For how long has wildstrike been a insanely strong skill? I thought it was elemental hit tier of useless but it's absurdly good, finding it way better then sunder.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 9, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

J posted:

If you were thinking about trying out that new cold damage axe debeon's dirge, buy it now because mathil just made a video outlining his next build which is going to be using it for charged dash or cyclone. Prices on it are probably already on their way up from speculators.

I gave it a try a few days ago because it was the cheapest weapon with decent damage available, I think with a build designed around it it could have lots of potential with the warcry superbuffing your damage, but the price is already showing 3-5c as the floor where yesterday it was 1c for pages.

I have to imagine at this point the streamers know their market manipulation effects and buy up like 30 of the items on a alt account before announcing their build revolving around it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 9, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Vasudus posted:

I love my SR Inquisitor. The only reason I'm not playing it right this second is because my CD Raider is a gofast build and I'm in a gofast mood this week. I give zero fucks about any map mod and poo poo out damage with horrendous gear.

What does CD stand for?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Of the various scorching ray/righteous fire builds going around, which would you say is the "best" ascendancy class for it?

Berserk for 40% more damage good attack speed and warcrys replacing the need for life flasks?
Chieftain for the highest health regen stacking endurance charges and 10% more strength for using Doon Cuebiyari?
Inquisitor for consecrated ground bonuses and more attack/cast speed while moving around and easy MoM access?
Guardian? though I know less about it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Aug 10, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
My only complaints with the game right now off the top are my head:

More stash tabs should be visible without the need to scroll sideways,
10% chance for a single breach in a map should be upped to a chance for 1-3 breachs, too many things are turned into one-of's and breach uniques had a lot of build variety.
Master rotations need to be a thing of the past and unnecessary to hit level 7 on them soloing.

GGG has been really good at fixing most of the more annoying or problem parts of the game and I can forgive most of what's bad or done poorly about act 5-10 just because I'll never ever have to repeat a act two more times per character after I do them.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Noper Q posted:

Does anyone have a good Wild Strike build? I looked around a bit, but I only saw 2.6 guides, and I don't know what's still good in melee since I usually run casters.

Alternately, I'd like to try Charged Dash, but people on the official forums were complaining that it's under-tuned.

I was following a bit of this wild strike guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1867849/page/1

Wildstrike is a surprisingly good skill and this is also the first time I've gone berserker with vaal pact and cloaked in savagery has to be the most broken ascendancy point in the game, so long as you have something to hit and don't die to a one shot your healthbar will keep jumping from 1% to 100% every swing.

Wildstrike single target damage is rather good and with 100% pierce and multiple chains baseline even unlinked to anything it can clear a pack in a swing, only complaint so far is the complaint I'd have with any namelock or multi-strike skill in that without lots and lots of attack speed it feels pretty bad to use because of how it locks you out of any other action until you finish swinging 3 times.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 10, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Close helms seem rather hard to actually find as drops or merchant items to chance for a 200c the baron to sell.

Speaking of selling, I've found anything with high life is flying off the shelves, twice the demand for life items to fill with all but the most dedicated abandoning CI builds.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 10, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd like to see it so that Uber Lab unlocks when you complete any 6 trials, not 6 specific trials that RNG can screw you out of for days.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I will say that the normal and cruel labyrinths give really good loot now for how fast and easy they are now, the guy getting a mirror from cruel lab is definitely on the top end of labyrinth loot, but on the lower end you still get lots of currency and rare jewels that could potentially be worth a lot with 3+ mods that work together.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ronya posted:

so today I picked up Cloaked in Savagery on my vaal pact berserker. never played a berserker before

what the heck, this is broken. so, what, with some %dr/%pdr and stun resistance (thanks, briney!) I can just faceroll content? is that it? Is there some trick I'm not seeing?

In the same boat as you, screw having to kite or manage large groups or worry about being worn down by tons of small attacks at all once, just have your health jump from 1% to 100% every nanosecond.

I feel it's by far the strongest ascendancy point in the game and it's the same class that has a 40% more damage node.

