Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hi i just fired this up again to play a standard ssf arc totem templar and i want to say this build fuckin whips

e- blessed is ciaphas for pointing me in the right directions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

queeb posted:

Anyone reccomend a good arc totem build? wanan run that as my league starter for this 1 month, since i can hide way back behind my totems while they kill poo poo

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CaptainFoo/characters Fooarc_CHOMENURTIS is a clone of ciaphas' build that should get you started until he can post the full build

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I like SSF :3:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:yayclod: labs so far have been crushing, heh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

euphronius posted:

I wish poeninja showed a larger range of characters. Mainly the 90-94 range to see a bit more variation. Maybe it can and I don’t know how.

80% of the top characters are using immortal call, which is pretty ridiculous. Seems like the game could use another circuit breaker or two.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dahbadu posted:

I originally decided on running a full fire-converted Chieftan Blade Vortex build in 3.4, similar to what Mathil did in 3.3.

But...

The new Dominating Blow looks pretty sweet, and could probably be great in Delve. I'm just gonna say gently caress it, try the new poo poo, and play a reworked Guardian using Dominating Blow.

some sort of weird build that dominates monsters in the darkness so the darkness frags them

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yolomon Wayne posted:

what about flame thrower traps for delve?

I dont know if i can stomach arc traps one more time, and wand witch is super fun but guaranteed :thunk: in the mines, so im looking for a starter that can actually do league content.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

dammit

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

What should I start this league with, ssf, that isn't arc-based

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

theshim posted:

Killed red elder with one death, apparently my stupid dumbass build is actually okay. The goon squad hurts, apparently.

whatcha running?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

theshim posted:

BV Necro with Herald of Purity/Agony. Build is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/theshim/characters

Most of my gear is mediocre or just bad, but a ton of free damage from the minion nodes is carrying me pretty hard, it seems. For most of the time the BV is enough for me to run through packs, and the minions apparently chunk bosses pretty drat well!

Nice. I'm just starting off with demi's lacerate duelist ssf.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm amused by the people on the official forums who are convinced that autopickup of azurite is destroying the game

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

theshim posted:

probably going to reroll pretty soon, especially now that azurite upgrades carry over

no idea what as but I've sold two inpulsa's so I've got a decent budget

give me ideas

bladefall traps

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Velveteen posted:

From personal experience, nodes with only 2 connections has a hidden wall 100% of the time. Since they can only have 1, 3, 4 connected paths. If you do one where the cart reaches the end and has no encounter for some odd reason, that also means theres a hidden path so start looking around.

This seems to be a rule, 2 nodes has hidden path except maybe at the very top of the mine.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Vasudus posted:

Delving sideways is absolutely a good idea if you're okay with the level/loot. I'm currently hanging around whatever delve level that has level 75-77 mobs on my Guardian because the sulphite cost, overall difficulty, overall loot, and experience earned will take me into the late 80s just fine.

This being my second character and being darkness/light radius/flare radius capped up to ~325 is the key for this though. If you're not darkness/light radius capped for your level it should be a top priority.

Is there a way for the generator to show you what your resist/radius is at a given level or does it always show what they are for the last level you delved at?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

it shows what you have at whatever depth you are standing in if you go to the proph/achievement/delve panel, iirc

oh poo poo i always forget that screen exists, thanks

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I enjoy the little pleasures, like finding a vaal warchief early while SSFing a build that uses warchief :)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Locator posted:

What is the "Flavor of the League" build that is using Quill Rain?

toxic rain, I think

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Helter Skelter posted:

I'm also new and this dude's youtube channel seems helpful for the learn2grind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8xQ4qxXRrQ

I'm playing his lacerator build as my delve starter, guy at least has well put together guides. He's also got a decent video on how to make any build a budget build, which seems kinda helpful.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sakco posted:

So I alteration spammed this in Delve SSF:
What's the best way to proceed from here? Grind masters until I can multimod and drop added phys + crit chance/multi on it? Maybe slam afterwards and hope for a hybrid prefix? I've got 3ex.

how do you get the specific prefix/suffix indicators to display?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elerion posted:

Turn on advanced tool tips in options, hold alt.

Beware that the tier naming is misleading in some cases. Like on rings, where the top life roll is called “Tier 5” for some reason.

Thanks, and also :psyduck:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gonadic io posted:

Inv for BarrowArrow please if there's still room

Also I'm taking suggestions on a character name for a Kitava's Thirst Assassin.
E: using frenzy and quill rain, I really feel like there's amazing naming potential here.

oriathagram_thirst_trap

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I just rolled my first 6S into a 6L...took me four fusings

I'm in act 7

:rip: any future rng success for me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Awesome! posted:

do you actually try to 6l things though or do you just sell your fuses/jews and buy them

SSF :q:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Does magma orb trap work at all

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MMF Freeway posted:

It would probably be fine but doesn't really play to the skill's strengths. Since the orbs will be coming from the trap location the target won't be hit by the full brunt of the damage which happens at the last couple chains. You really wanna be throwing it out from a distance.

ah okay, thanks

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wowza

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Control Volume posted:

If you arent doing some idiotic gimmick build that barely rises above mediocre, you arent playing this game correctly

wild strike duelist idk

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

standalone is disconnecting me after login as well

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

baby puzzle posted:

Hello I’m a casual player. What’s the point of delve?

it's a different kind of environment, you can to some extent choose what sort of loot you're looking for, the loot pinatas are amazing

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

boredsatellite posted:

Dying to wetas always feel loving awful and it happens so fast too. Urgh

seriousllllly

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Truga posted:

I'm only down to 200 depth but I haven't had any issues yet with weird bugs. Do they explode on death?

yes, and you've been seeing them the whole time

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

There's an Incinerate/CwC Volatile Dead marauder build floating around the official forums that looks hilarious and I think I might roll that for my next character

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

queeb posted:

I found this and it looks neat, but man the boss dps looks pretty bad considering. He talked about a BV swap for bosses but the setup isnt in the thread anywhere.

I think it's downthread a bit, not in the main post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

guh i hate A8 doedre

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Phobophilia posted:

Theorycrafting time around Toxic Rain/Caustic Arrow? Which ascendancy and playstyle is best? I have three options:

1) CI Occultist with curse auras:
Lots of sustain and mitigation, decent ES recovery with Occultist, though I can't help but wonder how they sustain their mana.

2) Pathfinder with dodge and QotF evasion:
Fast, decent mitigation, but not great recovery.

3) Trickster with dodge and MoM:
Decent mitigation, good recovery, doesn't seem insanely fast.

Which of the 3 is the best option?

I'm playing around with this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077932

It's a Raider and also has impressive detail for leveling and build options and how to progress the character. It's also an HC build so it's probably beefier but slower than some other options.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jinnigan posted:

I haven't played this game in like a month. Wanna get up to some Consecrated Path shenanigans. What's the 'best' Consecrated Path build? What's the difference between, say, an Inquisitor, Mathil's Elementalist, or a Scion?

I'm just starting one as a chieftain, and while I can't speak to the differences between the various ascendency choices, but the skill is fun as heck.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Control Volume posted:

Anything that relies on regen or life gain on hit is great for delving for the darkness aspects, but if you cant get past depth 40 with a level 53 melee build, youve seriously screwed something up

Raider phasing is nice, too

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Seems like curse on hit doesn't work as expected with herald of purity :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MMF Freeway posted:

Yeah curse on hit doesn't work with minions. Its kind of unintuitive but its in the gem description.

then why does it give me the green checkbox :mad:

oh well guess i'll fart around with sockets some more