Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I think I want to start this league using sunder as my main skill.
I just can't decide between bezerker and gladiator. Anyone have any thoughts on which would be better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Wondering if anyone feels up to giving me some build advice/item advice. Character name LeninSunderZerk
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Leninvs/characters

Im level 88, using Sunder as my main skill and up until this point stunning everything in sight with this setup.
Im finding T14 bosses difficult, and t14+ mobs take longer than expected for me to kill.

Here is a path of building pastbin link aswell. https://pastebin.com/RJttYwEu

I was thinking I could path up to vaalpact from the north. that would free up 12 skill points.
Having a hard time optimizing this.

I have about 400c laying around or so.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

can you respec the bandit quest these days?

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Couple of questions for those who know the mechanics of the game better.

How does Ruthless and Multistrike interact, will it do the damage at the end of the 3rd multi strike hit, or after the third separate use of the skill?

Does the soul of Ralakesh -25% physical damage over time taken effect labyrinth traps?

I believe that every third click of the skill activates ruthless and the all three hits of that multistrike have the ruthless modifier.

So 3/9 hits will be ruthless. 1/3 activations of the skill.
At least, that's how it seems to work with my sunder builld

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

JawnV6 posted:

I started a Sunder Berserker, can't find a forum post and just going off a video for now. Anyone have a build guide that's not on youtube? Or does that not exist anymore.

Didn't realize there would be a purge in the first week, was out of town and got booted :/

I followed this guide for the most part.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRKLks6sq8Q But I picked up Vaal pact right after RT.
This is my current build https://pastebin.com/iRdzybyn use path of building to see all my items and tree.

Using this build I Just defeated the shaper, first attempt ever.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

If the goonguild is not full still, can I get an invite?
LeninSunderZerk

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

anyroom in the guild?
Character name : LeninMayhem

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Guild invite if possible..leninslayer

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

invite LeninSlayer if there is room.

Im doing a moltenstrike build this time, ancestral call really makes this fun.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Any one else have an issue with their molten strike orbs? I have RT but it seems like none of the orbs are hiring anymore. I went from clearing waves of enemies in one hit to being unable to kill anything

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Carefull with glove enchants this league.
"Cast Edict of blades on hit" was causing my molten strike to have 0 AOE.
Other enchants might be similarly bugged

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Iv been doing cyclone/,molten strike. I feel like alot of bosses kill me when I stand still to spam molten strike on them, I get stuck in the multistrike animation and can't escape their one shot mechanics.

I'm starting to wonder if I should just free up two jewel slots removing the wildfire jewels and sell my +3projectile devotos.

I could pick up a ton of extra life doing that. But I'd lose a ton of single target DPS on bosses that let me sit still for longer than 1s

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

NachtSieger posted:

Don't use multistrike on bosses that require you to not be rooted in one spot while you vomit balls on things.

This is one of those things that is so obvious. I'm not sure how I didn't even think of this. Yet last leauge when I played a sunder build I removed multistrike all the time.

I think I was just too focused on vomiting the max amount of balls per second

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Created a scion so I had access to the jewel slots. Loaded up the unique belt with the dual sockets.
Oh man mirage archer is really fun when you have so many flat damage jewels.

Can I convert this scion into a endgame archer or should I just switch to the frostbolt build I was thinking

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Thanks to exterminate for getting me to vaal my ngamhamu flame. It gained the culling strike mod and I sold it for enough to buy a xophs blood...

I should vaal the xophs blood

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Zotix posted:

Hey, does anyone have experience playing a ngamahu's slayer? I stumbled upon this earlier and I'm likely going to start one over the next few days.

You can use avatar of fire in the skill tree and the fire version of impressence for free flammability aura. Not quite as good as xophs but if you sit on poe.trade live long enough you can pick up impressence for 1ex

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I cannot decide on a starter for this league.

1) something with scorching ray. Chieften or totems or trickster
2) magma orb deadeye
3)the new shield throw looks dope. I love the idea of it but I worry it will suck.
4)jugg with the new endurance AOE attack.

Everything looks cool.
I just need to NOT switch to a cyclone character mid league like I have for the past 3 in a row.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Anyone have an idea what the best enchant is for a trickster RF+SR build?

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Can I get back in the guild,
LeninMagicFind is the current one im playing,

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Can I get a invite .

LeninMagicFind

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Last try for this league,
Can I get back into the guild?

LeninMagicFind

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Looking for an invite,
LeninAlThor

not sure what to play for the flashback, il likely figure it out 1minute before the start and then regret my choice for a week

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

theshim posted:

Ngamahu chieftain is really really good right now.

I'm doing ngamahu chieftain in flashback. I'm in t11 maps clearing easily no deaths. Still wearing a tabula and most of my gear is not great.