It turns the game into what D3 was before it's expansion that removed lifesteal because if anything didn't 1 shot you your health would just jump from 1% to 100%.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 12, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Pretty much every Kitava ability can be moved out of, just watch what he does.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

the bitcoin of weed posted:

labyrinth loot must be crazy today, I didn't quite match the goon from earlier who got a Mirror drop but I got something like 10 (worthless) uniques and a Tabula Rasa in a single Cruel lab. now I don't know if I should keep this to level new characters or sell it to buy better gear for my primary

Had a 9 key uberlab run today with a decent 30c unique drop and 6l corrupted chest among the loot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Brine king, Araakali, Solaris and Lunaris were exciting fights with plenty of things going on and to avoid without any major none-telegraphed one shots, but enough 90% shots and adds to refill potions to make it exciting.

The trio and some of the mini boss fights leading up to them were a little underwhelming but it was a interesting looking monster with some call-back attacks.

Kitava reminds me too much of Belial from diablo 3 for me to like him much.

On another note, Oriath has a top notch cleanup crew if the place goes from burnt out bloody hellhole with mountains of corpses to a pristine spotless city literally 10 seconds after you beat up Kitava.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 13, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Couple of questions for those who know the mechanics of the game better.

How does Ruthless and Multistrike interact, will it do the damage at the end of the 3rd multi strike hit, or after the third separate use of the skill?

Does the soul of Ralakesh -25% physical damage over time taken effect labyrinth traps?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ronya posted:

We have a remarkably poor success rate at rescuing people, and the ratio only gets worse in 3.0. Is the only person that survives our flailing attempts to extract them Helena in Act 2?

I like how you get a quest to save Silk, while he still stands around all smug in the chamber of sins, can't just drag him back to camp, got to wait for him to beat you to the sealed temple.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

Act nine and ten seem very rushed

Act nine just felt like going through half a dozen wide open maps hoping to hit a random quest object while pushing forward for ages with a lot of probably missing dialogue.

Act ten was just the middle part of act 5 and then a 2 map tunnel towards the final boss.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Jazerus posted:

they usually lead to emperor's troves, which are quite similar to the chests after you beat izaro in terms of reward

they can be very much worth doing if it's not like, a sawblade & spike trap

Am I just bad, or are the spinning blades the worst when it comes to not taking any damage crossing them?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

terrified of my bathroom posted:

Berserker DP and ele conversion builds (BV, BF, FB) seem to be big winners so far. Having gotten around to playing with berserker DP, its incredibly silly and I have no idea why they didn't nerf berserker going into this league

Berserker is one streamer calling attention to how crazy the lifesteal passive is from being nerfed by next league, sorta like how baron was 1c the previous leagues and 200c this league.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I told myself to avoid flipping items so much this league, but seems like every 5 minutes some random guy puts up a item with nearly perfect rolls in every affix and sells it to the first person of 50 to message for some pocket lint.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

Do linked gems need to be adjacent to each other to provide bonuses?

If I have three linked sockets like this:

pre:
B

|
v

B

|
v

G
Will the bottom G provide bonuses to the top B, or only the middle B?

They have to be linked together to effect eachother, everything linked together will effect eachother if they do support eachother.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

awesmoe posted:

Steam/reddit guides for identifying valuable gear seem to ignore sockets/links entirely - is it just expected that people will do their own fusing/chromatic-ing ?

4 link max gear doesn't matter past the first day of a fresh league because by then fusing and jewelers will be plentiful and it only takes single digits to 4 link some gloves or such, you just don't want to waste your fusings on the first days on stuff you'll replace in a hour.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Here is a question, how do you decide when your current character is ready for Uber atziri or shaper? what are the benchmarks or what content can you throw yourself at to feel like "ok I'm ready and frankly overgeared for it" I don't know how hard they hit with basic unavoidable attacks or if they crit so I don't know how much life is necessary to not get immediately one shot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Zotix posted:

So I've been playing a bit since the release are of 3.0 and I've got a RF zerker to 83 and he does decent clearing so far up to maps 10. Looking to give something else a go now. What's a decent build to try for boss killing as opposed to straight map clear speed?

Anything that converts physical to elemental seems to do very well at boss killing because of the conversion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Are there any generalizations that can be made about the sorts of builds that can reliably do Guardians/Shaper, but aren't also stupidly expensive just to get started?

Like... 2H builds, wand builds, spell builds, crit builds, ailment builds, etc.?

I have a question in the same vein for a build that can keep farming the hardest bosses, but instead of budget I got 400c to toss around.