Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I think I'm going to be boring and try a sunder gladiator first until people work out the new skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Rank 8? Either way, just dodge the artillery.

Act 8 I guess.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Are Wings of Entropy any good for dw sunder glad? Or is it better to get a good axe and offhand stat stick?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

DemonMage posted:

It's to condense poo poo so you can focus on the sections that are important to you. There's no way to create a table of contents and sublink that I'm aware of, or they might just do that. Which is why the Scorching Ray build above doesn't bother with a build thread and makes a google doc instead I imagine to help with that kind of problem. Of course then you don't have build feedback which can be very helpful for new builds that wind up not being as good as they claim, or builds that invalidated in a future patch. Or more likely a poo poo ton of useless posting that the build creator doesn't feel like wading through.

Basically it's a kludgy hack for trying to make a more clean post because there's no solution that's good for every problem.

Unless they changed it it's because the word limit on posts is quite low, but each spoiler has its own limit, so by spoilering you can create posts that are significantly over the supposed word limit

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

gonadic io posted:

The new Zana quest is great, it was so awful if you were on a bad streak and she just never showed up.

A league or two ago I didn't see her for ages, then when she finally showed up she gave me a twinned fleet Torture Chamber of elemental weakness. Thanks.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Is Ruthless any good as a support for Sunder if I don't have a source of bleed yet?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
For a sunder gladiator, hatred + HoA or brutality + blasphemy vulnerability and another aura?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Goa Tse-tung posted:

compare it in PoB?

Ta, keep forgetting about PoB. Turns out that Hatred + HoA is much better than Brutality with my current weapon, particularly if I get a Witchfire. It could well change if i upgrade weapons though.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'd have thought a few C, really can't see how they are close to an ex or more.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Just to check, I can drop RT on my sunder Glad now I'm offhanding Tempestuous Steel right?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
For AHC GC mines Saboteur, would people recommend the Scion life wheel or going over to Devotion in Templar? Can't squeeze the points for both.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
TheRat, how did your Tendrils cwc Arc work out? Can you link your dude?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

nightwisher posted:

edit: it must be linked clockwise with CWDT - Blood Rage - Immortal Call otherwise it won't work properly.

When did gem order become a thing?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Typical, 2 days off work due to snow and there's no active league to play.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Has anyone seen a decent Tectonic Jugg or Shield Throw Glad build yet?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Does anyone have a decent Shield Throw build? I intended to try it at the beginning of the league but all of the early feedback was that it was pretty weak so I never bothered.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Are Incursions similar in difficulty to the zone they are entered from? Or can they potentially be lethal like Breaches were?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Ciaphas posted:

i've forgotten, are we supposed to be spending silver coins as we level now or do we hoard 'em for... something

I try and store 8 before taking any prophecies so I can seal a good one to sell.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Please don't engage DnC in "debate" people. I thought we knew this already.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Awesome! posted:

yeah just a bit

I found one of these the other day and assumed they were common drops (only killed the Omnitect twice). Just did a poe.trade search for it and there's one for sale listed at 30ex on IHC. What the gently caress?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Oh hang on, there are loads of different vials. Can't remember which I got. Is Sacrifice the only one worth a shitload?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Is there any room in the guild for a re-invite? Delve didn't float my boat so hoping the new one is better.

e: account name Lungboy, character name Lungboy.

VVVV Thanks

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Dec 6, 2018

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm returning to PoE after sitting out for many leagues (last I played was the mine one). Cobra lash seems like a nifty new skill, does it scale to maps?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I dunno about Cobra Lash alone, but I played a build last league that linked it to Cast on Crit->Bladefall and had a blast making GBS threads green blades everywhere. It's probably even better this league because now you can follow up with Blade Blast on any blades that get left behind.

Had a quick look and this seems hilarious. Did you run its as shadow or ?

Thanks, I just started a Shadow but it's still early enough to bin it for a Pathfinder so I'll look into both.

I'm on HC so I'm not sure which will be safer.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Traxis posted:

They gave totems 50% more base life in 3.10, I didn't have any issues with them dying when I played FP totems.

I played holy fire totems this past league and reflect was a huge pain in the arse but they didn't die at all outside that.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
If anyone has a good warcry build for a league starter i'd appreciate it, preferably with one of the upgraded slam skills but anything works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Filthy Monkey posted:

I do like the rage changes on the tree. Losing rage 60% more slowly and 15 extra rage will be a big deal.

We really need to see the skill gem info on the warcries first. In particular, the use time and cooldowns.

I am not sure how sold I am on the warcry exertion stuff currently. Exerting four slams isn't a big deal, especially if you are doing it at non-instant speed. One thing some people don't realize is how bad melee can feel with slow attack speeds. You need significant attack speed for things to feel smooth and fun to play. Seriously. Slow melee is awful, especially when you aren't playing cyclone. If you are burning your exerted attacks in less than a second, is the time spent to perform the warcry worthwhile?

My hunch right now is that investing into warcry passives is a poor use of points outside of call to arms for instant use.

Thanks for that. I've never tried warcries so thought with them changing it might be a good time but maybe not. I might just try the new slam skill.