Just trying to 6l my perfect bronns chest piece in my stash before I change chests

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

LeninLabDelve invite please

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Can someone help me figure out a upgrade path or whatever for my delve character

Doing a vaal double strike jugg.
http://poe-profile.info/profile/Leninvs

I get overwhelmed trying to figure out which piece to upgrade next.

I have about 500c I can toss around

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

How much longer do you guys think the league will go for? I stopped playing for a couple weeks. Trying to figure out if I should come back now or just wait for the new league start

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Vasudus posted:

I farmed up 14ex today. Ugh.

On the plus side, I'm 5/6 for Delve Encounters IV so I'll probably get that before I finish getting my Dex Stacker Scion kitted out.

Wow nice. What was your method if you don't mind my asking? After the first couple weeks I struggle to make any kind of money

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I feel like I might be the only person that has not enjoyed this league much

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Tai posted:

Still chasing a self 6L. Broke 10k fusings the other night (over 3 leagues).

Think iv 6l five items now in three leagues. Prob less than 2500 total

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Not sure what build I want to start with this time.
The cold skill reworks look pretty cool and iv got a sweet frostbolt skin.
Anyone aware of a good frostbolt build? It's got some neat interactions now.

But the new skills also look sweet.
But I also want to try a MF character or RF again.

Oh man I'm going to make 100characters this league

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Arc mines or arc traps to start?
Never played a mine or trap character.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

space marine todd posted:

What are some good starter builds this league? I was thinking arc mines.

I haven't played since Bestiary league. Are there any articles/guides on all the stuff they've added?

I started with arc mines and made it to T10 maps with mostly level 50 garbage gear and a tabula.

Very strong. First caster I have ever played. I thought my vaal double strike jugg was fast last league. What an idoit I was. Arc mines is wonderful

Not sure what supports to use for it though.i doubt I'm being optimal but I'm using added cold and added lightning right now.
I think I should switch those to lightning pen and trap/mine damage support

Shimmeron still worth using?

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Cinara posted:

Rofl how the gently caress are you not using this support already?

Haven't tossed my build into path of building. Was just following a guide I found in the forum's and it suggested added cold damage support. To freeze bad dudes I assume.

Build has just been steamrollinf everything thus far so I haven't looked back at much of anything since I equipped my first tabula.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Suprfli6 posted:

I’ve done like 5 red maps now and I’m still missing a ton of white and yellow maps that I’ve never had drop, and trading for them is a waste of time because almost everyone just ignores my whispers for a 1-2 alch map. Are there other goons who are in the same boat who may want to swap stuff or if there’s anyone that has a bunch of extra white/yellow maps, I’ll post what I need and gladly pay market price for them. Getting like 10 of what I need from one person would be a ton easier than trying to grab them one at a time.

Also unrelated build question: Should I buy a corrupted level 21 Arc gem, or is like a 20 quality level 20 better? What’s the best one to up my dps over my current level 20 0 qual?

I will be on around 6pm est. I have extra Copies of almost every map I can either give you or sell you for very affordable prices.

I think today I'm going to try and craft a awesome mine helmet. Thinking of just spamming metallic fossils on a helmet trying to get additional mines and -9% enemy's lightning resist

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Speaking of character advice....
If anyone wants to speak to how I should upgrade my arcminer next.

I know I need to fix my flasks. And upgrade my jewels.
I have about 17 ex laying around.

With no gloves my resists are all above 90 to with the loreweave on

LeninVS fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 19, 2018

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I have my atlas primed for Uber elder. But my gear sucks.
Doing Arc mines. I have about 20ex to my name

Any thoughts in upgrades I could make to help me with the Uber elder fight?

I know I need to fix my gems. Lightning spire trap and arc are both probably not optimal.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Cinara posted:

I killed Uber Elder deathless with worse gear than that as Arc Mines. Your Arc links are fine and that's all you'll really use on the fight, they move too much for Spire to do much. Minefield vs Added Lightning is somewhat of a wash, I prefer Minefield for clearing and never bother to swap it out.

You could use a Dream Fragments if you wanted, though I found the upgraded Brine King -50% chill effect was plenty. Really if you have trouble the only thing you need is to learn the fight better and practice more.

EDIT: Also yea why Tombfists? I honestly am not a fan of the boots either but I guess they are fine.

I didn't know which gloves and boots to use. My resists are capped without them .
I figured getting some extra abyss jewels and life would be useful.

The tombfists also had a pretty cool corruption on them. Extra Life and spellcrit

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Can people list some alt leveling tips?
Yesterday I saw the level 1 fossil crafted gloves.
I know about using the storm clouds bow with flat lightning damage abyss jewels.

Any other weird item tips for leveling? Or Best skills?
I hate leveling alts. But this league is so fun I'd like to

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I think I want to play a fireball character this league.
Should I be focusing in the ignite damage or the fireball damage. Also should I be a trickster or elementalist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

theshim posted:

send me your pob for this :mad:

Yeah I am interested in this as well. I remember you speaking highly of the build in guild chat last league.