Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Anyone have a link to a 3.5 build purely for fossil farming?

Trying to make my own - basically hitting every movement node, as much life/regen as possible, phase run/quicksilvers for movement and rain of arrows for clearing trash. Any better way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Zero VGS posted:

Finally got my first solo Shaper kill, and it was deathless! All it took was the tankiest HoAg Guardian on the planet.

Shaper dropped a 4-link Shaper's Touch, so I qualitied it to 20%, Vaal it and got "Level 12 Elemental Weakness on Hit". I put it up for one exalt and it sold in 5 minutes to some Korean homie. My lucky day!

Here's my build so far at lvl 90:

https://pastebin.com/4MPU8gZU

Highlights:

- Over 21k ES (over 22.5k when I reach lvl 95), it looks like slightly under because the Timeless Jewel strength bonuses aren't factored in. Molten Shell activates every 3000 damage and gives 10000 shell which absorbs 75% of hits.

- The entire build costs about 1ex, except for the Clarity->ES Watcher's Eye which costs 3-4ex (and totally optional lvl 4 Empower). Can be done with 100% budget uniques except the Eye, I found a couple cheap rares that I'm running with but you can swap back to Rainbowstride / Perandus Signet in the PoB.

- Immune to Shock and Ignite, and you can swap in a Dream Fragments to get immune to Freeze/Chill, giving up 1000 ES or so. Worth it for Shaper so his balls don't lock you in place.

- The empty jewel slot in my PoB is a Timeless jewel that gives Glancing Blows "double chance to block, take 50% of blocked damage". This is completely bonkers when my Aegis Aurora instantly restores at least 1100 ES each block.

- The 4-link of Cyclone->CastWhileChanneling->LesserPoison->Ball Lightning gives me mobility and lets me easily keep 40 Herald of Agony stacks on a single-target boss, without a Golden Rule jewel. Makes for a relaxing one-button build, it feels like a Cyclone build with a 2 second delay on the enemies actually dying.

- 327k HoAG DPS is decent, if I want to switch out Maim for Vile Toxins it becomes 377k and for that I only need 1 more skill point to take 4% less mana reserved, near CI.

- Fighting against corrupted Hydra last night, I went AFK for 10 minutes to do laundry. My Cast When Damage Taken killed him.

Theorycraft:

- The one thing I'm considering now is maybe trying a 6-l Brass Dome. My armor stays the same, I have 30% reduced chance to block but that still comes out to 62% chance when I'm attacking (because of Glancing Blows) and 75% when Bastion of Hope is up. I would be giving up 15% of my ES and 30% of my DPS for immunity to 30% more damage from crits. Sacrificing everything for immortality is very in flavor for PoE.

- Would be nice if I could find a way to sneak Fortify on to Cyclone instead of Leap Slam, for maximum one-button laziness. I guess I could try for Elder Boots with Fortify support, or I could maybe link a Counterattack gem with Fortify?

I hijacked this build and got my first ever Uber Elder kill just now :toot:

Swapped out the weapon for one with resists and 90% minion damage, and diverted a load of the tree into minion damage/attack speed. Still took goddamn ages to whittle them down, by the end the screen was just a mess of vortices and damaging ground but managed to tough it out. No jewel, but did get a shaped thicket bow for my troubles.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Diogines posted:

That is one I was actually considering because it looked cool. It sounds silly but I honestly have gone through entire areas without even seeing the enemies because my pets kill them too fast, I want to see what I am killing!

Any suggestions on a specific build for a cyclone character?
Had a lot of success and fun with this Ice Nova CoC Assassin build, if you have ~10ex available for 2 Cospri's Malice and a 6link Carcass Jack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqC4WM7am20

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Have I hosed my atlas?

3 of the internal regions don't have a discovered citadel, but every region says at least "Region Level 1 required to spawn Exile".

The highlighted region even has all maps completed.

Edit: Just noticed Zana has a menu option "Take Watchstone" but clicking on it does nothing

Bagpuss_UK fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 16, 2019

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Sakco posted:

If you kill a map boss of a t3 or higher map in a region without a discovered citadel you'll get the citadel.

Just tried this, doesn't seem to have done anything.

