Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Yeah end goal would be a Warlord's elder ring and a Shav's at which point you'd have no problem getting everything in. Until then maybe one curse on blasphemy and the other on an Orb/CoH setup and just level up Hatred until you can get a Shavs. Get down to Charisma if you can, and the other 4% reduced mana up on the top right for 16% total; will be easier to squeeze in Blasphemy/Dics/Herald for the first few days until you get the good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
I was planning going on wander something for new league hoping PS would be good after rework. Yep that'll do pig :stare:

Edit: Now my issue is figuring out which ascendancy to go. Still leaning deadeye, but not a sure thing now.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
I'm going to continue to never ever learn my lesson and go a new skill for league starter: Smite Scion with backup of going static strike or [insert any other attack skill].

Going Elementalist/Slayer with this as my initial tree

Everything should work out perfectly :v:

Edit: Also definitely going to chance an Inpulsa's.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
You are probably right since it says "Don't take damage" and not "Don't get hit"

Edit: VV Do the Beeftain version? Not as fast as elementalist, but sure is beefy

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 31, 2018

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
fukken queue after a crash again :arghfist:

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I like Mathil's idea for a scion heiro/deadeye totem ice spear girl but a lot of people are saying the new ice spear just doesnt feel good for leveling

It really doesn't, I switched back to freezing pulse quickly. So maybe do FP until later and swap to IS?

Edit: Also winter orb didn't feel that great, maybe it does later or I'm just bad. Stickin with FP for now until maybe I'm WO CwC FP on a 5 link.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
So uh, the bargain where they drop a unique can drop previous league uniques, because Haku just did a bro move and dropped a Berek's Grip :stare:

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Really hoping wave works like wise oak, in that if you have equal amounts of converted it'll apply exposure to both elements. Searched a bit on the reddit thread, but didn't see any elaboration on how that'll work.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Arrhythmia posted:

It's based on how much damage it does, so good luck with that.

Oh oof, I read that wrong. I was reading it as converted damage of the base skill, not total damage.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
When I go life at the top of the tree, I'm almost always getting Heart & Soul, so thats already a good chunk of mana. When I go MoM I just grab the 3 points behind MoM and Deep Thoughts, so 6 extra points. With a few piece of gear with +max mana, I usually have no issues hitting 1.8-2k maximum mana.

I get your point of wanting to snag all those others nearby (like Righteous Decree, Arcane Will, Soul Siphon, etc), but you don't have to get all those to have MoM still be worth getting.

Edit: I hit that amount of mana around 90 which a fair amount of +max mana.

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 28, 2019

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
I was thinking about Purifying Flame if the numbers looked good, but my gut is saying with no gear league starter Soulrend+Bane is gonna be better.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

literally every single first reply is some fucker begging for the ps4 port and its pissing me off

:lol:

I was just talking to my buddy about this. I go from amused of how big of a spaz those people are and SHUT THE gently caress UP ALREADY

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Svensken posted:

Someone on reddit suggested doing away with the mod nodes altogether and just focusing on the reward nodes. Aside from turning the League into Delve 2.0: Make Your Own Mine I wouldn't have much of an issue with that.

Hell, I dont really have an issue with it turning into Delve 2.0 either.

This is kind of of how I currently play it and I feel like it's much more worth my time playing this way. I won't completely avoid modifiers, I just don't go way out of my way to stack a ton and more focus on getting bosses/other rewards.

As someone else mentioned, ignoring ZiggyD's advice and not trying to focus on getting a billion modifiers on every tileset feels much more enjoyable then spending tons of time organizing your nexus for relatively little reward (not that there's no reward, just doesn't feel like it lines up with the time investment).

This made the league for me go from annoying to enjoyable.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
All right I think this will do for CwC Winter Orb/Ice Spear

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

silvergoose posted:

Gonna multicraft it?

Absolutely

saintonan posted:

Two of those sockets need to be green, which might be a little interesting on a str/int staff, but otherwise 11/10 would use.

Yeah I'm not quite sure yet if I'm going to go pure cold or do some extra chaos shenanigans with incandescent or shroud yet, in which case I'd probably only go for one green.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
I really really hope the one month is the true voided mayhem as opposed to the watered down non voided flashback. Mayhem is just so much more fun.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
This was just mean :( (cortex boss zone)

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
I think it was the previous thread or I can't find my post, but I found one in breach and posted here.

4k hours or so.

Edit: Found it! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754959&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=353#post468097374

Edit2: gently caress it's been over 2 years since then.

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 25, 2019

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Finally killed Uber Elder (I'm really not that good at this game to be fair) with a Shroud/Worb build.