No notifications, no new dialogue options with Kirac or Zana, nothing new on the atlas...

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

J posted:

When a region of the atlas gets colored in like that, you lose the ability to remove watchstones from that region until you run some more maps in that region and kill the conqueror. Run some more maps in the green and yellow regions and you should be able to see the watchtowers for those regions again after you kill the conquerors that spawn. For any region that you haven't discovered the citadel yet, just run some more maps in that region until the citadel portal appears after the boss, it's just random.

I think the only way you can really gently caress yourself is if you go hog wild and socket 3 or 4 watchstones in a region, run maps in that region until it gets influenced, and then be too weak to actually kill the conqueror when it spawns since you won't be able to take the watchstones out.

Welp, I cleared these 2 coloured regions so their watchtowers reappeared, I've since run over 20 maps in the regions without watchtowers and still none have appeared.

Either I'm extremely unlucky or something is just bugged to hell.

Edit: lol not that unlucky, 2 exalts dropped in the last 10 minutes

Bagpuss_UK fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 16, 2019

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Holy poo poo, it *was* bugged the whole time.

:siren: If your inner watchtowers won't spawn, and you are playing on a 2nd character, switch back to the first character and run a map :siren:

This fixed it for me instantly, first map gave me the citadel.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
So this first Sirus fight is supposed to be unwinnable and just make you burn half a level for no reason, right?

Got him down 20%, die once, then this is what greets me whenever I reenter the map.

Great boss design GGG.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Organ autopickup!
All map bosses drop all organs!
Maps searchable by region name!
End boss fight fixes!
Last day at work for 2 1/2 weeks!

Today is a good day, time to get some serious grind on...

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
This is the first time I've had no idea what to price an item at. The only other amulet/talisman that has anywhere near the same stats also has life and added phys damage, and is listed for 12ex. There isn't another one I can find with double crit multi and resists/ES

Bagpuss_UK fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 25, 2019

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
This late game is really pissing me off now.
After loving up my first Awakener fight by dragging a storm over to the entrance door (I went in blind with no idea about the fight), next time I got to the 3rd phase deathless then he bugged and wouldn't come down from the sky, so had to abandon that.
Today I got 2 more Elderslayers to spawn in the first 30 minutes or so, now I've not had a single other one in the last 4 hours.

I've tried:
- running different regions
- resocketing watchstones
- running red/yellow/white maps
- changing hideouts
- changing game regions (from EU to US and back)
- restarting the game
- verifying game files through steam

Nothing works.

What the gently caress GGG.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Found a Sirus strat that completely avoids having to drag storms anywhere, killed him 5 times in a row now (with 2 deathless).

After the first phase, let him spawn the storm then run southwest towards the tent/boxes at the edge of the map. Stand there and Sirus will move slowly towards you - you should see his shadow moving and the screen slowly zoom out the closer he gets. After a few seconds, he should be clear of the storm, so just run back underneath him to start phase 2.

After phase 2, do the same thing, but run and stand right next to the tent at the edge of the map to start with. Otherwise same thing, let him float towards you then run under him when he gets close enough/clear of his storm.

For phase 3, the same tactic applies but this time run northwest towards the stairs (usually getting as far as the circular logo on the ground is good enough, you shouldn't have to reach the stairs themselves). Once he gets close enough towards you, run back underneath him to start the final phase.

Bagpuss_UK fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jan 7, 2020

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Holy poo poo that was a pretty wild 2 hours of gameplay.

- Spawned and killed all 4 guardians, got Awakened Minion Damage drop - sold for 4ex
- Killed Sirus, got Awakened Controlled Destruction - sold for 4ex
- Chaos spam crafted an amulet with +1 to all chaos skill gems, T1 chaos over time multi, T1 % max energy shield and +30 to all attributes - sold for 8ex
- Killed Elder, got watchers eye drop with "gain %of physical as lightning affected by wrath", and "% chance of double damage while using pride".... with a pride equipped char

brb buying lottery ticket

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Sooo uh wave 13 of Simulcrum and

i guess I won the league or something?

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
I found two Exalted Orbs today and I thought I was lucky. What are you going to buy?
No idea. I've listed it for 300ex, so I guess whatever I want :D

What's the most ridiculously OP build I could look at making... some sort of herald stacking headhunter monstrosity?

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
No buyers for my jewel yet, apart from one optimistic 200ex offer.

I want to start buying crazy poo poo goddamit.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

StoryTime posted:

At this point I'd honestly consider how much more fun is 300 ex going to buy you as opposed to 200.
At the very minimum I guess I want to get a headhunter and a couple of inspired learnings, that doesn't leave a lot of change for anything else.

I'm pretty confident it will sell for near 300, there have been a couple at that price that have sold already.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
No offers overnight, so bumped my Voices down to 250ex and it sold in 10 minutes.

Time to go shopping!

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Shopping haul so far:

Headhunter (135ex)
2 x Inspired Learning (~500c each)
2 x Cospri's Malice (3ex each)
6 linked Astral Plate with 3 white/3 green sockets, +crit on attacks, enemies explode and life (35ex)
Temp Chains enchanted life/int/resists helmet (7ex)
Assorted jewels/jewellery

66ex still left over, looking to fill out my tree with curse effect jewels so might pick up a 5 passives Voices to accomodate them.

Amazing what one little lucky jewel drop can get you :)

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
After 3000 hours, Emperors Luck div cards finally pay off!

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
I love unexpected crafting results. Threw a single sorched fossil on a warlord helm looking for -% fire res to nearby/elemental damage, hit this instead :eyepop:

No idea what it's really worth so threw it up for 20ex after finding similar all the way from 10 to 50, fingers crossed it gets me some decent cash to get a good build going.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Energy shield based spectral shield throw intrigues me.

Now to slip into a coma until PoB updates.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
The Aisling nerf seems really harsh. So now you have to get her to 3*, spawn and kill Catarina... and still have a chance of bricking your item.

I think they should have kept the "removes random modifier" but reverted the unveil back to just 3* Aisling, and give 3*+Cat the chance of hitting 2 unveils.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
So who submitted it?

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Gamba'd an Araakali's Fang so hunted for a spider build, and settled on this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2554248/page/1

It's pretty nutty.

- All uniques so no crafting needed, spent around 6ex on all the items needed (rings were the most expensive by far)
- Currently CI with 6.2k ES/4.1k mana. 90% phys reduction, 77/81/76 resists, 45k armour and 75/72 block - gains about 900ES on block so basically unkillable, this can go even higher with better rolls on gear and few more levels.
- Around 2.2M Sirus dps at the moment with 20 spiders up and full poison/wither stacks. PoB reckons I can get up to over 4M with all gems up to 20/20, a lvl 4 empower and another medium cluster at around lvl 96 (currently 90)

Took down both lvl 83 Catarina and Awakener 6 with only 1 death between them (lost track of Sirus off screen in last phase and got die beamed while trying to resummon spiders)

The only pain in the arse is when facing bosses with no adds, since you really need the spiders to do good damage. I've started running 2 writhing jars, then i just need to do a quick double weapon swap to get rid of my relic, double desecrate, pop a flask and cyclone to get 18-20 spiders back.

Edit: 5.7M dps with a +1 to gems corrupted Skin of the Loyal and lvl 100: https://pastebin.com/aNLnfxPK

Bagpuss_UK fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Aug 9, 2021

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Am I about to be successfully Jungroan baited into league starting Vaal Flameblast? :sigh:

It does look tempting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owmCBZN9jjU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Erulisse posted:

Nope :(
Frame times are all over the place between 36 and 200+ms
Tried turning off engine multithreading, stuttering stops, frame time becomes 44ms but game runs at like 25 fps
on a 3060ti

gently caress me sideways on a doubledecker bus why did i even try to change options IT WORKED WELL outside of having dynamic resolution for like a minute every location

I don't know what they've done in 3.23 but the performance issues have been horrendous.

My game is buttery smooth when I launch it, but after about 2-3 hours it starts getting really jerky, with the same sort of CPU spiking.
Restart the game and it's back to great again.
This is on a nearly new PC with an i9-11900 and 4070.
3.22 ran flawlessly the entire league on the same PC, it's so annoying.