Dropped another shroud :getin:

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Cmon you stupid hideout

I've lost count between Synthesis and flashback, at least 50 but probably closer to 80+ :smithcloud:

Edit: VVVV -- https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Celestial_Hideout (small chance when you kill shaper or uber elder you get the hideout unlocked)

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 26, 2019

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

rawk cawk posted:

Cmon you stupid hideout

I've lost count between Synthesis and flashback, at least 50 but probably closer to 80+ :smithcloud:

Edit: VVVV -- https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Celestial_Hideout (small chance when you kill shaper or uber elder you get the hideout unlocked)

Quoting myself, but finally got it :getin:

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Forgot to ask - does anyone need a few shaper sets on Synth Flashback SC? I have 12 sets left and not really trying to make money at this point.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
i got u fam

What build you playin?

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Unless the intent is to leave that Occultist keystone as is and offer everyone else the discount version with the heavy downsides.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
You will have a good time. Conc path is good and fun and fast.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Same, back on Sunday afternoon :(

I had enough good sense to take that Monday off though.

At this point I'm pretty sure I'm going slayer; I usually start leagues as SSF these days and being able to "fix" a low crit weapon seems cool and good, along with the other real good changes.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Sword sunder Perforate looks like it might be fun, but if the numbers don't feel good there's always spin2win.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Even with it not working on spells, its still desired?

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Ruggan posted:

I think that other post about the 10c ring is referring to the one with flammability on hit?

Oh you're right, looking at it again. Derp. Yeah with ~100 total ele resist and 60 life and that curse, it was easily many exalts. Oops?

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Wait you have a taste of hate, doomsower (so extra elemental) but are using brutality? Maybe switch that our starting...

Also consider going crit, just drop Bane for Overwhelm until you get uber lab. It's an easy way to scale your damage up.

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 16, 2019

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Yeah channeling would work, or close combat. If you were DW jewelled foils, then Rage is a very good support - just scales better with fast weapons.

Edit: VVVV - Maybe follow Nugi's character - he's going full phys, closer to what you have.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/nugiyen/characters

To be a little more helpful - even if you don't really change your tree and stick to RT, getting a better weapon and a 6 link will go a long way. Maybe trying to craft a level 1 maim chest will also help a ton.

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 16, 2019

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
This one: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Tempest%27s_Binding

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

BobbyK posted:

30 challenges down, six more to go but I am burnt out. We'll see if I can make it. I think the hardest ones left that are realistic is the Atziri kill in the temple.

Finished over the weekend/today after taking a break. I got really lucky with this one - got Atziri room next to nexus room the upgrade my t2 Atziri room. Otherwise I'd still be plunking away at one of the others :(

You can do it!

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Yeah wasp nest will be real strong until you can start crafting a Gemini Claw with Corroded (and maybe Aberrant).

They also mentioned they are updating the tree to allow more flexibility with the Chaos DoT Multi (working with poison now too instead of just non-ailment), right?

Maybe I start with poison then on Friday. Still thinking PF though, offers so much good stuff.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Aerox posted:

When you do please post it here :) I’m looking to try poison assassin as a starter too but I’m too dumb to figure out my own build

I took a pass at it since it's a likely starter for me as well. I tried to account for the fact that previous nodes that were only good for non-ailment before are now worth considering: Tree here

I'm not fully sure if getting that much of the claw wheel is worth it, but should be gud enuf to get started. I'm of course open to suggestions, as this is in no way carefully crafted.

Edit: I would also wouldn't be surprised at all if Mathil puts a tree out for this in his starter suggestion video tomorrow, so look out for that as well.

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 5, 2019

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

RPZip posted:

I agree that Mathi is probably league starting poison and the bandwagon effect is gonna be strong, though.

Yeah I have a Storm Brand Assassin tree ready expecting this. I'll fun with either build just don't want to deal with overpriced Wasp's Nest/Bino's etc the first week or so.

And with now the chance of +1 all lightning on wands, it's not a bad option at all.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
That's pretty dope of them. I mean it would have been available in a day or 2, but this is much better.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO START WITH, HELP.

Do you like minions? If so do what Jinnigan said
If not, do you mind doing on meta builds? If so do poison assassin.
Otherwise do [Spell] Assassin or duelist melee

Edit: Or that ^^^^^

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Apparently it's my turn to be the lucky crasher

Didn't crash at all yesterday or this morning. Left for a few hours and logged back in about an hour ago, have crashed 6-7 times now. Guess I'll give up until I hear something from GGG :mad:

Edit: Someone suggested to turn off multi-threading - that seemed to stop it for now. Game noticeably runs worse though, but at least I don't crash.

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Flavahbeast posted:

Ive run a bunch of mine but it looks like holding them is a good idea right now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/d2qmki/loot_from_blight_mechanic_needs_major_buff/ezxk5v9/

Good. With how easy it is for you to lose through RNG (like a super close portal), didn't feel worth doing them to me. I was just holding on to them until adjustments.

Edit: For Alira in act 2, there is always a rocky path leading to her off the main road in the middle. You'll see a break in the path, then some rocky road type stuff.

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 12, 2019